• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

I was all for giving Robbie until next season. After the last 5 games I’m now on the fence. 

If he plays Andy ****ing Halliday next weekend I want him gone.  Never to return. 

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

This thread has been running 4 months 🤣🤣

he is going nowhere,our rivals and Hibs fans will be loving it.

126 pages and counting!

TBF if the same p$sh was happening down Leith way we would be revelling init.

How long before Budge gets the message that her love child is not flavour of the Month?

Maybe when season tickets are selling at a trickle?  

Here’s where I’m at; On one hand despite the performances clearly not being good enough, we are still top and looking like getting promoted, so to call for a sacking when the manager is achieving his remit seems counter productive.

However, on the other hand I have little to no faith of him leading the team once we do get promoted. Yes he has taken us to 3rd before and left last time with us in 2nd, but either he’s lost his mojo or managers have figured out his limited tactics.

At the moment these two things can be mutually exclusive. I have little to no faith it can remain that way for much longer.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

fabienleclerq

Unfortunately I can't see him not lasting long. 

Neilson aside our CM and CH are just way below what is required. 

Just now, NB GIN said:

No midfielders it’s static in there 

Neilson is lost has No idea I cannot see him lasting long 

Have to disagree a bit.  We have plenty movement in midfield - it's the terrible decision-making and passing accuracy that's resulting in very few scoring chances.   

Your guess is as good as mine as to why RN doesn't seem overly concerned about this.  Surely he must see how ineffective we've become as an attacking force  compared to the first month or 2 of the season ?

15 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I was all for giving Robbie until next season. After the last 5 games I’m now on the fence. 

If he plays Andy ****ing Halliday next weekend I want him gone.  Never to return. 

This this and more this!!!

14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was against this first time round . All for it now!

This is where I am at now tried to see it from a positive point of view but how can you defend starting game then changing the shape during the game because it’s not working only to do the same the next game he’s not learning from it 

Roberts is getting good reviews from Motherwell fans and players begs the question is all these players that bad or is it the system and the management that are the problem 

Think MK Dons has had an adverse effect on him.There was a bit of a swagger about Robbie last time at Hearts now I think he lacks a bit of belief and looks very much a run of the mill championship manager.He also had a young exciting squad last time though instead of this pile of shite.

2 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

This is where I am at now tried to see it from a positive point of view but how can you defend starting game then changing the shape during the game because it’s not working only to do the same the next game he’s not learning from it 

Roberts is getting good reviews from Motherwell fans and players begs the question is all these players that bad or is it the system and the management that are the problem 

It’s ridiculous! 

And it happens all the time us as fan are maybe to quick to write a player off, they seem to leave us and start playing well . I used to think it was maybe pressure playing for Hearts maybe so when the crowds were in tynecastle but at this current time I don’t see any pressure without full stadiums so am leaning more towards management and formation selection now. 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It’s ridiculous! 

And it happens all the time us as fan are maybe to quick to write a player off, they seem to leave us and start playing well . I used to think it was maybe pressure playing for Hearts maybe so when the crowds were in tynecastle but at this current time I don’t see any pressure without full stadiums so am leaning more towards management and formation selection now. 

Do you not think it's the sh$t system they are being asked to play?

FFS.....One of our most influential players (Haring) has never once been off the bench in the last 4 games.....Neilson's football ethos sucks the life out of decent players. I swear, you could sign any player with a bit pedigree, Neilson would turn them into donkeys. 

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It’s ridiculous! 

Am done trying to defend it all now

it’s not good enough budge was roofless with Stendel but when it comes to Neilson I can see this turning in to another levein saga 

1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Do you not think it's the sh$t system they are being asked to play?

FFS.....One of our most influential players (Haring) has never once been off the bench in the last 4 games.....Neilson's football ethos sucks the life out of decent players. I swear, you could sign any player with a bit pedigree, Neilson would turn them into donkeys. 

Yeah I said at the bottom I sway more towards formation selection. The 4231 it’s pathetic and wasted. I was under the impression you play the 3 behind the forward the wingers will be hitting the wings and crossing into the forward seen none of it. Haring should be playing I agree 100% mate it’s just pisses you off before the weekend even begins 😂.

On 21/02/2021 at 00:10, Hearts1975 said:

Don’t doubt we will win this league but I guess, and so far, if we think about Alloa, raith, Dunfermline, QOS and Morton and by the end of the season, (no doubt there will be other adverse results) it won’t be the “Skoosh” that some made it out to be 

I said I would back RN, and I will, but that’s more to do with what I said on the first post to you, in that I just don’t see any alternative. There is a difference in backing someone than actually believing something good will come out it. Since AB came in, we have had RN, then CL, then DS, and now back to Robbie again. 

it just all feels a bit like jobs for the boys as far as I’m concerned. As said, I will back Robbie but just don’t see any alternative in terms of him leaving anytime soon, and that’s the reason for the backing.   

we are  now grinding out results against so called Pub teams. It is what it is I suppose, but unless AB can open or widen the door for better candidates, and give them the same faith and backing as those she does know, then I just don’t see any success on the horizon currently. 

Could be wrong and I pray to god that I am. We have some good players ie GMS, Kingsley, Walker, Boyce, Ginnelly - is RN actually getting the best out of them or the one who will maximise their potential - guess that’s down to everyone’s own opinion  

We're clearly not getting the best out of the players, but that's been happening for seasons now. Is it the managers, or are the managers being shackled in some way? I'm having doubts if it's the managers or the club sett

Just now, gavvy said:

We're clearly not getting the best out of the players, but that's been happening for seasons now. Is it the managers, or are the managers being shackled in some way? I'm having doubts if it's the managers or the club sett

Setting rules that stops the players from being the bastarts they need to be to win trophies 

8 minutes ago, gavvy said:

You don’t have any choice as far as I’m concerned. I think it’s the whole set up in all honesty. 

Not criticising AB’s business running of the business side of the club. Not in the slightest. Folk will mention the stand and also the money wasted on players but that was managers, not her. She has also just attracted outside investment by just being in position. Positive overall. 

However, her performance as a CEO and on the footballing side has been nothing short of shocking - a complete and utter disaster .even more so, considering the potential we have 

My gut feel is that until she goes, get used to what is happening now, as it won’t change anytime soon. 

She won’t go out and make a manager appointment (left field) ever again. She only works within her inner circle - Stendel was the exception, but trust me, she won’t do something like that again.

It will be the tried and tested from now on - unfortunately 

54 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Does Budge still work at the club full time or has she handed this over to the new CEO?  Just wondering how hands on she is the days. 

never heard a peep for a while. Soon will though as ST’s will be on sale in a month or so

26 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Tonight he has been matched by a TV pundit who has stepped in to help out. He played 3 of our rejects. 

He was matched last week by a Sports Scientist guy.

I really really want him to leave....and the players look like they are feeling the same way tbh.

9 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

You don’t have any choice as far as I’m concerned. I think it’s the whole set up in all honesty. 

Not criticising AB’s business running of the business side of the club. Not in the slightest. Folk will mention the stand and also the money wasted on players but that was managers, not her. She has also just attracted outside investment by just being in position. Positive overall. 

However, her performance as a CEO and on the footballing side has been nothing short of shocking - a complete and utter disaster .even more so, considering the potential we have 

My gut feel is that until she goes, get used to what is happening now, as it won’t change anytime soon. 

She won’t go out and make a manager appointment (left field) ever again. She only works within her inner circle - Stendel was the exception, but trust me, she won’t do something like that again.

It will be the tried and tested from now on - unfortunately 

I hope that Savage will have more of an input in the footballing respect in the future. He's only just arrived and needs time to make a difference. Business is sound, footballing wise there's a lot to sort out. 

Would be a massive risk to sack him mid season imo but the way things are going I wouldn’t be 100% sure on him being in charge for the first game of the season next year (granted we go up)

1 minute ago, gavvy said:

I hope that Savage will have more of an input in the footballing respect in the future. He's only just arrived and needs time to make a difference. Business is sound, footballing wise there's a lot to sort out. 

Savage helps bring in players. But how often have we brought in players with a good pedigree but not to perform to the standards expected. That would be my main concern given your point made. 

This loser mentality within the club will not leave until Ann Budge goes. This summer is the perfect opportunity for wide-scale changes:

Budge out 

Board out 

Neilson out 

John Murray out 

and 90% of those loser players

FOH takeover (jury out on the current 2 people essentially running it)

A new manger with a philosophy that matches the long term ambitions of the club 

Assemble a squad with more hungry players, majority aged 22-25. Then some younger and some older to complement that. 

I’m so ****ing sick of us making an arse off it man. When will the penny drop at the hierarchy of the club. Embarrassing. FWIW, can’t see Neilson coming back from this. His appointment split the support, and I’d guesstimate that he’s lost majority of the support, no surviving that. 

59 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

FAO the idiots who want him to stay. Here’s how it will play out. 

We’ll get promoted and be shite and in danger of relegation and he’ll get sacked;

Or, we won’t get promoted and he’ll get sacked. 

The die is cast. He’s a busted flush. 

What if....and I’m playing devil’s advocate here....we go up and still play pish (drawing and winning), and frustratingly be in 4th place in the top league?

then what?

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

This loser mentality within the club will not leave until Ann Budge goes. This summer is the perfect opportunity for wide-scale changes:

Budge out 

Board out 

Neilson out 

John Murray out 

and 90% of those loser players

FOH takeover (jury out on the current 2 people essentially running it)

A new manger with a philosophy that matches the long term ambitions of the club 

Assemble a squad with more hungry players, majority aged 22-25. Then some younger and some older to complement that. 

I’m so ****ing sick of us making an arse off it man. When will the penny drop at the hierarchy of the club. Embarrassing. FWIW, can’t see Neilson coming back from this. His appointment split the support, and I’d guesstimate that he’s lost majority of the support, no surviving that. 

I’d be genuinely interested to see what transpires when budge goes.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, theshed said:

He’s not going anywhere I’m afraid especially with us not at games to make our feelings clear 

I got the impression from the pundits conversation, on the coverage, tonight, that the feelings of many Hearts fans about our performances this season are out in the public domain.

I agree, though, that if we were inside grounds the message would be far more cutting.

We’ve been watching poor team performances for far too long now. 

Does he inspire our players? Answer is no, we sleepwalk into every match, he sniffed an easy job with us and is making a total pigs ear of it. Would love for it to have worked out but I'm sick of all these ex connections, if Stendel was supported on his first day the same way Robbie has been from Budge we wouldn't even be in this mess.

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

FAO the idiots who want him to stay. Here’s how it will play out. 

We’ll get promoted and be shite and in danger of relegation and he’ll get sacked;

Or, we won’t get promoted and he’ll get sacked. 

The die is cast. He’s a busted flush. 

Bang on. At the very latest he will be gone by October/November.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

This thread has been running 4 months 🤣🤣

he is going nowhere,our rivals and Hibs fans will be loving it.

For those that voted keep him till next season,when will you learn,same old story Cl.

3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Does he inspire our players? Answer is no, we sleepwalk into every match, he sniffed an easy job with us and is making a total pigs ear of it. Would love for it to have worked out but I'm sick of all these ex connections, if Stendel was supported on his first day the same way Robbie has been from Budge we wouldn't even be in this mess.

He was given a great platform to progress this season.

Piss poor league.

Backing the opposition could only dream about.

Squad the opposition could only dream about.

Facilities the opposition could only dream about.

Started training 6weeks in advance of opposition.

Had the injustice of the summer goings on to build on. Etc etc

And here we are, 100+ pages and after consecutive draws against the mighty QotS, Morton & ICT.

We are sleepwalking as a club. This has been going on for years now. Will be happy when Ann Budge, Neilson and a number of players have left the club. This is not a reactionary post. 

SomethingAboutObua
2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Genuine question, who would want to pay for a season ticket to watch that Hearts side?

Should be a genuine worry, the football is so bad and lacking entertainment, this season has felt like a waste of money. So many evenings wasted even with games we've won.

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

What were this week's excuses?

Can't even bring myself to look.

Last one I read was about crowds not being present, and switched off right after that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )