Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread

south morocco

10 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

In future use “private” browsing in safari. Close any boxes/pop ups/new tabs and it does work eventually.

Bit jumpy and skippy, but better than give Rat Rovers £12

Ta

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Pretty sure you can get adblockers for Safari. I gave up my smartphone last year and am back to a normal phone. So much less hassle!

Were ya getting too old for the wee yins

6966FCAC-D384-42CC-97FE-4DA0C58D4B6C.jpeg

17 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Can anyone summarise what Robbie said in post interview?

"Those lucky *******s, it should have been 10"

Haringshairband

I paid for the Raith stream. Didn't buffer all game. Just want to concentrate on football now **** the off pitch grudges, do them on the park.

14 minutes ago, DS98 said:

*Negative post incoming*

I know, I know,  after a 4-0 away win. (Very rare, even in this league). But can’t help but think that the two late goals masked quite a flat and uninspiring second half. It was all too familiar. Could easily have just finished 2-0 and the mood would be significantly different. For the first 40 mins of the second half it just looked the same mundane safe pass after safe pass. It seemed like the players were happy just to keep their pass percentage high. Would’ve liked to see both strikers on the park as well. Even just for 10/15 mins. Neilson and the players should know that the club got embarrassed on Saturday and Raith, Dundee and Dunfermline will now smell blood. Tonight was a chance to really go for it, really hammer a scummy team that did us wrong in the summer and send a message out to the rest of the league. Really could’ve been any score we wanted. 

End of rant. 

Anyway I’ll take 4-0. Positives well outweigh the negatives. Clean sheet, new striker looks a player, 9 points clear. Let’s do the same on Saturday. 

They had 10 men so parked the bus.

They then took off their only striker and brought on a centre back at 2-0.

Was always going to be difficult to break down.

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

How'd you get that photo of me? Ha!

Seriously, best phone I've ever owned. Dropped it loads already, not a scratch on it. No time lost on it, either, given the web browser is slower than Jamie Walker tracking back :) 

nokia-800-tough-2019-02.jpg

Could have just said walker nevermind the tracking back. Does it stop 5g and you being tracked when you are in China too? If so it sounds a winner

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even if it had ended 2-0 it was a very good performance, even at 0-0 we were playing very well.

if it finished 2-0 the mood would have been different... ffs.

Obviously not from you Mr Prozac.

But I’d have been disappointed if it stayed 2-0. And imo the second half was quite flat and boring. (Until the 86th minute) Like a few of our second halfs this season. 

Im usually a positive poster tbf. Maybe I’m just making up for the usual suspects who are conspicuous in their absence tonight.

Makes you wonder if Neilson has been reluctant to play Ginnelly from the start when you see him break down early on. 

After what was another shocking stat in the Budge era (first defeat to Raith in 28 years) I am pleased with tonight. Although it should have been 10 nil.

That-Day-In-May
24 minutes ago, DS98 said:

*Negative post incoming*

I know, I know,  after a 4-0 away win. (Very rare, even in this league). But can’t help but think that the two late goals masked quite a flat and uninspiring second half. It was all too familiar. Could easily have just finished 2-0 and the mood would be significantly different. For the first 40 mins of the second half it just looked the same mundane safe pass after safe pass. It seemed like the players were happy just to keep their pass percentage high. Would’ve liked to see both strikers on the park as well. Even just for 10/15 mins. Neilson and the players should know that the club got embarrassed on Saturday and Raith, Dundee and Dunfermline will now smell blood. Tonight was a chance to really go for it, really hammer a scummy team that did us wrong in the summer and send a message out to the rest of the league. Really could’ve been any score we wanted. 

End of rant. 

Anyway I’ll take 4-0. Positives well outweigh the negatives. Clean sheet, new striker looks a player, 9 points clear. Let’s do the same on Saturday. 

Not sure how much attention you payed to the game. But it was evident that Raith weren’t willing to try and get back in the game after going down to 10. Game was secure at 2-0, why tire out our players when we have 3 huge games in a week? That was the definition of a professional job. They hardly even had the ball in our half and can’t even remember them having a shot. 

The Old Tolbooth

On Saturday, we played at home like we usually play away form home, dreadful! Tonight, we played away from home how we usually play at home, completely dominant and buried the opposition, this is a bit of a head fek and I’ve genuinely no idea which side turns up on Saturday 😂 

I dearly want to hammer those Pars scum though, another four would be lovely! 

haveyouheard1874
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

On Saturday, we played at home like we usually play away form home, dreadful! Tonight, we played away from home how we usually play at home, completely dominant and buried the opposition, this is a bit of a head fek and I’ve genuinely no idea which side turns up on Saturday 😂 

###correct

1 minute ago, That-Day-In-May said:

Not sure how much attention you payed to the game. But it was evident that Raith weren’t willing to try and get back in the game after going down to 10. Game was secure at 2-0, why tire out our players when we have 3 huge games in a week? That was the definition of a professional job. They hardly even had the ball in our half and can’t even remember them having a shot. 

Exactly. Raith sat in with 10 men and rarely ventured forward.

Gordon could've sat and played candy crush for most of the match.

Tonight's game was an absolute delight to watch. Goalkeeper never had to make a save. Back four looked solid for a change. Midfield completely dominated and controlled the game. We created lots of chances. Four goals scored and could easily have been double that on another night. Not a single failure in the team.

It all left me wondering how on earth we lost to that team just three days ago but that is football I guess. Tonight showed what a gulf there is between these two sides when we apply ourselves properly and play the way we are capable of playing. One of the things that really made a difference tonight was the way we pressed the ball high up the pitch. I lost count of the number of times they just gave the ball back to us in and around their box. We had at least three or four good chances to score because of it. I really want to see more of that from us. Teams in this division are not technically good enough to play through a high press so it's a tactic that can pay huge dividends for us if we stick with it. 

Everybody was good tonight but again I want to give a special mention to Andy Irving. He absolutely strolled that match. His passing is really a joy to watch. He slipped one ball inside the full-back for Gary Mackay-Steven(I think?) in the second half that was just peachy. To have the vision to see that pass is good. To be able to execute it is awesome. That boy has real potential and we better get him tied down to a long term contract soon because if we don't we will lose him. He is going to play at a higher level than the Scottish Premiership one day. 

I am a very happy chappy tonight. HHGH. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Yeah. So frustrating 

Perth to Paisley

Been racking my brain for who Andy Irving reminds me of.

Got it....a taller slimmer Jack Wiltshire. 

Wonderful left foot

He really makes the most of a flat surface.

3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Tonight's game was an absolute delight to watch. Goalkeeper never had to make a save. Back four looked solid for a change. Midfield completely dominated and controlled the game. We created lots of chances. Four goals scored and could easily have been double that on another night. Not a single failure in the team.

It all left me wondering how on earth we lost to that team just three days ago but that is football I guess. Tonight showed what a gulf there is between these two sides when we apply ourselves properly and play the way we are capable of playing. One of the things that really made a difference tonight was the way we pressed the ball high up the pitch. I lost count of the number of times they just gave the ball back to us in and around their box. We had at least three or four good chances to score because of it. I really want to see more of that from us. Teams in this division are not technically good enough to play through a high press so it's a tactic that can pay huge dividends for us if we stick with it. 

Everybody was good tonight but again I want to give a special mention to Andy Irving. He absolutely strolled that match. His passing is really a joy to watch. He slipped one ball inside the full-back for Gary Mackay-Steven(I think?) in the second half that was just peachy. To have the vision to see that pass is good. To be able to execute it is awesome. That boy has real potential and we better get him tied down to a long term contract soon because if we don't we will lose him. He is going to play at a higher level than the Scottish Premiership one day. 

bang on. Andy Irving was outstanding and a real talent. A player I would not be adverse to giving a 4 year deal lol.

fantastic attitude and real potential

Just now, Perth to Paisley said:

Been racking my brain for who Andy Irving reminds me of.

Got it....a taller slimmer Jack Wiltshire. 

Wonderful left foot

He really makes the most of a flat surface.

And a damn fine right as well. Superb player who will only improve. Seems level headed as well so hopefully we can sign him up. No doubt clubs will be circling though

Sub4TiddlerMurray
38 minutes ago, DS98 said:

*Negative post incoming*

End of rant. 

You need to change your meds

Sub4TiddlerMurray
9 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

100% on the money!

Heart of Darkness
13 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Excellent post N I T 👌

Spoiler

One of the main positives is that we maintained pressure and momentum and pace in our play even after Ginnelly went off early - not sure we've really done that before this season without him?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

*Negative post incoming*

End of rant. 

21 shots for us and none for Raith tells the story. They focused on keeping the score down for at least 60 mins. Could easily have been a cricket score without Jamie Mac making some good saves (again).

Guest ToqueJambo

No highlights from RR TV yet? Mind you, can't blame them. Imagine having to edit that one-sided affair into a highlight package for your own fans.

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Had IPTV until December, watching Hearts games it was constantly buffering. Became unwatchable.

Used hesgoal for 1st OF game, first half pretty good, 2nd half buffering and drop outs and missed the dying minutes.

That's what I mean by faffing about.

All paid streams have been fine.

Alloa had issues with Firefox and TV browser and had eventually use Chrome on laptop.

Never had good experiences with some of the dodgy link sites.

I get security warnings whenever I try to use any of the links provided on here. 

What am I doing wrong ? 🤔 

Bazzas right boot

We're going to absolutely skelp someone soon. 

7/8-0 incoming at some point. 

We are creating a lot of chances. 

54 minutes ago, That-Day-In-May said:

John McGlynn says the Covid break took its toll. Players tired after first game in weeks. 

jamboinglasgow

I do think Raith were affected by the interruption of Covid. Saturday they have thrown everything into it so there is tiredness from that and change of team. But also think that the complete domination of the match speaks volumes to of Hearts. 

A win (and such a clear one) was vital after Saturday, not just to keep our position but for the players not to be too badly effected. I also think the manner of how we played was what we should be doing but have not of late.

As our first clean sheet since the start of December is something that should boost the defences confidence.

wattie exploited
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

John McGlynn says the Covid break took its toll. Players tired after first game in weeks. 

go on john beat dundee scum bags 

In fairness, Covid or not, if Hearts had started Saturday like they did tonight we'd have won at a canter. The 3 defeats we've had have been exactly the same, passive starts and leaving too much to do.

So McGlynn...take the 👊 and 🖕

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

We created lots of chances. Four goals scored and could easily have been double that on another night.

Jamie MacDonald had another very fine performance...the git :lol: 

Just in from work and missed the game but delighted with that result and major boost the new boy opening his account.

hopefully now we start all games on the front foot.

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

Well isn't that just typical :lol:

Good shout.   It is bewildering. How some come about with an incredible performance such like.   Then drop back into their hammocks for awhile.  🏖️ :coolgleamA:

Whats next then top tipster? :👂 👂

3 hours ago, Daktari said:

He went down after both goals I think? Seems to be a bit of a ritual for him...

Yes I saw the ritual part. Maybe it’s just an extension of that, but there was at least 2 separate things were it didn’t look like a ritual, one just before a corner where I thought he may have had a ‘stitch’ The other was after the game and after what looked like his ‘ritual’ I’ve no problem with rituals by the way, for me he can run round the pitch shouting Allahu Akbar every time he scores if he fancies it. Just found it a bit curious but may be nothing.

Comprehensive and totally dominant performance. As we all expect in this league but isn’t always the case. 

We pummelled Raith in the last half hour on Saturday, and tonight the team did that from the start. Lesson learned I hope 🤞🏼

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I'm one, not afraid to admit it.

Not missed a game this season.

I want want to watch Hearts, end of.

I can't be arsed with faffing about on free stream sites.

You and many others paid it seems. Commentary team didn’t give figures but said it was there biggest PPV audience by a distance. 

If you want to pay, pay. If you don’t, dont. It’s personal choice. Folk calling Hearts fans scabs though ? That’s just uncalled for and downright nasty. 

NB I watched but didn’t pay.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

You mean this...?

20210127_013135.jpg

No that’s clearly the ritual. There was other bits that didn’t look like ritual. The one before the corner he was bent almost double, hands on hips and 2 or 3 players gave him a pat and seemed to me to be checking he was okay.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We're going to absolutely skelp someone soon. 

7/8-0 incoming at some point. 

We are creating a lot of chances. 

Aahhhhh the feast and the famine of being a Hearts fan encapsulated in 4 days 

I agree though. Could have been a very big margin tonight and if we’re playing like that regularly it’s only a matter of time before we hit a big score against someone.

3 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

I don't want to be negative after a really good performance but I'm yet to see what Halliday is meant to be good at. 

Hiding 

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

*Negative post incoming*

End of rant. 

We’ve all seen pretty bad lapses in performance level during games this season. However I think this time we were managing it sensibly. We let Irving have the ball to make killer passes and we kept the width. I don’t think it was a lapse. I think the management team believe this is wrapped up if we beat Dunfermline on Saturday ( if it’s not already) so kept a little back on a pitch type that’s never been great for us.

Once it’s in the bag to everyone’s satisfaction I’d like to see us really open up on a couple of teams. Dundee next time for starters.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aahhhhh the feast and the famine of being a Hearts fan encapsulated in 4 days 

I agree though. Could have been a very big margin tonight and if we’re playing like that regularly it’s only a matter of time before we hit a big score against someone.

We've created a lot outside the Dundee and ict games imo. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We've created a lot outside the Dundee and ict games imo. 

I think we’re almost there in an attacking sense. Boyce misses a lot or he’d be over 20 already but we’re in decent shape and Armand looks the part. Unbelievable leap for his second goal.

Irving is going to be some player and we need to get him tied up as a priority, but the midfield needs work in the summer. We need a creative runner. It’ll do for now though 

GMS was decent tonight but you have to start to question Ginellys injury record 

Defensively we were untroubled and I thought Popescu right and Halkett left showed some promise, but I don’t trust us there for next season. Again what we have will do for now assuming there are no more aberrations like Saturday

Edited by JimmyCant