Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Fluorescent Adolescent said:

It’s all relative.

Who plays ‘good’ football in Scotland?

Celtic on form, Rangers at times.

Aberdeen? Hamilton? Kilmarnock? Hibs???

What we serve up is standard and we’re winning more often than not.

Folk (not aimed at you) long for Stendel to return, I assume because they found it exciting? For me we were an utter shambles and what we played was far from ‘good’.

Some need a reality check. This echo chamber doesn’t help matters. The same shite regurgitated by the same few people has others reading it and believing it before long.

Things are nowhere near as bad as us being made out. I’d caveat that by saying of course there is room for improvement.

100% correct. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Playing good football? :what:

You also seem to forget that we're in the Championship, with far bigger and better resources than our rivals.  If we were anywhere near the top of the Premiership you would have a point.

If you only think good football can be played at the top end of the Premiership, I have a news flash for you - it won't happen this season.

It's not Robbies fault we got relegated either. 

We are top by a distance. Job done so far with room for improvement. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you only think good football can be played at the top end of the Premiership, I have a news fash for you - it won't happen this season.

Not what I'm saying I'm good football, nor did I say its Robbie's fault.

Given the budget, resources and playing staff we should be top by a distance. Not needing late penalties to scrape a win at Ayr, a draw at QoS and having to fight back for a point at home against Morton who are an absolute basket case this season.

It doesn't augur well for the future but just you carry on with your blind optimism season after season, based on nothing. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Not what I'm saying I'm good football, nor did I say its Robbie's fault.

Given the budget, resources and playing staff we should be top by a distance. Not needing late penalties to scrape a win at Ayr, a draw at QoS and having to fight back for a point at home against Morton who are an absolute basket case this season.

It doesn't augur well for the future but just you carry on with your blind optimism season after season, based on nothing. 

"we are top by a distance, job done so far with room for improvement" 

How do you get "blind optimism" from that? 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you only think good football can be played at the top end of the Premiership, I have a news flash for you - it won't happen this season.

The very least where we should be. We have just drawn at home with Morton, let that sink in. We were outplayed by QOS, massive need for improvement. As I said yesterday this league is pub standard and with every result it is becoming even more embarrassing. Neilson appears to be attempting to outdo that other clown, Levein in singning absolute dross. This league should have been wrapped up by now yet here we are looking over our shoulders to see which Dog and Duck team are making up ground. An absolute farce. The only saving grace for Neilson is there are no fans in the ground or he would have been gone weeks ago. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Class of 75 said:

The very least where we should be. We have just drawn at home with Morton, let that sink in. We were outplayed by QOS, massive need for improvement. As I said yesterday this league is pub standard and with every result it is becoming even more embarrassing. Neilson appears to be attempting to outdo that other clown, Levein in singning absolute dross. This league should have been wrapped up by now yet here we are looking over our shoulders to see which Dog and Duck team are making up ground. An absolute farce. The only saving grace for Neilson is there are no fans in the ground or he would have been gone weeks ago. 

We weren't outplayed by QoS. 

2 draws is poor but it's a league season, we were always going to lose a few and draw some. 

If that is a surprise to you then I don't know what to tell you. 

It's not pub standard. 

The rest of the post is just a rant about a manager who left his post almost a year and a half ago. 

Robbie is doing his job-comfortably. A few empty vessels wil not dictate if he's fired or not. 

In this league, the majority of teams will set up to sit in against us and try to hit on the break, especially at Tynie. Neilson and his team of coaches must surely be aware of that and you would hope that they would work on systems to counter that set up on the training ground.  If they are, then it's not working. Still far to much passing across the back 4, back to Gordon.  Everyone knows how to play against us  and anyone with pacy forwards are going to catch us out at some point in a game. It happened against QOS and again yesterday. 

RN needs have the tactical nous to workout how to play against a system most teams will play against us ,and he's had plenty opportunity to do it this season without success. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 draws is poor but it's a league season, we were always going to lose a few and draw some. 

It's not pub standard. 

The rest of the post is just a rant about a manager who left his post almost a year and a half ago. 

Robbie is doing his job-comfortably. A few empty vessels wil not dictate if he's fired or not. 

Mate, please don't misunderstand me I am not ranting. I am being level headed but surely you can see that a draw at home to Morton, defeat to to Raith and Dunfermline and a snatched point at QOS following a poor performance at Ayr is not good enough. This league is a poor standard and sorry to say not much better that the dross you see on a Sunday morning. Hearts with their resources even given the current pandemic should have been out of sight by now. I don't think Neilson is doing his job correctly. His transfer dealings have suspect to say the last with the players brought in not good enough. It is not just JKB who can see it, Ryan Stevenson and Allan Preston to name but a few have commented on our poor performances and bad results. Something is not right and major changes have to be made if we want to secure promotion and stay in the SPL. 

McGlynn The Money
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

"we are top by a distance, job done so far with room for improvement" 

How do you get "blind optimism" from that? 

Almost everything you post on here is blind optimism.  It's touching in a way but sadly, sadly misplaced. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Almost everything you post on here is blind optimism.  It's touching in a way but sadly, sadly misplaced. 

We are top. 

Therefor he is doing his job. 

There is also room for improvement. 

Nothing blind or misplaced about that. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not pub standard. 

Blind optimism.....

PS....Did you get a Valentine's card from Robbie this year?....❤️

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Mate, please don't misunderstand me I am not ranting. I am being level headed but surely you can see that a draw at home to Morton, defeat to to Raith and Dunfermline and a snatched point at QOS following a poor performance at Ayr is not good enough. This league is a poor standard and sorry to say not much better that the dross you see on a Sunday morning. Hearts with their resources even given the current pandemic should have been out of sight by now. I don't think Neilson is doing his job correctly. His transfer dealings have suspect to say the last with the players brought in not good enough. It is not just JKB who can see it, Ryan Stevenson and Allan Preston to name but a few have commented on our poor performances and bad results. Something is not right and major changes have to be made if we want to secure promotion and stay in the SPL. 

We need to Improve, but we will secure promotion. 

We made major changes, Savage, Robbie and his team came in. 

We'll need improvement for next season but that will come, as it did last time under Robbie imo. 

If it doesn't he'll be sacked, time will tell tho. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Blind optimism.....

PS....Did you get a Valentine's card from Robbie this year?....❤️

No. 😪

CL sent me one tho! 

McGlynn The Money
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are top. 

A squad full of internationals should be top of that division, a division in which not even every club is full time for goodness sake. Room for improvement is an understatement. 

I'm not just blaming Robbie for the shambolic state we're in. Those on the pitch and in the boardroom must also take a fair share of the blame.

Neil Dongcaster

I don’t personally know any Hearts fan who is happy with our season. Social media platforms reflect that too.

And yet on kickback there’s a number of people who blindly accept what’s being offered. It’s utterly bizarre.

t's been said that a team reflects the manager's personality.  Well we've been treated to insipid performance after insipid performance and it has to change - or the manager has to be changed.

After each game RN shows immense wisdom in identifying the problems but appears deficient in finding the solutions by the time the next game comes along.

My heart sinks every time I see the team sheet and the name Halliday is on it.  Yesterday he was one of the most experienced players in the team and gets himself booked in the first half leaving himself walking a tightrope for the majority of the game.   That apart, he is slower than a week in Saughton and brings little or nothing to the table.

We were short of wingers when RN arrived and he has signed 5 yet we are still short of (decent) wingers.  One of them, Frear, he tried to sign for Dundee Celtic and also had him in for a week's trial before eventually signing him.  He's so unproductive that RN himself doesn't select him!  Another, Roberts, has been sent out on loan.  A third Ginelly is the best of the lot but he is here on loan and unfortunately is injured.  A fourth (GMS) seems to have been signed based on the form he displayed when last in Scotland rather than current form while, being a ittle charitable maybe towards Kastaneer, let's say the jury is out on him.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

It's probably just as well that Tynecastle is now an all seater stadium with a fairly restricted capacity, along with the habit, only really developed greatly since the stadium rebuild started, of fans to buy season tickets.

If Hearts were relying on mainly walk up home fans, the attendances next season would be in severe jeopardy of hitting under 10k again, in my opinion. The loyalty of Hearts fans is being stretched to the limit, given the financial support given since 2012, is not being reflected by positive progress on the field of play. There seems to be a growing feeling that we, the paying fans, are being taken for granted, instead of being listened to.

How many years, now, have most Hearts fans been complaining about the boring football we are asked to shell out a lot of money to watch? We're not thinking that we will be a world beacon of attacking, silky football, but many of us can easily remember the brand of football that Jim Jefferies gave us on a fairly limited budget, and how enjoyable it was to go along to see. We scrambled for tickets to see that team. Unless Robbie Neilson changes his attitude towards the boring, safety first stuff that seems to have been embedded into his physique, there won't be many scrambles for tickets next season, if we manage to limp over the finishing line this season.

If Ann Budge, whom I have great respect for, doesn't do something to initiate a change of the negative attitude that has infected our team for the last few years, her legacy won't be one for her to look back on with any satisfaction. She is the leader. She has to instigate the change.

Good post.

30 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We are top. 

There is more to his job than currently have us top of the league.

We will probably have this league wrapped up with a month to spare but the job will have carried out with very little conviction or style. We have to be thankful there is no runaway contender challenging us.

The recruitment has once again been questionable and his judgement in thinking guys like Popescu and Roberts would be good enough for our first season up has to be looked at. He’s signed 5 wingers in 6 months and not looking like getting a tune out of any of them.

He has persevered with Naismith despite his horrible form.....the decision to make him captain when he doesn’t play all that much on plastic was also a bad one. Half the away games are on Astro ffs. 

We could also ask why once again we have exited the second transfer window of the season with only two strikers.....despite him saying he wants to play with two strikers.

The squad isn’t balanced despite him having more time and more funds than most teams in Scotland to get things close to right.

We’ve struggled on more than one occasion against part-time teams.....we were beaten by Raith who trained just once in two weeks due to COVID and grabbed a draw v Morton who are currently managed by a sports scientist because they can’t afford a manager and don’t have enough resources to sign a second goalie.

We will win this division but as it stands our only real highlights were the opening day of the season, a derby win and a gutsy fight v Celtic.

The concern most have isn’t what happens in the next 3 months......it’s what we have to endure next season. These level of performances would see us at the wrong end of the table once again and that has to be avoided. A reasonable expectation of progression  at that rate is a long way off. 

If we have the opportunity to bring in someone else at the end of the season who we think will improve us quicker than RN we should absolutely do it. 

Edited by DH1986

complete control
27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We need to Improve, but we will secure promotion. 

We made major changes, Savage, Robbie and his team came in. 

We'll need improvement for next season but that will come, as it did last time under Robbie imo. 

If it doesn't he'll be sacked, time will tell tho. 

U said at ht yesterday we would get an early goal in 2nd half and win comfortably.  The boring cheerleader was wrong again  !

McGlynn The Money
Just now, complete control said:

U said at ht yesterday we would get an early goal in 2nd half and win comfortably.  The boring cheerleader was wrong again  !

Perfect description of him and his posts. He's the Comical Ali of Kickback. 

19 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

t's been said that a team reflects the manager's personality.  Well we've been treated to insipid performance after insipid performance and it has to change - or the manager has to be changed.

After each game RN shows immense wisdom in identifying the problems but appears deficient in finding the solutions by the time the next game comes along.

My heart sinks every time I see the team sheet and the name Halliday is on it.  Yesterday he was one of the most experienced players in the team and gets himself booked in the first half leaving himself walking a tightrope for the majority of the game.   That apart, he is slower than a week in Saughton and brings little or nothing to the table.

We were short of wingers when RN arrived and he has signed 5 yet we are still short of (decent) wingers.  One of them, Frear, he tried to sign for Dundee Celtic and also had him in for a week's trial before eventually signing him.  He's so unproductive that RN himself doesn't select him!  Another, Roberts, has been sent out on loan.  A third Ginelly is the best of the lot but he is here on loan and unfortunately is injured.  A fourth (GMS) seems to have been signed based on the form he displayed when last in Scotland rather than current form while, being a ittle charitable maybe towards Kastaneer, let's say the jury is out on him.

Well Alan, the day has come.  I agree with every single word you have posted. 

21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This all day long. Well said Al. 

6 minutes ago, complete control said:

To be fair, some folk predict defeat most weeks and they are most often wrong as well. 

3 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Well Alan, the day has come.  I agree with every single word you have posted. 

You had to be right eventually😀

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, some folk predict defeat most weeks and they are most often wrong as well. 

Not in the Premier League. 

Jean Louis Valois

I like Robbie and really want him to succeed with us, but the performances and pretty poor results are hard to ignore. What i think a major issue is this season is that our players are really struggling being the team to beat in the league, every game we play is the other teams cup final. I think most of our players can't handle that.

5 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

:spoton:

Perfect description of him and his head in the sand posts.

Indeed it is as 👍

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I like Robbie and really want him to succeed with us, but the performances and pretty poor results are hard to ignore. What i think a major issue is this season is that our players are really struggling being the team to beat in the league, every game we play is the other teams cup final. I think most of our players can't handle that.

would help if we weren’t playing walking football. Only when we are behind  to players carry the ball with intent and some speed, only when we are behind do they pass and try and find space.

football is a simple game.. run a bit and make space to receive the ball, once you’ve received it pull people towards you and THEN pass it

Our players take the easy pass all the ****ing time - 20 yards in front and we pass it to the next guy to take responsibility.

absolute shitebags the majority of them 

57 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Great post. 
I absolutely despair when I see Halliday on the team sheet. He is one of the worst midfielders I’ve seen at Hearts and I’ve seen a few bad ones. I honestly thought he would have came here and did a good job bearing in mind the level we are playing at. I never thought he was a great player but surely he could produce in the championship!!! 
Not to mention all his spare time all he wants to do is talk about Rangers. He can GTF for me. 

1 hour ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Great post. 
I absolutely despair when I see Halliday on the team sheet. He is one of the worst midfielders I’ve seen at Hearts and I’ve seen a few bad ones. I honestly thought he would have came here and did a good job bearing in mind the level we are playing at. I never thought he was a great player but surely he could produce in the championship!!! 
Not to mention all his spare time all he wants to do is talk about Rangers. He can GTF for me. 

The spare time job is relatively minor as very few would care about if he was playing consistently well. 

13 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Imo we are playing good football, we are scoring goals, we are top so not a shambles and as  for your last question I have no idea.

There is room for improvement tho.

Your think we’re playing good football. You can’t be serious !! We are a shambles of a team and we are playing in the 2nd division of Scottish football even though it’s called the Championship. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, complete control said:

I often say we win and we don't. 

Been doing it for over 30 years. 

I'll say we'll win on Friday as well, we might draw or get beat tho.... That's football. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mitch41 said:

Your think we’re playing good football. You can’t be serious !! We are a shambles of a team and we are playing in the 2nd division of Scottish football even though it’s called the Championship. 

We're not a shambles, we're top of our division. 

All that came before including demotion was not Robbies fault. 

4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I was considering the same but with the money I’m saving not going to the pub I’ll probably renew.

Time will tell.

I’ve done that the last few seasons and been the same as yourself and just renewed but 100% not next season.

I will pick and choose any I feel like going to, won’t be like it’ll be a struggle to get tickets that’s for sure.

McGlynn The Money
23 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The spare time job is relatively minor as very few would care about if he was playing consistently well. 

I disagree, people care because he spends his time sucking up to the blue half of the bigot brothers. A lot of those who claim not to have a problem with it would have a different attitude if it was the green half he was sucking up to, let's not kid ourselves. 

I was less than enamoured when Robbie was appointed but genuinely wants and still hope he succeeds. Thought at the outset it was a lazy and hasty decision based on his record of two successful promotions notwithstanding an unsuccessful play off attempt. Add that to his experience in the lower English League it seems more of a safe appointment rather than an inspirational selection. He was also afforded the opportunity of bringing his own back-room staff. Don’t know enough about Gordon Forrest but Lee McCulloch has hardly set the heather on fire in his coaching career to date. Sometimes a new broom sweep clean mentality is required but I thought Andy Kirk got a raw deal and a balance between a clean slate and a bit continuity might have been a preferred option. I just question his mind set solely based on his post match comments but I may be wrong in that his rhetoric may be different in face to face verbal’s in the dressing room. Post match after our first defeat against Dunfermline  an air of resignation that an unbeaten record had to end sometime completely sent out the wrong message . We had only played a little more than a handful games notably in the Bet Fred Cup against Cowdenbeath , East Fife and Inverness although admittedly a good performance against Dundee.  Not for an instance am I suggesting we have the quality Rangers possess but in relative terms the gap in our resources and player quality as against the rest of our lower league opponents is highly significant and is it really unreasonable to expect a similar runaway dominance that Sevco have achieved . We have lost the same amount of games as Dunfermline and thankfully our narrow victories and their failure to convert draws has us in a comfortable position.  His demeanour almost comes over as a mirror image of the cautions  and stereotype performances  on display or maybe I just have to lower my expectation levels.

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Start one then. 🤷🏼‍♂️

If only I knew how to. By the way I’ve met Robbie a few times and I think he’s a great guy but is he a good enough manager for Hearts, I’m afraid not.

3 hours ago, Firefox said:

In this league, the majority of teams will set up to sit in against us and try to hit on the break, especially at Tynie. Neilson and his team of coaches must surely be aware of that and you would hope that they would work on systems to counter that set up on the training ground.  If they are, then it's not working. Still far to much passing across the back 4, back to Gordon.  Everyone knows how to play against us  and anyone with pacy forwards are going to catch us out at some point in a game. It happened against QOS and again yesterday. 

RN needs have the tactical nous to workout how to play against a system most teams will play against us ,and he's had plenty opportunity to do it this season without success. 

Don't actually know what goes on in training. 

It's certainly not practising corners for a start. 

So many corners and nothing ever comes of them. 

7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

You are allowed to start one yourself, you know. 

I can’t I don’t know how to start one.  😪😪

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We're not a shambles, we're top of our division. 

All that came before including demotion was not Robbies fault. 

I’m not talking about how we ended up in the Chumpionship I’m only interested in the present and we are making hard work of the games we are playing against 2nd rate opposition. 

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Well, it won't change next season either when playing the likes of Hamilton or St Mirren types.

9 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't actually know what goes on in training. 

It's certainly not practising corners for a start. 

So many corners and nothing ever comes of them. 

Said earlier i saw a video of them training and it was like a kickabout on a public park. Ten yard passes and......well, not much else. No corner drills, no free kick drills, nothing.Of course...the video will have only shown a small part of training but from what i saw of it, it didn't look exactly inspiring.

The Real Maroonblood
19 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I’ve done that the last few seasons and been the same as yourself and just renewed but 100% not next season.

I will pick and choose any I feel like going to, won’t be like it’ll be a struggle to get tickets that’s for sure.

It’s a sad  indictment we’ve come to this but that is the reality of it.

Fortunately Levein has left but his legacy is still here.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’m not talking about how we ended up in the Chumpionship I’m only interested in the present and we are making hard work of the games we are playing against 2nd rate opposition. 

Teams will make us work hard. 

Teams won't simply roll over every time. 

Unsure why that shocks folk. 

We won't win every game. We are winning the league and imo will win it comfortably. 

2 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I think that's a cliche that needs to be put in the bin. If Neilson is going to persist with poor players that effectively means playing a man short (Frear at Dunf, GMS yesterday) then Hearts will struggle. His tactics are poor, as is his motivational skills and his rigid refusal to do anything but start with one up front and 2 holding MF - at home - against pub teams - tells its own tale. 

Naismith is well past it with years left on his contract and Neilson hasn't got a clue what to do to get the best out of him.  Fact is, any team must be well up for playing Hearts - it's that easy. This isn't the Neilson of yesteryear - no double training sessions , battering teams and winning with a sheer will to win. Neilson is now faced with a dressing room full of old pros , some of whom are clearly doing what they want, and he can't handle it.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )