Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The half where we had one holding midfielder and two strikers. 

I don't care about formation, you change your formation loads in a game. It's how we play, forward passing Gnaduillet holding it up. Better 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Play like the 2nd half every week and I'm happy

Not sure what game you were watching but that was pish too. 

Couple of chances in the last 4 mins but apart from that absolutely nothing. 

Keeper didn't even make a save until practically the last kick of the ball. 

The Apprentice

So in our last 3 we have drawn against a depleted QoS team peppered with youth loan players, Morton who sacked their manager to cut costs and played without a recognised striker and now ICT playing their 3rd game in 6 days under Neil McCann who has had 1 training session to send a team out against us. 

We have no right to just go out and win these games but the lack of threat in attack and vulnerability at the other end is shocking. It’s not as if we’ve absolutely battered these teams, knocking at the door all game and the goalies have had worldies. Over the last 3 games, even the Ayr win as well, we’ve barely tested the opposition keeper. 

And after another insipid performance to hear Neilson come out, yet again, and make excuses for it is so frustrating. Craig Gordon was bang on the money with what he said. It’s time these players stopped believing the hype and started proving it on the pitch.

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I don't care about formation, you change your formation loads in a game. It's how we play, forward passing Gnaduillet holding it up. Better 

The formation is  a huge part of it Gnanduillet can’t hold the ball up if he’s on the bench so unless Boyce is dropped we need to play with two up front to see that. Similarly, two sitting mids mean there often isn’t a forward pass to be made. We rely on out of form wingers to come up with final balls and it is not working. 

Even the "clueless" BBC commentary team have Neilson sussed. Their comment that "this team is not as good as the sum of it's parts" fairly and squarely lays the blame at the feet of the manager

kingantti1874
22 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Rangers and Hibs had the playoffs as a back up each year

Where they played a premiership team. I wouldn’t fancy hearts in a playoff against Hamilton or Ross county right now.. they’d both beat us comfortably

Seymour M Hersh

We will need better in charge for next season that is clear. Robbie has become Levein MKII and that's not going to work in the premiership. However people are deluded if they think Budge will suddenly empty RN in the middle of a season where (even although the football is shite) we're top. My worry is she'll not see the writing on the wall for next season in the premiership and keep him in place. Any changes must, imo, be made at the end of this season (ideally the day after it's ended) and a new management regime installed within a few days to give them as much time as possible to prepare/recruit. Having said that Budge won't do it. 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

did we create anything at all until the last 10 mins 🤷‍♂️ 

I did initially vote for RN to stay in the other thread and, assuming promotion, be given a chance in the Premier next season. 

My view has changed. 

We're regressing the longer the season goes on. If Dunfermline go on a consistent, winning streak we have a problem. They haven't, thus far, but could.

No belief now that Neilson will take us anywhere. Clear as day.

Promoted, or not, we desperately need the FOH handover in the summer with a new board and Savage inviting applicants.

Edited by martoon

49 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The second half of the 1st half was decent but half time seemed to kill our momentum. 

I lost interest in the 2nd half until the last few minutes. 

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

I did initially vote for RN to stay in the other thread and, assuming promotion, be given a chance in the Premier next season.

My view has changed.

We're regressing the longer the season goes on. If Dunfermline go on a consistent, winning streak we have a problem. They haven't, thus far, but could.

No belief now that Neilson will take us anywhere. Clear as day.

Promoted, or not, we desperately need the FOH handover in the summer with a new board and Savage inviting applicants.

They might now that they've got someone who's sticking the ball in the back of the net.

(a lad gifted to them for bugger all, by us).

Edited by Le Chat

Just now, Le Chat said:

They might now that they've got someone who's sticking the ball in the back of the net.

(a lad gifted to them for bugger all, by us).

Aye.

I'm genuinely concerned. About our form, a club below us ending the season well and daft decisions like Wighton.

He can't, presumably, play against us but he can play in, and score goals that will win, other games.

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye.

I'm genuinely concerned. About our form, a club below us ending the season well and daft decisions like Wighton.

He can't, presumably, play against us but he can play in, and score goals that will win, other games.

Aye.  Yet another absolutely appalling decision by those in charge.

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

did we create anything at all until the last 10 mins 🤷‍♂️ 

Agree here, v Morton it was the opposite. 

Overall tho, we are creating far more than the opposition but are not making the opposition keeper work nearly enough. 

Our shooting % on target has been Bollocks the past few weeks. 

45 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We will need better in charge for next season that is clear. Robbie has become Levein MKII and that's not going to work in the premiership. However people are deluded if they think Budge will suddenly empty RN in the middle of a season where (even although the football is shite) we're top. My worry is she'll not see the writing on the wall for next season in the premiership and keep him in place. Any changes must, imo, be made at the end of this season (ideally the day after it's ended) and a new management regime installed within a few days to give them as much time as possible to prepare/recruit. Having said that Budge won't do it. 

Budge should already be looking for robbies replacement and have him in place as soon as possible after the season ends, giving him a full pre season.  However, she will do the same as she did with Levein; give him the first 12 games of next season, realise he's not the right guy, sack him, then spend 2 months trying to find a new manager, by which time we've wasted another season. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Budge should already be looking for robbies replacement and have him in place as soon as possible after the season ends, giving him a full pre season.  However, she will do the same as she did with Levein; give him the first 12 games of next season, realise he's not the right guy, sack him, then spend 2 months trying to find a new manager, by which time we've wasted another season. 

I fear she might not even do that. And you're correct she should be lining up a replacement but if history is anything to go by, she'll not be doing that.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

If we get promoted, he'll be here next season. 

She'll also be hoping he repeats the trick of 5/6 years ago .

We as fans should be hoping for the same Tbh. 

This, debate could well run forever. 

If we're about 4/5th next season he'll stay on as well, but many will want him gone like they did when we were in about 2nd.

He's not getting sacked imo unless we -

Don't get promoted 

On promotion, finish bottom 6 or have a stinking start like CL did last season in the first round of fixtures. 

Berra than you
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we get promoted, he'll be here next season. 

She'll also be hoping he repeats the trick of 5/6 years ago .

We as fans should be hoping for the same Tbh. 

This, debate could well run forever. 

If we're about 4/5th next season he'll stay on as well, but many will want him gone like they did when we were in about 2nd.

He's not getting sacked imo unless we -

Don't get promoted 

On promotion, finish bottom 6 or have a stinking start like CL did last season in the first round of fixtures. 

Agree that those are the two outcomes in which he'll be sacked. The bit in bold is what I'm worried will happen, based on our performances. We can't afford to start poorly again imo.

4 hours ago, theshed said:

Was working in Dundee yesterday and when I was leaving the two Dundee United fans said, hope you enjoy the game tonight while pissing themselves laughing. 
They said to me last year they couldn’t believe we gave them money to take Neilson cause of how bad he was and it was shanklands goals that saved him getting the sack up there 

Would love to ask Ann what it was about Robbie’s performance, tactics, planning at United that convinced her it was the right move to bring him back. 

“Er...he’s a good guy and Craig recommended him”

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would love to ask Ann what it was about Robbie’s performance, tactics, planning at United that convinced her it was the right move to bring him back. 

:greatpost:

1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Surely it must be Levein’s turn again once Neilson goes?

Our recruitment aces will scour the world looking for a replacement only to realise that the perfect candidate was sitting twiddling his thumbs in Fife all along.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

not really a fair comparison.

rangers took 2 seasons - because we won the first

hibs took 3 seasons - Becuase they had to wait behind us and rangers 

Dundee Utd are a small club, no bigger than Kilmarnock or motherwell.. not. Valid comparison 

ive been defending Robbie. 3 ruined weekends have forced me to change my mind. It’s not good enough 

That's the most frustrating thing about where we are. We smashed the league got into the top league where we should have kicked on and cemented our place in that league before Hibs were even back up. Yet here we are, Rangers and Hibs in a league above us and stick on Premiership teams. To be fair Rangers were always going to overtake us eventually but what a hash we've made of it 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Surely it must be Levein’s turn again once Neilson goes?

Our recruitment aces will scour the world looking for a replacement only to realise that the perfect candidate was sitting twiddling his thumbs in Fife all along.

What a thought. 

Levein is like Trump gone but the smell is still there.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Probably spot on tbh. 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Oh and don't forget Robbie was Ann's daughters favourite player. 

Psychedelicropcircle
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I fear she might not even do that. And you're correct she should be lining up a replacement but if history is anything to go by, she'll not be doing that.

She should be walking with Robbie in a fall on yer sword gesture. The unaccountability runs top to bottom in this club.

23 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If John Kennedy leaves Celtic he'd be on my shortlist to replace Neilson. Comes across very well anyway. 

He’s done nothing in football management and didn’t make it as a player because of injury. Apart from talking well, why would he be a good choice. 

All we can hope for is he is learning 

My problem is we are the same every week. From team selection to tactics

I want to have faith that something is being built for next year but how can you watching this

2 minutes ago, R1874 said:

All we can hope for is he is learning 

My problem is we are the same every week. From team selection to tactics

I want to have faith that something is being built for next year but how can you watching this

Makes it easy for the opposition. 

I probably like many others now hope, rather than expect to get three points. Just can't understand Neilson,s mind set which to me sends out the wrong message. Of course  its not easy to get out the championship if you don't have the resources but he has a huge advantage  over our competitors. He comes across as always looking for excuses and in contrast to Craig Gordon who was very animated last night his demeanour never seems to change. If its not easy to get out of this division and we do manage it, then under his stewardship it will be a dam sight easier to get back in to it.    

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

If John Kennedy leaves Celtic he'd be on my shortlist to replace Neilson. Comes across very well anyway. 

John Kennedy now....

Are folk just posting names for the banter  now. 

If so, Lennon must be due a shout, I'm sure some had a thread on him saying just that when he was at hibs? 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

What makes this thread"offucuul", is it sponsored? 

When do you concede that things aren't working and wholesale changes are needed?  

You've been saying thing are just around the corner for 3 years now and we are still waiting.  

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

When do you concede that things aren't working and wholesale changes are needed?  

You've been saying thing are just around the corner for 3 years now and we are still waiting.  

We made wholesale changes for this season. 

New dof

New manager 

New coaching team. 

You miss that? 

We even made one last season, sacked CL as manager got Stendel in. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We made wholesale changes for this season. 

New dof

New manager 

New coaching team. 

You miss that? 

We even made one last season, sacked CL as manager got Stendel in. 

Same old boring approach as before which had fans refusing to buy season tickets.  Neilson is doing nothing to get the fans back onside. 

We will see a drop in season tickets if he is still here.  Fans are sick of it.  

Dennis Reynolds
On 20/02/2021 at 21:47, ADAM said:

Usual crap about 2015 being way better than this year, we'd not be far of the record points, and goals scored, totals we set in that year (assuming we had 36 games to play this season).  We're bang on target for a League Champoinship winning stroll. 

2015  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Hearts)

36     29     4      3     96    26     70     91

2021  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (assumes 2-0 win at Inverness)

18     13      2      3     45    19     26     41

2021  -  P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (assume equal first 18 totals)

36    26      4      6     90    38     52    82

2016 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Rangers)

36    25     6       5     88    34     54    81

2017 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Hibs)

36   19     14     3     59     25    34     71

2018 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (St Mirren)

36     23     5      8     63    36     27     74 

2019 -   P      W      D      L     GF    GA    GD    Pts (Ross County)

36     21     8      7      63    34     29    71

Your 'stats' fell at the first hurdle.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a thought. 

Levein is like Trump gone but the smell is still there.

Like Trump in the fact that nobody thought their replacement could do worse, and yet......

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Same old boring approach as before which had fans refusing to buy season tickets.  Neilson is doing nothing to get the fans back onside. 

We will see a drop in season tickets if he is still here.  Fans are sick of it.  

Time will tell. 

After promotion, a summer transfer window and not being at a match for well over a year I'll be there. 

Others can choose what they want to do tho. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Time will tell. 

After promotion, a summer transfer window and not being at a match for well over a year I'll be there. 

If sales are steady it'll be down to fans desperate to see a game rather than Neilsons type of football. 

You might be happy with it but most see it as a continuation of the levein approach. 

We are really bored of it.  Fans who have had a season ticket for years not renewing and it doesn't concern you?  It should.  

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, RussAsia said:

Like Trump in the fact that nobody thought their replacement could do worse, and yet......

To be fair Neilson’s been in the job longer.

21 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

John Kennedy now....

Are folk just posting names for the banter  now. 

If so, Lennon must be due a shout, I'm sure some had a thread on him saying just that when he was at hibs? 

I don't see why he shouldn't be considered. Give me your names I can scoff at.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time will tell. 

You’re talking like you’re the only supporter who’ll be back. Like the rest of us aren’t banging cash into FOH constantly or don’t go to games.

Spare us the uber-fan shite. You’re a fan who backs mediocrity over and over and over again.

After talking to many of my mates who have had season tickets for many years we will renew next season but are not happy with the direction our team is heading under the management of Neilson & co. We are getting worse and being this bad in the Championship is not what our fans expect or deserve. Robbie is a lucky chappy that our fans can’t go to matches because he’d be getting pelters. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )