Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

nobody expects to win every single game. We will win the league obviously.

bridgette Neilson could win the championship this year as other teams are like sighthill jaggies and rag arse rovers 

the point is more half the games we have won against piss poor opposition we have been murder to watch and have several players playing really badly. 
the tactics are shocking and Neilsons compulsive lying in post match interviews is patronising to the support at best. 
god nos what excuses he will have next year as they will all have been used up 

:notsure:

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

McGlynn The Money
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So time won't tell and we never finished third under him on promotion last time? 

What's funny about that? 

Not just that post specifically but your material in general mate and the whole OTT optimistic act. I know you're joking because you surely must be. Fair play to you sir.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

NO ONE on here expects to win every game, no one said it, no one thinks it , not even in this pub league so drop that one FFS. And that is NOT what the debate is about - as you are well aware. 

The warning sings are there and obvious - this team and this manager are not going to cut it next season. This is an ageing squad that isn't good enough and any pub team in the Champ fancies their chances because it's that easy. 

Spot on.

2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I think that's a cliche that needs to be put in the bin. If Neilson is going to persist with poor players that effectively means playing a man short (Frear at Dunf, GMS yesterday) then Hearts will struggle. His tactics are poor, as is his motivational skills and his rigid refusal to do anything but start with one up front and 2 holding MF - at home - against pub teams - tells its own tale. 

Naismith is well past it with years left on his contract and Neilson hasn't got a clue what to do to get the best out of him.  Fact is, any team must be well up for playing Hearts - it's that easy. This isn't the Neilson of yesteryear - no double training sessions , battering teams and winning with a sheer will to win. Neilson is now faced with a dressing room full of old pros , some of whom are clearly doing what they want, and he can't handle it.

I have seen most games, and I am yet to see us physically dominate a game. In fact teams with no or little training facilities, or part time players put our lot to shame. In fact this was also the case under Levein.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Not just that post specifically but your material in general mate and the whole OTT optimistic act. I know you're joking because you surely must be. Fair play to you sir.

So if you support the current manager and think the team will do well in the future it is OTT? 

:wtfvlad:

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even more bizzare. 

As bizzare as Neilsons post match interviews ? 
he lies through his teeth and blames anything and everything for us being absolutely torture to watch with at least 3 imposters in the starting 11 every week.

popescu Halliday and halkett. 

and no one can argue they haven’t been given a fair chance either!!!! 

McGlynn The Money
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So if you support the current manager and think the team will do well in the future it is OTT? 

:wtfvlad:

You blindly support every manager and keep saying how the good times are just around the corner. Clearly you are at it on am industrial scale but fair play to you. As I say, I like a laugh and football gets taken far too seriously.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You blindly support every manager and keep saying how the good times are just around the corner. Clearly you are at it on am industrial scale but fair play to you. As I say, I like a laugh and football gets taken far too seriously.

So supporting the manager of Hearts is a bad thing? 

You're not making any sense, why wouldn't a supporter back the manager and team? 

I'm not at anything, folk constantly wanting a manager sacked when top of the league are the ones that are "at it". 

McGlynn The Money
31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're not making any sense, why wouldn't a supporter back the manager and team? 

I'm not at anything, folk constantly wanting a manager sacked when top of the league are the ones that are "at it". 

Not just your stuff about the manager, and I don't want him sacked either. We all back the manager and the team but that doesn't mean we criticise the manager when he gets things wrong, the overpaid and underachieving players or the board who have got us into this mess.

Blindly just saying everything is wonderful all the time and the good times are (always) just round the corner doesn't make you a better fan. It's actually counterproductive if we're being honest.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Not just your stuff about the manager, and I don't want him sacked either. We all back the manager and the team but that doesn't mean we criticise the manager when he gets things wrong, the overpaid and underachieving players or the board who have got us into this mess.

Blindly just saying everything is wonderful all the time and the good times are (always) just round the corner doesn't make you a better fan. It's actually counterproductive if we're being honest.

I've never said everything is wonderful. 

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've never said everything is wonderful. 

Dunno why you're getting so uptight because I was praising you. Like I say, people take football too far too seriously so it's good to see someone having a laugh about the situation.

Hats off to you.

🧘‍♂️

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk have said they don't expect to win every game. 

Yet at the same time are unhappy with the style of play and tactics that have taken us top. 

It makes no sense. 

I don't expect us to win every game and at the same time I'm unhappy with the style of play and tactics. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

I don't expect us to win every game and at the same time I'm unhappy with the style of play and tactics. 

So, You're unhappy with he style of play and tactics that have taken us top. 

I don't get it. 

Fair enough tho. 

For all his faults at least levein would happily bring players through and try out the youth players in big games , this seasons a great opportunity to do that but instead Robbie fills the team with journeymen and players not good enough

McGlynn The Money
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So, You're unhappy with he style of play and tactics that have taken us top. 

I don't get it. 

Fair enough tho. 

You're speaking as if him taking us top of this division is proof he's the next Pep Guardiola. Given the players we have in comparison with the rest of the league, it would be a disgrace if we were anywhere other than top.

30 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

They say that the sign of a good team is that they win even when playing poorly.

Just saying.

Edited by JamboAl

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

They say that the sign of a good team is that they win even when playing poorly.

Just saying.

Yup, but we all know that 'they' come out with the biggest load of rubbish at every opportunity when it suits the circumstances; e.g., "It's harder to play against 10 men." (To name but one).

Edited by Wee Mikey

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Just saying.

We’ve drawn the last two. 

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Yup, but we all know that 'they' come out with the biggest load of rubbish at every opportunity when it suits the circumstances; e.g., "It's harder to play against 10 men." (To name but one).

They also say that the top teams should win every game comfortably.

2 hours ago, Barney bulge said:

nobody expects to win every single game. We will win the league obviously.

bridgette Neilson could win the championship this year as other teams are like sighthill jaggies and rag arse rovers 

the point is more half the games we have won against piss poor opposition we have been murder to watch and have several players playing really badly. 
the tactics are shocking and Neilsons compulsive lying in post match interviews is patronising to the support at best. 
god nos what excuses he will have next year as they will all have been used up 

Don't forget Craig's saves that have kept us in games. 

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

They also say that the top teams should win every game comfortably.

True, but that's only when they forget that 'there are no easy games at this level'. Mind you, if everyone gave 110%.

29 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

True, but that's only when they forget that 'there are no easy games at this level'. Mind you, if everyone gave 110%.

Do you mean remember?

23 hours ago, ADAM said:

The stats clearly indicate we will be close to matching the average of that record breaking year for both goals & points. 

Did you revise your stats Adam? 🤔

3 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You're speaking as if him taking us top of this division is proof he's the next Pep Guardiola. Given the players we have in comparison with the rest of the league, it would be a disgrace if we were anywhere other than top.

Exactly!

I am not convinced about Hearts being successful under Robbie, but let’s be honest he’s not going to get sacked without having a crack in the top flight, whether you like it or not. Personally I would get him out in the summer but that’s essentially irrelevant.

What Ann Budge cannot do is another Levein 2.0 job where he gets another year and a half+ too long. If it’s gone Pete Tong / we are struggling by September or October time then make the change before it’s too late.

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

AB’s backing of Levein was undoubtedly a bad thing which resulted in us playing in the Championship. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

AB’s backing of Levein was undoubtedly a bad thing which resulted in us playing in the Championship. 

Stand by for “We weren’t bottom when Levein left” 🙈

28 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I am not convinced about Hearts being successful under Robbie, but let’s be honest he’s not going to get sacked without having a crack in the top flight, whether you like it or not. Personally I would get him out in the summer but that’s essentially irrelevant.

What Ann Budge cannot do is another Levein 2.0 job where he gets another year and a half+ too long. If it’s gone Pete Tong / we are struggling by September or October time then make the change before it’s too late.

How much longer do we have to suffer the budge era for? Can't she just hand the club over to foh at the end of this season and move on? Surely she has been paid back by now? Sick to the back teeth of this era now. 

If she is still around next year and gives RN more money to spunk in the summer we are going to be in serious trouble again in a years time, round and round we go. Slowly becoming a blooming yoyo club.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He was sacked as manager at the wrong time, that is for sure. 

SectionDJambo

Robbie Neilson is frequently associated with Levein's style of play, which is understandable and maybe correct. The similarities are definitely there.

What I can't understand is why he wouldn't attempt to follow the playing style of Hearts managers who is must have filled him with excitement, like George Burley, Jim Jefferies and even John Robertson, instead of Craig Levein. In particular, the few weeks that he played in Burley's team must have been the most exciting of his career.

So why doesn't he try to emulate that style. He obviously doesn't have as good players around, but the opposition is hardly world class either.

Fozzyonthefence
13 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Exactly!

12 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Stand by for “We weren’t bottom when Levein left” 🙈

Levein actually managed to do far worse than just bottom during a season.  He had us as the worst team in the league over 14 whole months. Quite an achievement.  But aye, blindly backing a manager is the way forward. 

Was always going to be difficult to deal with the mess Levein and MacPhee created at the same time as the terrible performance of the youth academy was becoming clear.

But Robbie's efforts to improve the squad are ringing alarm bells.  And not for the first time - this was the manager who signed shockers like Kitchen, Cowie, Oshiniwa, Sammon, Anderson, Rherras and Reilly.  No manager gets them all right but there's a track record building of terrible signings

14 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

How much longer do we have to suffer the budge era for? Can't she just hand the club over to foh at the end of this season and move on? Surely she has been paid back by now? Sick to the back teeth of this era now. 

If she is still around next year and gives RN more money to spunk in the summer we are going to be in serious trouble again in a years time, round and round we go. Slowly becoming a blooming yoyo club.

No idea how long but she certainly has to go. We’re a soft touch under her leadership. Very good being friendly with benefactors but she’s done a terrible job all things considered over the last couple of seasons. 

We are the 3rd biggest club in the country but every season is a write off after January. We’re always “nearly there” but in fact we are miles off it, hence the constant rebuilds every summer.

Perfect time this summer to start fresh again unfortunately, but actually do it properly - FOH takeover, Budge gone, Neilson gone, majority of the board gone, and majority of the players gone.

Get a more balanced board structure, let Joe Savage and Andrew McKinaly pick a suitable manager that suits our philosophy and long term strategy, create a more visible pathway for youth players, a more balanced squad and identify a recruitment structure as opposed to the current scattergun approach. 

Integrate a structure that involves the board and Andrew McKinaly working above Savage, a new manager and Roger Arnott (head of academy) who all work together for recruitment and youth players integration. The new manager needs to have a clear idea that is the same as the long term philosophy of the club, one that I don’t currently visualise. 

We’ve been a shambles for far too long and this summer is the perfect time to actually make big changes and get things in order for the long run. Let’s face it, the vast majority of first players are losers. Build a more hungry and determined side with an attacking manager who is not naive. 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Don't forget Craig's saves that have kept us in games. 

Yes, thank god Neilson made fixing the goalie position his first priority.

I wouldn’t go as far to say I expected us to win every game, but I didn’t expect us to lose any either. Nor did I expect at the end of the season that our goalkeeper would be our player of the year. 

We will be promoted, it’s been ugly. I don’t see the last few games being any better but we better start next season on top form. If we stumble during the first handful of games next season then the mood towards Robbie and AB will turn very quickly (I know it’s already in the process of happening). 

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Levein actually managed to do far worse than just bottom during a season.  He had us as the worst team in the league over 14 whole months. Quite an achievement.  

Yes but remember the “fantastic” work he did at the Academy......🙄

3 hours ago, Coco said:

Was always going to be difficult to deal with the mess Levein and MacPhee created at the same time as the terrible performance of the youth academy was becoming clear.

But Robbie's efforts to improve the squad are ringing alarm bells.  And not for the first time - this was the manager who signed shockers like Kitchen, Cowie, Oshiniwa, Sammon, Anderson, Rherras and Reilly.  No manager gets them all right but there's a track record building of terrible signings

Jeez I forgot about that lot! 🙈

Two years from now when the inevitable happens, there will be a queue of RN happy clappers all telling us how they never wanted him as manager.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Two years from now when the inevitable happens, there will be a queue of RN happy clappers all telling us how they never wanted him as manager.

No, they’ll be telling us it’s our fault for criticising him and that we got what we wanted etc etc etc 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

3rd and challenging for 2nd?

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Coco said:

The difference is he turned that lot into a team that was never out of the top 3 in the Premiership in a season and a half, scoring a good amount of goals and defensively solid. Cathro, Levein and Stendel all arguably had stronger squads. 

So are you saying Neilson is a good manager but a bad recruiter? Not sure he can be both a bad manager and a bad recruiter and be as consistent as he was.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

I’ve got a broken record for sale.

Would you like to purchase it, add it to your collection?  🤷🏿‍♂️

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

I’ve got a broken record for sale.

Would you like to purchase it, add it to your collection?  🤷🏿‍♂️

No thanks, I’ve seen enough heads in the sand over the last few days.

Neil Dongcaster
13 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Yup. Neilson will never manage a bigger club. 

1 hour ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Yup. Neilson will never manage a bigger club. 

This is quoted a lot about players and managers but don’t think, on it’s own, it’s a valid measure of how good or bad anyone is. 

Neil Dongcaster
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This is quoted a lot about players and managers but don’t think, on it’s own, it’s a valid measure of how good or bad anyone is. 

All of our best managers in modern times have managed at bigger clubs.

it stands to reason that if you doing well then you would be given opportunities to further your career.

31 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

All of our best managers in modern times have managed at bigger clubs.

it stands to reason that if you doing well then you would be given opportunities to further your career.

Depends what you mean by modern times I suppose as did how you define a bigger club.

I still think of Alex Macdonald as modern times ( age thing I suppose ) and I don’t view him as unsuccessful , except in the strict definition of winning a major trophy. 

Craig Levein managed a bigger club after leaving Hearts but I wouldn’t rank his first spell as any more successful than that of Alex. 

Pauli Sergio had a very unsuccessful season by winning a domestic trophy ( some still want him back ) yet never managed a bigger club imo. 

i haven’t considered other club managers but I’m sure I could find others. 

It’s a good sound bite but I think it’s too simplistic to mean much on its own, imo. 

Neil Dongcaster
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Depends what you mean by modern times I suppose as did how you define a bigger club.

I still think of Alex Macdonald as modern times ( age thing I suppose ) and I don’t view him as unsuccessful , except in the strict definition of winning a major trophy. 

Craig Levein managed a bigger club after leaving Hearts but I wouldn’t rank his first spell as any more successful than that of Alex. 

Pauli Sergio had a very unsuccessful season by winning a domestic trophy ( some still want him back ) yet never managed a bigger club imo. 

i haven’t considered other club managers but I’m sure I could find others. 

It’s a good sound bite but I think it’s too simplistic to mean much on its own, imo. 

Modern times I’d class as a generation - between 20-30 years.

I’d classify a bigger club by the financial power and competitions they compete in. Paolo Sergio went on to manage a team that beat Manchester United in the champions league.

Edited by Neil Dongcaster

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )