Boyce

steve123

I will probably be in the minority but thought he showed what he is about today, in my opinion he has been ineffective as he has been coming deep to try and create.

Don't get me wrong he is not faultless but we have not been playing to his strengths( goal from Ginnelly cross)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• steve123

• Cruyff

• Stendelnator

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

been here before

Cant really say Im seeing it with Boyce. The talent and ability is obviously there but he just looks like he cant be arsed most of the time. Seems to lose interest very quickly.

In all fairness though he's not the only one just now.

Edited by been here before

Like so many players who sign for us just sit back do nothing collect there wages. Yes he scored to goals but he should be doing that every week

Edited by j1964m

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

He scores goals. He was signed to score goals. 

He can’t fix everything else. 

Exactly 

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

He scores goals. He was signed to score goals. 

He can’t fix everything else. 

This. Give him the ammo (crosses)  he’ll score

fabienleclerq

Naismith and him Want to work in the same spaces, needs a partner up top. 

Edited by fabienleclerq

8 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I will probably be in the minority but thought he showed what he is about today, in my opinion he has been ineffective as he has been coming deep to try and create.

Don't get me wrong he is not faultless but we have not been playing to his strengths( goal from Ginnelly cross)

The mans trying to work of scraps a lot of the time, missed chances also but never hides and always wants the ball, just needs a partner there with him.

Just now, 1874robbo said:

The mans trying to work of scraps a lot of the time, missed chances also but never hides and always wants the ball, just needs a partner there with him.

This I have been frustrated by him but seen today exactly what he could do with good service.

4 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Like so many players who sign for us just sit back do nothing collect there wages. Yes he scored to goals but he should be doing that every week

An absolute nonsense. He’s doing it most weeks. Messi and Ronaldo don’t score every week. He’s having the best season of any striker we’ve had since Zeefuik. 

Berra than you
Just now, Stendelnator said:

An absolute nonsense. He’s doing it most weeks. Messi and Ronaldo don’t score every week. He’s having the best season of any striker we’ve had since Zeefuik. 

Unbelievable that after that performance someone can have a go at him. He got three decent balls into him today. Scored two and hit the post with the other. Boyce is not our problem

Just now, Barack said:

Being Hearts' main striker is probably up their with one of the most thankless tasks on the planet.

What's he on now? 9 in 12 or something? He looks fed up. So are we.

I'll take a fed up player scoring at that rate. Support him...he scores. Not a difficult equation.

23 games, 11 goals, 7 assists.  

That's pretty good considering. 👍

Give Boyce service. Our club seems to think our strikers can create and score their own chances unaided. Been like this for years. 

Boyce is not the problem.

I like him. When we get balls in for him to attack and passes in behind he does well.

He's had to drop deep because our play is so stale.

Least of our worries but needs some help up there 

south morocco

Wasted in the way we play.. Great playerin or about the box but has to come too deep. Naismith similar at the moment. Push them up the park Will get us goals. It’s because our midfield is so bad in my opinion 

Like a lot of players we have with talent, we're not getting the best out of them. 

Maybe one of the smart arses on here could tell me why that is. 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Like a lot of players we have with talent, we're not getting the best out of them. 

Maybe one of the smart arses on here could tell me why that is. 

Because he's like Lafferty he should finish chances, not be involved in the build up. He should never leave the box. 

Weakened Offender

He's been a huge disappointment. Rarely looks interested, looks miserable when he scores and his lack of control in the box is often brutal. 

3 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

He's been a huge disappointment. Rarely looks interested, looks miserable when he scores and his lack of control in the box is often brutal. 

You are at it, our style of play has hung him out to dry.

We cry out for a striker of quality and when we finally get one we don't supply him properly.

Guy that scores both our goals can't get a break.

Stand by the fact Boyce is quality and any interloper knows it

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Guy that scores both our goals can't get a break.

Stand by the fact Boyce is quality and any interloper knows it

This. 

south morocco
10 minutes ago, steve123 said:

We cry out for a striker of quality and when we finally get one we don't supply him properly.

Agreed 

Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Aye OK. 

44 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cant really say Im seeing it with Boyce. The talent and ability is obviously there but he just looks like he cant be arsed most of the time. Seems to lose interest very quickly.

In all fairness though he's not the only one just now.

He scored two goals. Two goals. For a striker, that's pretty good. 

27 minutes ago, Arry said:

First touch is terrible when he drops deep ... . but scores goals when in the box. Needs to concentrate on the job he was bought to do.

You should have seen him today. He did that job twice.

WoolfordsHearts

When you see some of the ramblings on todays match thread about him,you realise some haven't got a ******* clue about football. 

He's a player that won't be here for long and will play at a higher level than he is now with us(wouldn't be hard).

Imo.

SpruceBringsteen

Hearts fans dislike strikers who don't score goals.

Hearts fans dislike strikers who do score goals.

Bizarre tbh.

45 minutes ago, j1964m said:

He should be scoring two goals every game?

Can you name a striker, in any team in the world, who has averaged two goals a game?

Pele scored 541  goals in 560 league games.

I know our old business model was high salary low bonus which is probably why the majority of some of these guys just don’t looked phased.

I definitely heard Ann saying our model was changing to incorporate a better bonus structure in the return for slightly lower salary’s, which is by far the better way in my opinion as it gives some motivation and incentive. I’m assuming there will still be players on the old set up.

Can’t remember where I heard that, although may have been a news article. 

Diadora Van Basten

His strength is getting on the end of crosses.

We need to get more crosses in the box and he will score.

17 corners today and 1 goes to Boyce and he scores.

Pasquale for King

He needs better service, our crossing is awful especially from Smith, I could be wrong but the only time they’ve combined for a goal was in the last NI game. We really didn’t get the ball to GMS enough in the first half today. 
Boyce should’ve been onside and scored from Naismith’s cross today.  

lost in space
37 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hard job when he has 4 defenders defending the shit service.

This. He is scoring goals when getting the service he need.

He is coming too deep to try and get the ball (playing as no 10).

Cant blame him when he is usually only player opposition box.

Our tactics are pathetic.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Being Hearts' main striker is probably up there with one of the most thankless tasks on the planet.

What's he on now? 9 in 12 or something? He looks fed up. So are we.

I'll take a fed up player scoring at that rate. Support him...he scores. Not a difficult equation.

7 in 11 for this season

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 22.35.56.png

2 hours ago, steve123 said:

Good player surrounded by team that don’t know what’s going on

Robbie has just not got a clue utterly hopeless manager 

Like Boyce but his link up play was poor today. Usually his strength. 

Heard someone say he misses a sitter every game and that is absolutely true. Today it was flagged offside anyway. He does get frustrated very easily and don’t think he and Naismith suit each other. Wouldn’t mind seeing him with Wighton (or a new striker) a bit more regularly.

Boyce could still prove to be a top signing/ goalscorer 

he’s doing ok but hopefully still get better. 

there’s about 5/6 other players who could be  replaced before he’s looked at(I e central defence and midfield urgently). And that could give him the time to prove himself and become the main man up top. 

bobby bombscare

Boyce has made a career from tap ins and headers. Today he got 3 headers. 2 were goals and one hit the bar. I genuinely don't understand how hearts fans are unhappy with that?
Give him the service he needs from crosses and he'll score. If Ginelley was on earlier, he'd have had 3, no doubt. 

Honestly, hearts fans are the only fans in the world that can look at a striker that scored 2 goals and berate them as not good enough. 
Plain and simple, if the defence had done their job properly we would have won 2-0. He is doing his job. If hearts fans thing he's not good enough then theres not a single player on that pitch that is good enough! We are a medium sized club with a 20k capacity stadium and folk are expecting Harry Kane goal tallys up top and old firm quality players in every position on the pitch.  

The boy played the whole first half basically at the half way line. He was coming far deeper than the raith defenders to get the ball then having to turn and create something from nothing consistently. He's not that type of player. It's up to Naisy/Irvine/Halliday to be making sure the ball is getting forward so he is receiving it behind the defenders. Outside of that, it's up to the wingers to make sure he's getting quality crosses in the box. THEY never done their job today. When he got quality service from Gino, he scored 2 goals.. not rocket science. Literally anyone else in the team should be berated before him after todays performance. 

Wait. that's too logical for JKB.. I'll try again. "BeNCh hIM, wE NeEd laFfERty bACK"

Edited by bobby bombscare