Half a team needed

Billy Hoyle

It does need ripped up. If we were playing Hamilton, St Mirren or Ross County today with fans it would have been exactly the same posinous atmosphere it was last season.

That squad would have us 8th or 9th at best.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Neil Dongcaster

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Agreed. Only players that are capable of a top 6 side imo are Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, GMS, Boyce, Gino and Irving. Debate over what Naismith brings now, especially at that level. 

So,exactly what did GMS do today that confirmed his status as "good enough". 

6 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Have to take into account Berras age. Haring is in his prime years.

Didn't play today but written off after one poor game. 

See my above.  One game is not a yardstick. The constant though is the manager. Ask ourselves, why are we not good for 90?.)Alway pedestrian until necessary.  Our guys think they're better, think they'll piss on everyone. We need to start fast put the game to bed. Then be Billy big bollox. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

How many Raith Rovers players would be first choice in our team?

How many Hearts players would get a game for Raith Rovers?

Raith wouldn’t want any of our players 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You happy getting beat by the likes of dunfermline , dundee and raith like ? Our wage bill will be higher than all those 3 put together 

Why would I be happy? I think you might have misinterpreted my post. Some people think that getting rid of and bringing more players in solves the problems. Our turnover of players in the Budge era is ridiculous and where has it left us? 

There's something fundamentally wrong at the club and giving Neilson more money to chuck at more average players won't sort it. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

See my above.  One game is not a yardstick. The constant though is the manager. Ask ourselves, why are we not good for 90?.)Alway pedestrian until necessary.  Our guys think they're better, think they'll piss on everyone. We need to start fast put the game to bed. Then be Billy big bollox. 

I tend not to judge a Hearts player on their first full game. Are you trying to suggest GMS isn't a top 6 spfl player? 

Neil Dongcaster
13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How many of our current squad do you think would get a game for Hibs or Aberdeen? 

Gordon, Boyce, GMS, Kingsley, Haring, Irving, Smith.

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

GMS is nowhere near match fit. Shouldn't have started but showed little bits and pieces and some nice touches. Will obviously improve with more game time under his belt.

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What was score today ?? John mcglynn could only dream off even having a quarter of our budget but far too many highly paid under achievers at Hearts 

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

I tend not to judge a Hearts player on their first full game. Are you trying to suggest GMS isn't a top 6 spfl player? 

No mate ignore me. Drunken,emotive typing.

1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

GMS is nowhere near match fit. Shouldn't have started but showed little bits and pieces and some nice touches. Will obviously improve with more game time under his belt.

Granted,just a bit raw,pissed and emotional.  I'll give the guy a chance.

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

We have many faults at the club, IMO Haring is one of the better things about us. How the Management deal with him getting him back up to speed is the concern.

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

No mate ignore me. Drunken,emotive typing.

Fair enough mate. Enjoy the bevvy, I'm about to just open one  

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What was score today ?? John mcglynn could only dream off even having a quarter of our budget but far too many highly paid under achievers at Hearts 

Exactly, but what do we do? scrap the whole team and buy youngsters that will respect Neilson, or get a manager in that will get the most out of the squad we've got?

I know what will happen, we'll stick with Neilson and it will be more money down the drain. 

Boyce is not an issue for us. The lack of supply to him is. Two quality deliveries and two goals. 9 goals in 12 games this season. 

1 minute ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

We have many faults at the club, IMO Haring is one of the better things about us. How the Management deal with him getting him back up to speed is the concern.

Unfortunately i think Haring is finished at least as a 90 minute player

38 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I don’t think the standard of player is the issue, it’s how they are being coached and motivated.

The standard of player must be an issue, we all agree that the standard of some of the signings has been woeful - Robert’s , Frear , Popescu to name a few are definitely not the level of players that are going to improve us. Unfortunately when you are where we are then we are having to take a punt on these type of players. It seems that we have had this type of signing policy for a number of years now. The scouting as far as I am concerned has been abysmal for years. Players signed when injury prone has been a big problem for years.

37 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

It’s not both. Our squad is well above the average in the top league. 

If last year proved anything it's that this squad are not above average when compared to the top flight, otherwise we wouldn't be in the position that we now find ourselves in.

Selkirkhmfc1874
18 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

47 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I don’t think the standard of player is the issue, it’s how they are being coached and motivated.

Exactly, they all look and play like the could not care less.

But they know Robbie will do nothing.

There is not even a player on the park trying to encourage them.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You already said that and i replied. 

quockerwodgerjambo

What a state the football department is in, yet again. What type of issues will it be now, the amount of money invested into the side should be showing up better in performances.

So what is the cure, going around in circles with no real point won't work. Bringing in players of the standard of Kingsley GMS and tying down Gino helps us a lot.

Having CG is a plus, he needs protection. Invest the money in two CB or HB's with quality.

The first part of a rebuild starts with your Goalkeepers. Tick.

Two quality CB's seal the defense cover for the goalie.   Failure.

That is the crux of the issue in the squad, the defense is letting down the side. Players are caught sleeping due to the mistakes of teammates, a captain is needed who can change the mindset on match day.

Today’s maybe only a blip but ....

We beat Raith comfortably 3 months ago. Only Kingsley and Frear started both games for Hearts.

When you compare the two starting line ups it’s outrageous we lost in such a way today. 

3DD4ABA0-B859-4C24-B26D-C836A843368E.png

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He did. Would have been better than Frear today. 

I admire your optimism, but then it really wouldn't be a hard task to be better than Frear, although Walker seems to have joined this race to the bottom, currently being led by Roberts.

29 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It does need ripped up. If we were playing Hamilton, St Mirren or Ross County today with fans it would have been exactly the same posinous atmosphere it was last season.

That squad would have us 8th or 9th at best.

An improvement on last season then. 

i don’t disagree though, needs strengthened if we do get promoted. 

quockerwodgerjambo
4 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Today’s maybe only a blip but ....

We beat Raith comfortably 3 months ago. Only Kingsley and Frear started both games for Hearts.

When you compare the two starting line ups it’s outrageous we lost in such a way today. 

3DD4ABA0-B859-4C24-B26D-C836A843368E.png

Here is the match up, from BBC . I mentioned earlier 4-4-2 doesn't suit Hearts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55685939

championship.jpg

Gordon yes

Kingsley and Smith on todays showing absolutely not, a 14 year old would be embarrassed at their defending but they are capable of better,well Smith is definitely, yes

Halkett,Berra and Popescu absolutely No

Walker and Halliday definitely, no 

Haring and Irving ,not sure tbh.

Naismith absolute joker now,no 

Ginelly and Boyce ,yes

GMS ,not sure 

Frear and Roberts ,absolutely not.

So Gordon, Smith,Kingsley,Boyce Ginelly and maybe Haring , Irving and GMS

So.yes half a team 

IveSeenTheLight
33 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Kingsley and GMS (if he’s as decent as he once was). Boyce maybe at a push. The rest I don’t think would make the first team.
Hearts will still stroll the Championship and get back up, I have no doubt.

‘It’s a tough time to be strengthening your squad but you most likely will need to do for when you come back up.

Folk have really jumped on Haring having a couple of bad games for some reason, when he played in games at the start of the season he looked quality, after a year injured he's going to struggle with only getting half an hour every fortnight. 

Haring needs to be playing games to get back to his best but the management have wrapped him in cotton wool imo

Leveins Battalion

Players who need to go.

Zlamal

Berra

Popescu

Brandon (sorry bad taste I know)

Frear

Roberts

Henderson

Damour

Wighton

Walker

Naismith (He is finished)

that is a whole team,outrageous 

Don't think we need half a team but there's two key areas where Neilson has failed to address. Central defence and centre midfield. That's been obvious since last season. Popescu and Berra both liabilities which brings out the worst in Halkett.

Irving needs some quality alongside him. Halliday inconsistent, Haring way off it, Lee was decent but often went missing. 

Should still have enough to win this league comfortably but the lack of quality in those two areas were glaringly obvious today

Neil Dongcaster
34 minutes ago, dougal said:

If last year proved anything it's that this squad are not above average when compared to the top flight, otherwise we wouldn't be in the position that we now find ourselves in.

That’s a very simplistic approach. You have have a Ferrari and a Punto in a race but unless you put petrol in the Ferrari the Punto will pump it in a race.

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Disagree.  We have too many players who turn up, have big personalities but add next to nothing.  Neil son and the coaches can only urinate with the appendage they have but they're being let down badly by the players, particularly the senior ones.

4 year deal for Naismith now looks like a shocking decision.  He'd be first out the door if it were up to me.

57 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Fair point, but how much of that is down to the manager? 

Do you think the billy big times would get away with that shit with Walter Smith, Tommy Wright or the likes. 

Smith had decent alternatives to being in. Our manager has none. It’s a bare bones squad. Once players cross the line it’s up to them how they play. Only thing a manager can do with those that don’t want to give him 100% is leave them out. 

56 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Haring can’t get a game for us. 
GMS is currently behind Boyle I think. 
Irving wouldn’t play ahead of Magennis, Irvine, when fit
Boyce I’ll give you and Smith and Kingsley and Gordon

Punt - Zlamal, Brandon, Berra, Popescu, Hamilton, Halkett, White, Damour, Halliday, Cochrane, Moore, Frear, Roberts, Walker, Naismith, Henderson and Wighton

Absolutely no need to keep any of them. 

57 minutes ago, Cynic said:

Unfortunately i think Haring is finished at least as a 90 minute player

He will probably need to play 90 at centre back on Tuesday. 

Walker- legs gone after knee injury

Naismith- legs gone after knee injury

Haring- legs gone after long injury

Halliday- plays like he has serious knee injuries

Irving- pass marks

That's our engine room. We are over run by any team with a bit of pace and energy. I doubt the top 4 would get regular game time at any premier team and probably half the championship. The defence is shite but will get no support from any of the above.

Neil Dongcaster
31 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Disagree.  We have too many players who turn up, have big personalities but add next to nothing.  Neil son and the coaches can only urinate with the appendage they have but they're being let down badly by the players, particularly the senior ones.

4 year deal for Naismith now looks like a shocking decision.  He'd be first out the door if it were up to me.

It’s far too many players over far too long a period for it to be the players IMO.

Leveins Battalion

This squad is exactly the same as the one JJ inherited,full of old pro’s and journeymen.

We need to get this club moving with some young blood.

2 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Today proves how many players we actually need to have a team capable of even getting top 6 next season. It’s staggering how many players in this squad need emptied as soon as possible as they are nowhere near the standard required. 

Popescu, Berra , Brandon, White, Halliday, Haring,Walker, Wighton, Frear,Roberts, Henderson, Zlamal. 
All nowhere near good enough. 
Feel free to add to the list!! 

Irving needs to find another yard of pace.....Great feet, but far too slow to boss the midfield. 

2 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Today proves how many players we actually need to have a team capable of even getting top 6 next season. It’s staggering how many players in this squad need emptied as soon as possible as they are nowhere near the standard required. 

Popescu, Berra , Brandon, White, Halliday, Haring,Walker, Wighton, Frear,Roberts, Henderson, Zlamal. 
All nowhere near good enough. 
Feel free to add to the list!! 

Need a manager first. The players have showed they are better than that.