Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

3 minutes ago, Gards said:

He was relieved of his duties as first team manager.  He was removed as a director at same time.

Is he still with us?

Good question.

Officially we know the answer, but unofficially....who knows.🥺

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Just now, Gambo said:

Good question.

Officially we know the answer, but unofficially....who knows.🥺

Och come on...that's tin foil hat stuff!

1 minute ago, Gards said:

Sigh - so here we go again with folks putting words in my mouth.

So we established he did leave us in second place yes?

You have nothing in my posts where I say he's a highly performing manager.  I state what he's factually done.  Got us out of championship, took us to Europe, left us in second place and got Dundee Utd out of championship.

I don't include the MK Dons piece because i don't believe it has relevance on Scottish football.  You can disagree and that's all good.  If you think that makes all my other points invalid then that's fine too!

I think I've stated factual pieces around this.  I am not a Neilson defender but just think the distortion or ignorance of facts is troublesome.

Cheers.

Everything I said about Neilson’s management was factually correct. I’ll give him lots of credit for his first season, but after that, it went backwards, regardless of how shite the rest of Scottish football was.

This season he has done the minimum I would have expected any - and I mean any - bang average manager to have done with our squad. In fact I’ll correct myself, a very high percentage of bang average managers wouldn’t have been beaten over 120 minutes by part-time Alloa with this squad (albeit he managed to get beat by Alloa as Dundee Utd manager as well).

Neilson is not the answer. He will get us promoted - mainly because only complete and utter incompetence could stop that happening.  I’m watching the same crappy performances that I have - barring a few exceptions - for the last three years. In fact its mostly beyond shite.

His blaming of referees for piss poor performances and defeats is frankly embarrassing. He is attempting to deflect from his own deficiencies. He can’t blame referee’s for signing Frear, Roberts, Popescu and Halliday.

Do i I want Neilson as manager in the Premier League, absolutely not! Will he be, yes, but that’s only because the decision makers at the club have got it wrong.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Gards said:

Yep I've defended Neilson in all my posts.  Point that out please?

Levein should have gone after the Celtic cup final to give a new manager a full season to make a difference.  That ok with you?

You are arguing with people criticising Neilson, taking up the opposing viewpoint so yes you are defending him. 
No it’s not. Levein should never have been given the job and should’ve been emptied in the summer of 2018 after a terrible season that was only saved by McLaughlin and Lafferty. He’s done untold damage to this club. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Robbie Neilson, so bad at management schooled by managerial 'giants' Stevie Crawford, James vermin McPake & John ****ing McGlynn. All in 1 season.

Oh Robbie, you really are in the wrong gig here pal.:lol:

Don't forget Peter Grant

15 minutes ago, Gards said:

Did that make a difference to Partick Thistle when they were demoted to League 1 with a game in hand which meant thet could have been second bottom?

That’s possibly the worst argument you’ve put forward thus far, and you’ve have a few.

lost in space
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The Hearts manager job is truly the easiest job in football. 

It Should be when considering the previous losers.

All a manager all has to do is sign DECENT (for money available) players / give them simple instructions / motivate to WIN (rather than not lose).

With the funds available a decent manager should not have difficulty improving us.

Now, all we have to do is find a manager who is better than previous/present.

That would not be hard to do.

6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Robbie Neilson, so bad at management schooled by managerial 'giants' Stevie Crawford, James vermin McPake & John ****ing McGlynn. All in 1 season.

Oh Robbie, you really are in the wrong gig here pal.:lol:

And all that with a massively bigger budget. Something we like to throw in Celtic/Lennon's face 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

That’s possibly the worst argument you’ve put forward thus far, and you’ve have a few.

why?  i was told Hearts being second wasn't relevant becuase Aberdeen had two games in hand.....which there was no guarantee they would have won.

Why doesn PTFCs position not have a relevance?

Why is it deemed to be 'argument' rather than opinion.  Jeez folks need to calm the feck down!

14 minutes ago, Gards said:

Yep I've defended Neilson in all my posts.  Point that out please?

Levein should have gone after the Celtic cup final to give a new manager a full season to make a difference.  That ok with you?

Gards...Apart from playing the deflection game......What are actually your views on the matter?

Appreciate that you want to show loyalty and defend and even try to point score.....and yes your argument may run counter to some other views.....

But apart from your counter arguing the many points on here, give us your view?

Is today, Dunfermline, Alloa, and Dundee acceptable....if not result wise.....performance wise?

Edited by Hashimoto

He was a safe, uninspiring, lazy choice and it's going about as well as expected.

He's just a below average manager who's ability to sign players is below average.

Has he sorted out any part of our team from last season apart from goalkeeper? We're awful in defence, our midfield is pathetic and we've got 1.5 strikers and no plan B.

The team is a mess and Robbie lacks any clue about how to fix it.

Even after that pile of shite, I'm still not convinced that sacking him is the way to go. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It Should be when considering the previous losers.

All a manager all has to do is sign DECENT (for money available) players / give them simple instructions / motivate to WIN (rather than not lose).

With the funds available a decent manager should not have difficulty improving us.

Now, all we have to do is find a manager who is better than previous/present.

That would not be hard to do.

Almost impossible for our Chair person who can’t be emptied and will not leave. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

17 minutes ago, Gards said:

why?  i was told Hearts being second wasn't relevant becuase Aberdeen had two games in hand.....which there was no guarantee they would have won.

Why doesn PTFCs position not have a relevance?

Why is it deemed to be 'argument' rather than opinion.  Jeez folks need to calm the feck down!

Because there is a massive difference between Aberdeen who were third in their league after 9 games, and Partick Thistle who were bottom of their league after 27 games.

Neilson left us in second place on 3rd December after having already been beaten by Celtic, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, as well as drawing with Aberdeen, Ross County, ICT, St Johnstone and Hamilton.

We’d also been turfed out the Europa League by the Maltese giants Birkirkara, and emptied out the league cup by St Johnstone.

Let’s not make out that Neilson was doing some tremendous job before he left. He was doing an ok job, nothing more.

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cannae beat an offucull manager oot thread! 

Cracking read. 

Not as good a read as your post saying we’d score 5 against RR’s, especially as we were getting beat at the time 😂😂😂

Governor Tarkin

Hearts have, with a few notable exceptions, been absolutely shite to follow since 2015 - Nheilson's first season out of the Championship. 

No style. No bottle. No naughty songs. No pavement dancing.

****ing shite.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Because there is a massive difference between Aberdeen who were third in their league after 9 games, and Partick Thistle who were bottom of their league after 27 games.

Neilson left us in second place on 3rd December after having already been beaten by Celtic, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, as well as drawing with Aberdeen, Ross County, ICT, St Johnstone and Hamilton.

We’d also been turfed out the Europa League by the Maltese giants Birkirkara, and emptied out the league cup by St Johnstone.

Let’s not make out that Neilson was doing some tremendous job before he left. He was doing an ok job, nothing more.

I think arguing with him is a bit of a Mission Impossible Mr Hunt. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think arguing with him is a bit of a Mission Impossible Mr Hunt. 

I think you’re right mate.

Hopefully his posts will self destruct in 10 seconds though 😂😂

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think you’re right mate.

Hopefully his posts will self destruct in 10 seconds though 😂😂

Hahahahaha 👍🏽🤞

We’ve lost more games in the league than Dunfermline, Dundee and Raith have.

the bonus is we haven’t drawn any. 
as long as we don’t draw we will go up but can we continue to do that ?

Edited by 1971fozzy

What angers me is Robbie says it’s a hamstring with Berra but he hopes he’ll alright for Tuesday. Berra, Halliday, Frear and probably a few others should never play for Hearts again. Robbie Neilson is well liked by the players and they all say how well they get on with him. It’s sounds like he’s their pal not their manager.

Dennis Reynolds
27 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

What angers me is Robbie says it’s a hamstring with Berra but he hopes he’ll alright for Tuesday. Berra, Halliday, Frear and probably a few others should never play for Hearts again. Robbie Neilson is well liked by the players and they all say how well they get on with him. It’s sounds like he’s their pal not their manager.

Playing Berra is bad enough but playing Berra with a dodgy hamstring is unforgivable.

Breaking h1b5

What happened to the topics of getting rid of yet another manager disaster?? He is taking us backwards more than potter. Thank you Anne Budge for yet another amazing football decision. I can't  thank you enough for all our hard earned cash you've wasted. Shut the door on the way out along with the rest of the wage thieves.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Off course yesterday was very disappointing but put it into perspective we're comfortably sitting top of the league and on course for our target of promotion 

9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The Hearts manager job is truly the easiest job in football. 

RN could lose the next 10 games in a row and she'd keep him

36 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Off course yesterday was very disappointing but put it into perspective we're comfortably sitting top of the league and on course for our target of promotion 

We should be a lot more comfortable.

I'm no calling for him put but he needs to improve this team and quickly. 

We've got no pace in middle of the park teams can just run through us . None of them ever get up and go beyond the strikers and are not much cope defensively 

Best keeper in the league by a country mile and pulls of cracking saves each week ,yet we've only managed 2 clean sheets in the league.

Winger's who struggle to beat men and out crossed in (ginelly apart but he needs to get himself back in as a starter)

Edited by jambocub

35 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We are not comfortable on top and if we carry on with Robbie we will come back down anyway. 

Best to make the move now and appoint a new manager. 

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Cannae beat an offucull manager oot thread! 

Cracking read. 

You really don’t half slaver more than a poachers dug.

Sometimes I wonder if you’re a Hobo on the wind up but then think, nah not even they would slaver as much crap.

Neilson was a piss poor, lazy and uninspired choice as manager in the summer. He took it as a safe gig as he had no idea how it would pan out in Premiership with United and unlike Dr Budge, their chairman would have no hesitation in pulling the trigger to get rid.

37 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We have a much bigger budget than Dundee Dunfermline and Raith but all 3 have beaten us this season. Our general performances over the piece has been very poor and I really don't see any improvement on last season given what we are up against this year. This man should never have been brought back to the club and yet again Budge has added to her growing list of poor decisions. I know it won't happen as long as we are top of the league but the sooner this guy is gone the better. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

We have a much bigger budget than Dundee Dunfermline and Raith but all 3 have beaten us this season. Our general performances over the piece has been very poor and I really don't see any improvement on last season given what we are up against this year. This man should never have been brought back to the club and yet again Budge has added to her growing list of poor decisions. I know it won't happen as long as we are top of the league but the sooner this guy is gone the better. 

Made point myself yesterday about losing to Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith aswell as alloa in cup but we sitting comfortably at top of league which aim this season

kingantti1874

Debate Robbie’s performance all you want.. call for his head Becuase yesterday wasn’t good enough..

anyone use the term phoodle is an absolute dick. Lending credibility to those absolute weapons who started that shit.

all it does is make me forget my rage and back the manager.

1 hour ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

What happened to the topics of getting rid of yet another maniager disaster?? He is taking us backwards more than potter. Thank you Anne Budge for yet another amazing football decision. I can't  thank you enough for all our hard earned cash you've wasted. Shut the door on the way out along with the rest of the wage thieves.

FTH

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I don’t think we will be comfortably at the top of the league after the next two or three games. Not unless we sign a midfielder and striker. 

Time will tell , yesterday and next 2 games this coming week are/were chance to take raith and dunfermline out the race and we've failed with first one

Brauhauser2012

Its really concerning how lethargic and slow the team has become. If we think back to that opening game against Dundee when we won 6-2 I think we were all hoping thats how the season was going to go but these teams we are playing are full of young and energetic players who are motivated and who are willing to work hard for 90 minutes. THey are up and at us from the first whistle. It took us far far too long to get going yesterday and we haven't learned our lessons from the 1-3 defeat to Dundee away. I think playing with one up front was a mistake. Hearts are crap with a sole striker.

Edited by Brauhauser2012

There's a trend in Europe where teams who sack their manager, despite sitting top of the league, finish second.

We've played some right honking stuff....but I dont advocate Neilson's sacking. 

Maybe players are not taking this league seriously enough

He needs to get them playing with more urgency from the kick off. Not waiting until were behind. When was the last game in which we gave it 100% for 90 minutes?

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

What happened to the topics of getting rid of yet another manager disaster?? He is taking us backwards more than potter. Thank you Anne Budge for yet another amazing football decision. I can't  thank you enough for all our hard earned cash you've wasted. Shut the door on the way out along with the rest of the wage thieves.

humped three nil yesterday

mods merge with Neilson out thread please

34 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Made point myself yesterday about losing to Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith aswell as alloa in cup but we sitting comfortably at top of league which aim this season

We should be aiming to be ready for the SPL next season.

Wiining the league should be a given, given we have 10x the resources/backing /facilities of all the other teams put together in this league.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

This time next weekend do you honestly think we will be 6 points clear and on course to win promotion?

24 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Your comfortable with us being beaten by two of the above very recently and with a double header with Raith and Dunfermline in the next 7 days I would say that with the crap Neilson is serving up at the moment your comfortable could  soon become very uncomfortable. The resources he has compared to all others is massive and yes I can accept that we were always going to lose the odd game I cannot accept the amount of losses so far when you consider the standard of this league is awful. Neilson is at best a championship manager which was proved when Ann tapped him up about coming back. Get a team promoted then come back down a league suggests to me he knows his level. Whilst I respect all are entitled to their opinion anyone relaxed with the way things are going on the field currently really isn't seeing the bigger picture. 

All the divs on here telling us how Robbie was gonna do this and that when he went to England and yet here he is back again.

Cheers Budge.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Breaking h1b5 said:

Potter is what CL is referred to as on vermin.net.  Why are you using this term on kickback?  Also Phoodle - come on, get a grip.  Sure we're all seething over yesterday's performance but there's no need to bring Hibs talk on here, unless....

45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Debate Robbie’s performance all you want.. call for his head Becuase yesterday wasn’t good enough..

anyone use the term phoodle is an absolute dick. Lending credibility to those absolute weapons who started that shit.

all it does is make me forget my rage and back the manager.

Good post, the phoodle thing is an embarrassment 😖 and it does,  indeed, take any credence from their argument.

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )