Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kila said:

This is the route Levein took us down with the squad needing rebuilt constantly. It didn't work other than line agents' pockets...

There is plenty strength in the current squad, it's just the style isn't paying dividends. I don't think it'll matter how many squad rebuilds Neilson could get as ultimately he's got too many similar traits to Levein.

The style is paying dividends, we're top of the league tho.... 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

28 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not hearing any speculation on CBs :( Could be the mistake that nails him

Could be some news on defensive front tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Form is temporary 🤷‍♂️

And for Hearts that 15-20 mins of league form against the really pish sides has been enough to put them to bed. But against the better league sides... I feel I'm repeating myself here.

Also top of the league by a max of 3 pts should Raith win their games in hand. Let's not get a false impression we're romping the league at the moment.

Edited by kila

26 minutes ago, kila said:

He'd play Berra even if he ended up with no legs. Right now he's barely got one leg and he's getting a game including back to being captain when Naismith isn't on the park.

Night and day difference to Stendel's treatment of Berra. Can tell which sees the player as a friend, Hearts cup winning teammate etc, and which saw him as the centre back no longer able to play at that level and was a weakness in the team.

Stendel punted him on loan to Dundee last season where he was their best player second half of season. Played virtually every game. What league were Dundee in last season? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Stendel punted him on loan to Dundee last season where he was their best player second half of season. Played virtually every game. What league were Dundee in last season? 

Not in the Premiership?

This season though, Berra looks out of place even in the Championship.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, kila said:

Form is temporary 🤷‍♂️

And for Hearts that 15-20 mins of league form against the really pish sides has been enough to put them to bed. But against the better league sides... I feel I'm repeating myself here.

Also top of the league by a max of 3 pts should Raith win their games in hand. Let's not get a false impression we're romping the league at the moment.

Yeah you are, as will I. 

We're top. 

Form? 

In regards to "big games" Beat Dundee, beat of Dundee, Raith Dunfermline.  We have to play them several more times. 

We also drew with celtic and beat hibs over 120 minutes. 

Doing the job with room for improvement for me. 

Sacking material for the usual mob. 

Each to their own. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Piss poor game management. 

Like the infamous Scottish Cup tie against Hibs. Woeful 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sacking material for the usual mob. 

Each to their own. 

No point sacking him now so I'm not advocating it. He has to get us promoted and hopefully he'll have that wrapped up sooner rather than later. But it'll probably later...

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a shambles tho, a team top cannot be a shambles. 

Just usual suspects trying to be a drama. 

Your only as good as your last game and that was a shambles 

4 minutes ago, jambocub said:

And that was the third of three shambolic defeats against the better of the teams in the Championship  never mind the cup debacle at Alloa. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

How can a team that is  top be a shambles? 

Because we’re up against pub teams. Hope this helps

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

WTF you on about? 

For the visionarys I'll bring you the folk that wanted Robbie gone first time and celebrated cathro and those who wanted CL gone and shouted things couldn't get worse! 

👏👏

So you’re saying things are worse now than under CL?

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's all relative, we're top of the division we are in, Robbie can't get higher than he is.... 

In regards to Robbie Not a shambles. It can't be. 

How far we going back? 

We can't go back in time, Robbie has only been charge this season, being top of the division means this current team isn't a shambles, its Litterally the best team in the league so far. 

Just go back as far as the Alloa cup game and maybe the signings of frear Robert’s Halliday  and popescu 

also the fact he said wighton would play a big part this season 

being happy to play Berra and halkett every week. 
it’s only not a shambles if you don’t realise the size of the club !!!!! 

58 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

What do you call conceding 14 goals in 6 games and losing 3 games out of 4 to our nearest challengers. I call it a state of total disorder

It is a shambles. 

Our performances against Raith, Dunfermline, Dundee and Alloa have been pathetic. 

We should be romping this league with the players and budget we have. 

That squad of players looked totally unmotivated to me yesterday, not for the first time I may add this season. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Just go back as far as the Alloa cup game and maybe the signings of frear Robert’s Halliday  and popescu 

also the fact he said wighton would play a big part this season 

being happy to play Berra and halkett every week. 
it’s only not a shambles if you don’t realise the size of the club !!!!! 

So your going on a game by game basis, not the league. 

Fair enough. 

If getting beat by a team you don't think should beat us then we've been a shambles all my lifetime. 

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Get where you are coming from. It seems to me as though mistakes haven't learned from, which is surprising as many lessons have been taught to us over the last 5 years.

Glad that you have faith and, if results go our way over the next week, then Neilson and the players might get a bit of latitude from us...However, finding our selves on the receiving end of three consecutive pumpings might not go down very well on here or indeed the wider support.

You would have to say that Neilson's position, should the worst happen, be untenable. I'm saying that because (sadly, it seems) players can't be sacked for gross incompetence. 

My question is where would you draw the line? I'm asking because obviously I've already made up my mind and that line has already been crossed.

Cathro, Levein and Stendel have changed my perspective. Levein and Cathro were given far too long and Stendel not long enough. This kind of decision comes from the top.

So now Neilson again for a second time and already the signs are there, performances riddled with lack of commitment, motivation and passion - the complete opposite of what we see in our closest rivals in this league. How long do we wait?

Edited by Deid Heid

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It doesn't at all. 

So no matter what we're a shambles all this season then? 

Robbie literally can't have us higher than 1st.

If you think we're a shambles no matter what this season you'd be better just coming back next season. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Deid Heid said:

Get where you are coming from. It seems to me as though mistakes haven't learned from, which is surprising as many lessons have been taught to us over the last 5 years.

Glad that you have faith and, if results go our way over the next week, then Neilson and the players might get a bit of latitude from us...However, finding our selves on the receiving end of three consecutive pumpings might not go down very well on here or indeed the wider support.

You would have to say that Neilson's position, should the worst happen, be untenable. I'm saying that because (sadly, it seems) players can't be sacked for gross incompetence. 

My question is where would you draw the line? I'm asking because obviously I've already made up my mind and that line has already been crossed.

Cathro, Levein and Stendel have changed my perspective. Levein and Cathro were given far too long and Stendel not long enough. This kind of decision comes from the top.

So now Neilson again for a second time and already the signs are there, performances riddled with lack of commitment, motivation and passion - the complete opposite of what we see in our closest rivals in this league. How long do we wait?

Robbie has had little to do with the last 3/4 seasons, he can only win this league and get us promoted. 

So far job done, with room for improvement. 

I completely disagree regarding Robbie last time, we were a decent and improving team under him. If he'd stayed we'd have been in about the top 4 every season imo. His, league positions with us  support that.

We definitely wouldn't have been demoted if he'd stayed. 

3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It is a shambles. 

Our performances against Raith, Dunfermline, Dundee and Alloa have been pathetic. 

We should be romping this league with the players and budget we have. 

That squad of players looked totally unmotivated to me yesterday, not for the first time I may add this season. 

Hang on though! It’s not just this season. Players look like they lacked motivation through large parts of Levein and Mcphees management and much of Stendel’s as well. We all agree the side was in a horrendous state for years. We got demoted because we were bottom and deservedly bottom when the league was halted. 

So suddenly we are in the championship and should be skelping sides because we have a bigger budget. When were we scudding st mirren, Livingston and Hamilton? All of whom we had a vastly bigger budget than. 

We have been pish for years. That’s not going to be sorted in one restrictive window and the state we are in isn’t down to RN either. Give the guy a chance. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It doesn't at all. 

So no matter what we're a shambles all this season then? 

Robbie literally can't have us higher than 1st.

If you think we're a shambles no matter what this season you'd be better just coming back next season. 

I know this is hard for you but look at the games rather than the results. Introduce yourself to tactics and game management. Try to learn something about individual performances.

We’re winning the league but we’re not a good side. I’d say that you already know this but I can’t tell if you’re an organised mouthpiece or just dense.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, jambocub said:

No your not. 

Your as good your league position, Litterally that is what it determines and why we have leagues. Litterally. 

A 3-2 defeat isn't a shambles either, it's shite but not a shambles. 

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie was the last manager to have us in about the top of the top flight. 

He has us top now of the championship. 

He taken the gig as he's spent over a decade with us as player or manager and Utd are a basket case. 

Away and lie doon and stop the emotional drivel spouting from whatever orifice you have decided to use this time. 

What are you on. Emotional drivel. The only person who spouts utter inane pish on this forum is you.

You deliberately go out of your way to wind everyone up.

Whoop de do. Robbie has us top of the league. With the budget and players in comparison to everyone else we should be. That’s not an achievement, it’s bare minimum.

He took us to Europe in his last tenure to get beat by a bunch of Maltese fishermen or did you selectively forget that embarrassment.

My issue was in the latter part of last time here and this time the football is slow and pedestrian. We rarely start on the front foot. 15 passes from side to side only allows the opposition to get their players in shape behind the ball. We are lethargic and teams who play with tempo are destroying us. We could and should have been 5 down before we got into the game yesterday. If you’re happy with Robbie getting his ar$e handed to him by managerial royalty such as McPake, Crawford, McGlynn and Grant, fine. I expect more from my team. I expect them to play with effort. I expect them to go out from minute one and harass the opposition.

What we have is slow pedestrian football with players who look unfit. They remind me of how fit they were under Levein.

The problem with this club is too many people like you are happy to accept the sh1t that we have been getting served up for the last 4 years and it’s why we are where we are. 

Levein and Neilson - Against Modern Football

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, merseyjambo said:

What are you on. Emotional drivel. The only person who spouts utter inane pish on this forum is you.

Whoop de do. Robbie has us top of the league. With the budget and players in comparison to everyone else we should be. That’s not an achievement, it’s bare minimum.

He took us to Europe in his last tenure to get beat by a bunch of Maltese fishermen or did you selectively forget that embarrassment.

My issue was in the latter part of last time here and this time the football is slow and pedestrian. We rarely start on the front foot. 15 passes from side to side only allows the opposition to get their players in shape behind the ball. We are lethargic and teams who play with tempo are destroying us. We could and should have been 5 down before we got into the game yesterday. If you’re happy with Robbie getting his ar$e handed to him by managerial royalty such as McPake, Crawford, McGlynn and Grant, fine. I expect more from my team. I expect them to play with effort. I expect them to go out from minute one and harass the opposition.

What we have is slow pedestrian football with players who look unfit. They remind me of how fit they were under Levein.

The problem with this club is too many people like you are happy to accept the sh1t that we have been getting served up for the last 4 years and it’s why we are where we are. 

Neilson said himself a couple of weeks back that he wants to go 4-4-2.

A dinosaur who would be nowhere near a progressive club.

Just now, merseyjambo said:

I would have responded to the orifice comment but I’d certainly get warned, so the only thing I can say is get back to your friends on sisterfister.net and reminisce over the Scottish Cup win you wanted

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I know this is hard for you but look at the games rather than the results. Introduce yourself to tactics and game management. Try to learn something about individual performances.

We’re winning the league but we’re not a good side. I’d say that you already know this but I can’t tell if you’re an organised mouthpiece or just dense.

We're good enough to be top of the league. 

If You can't grasp the concept of that then I suggest you are the one that is dense. 

We are Litterally in the best position we can be. 

If you think we'll win every game then I think you need to be one that introduces yourself to tactics, management and just football in general. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Utter pish. 

Absolute slaver grenades all over the place. 

Robbie simply has to take at least 4 points from the next two games imo or the pressure will really start to mount, The cold hard fact is we should be way more comfortable than we are at present, For me it is worrying that the players only playing well when they can be arsed, That's the managers job to sort out and if he can't he needs to take those players out the starting 11 and play the youngsters.

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Any more details?

No, only that defensive options might be a lot clearer in next day or two. One week until window closes so a number headed out and some coming in though suspension of lower leagues making it harder to get some of them out. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

No, only that defensive options might be a lot clearer in next day or two. One week until window closes so a number headed out and some coming in though suspension of lower leagues making it harder to get some of them out. 

Thanks 👍

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Well put. 

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Only two pub teams in our league. 7 of our competition consist of full time footballers. Bit rich of you to call them pub teams. Kind of negates any points you make. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a shambles tho, a team top cannot be a shambles. 

Just usual suspects trying to be a drama. 

A team that is top can most certainly be a shambles. We are proving that.

Our signing policy continues to be shambolic. We’ve signed players that aren’t good enough, and as a result we are having to sign other players as replacements. In addition, we have failed to sign players for positions that clearly need strengthening. 

Our defending is shambolic, partly because of our shambolic signing policy. We have current and former International players in our defence who are an utter shambles and leak goals left, right and centre.

Our “playing style” is shambolic. In fact there is no playing style. Our shambolic signing policy meant we signed two wingers (Frear and Roberts) who aren’t good enough. Rather than admit it Neilson continues to play them, despite the fact that we rarely play with any width, mainly because said two players aren’t good enough.

Our tactics and game management is shambolic. We appear to assume that because we have - comfortably - the best squad in the league we simply have to turn up. Neilson talking up how “difficult” each game will be and how “difficult” our opponents will be is frankly embarrassing. It is merely deflection for when it goes Pete Tong, like it has four times this season already.

It cannot be argued that we have by far the best squad in the league. Given that our performance, even when we have won some games, have been rotten at best, and some have indeed been a shambles, albeit a winning shambles.

Because every team in this league has a worse squad than us, and in their own ways are just as shambolic doesn’t mean that we aren’t a shambles. We are, but you always seem to be one of the last ones to see it as evidenced by your defence of Levein.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Robbie has had little to do with the last 3/4 seasons, he can only win this league and get us promoted. 

I completely disagree regarding Robbie last time, we were a decent and improving team under him. If he'd stayed we'd have been in about the top 4 every season imo. His, league positions with us  support that.

Strange how views differ so completely, such polarization.

I wasn't part of the Robbie oot crew first time around, but wasn't disappointed when he left.

Stuck by Cathro and Levein until they proved that they were not capable

Never really had a chance to asses Stendel

Was disappointed with Neilson's appointment for a second time

So should we wait and potentially have another year of this (which the SPFL may have already decided) or pay attention to the warning signs, which have previously been ignored to our massive detriment.

I suspect people are getting jumpy, I'm sure I'm not super-imposing my feelings on to our support. You may think it's reactionary but that, I think, is how I and others are thinking. Stop the rot early as we have been penalised before for our misplaced faith..

Our team is not doing as well as it should and we need to see an improvement. RN is lucky fans are not at games... otherwise he would be feeling the pressure.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Utter pish. 

Absolute slaver grenades all over the place. 

You really are an obnoxious man.

So it’s pish we Robbie got humped by a bunch of fishermen. So it’s pish that he’s not been schooled by McGlynn et all this season. So it’s pish that our football has been for the most part pedestrian this year. So it’s pish that we look unfit and lethargic.

Like the rest of your 40000 plus posts, yet another one that is argumentative. You clearly are unable to counter anything with an intelligent argument. I’d go as far as to say the only posts where you weren’t being argumentative was when you wanted Hibs to win the cup. Call yourself a Hearts supporter. I doubt it

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Shambles - "a state of total disorder". 

How can a team top of the league be a shambles? 

We are top because we have been the best team over the 12 games so far, so how can the best team in the league be a shambles? 

Makes no sense. Just absolute shite as per. 

I don’t think we are a shambles.
But when we sacked Burley and when Naismith got injured up at Dundee we were top and a shambles, unfortunately. 

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He didn’t want to stay, he went to the high and mighty MK Dons. 

If he was that good and was going to have us top 4 each year, why take such a backward step to a smaller club.

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Craig Levein's apologist-in-chief.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Our team is not doing as well as it should and we need to see an improvement. RN is lucky fans are not at games... otherwise he would be feeling the pressure.

The players are too, can you imagine the stick guys like Frear and Roberts would get . . . . from me especially 🙈

10 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Robbie simply has to take at least 4 points from the next two games imo or the pressure will really start to mount, The cold hard fact is we should be way more comfortable than we are at present, For me it is worrying that the players only playing well when they can be arsed, That's the managers job to sort out and if he can't he needs to take those players out the starting 11 and play the youngsters.

It worries me that this has been a problem for years. Long before Neilson. Naismith, Berra, Smith, Boyce, Halliday, Halkett, Kingsley all experienced players. Do they really need a manger to get them up for it ? All should be embarrassed about being regularly turned over by championship teams. They are all starting games like they have been on the piss and they dont care or it wouldn't happen time after time. Something stinks in the dressing room and has for a while.

I would be getting rid of Naismith, gets a free ride as club captain and has been an ever present throughout the shit times. He isn't setting the required standard, nowhere near. Its just a hobby for him now and it's rubbing off on the rest.

4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

You really are an obnoxious man.

So it’s pish we Robbie got humped by a bunch of fishermen. So it’s pish that he’s not been schooled by McGlynn et all this season. So it’s pish that our football has been for the most part pedestrian this year. So it’s pish that we look unfit and lethargic.

Like the rest of your 40000 plus posts, yet another one that is argumentative. You clearly are unable to counter anything with an intelligent argument. I’d go as far as to say the only posts where you weren’t being argumentative was when you wanted Hibs to win the cup. Call yourself a Hearts supporter. I doubt it

He's probably the most consistent supporter of the club on this forum, you disagree with him but that doesn't change the fact.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

After your expert analysis and mocking others as we tumbled down the league I find it incredible you don’t have the awareness to see how much shite you talk. 

This.

21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Please be two new centre-halves.

Very telling that the suspension of lower leagues means we can't off-load some of our own surplus (i.e. useless huddies)

It is shambolic and has been for 5 years.  Massive disappointment after the championship season.  Utterly incredible that we're back there.

No idea what the answer is.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

He's probably the most consistent supporter of the club on this forum, you disagree with him but that doesn't change the fact.

We all defend the club when necessary but when you refuse to see that are staring you in the face that’s completely different.

Everyone wants Hearts to do well but when criticism is needed like it has been on a good few occasions this season, you don’t come on and tell everyone they are chatting shit and be obnoxious 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

Strange how views differ so completely, such polarization.

I wasn't part of the Robbie oot crew first time around, but wasn't disappointed when he left.

Stuck by Cathro and Levein until they proved that they were not capable

Never really had a chance to asses Stendel

Was disappointed with Neilson's appointment for a second time

So should we wait and potentially have another year of this (which the SPFL may have already decided) or pay attention to the warning signs, which have previously been ignored to our massive detriment.

I suspect people are getting jumpy, I'm sure I'm not super-imposing my feelings on to our support. You may think it's reactionary but that, I think, is how I and others are thinking. Stop the rot early as we have been penalised before for our misplaced faith..

All fair, but I'm not seeing how Cathro, CL and Stendels failures are a reflection on Robbie. My views on Robbie are based on the league positions and facts, not really a view tbh, just  facts on his last tenure.

There is no magic manager that will come in. Robinson was the flavour last season, Wright before him , Ross early doors this season and now Martindale( incoming soon).  Folk will champion guys like these while ripping Robbie.

I thought at the start we'd win about 20 games, maybe 22 or so and lose 3/4. looks like we might lose about 5 or 6. Who knows?

I also thought hibs would beat us in the sf and that Celtic would maybe pump us, on the flip side I wasn't happy about Alloa in the lc or Raith yesterday. Pretty much an average season for being a Hearts fan, some good surprises and some shite ones.

The important thing is we are top and  end up top, I think we will -comfortably.

On his last tenure, tbh if we can get back to being around the top 6, never mind the top 2 or 3 were Robbie had us  then I'd be happy and think about building from there.

Too many folk have lost all concept of reality on here, they want and demand us to be 3rd and even challenging the OF , but forget we are a team in the championship and have to build accordingly from there, no matter how angry they are or how much of a huff they are in.

Glamorgan Jambo

Folks are jumpy because there is so little margin for error in a shortened season. Am

confident Neilson will get us back up as champions and then establish us comfortably in the top 6. From then on it’s up to him if he can progress us. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

After your expert analysis and mocking others as we tumbled down the league I find it incredible you don’t have the awareness to see how much shite you talk. 

He backed Hibs for the cup. The end.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )