Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

19 hours ago, Coco said:

Was always going to be difficult to deal with the mess Levein and MacPhee created at the same time as the terrible performance of the youth academy was becoming clear.

But Robbie's efforts to improve the squad are ringing alarm bells.  And not for the first time - this was the manager who signed shockers like Kitchen, Cowie, Oshiniwa, Sammon, Anderson, Rherras and Reilly.  No manager gets them all right but there's a track record building of terrible signings

Your examples there are pretty poor to be honest.  Firstly, Cowie, Kitchen and even Rherras and Reilly all did a job for us.  Cowie was very underrated and Kitchen, christ if he'd stayed, we wouldn't have been relegated, I'll tell you that.

But also, every manager has misfiring signings, what is so hard about that for people to understand?  Yes, if a manager brings in a bunch and then the team don't win, so Cathro, Levein, have a go.  But Robbie made loads of signings, won the Champ by a mile, then came 3rd, then had us 2nd.  You can't complain about his signings.  You simply can't pick out a few bad signings amongst many, as I say, every single manager on the planet makes bad signings.

Rossi, Ozturk, Prince, Gomis, Sow, Jonsen, Pallardo, Djoum, even guys like Augustyn,  Isma and Juanma.  He made plenty good and impactful signings.

Look, not a massive fan of his style, but can't really moan about his signings

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Has the new manager at Dundee United changed their line-up much from when Robbie was in charge? I've no idea, but they seem in no danger of relegation to me.

27 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Modern times I’d class as a generation - between 20-30 years.

I’d classify a bigger club by the financial power and competitions they compete in. Paolo Sergio went on to manage a team that beat Manchester United in the champions league.

Certainly can’t argue against that as a brilliant one off result. Sergio is certainly an enigmas as he was sacked a few months later. A bit of an enigma. 

Anyway I’m still not convinced. 😎

8 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

No thanks, I’ve seen enough heads in the sand over the last few days.

Cool.  👍

The offer remains.

What’s mine is yours.

Regards.

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Certainly can’t argue against that as a brilliant one off result. Sergio is certainly an enigmas as he was sacked a few months later. A bit of an enigma. 

Anyway I’m still not convinced. 😎

He managed Sporting Lisbon who are bigger than us, albeit at a time that they weren’t great.

FWIW I agree regarding Sergio. He gave us that amazing day but I remember being quite underwhelmed by our league performance that year and the type of football was similar to what we have now.

3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He managed Sporting Lisbon who are bigger than us, albeit at a time that they weren’t great.

FWIW I agree regarding Sergio. He gave us that amazing day but I remember being quite underwhelmed by our league performance that year and the type of football was similar to what we have now.

I think he managed Sporting before Hearts I think. 

1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He would have a better player budget now than back then.

But saying that, I always thought Levein would be better with a bigger player  budget.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

He would have a better player budget now than back then.

But saying that, I always thought Levein would be better with a bigger player  budget.

Aye, in Robbie’s favour, he seems to have the right ideas about players (he’s obviously had a few duds) but he does get players in for the positions we need and seems to want to work with a smaller group. Both these things are an important step in the right direction. 

700 + votes (so far) and only 56% approval rating. Even for JKB that is a poor return.

Does not bode well and further proof that it was a poor decision to appoint him to start with. 56% of this vote when clear at top of league we are going to win. 

Remember a lot of those 56% have serious doubts as well.

Robbie appointment split the support it is fair to say, but everyone got behind him and he had everything going for him, but does not look like he has managed to galvanise the support thus far.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I feel Stendel could have been Sergio #2 if the world (and well his results) hadn't gone to shit. Very likeable and you could definitely have seen mid table league form but a good cup win in our future under Stendel. Where Neilson trumps both Sergio and Stendel for me is he's so consistent at league games that you can confidently predict top 3, and he's started developing into a better cup manager if the SC was anything to go by. The LC not so much obviously, but then what Hearts manager is good at the LC?

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Cool.  👍

The offer remains.

What’s mine is yours.

Regards.

No problem I can deal with sensible criticism 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Aye, in Robbie’s favour, he seems to have the right ideas about players (he’s obviously had a few duds) but he does get players in for the positions we need and seems to want to work with a smaller group. Both these things are an important step in the right direction. 

Yes we all saw the great improvement against Queen of the South and Morton. In the bad old days we could only cuff Dundee 6-2.

Hopefully this squad will get us promoted, then we certainly need to sign/strengthen players for the season ahead else we'll be back down again. 

24 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Hopefully this squad will get us promoted, then we certainly need to sign/strengthen players for the season ahead else we'll be back down again. 

Same as last year, the one before that, then the one before that etc etc!

On 24/02/2021 at 07:22, ToqueJambo said:

I feel Stendel could have been Sergio #2 if the world (and well his results) hadn't gone to shit. Very likeable and you could definitely have seen mid table league form but a good cup win in our future under Stendel. Where Neilson trumps both Sergio and Stendel for me is he's so consistent at league games that you can confidently predict top 3, and he's started developing into a better cup manager if the SC was anything to go by. The LC not so much obviously, but then what Hearts manager is good at the LC?

If he has us playing like this, next season, we won’t be in 3rd place, that’s for sure.

YAWN just YAWN 

not the match , had too many years of watching dire stuff not to do that but

YAWN just phukkin YAWN  at thinking you can watch our team and have a look at our fan base comments and every click is Robbie oot ,Craig’s fault , AB get oot, WTF happened to the word support?

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, maggieb said:

YAWN just YAWN 

YAWN just phukkin YAWN  at thinking you can watch our team and have a look at our fan base comments and every click is Robbie oot ,Craig’s fault , AB get oot, WTF happened to the word support?

They are drained by Budge and co

3 minutes ago, maggieb said:

YAWN just YAWN 

I think you'll struggle to find a group of fans who support their club more than we do.  You blaming the fans for moaning after putting up with this for 4 years?   

The fans will stop criticising and moaning when the team.and club starts doing their bit.  

Eff all to do with fans moaning.  

Neil Dongcaster
4 minutes ago, maggieb said:

YAWN just YAWN 

By supporting the club it stands to reason you want what you think is best for the club. I don’t think Neilson is anywhere near the best for our club. Simple as that really. 

Nah, that’s breaking point for me. Get him to ****. An absolute loser who will never take us high enough. 

I genuinely despise watching this Hearts team

Get these imposters out now......FFS give us something to look forward to....

Can you imagine what the 21/22 is going to look like with these ar$eholes calling the shots?

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )