Half a team needed

Billy Hoyle

Just now, Gambo said:

Need a manager first. The players have showed they are better than that.

True. He has to start shouldering some of the blame. 
What do Forrest and McCulloch actually do!!! Not very much that I can see. McCulloch was a winner as a player but just stands motionless on the sidelines!! 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Neil Dongcaster

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn

New owner needed

Then a new head coach

Then cull half of the scum in our squad.

It starts at the top people and always has. Until we draw the poison that is Shan Budge, we are going nowhere.

We need 2 x quality CB'S (at least 1 in this window imo)

Need 2 x quality CM's (again need at least 1 this window)

Need 2 x quality Striker's (1 needed this window too)

Need 1 x quality winger (next window)

That's 7 first team players i think we need (so yes over half a team) over january and the summer (3 in this window if possible!)

Get rid of/release

Zlamal,Popescu,Berra,Brandon,White,Damour,Frear,Roberts,Henderson,Moore,Cochrane,Wighton.

Would also like to see mcgill and c.smith get more of a chance this/next season, infact why cant mcgill get a start ahead of andy halliday who is poor/dissinterested most weeks? I wonder if haring will ever be fully fit again? We miss a fit haring so much.

Edited by gregzy2k7

I think the club are still carrying too many of the players who have gotten us into the position.

Total understand can’t just offload the entire squad but there just doesn’t seem to have been enough effort to remove the underachievers.

I would keep Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Irvine, Gino, Boyce, GMS & a fit Haring.

Rest are a combination of not good enough, (zamal, doyle, Halkett, Damour, Halliday, Frear, Roberts etc)

Past there best. (Berra, Walker, Naismith)

Really hope we can do enough to win the promotion to allow the new DOF to  make the required changes.

1 hour ago, Mundaydog said:

I think the club are still carrying too many of the players who have gotten us into the position.

Total understand can’t just offload the entire squad but there just doesn’t seem to have been enough effort to remove the underachievers.

I would keep Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Irvine, Gino, Boyce, GMS & a fit Haring.

Rest are a combination of not good enough, (zamal, doyle, Halkett, Damour, Halliday, Frear, Roberts etc)

Past there best. (Berra, Walker, Naismith)

Really hope we can do enough to win the promotion to allow the new DOF to  make the required changes.

Find it hard to disagree with most of this. Good managers always talk about the spine of the team being important and, to be brutally honest, our team is spineless. We urgently require two centre backs and a central midfielder who can protect Irving. The striker we are after can wait until the end of the season for me because a lack of goals won't be what stops us winning this league, it'll be losing too many at the other end

Central Belt 1874
2 hours ago, Musemic said:

Find it hard to disagree with most of this. Good managers always talk about the spine of the team being important and, to be brutally honest, our team is spineless. We urgently require two centre backs and a central midfielder who can protect Irving. The striker we are after can wait until the end of the season for me because a lack of goals won't be what stops us winning this league, it'll be losing too many at the other end

I agree fully with both yourself and Mundaydog. I thought we wouldnt be having this conversation until near the end of the season looking towards getting ready for next. 

For me what is becoming apparent is that Naismith could well be past it now. A team needs built without him in it. 

The legs are gone in players like Naismith, Berra and Walker and guys like Haring, Halliday and Irving have very little either. 

Cant believe there are fans who think a priority is a striker. The issues are deeper and worryingly, costlier than just 1 striker. 

lost in space

We do NOT need half a team.

We have some good players but they are not being allowed to play to their strengths.

I liked Stendel but he was too rigid in how he wanted to play the game. He should have compromised until he could sign the players who suited his system.

The system Neilson wants (Levein also) is based on perfection where players keep the ball and never make mistakes and we score a goal or two per game which would be enough to win.

Neilson should manager Barca or PSG but not us.

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Punt - Zlamal, Brandon, Berra, Popescu, Hamilton, Halkett, White, Damour, Halliday, Cochrane, Moore, Frear, Roberts, Walker, Naismith, Henderson and Wighton

Absolutely no need to keep any of them. 

can't disagree with any of that, Seriously starting to lose patience in Naismith, He should be fecking cruising this league, Maybe he is finished.

15 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

It’s not both. Our squad is well above the average in the top league. 

Yet we are getting beat from alloa, raith and Dunfermline comfortably 

A_A wehatethehibs
13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Punt - Zlamal, Brandon, Berra, Popescu, Hamilton, Halkett, White, Damour, Halliday, Cochrane, Moore, Frear, Roberts, Walker, Naismith, Henderson and Wighton

Absolutely no need to keep any of them. 

Yep. This is the type of action that’s needed really. There’s something toxic in the squad and it needs to be a full demolition job.

But in the mean time... patching them together to win this championship is a head scratcher. CM and CB the urgent priority to change things. 

Leveins Battalion

We need a manager to be brave,if Robbie doesn't wise up this is going to turn sour.

There are so many similarities to the squad JJ 1st came into.

A lot of players coming to the end of their playing days,Gordon,Berra,Nasmith.Even Smith,Boyce and GMS are in their 30's now.There is no time for sentiment in football.Now nobody could dispute that guys like Levein and Gary Mackay were great servants to HMFC,but without shifting them out the likes of Ritchie and Cameron do not become the players they do.

We need both Neilson and Savage to toughen up here,a major cull of the dross to free up funds and begin signing younger,hungrier players.

I'm sure we would all get behind a 21 year old winger rather than have to suffer Ellior Frear?

Watching Berra is painfull,now he has had a decent career but he is done.

Let's get this club moving. 

pettigrewsstylist
6 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

can't disagree with any of that, Seriously starting to lose patience in Naismith, He should be fecking cruising this league, Maybe he is finished.

Its concerning, agreed. We shouldnt need his likes to beat non match fit Raith at home tho.

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Honestly you read some pish eh. 

If we’ve got all these top 6 level players why aren’t the bids flying in from all the top 6 clubs while they’re flying high above us. Surely they’d be interested in raiding Hearts for players when we’re down. 

Nobody has come in to try and swoop for all these players from us. Walker Naismith Halkett Berra Damour Halliday etc all for sale, £20 each, buy one get one free. Any takers? No. 

The clowns are trying to say we’ve got a good squad and it’s all the managers fault - it’s laughable. We’ve got 15 players who need cleared out and replaced. The only thing this season Neilson has done is, he’s thought these experienced guys would have enough to get us promoted, he’s opted for the “patch things together” option I think partly due to covid making it tough to get players in. We can only hope that he doesn’t regret not going for the nuclear option. As long as we get promoted it’s fine, but at that point it is time for the nuclear option. 

Neil Dongcaster
25 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Celtic have been getting beat and dropping points against livi. They still have better players than them.

Real Madrid got beat from a third(?) division club recently. They still have better players than them.

Both clubs will shed the managers soon. We won’t.

Ain’t it great we need another overhaul!!! Total joke.

Every season we find ourselves scrambling about trying to sign 8 or 9 players whom 7 invariably don’t cut the mustard or get crocked.

KirkyJambo1976

Why aren’t we trying to feed in some of the youngster (who surely can’t do any worse than some performances)!!!  If you’re not prepared to try them in the championship, you’re not going to try them in the Premiership!!  Not saying to play them all at once, but give them an opportunity to proof themselves. Thinking Connor Smith, Cammy Logan and Scott McGill (all 18 yo) could be the next Aaron Hickey if given an opportunity!!!!

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Celtic have been getting beat and dropping points against livi. They still have better players than them.

Real Madrid got beat from a third(?) division club recently. They still have better players than them.

Both clubs will shed the managers soon. We won’t.

So why are we getting beat then comfortably may I add? Just down to Neilson is it 

Neil Dongcaster
27 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

So why are we getting beat then comfortably may I add? Just down to Neilson is it 

It’s down to the culture of the club, of which Neilson has had a huge impact.

Why do you think we have been so poor? Do you think we are a good team to watch?

3 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

It’s down to the culture of the club, of which Neilson has had a huge impact.

Why do you think we have been so poor? Do you think we are a good team to watch?

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

That's what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil Dongcaster
10 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

That's what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that’s what you are trying to say then you’ve failed.

24 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

If that’s what you are trying to say then you’ve failed.

I accept your apology it happens 

Neil Dongcaster
5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I accept your apology it happens 

:jjyay:

I see what you did there. Doesn’t deflect away from you suggesting the reason we are shite is because the players aren’t good enough.

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

:jjyay:

I see what you did there. Doesn’t deflect away from you suggesting the reason we are shite is because the players aren’t good enough.

That’s why we are shite though. We have at least a dozen players who numerous posters have mentioned that are simply not good enough to be in the Hearts squad. 

22 hours ago, Musemic said:

Totally agree with you. Smith and Kingsley could play great every game ( both poor to an extent yesterday) but when the two in the middle beside them don’t help Gordon command the box, even the best keeper in the world can’t keep out every ball

22 hours ago, Ribble said:

My gripe with him isn’t so much that his legs have gone, that happens to most players by the age of 34 even without the injuries that naismiths had, but for someone that’s played at the level he has I’d have hoped that he would have adapted his game to compensate, he hasn’t and still tries to chase everything that moves despite not having the pace to actually close down or put pressure on anyone.

Take someone like Harry Kane, got injured and lost half a yard of pace at most yet he quickly realised that it was that half yard that allowed him to play on the shoulder of defenders so he quickly adapted his game rather than hoping he could still do what he used to be able to. I get the impression that Naismith still thinks he can be the same player he was 4/5 years ago.

Great post great players adapt

On 24/01/2021 at 03:25, kimosavi said:

Andy Halliday is an imposter as well done nothing since he arrived and another slow player 

Hard to disagree, I had high hopes he would stroll it for us in this league as well

Ha ha ha!

I'm struggling for the phrase... What is it again? "Well, duh!"

Yup, that's the one...

Of course we need half a team if we want to be top 6 next season! That is, assuming the OP means in the league above... 🤔

One step at a time. What happened last season was an absolute clusterf*ck in every possible way, there's no doubt about it. But it takes time to build a team. Binning the lot of them and starting again won't help.

We do need to strengthen, that's for sure. It would also help if our defenders could start doing the simple things right. Sensing danger, snuffing out attacks. Proper positioning. Marking. The list goes on...

On 23/01/2021 at 19:50, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

New owner needed

Then a new head coach

Then cull half of the scum in our squad.

It starts at the top people and always has. Until we draw the poison that is Shan Budge, we are going nowhere.

yawn..

3 hours ago, Mundaydog said:

Totally agree with you. Smith and Kingsley could play great every game ( both poor to an extent yesterday) but when the two in the middle beside them don’t help Gordon command the box, even the best keeper in the world can’t keep out every ball

Should have signed Macdonald.

On 23/01/2021 at 17:34, HillmanHearts said:

We may be a reactionary bunch of dicks sometimes, but FFS that defence has been dog shit all season. That's not all down to perosnnel. That's also about tactics and coaching. We have numerous corners create feck all. Opposition has one or two and score. But poor Berra is knackered and Halkett runs like he's shat himself. We have two top class full backs and a world class goalie. A decent hard ******* leader of a centre half is required.

A Steven Pressley type of player imo.