• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Good post.

Well it is until you realise that we've won 8 out of 9 games with these players.

In those 8 games we've won by one goal against Cowdenbeath. Caley x2, East Fife, and arbroath. I don't think we should be panicking but blindly basing our view of performances By results against teams who's ambitions are miles behind ours isn't constructive at all 

Edited by Aaron78

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Aaron78 said:

In those 8 games we've won by one goal against Cowdenbeath. Caley x2, East Fife, arbroath and 

So winning games by a goal does not count? 

Good news that, do we get a point for Fridays game then? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We must simply start having a ****ing go in games. I can’t watch another season of slow pedestrian football. 

We do need to move the ball faster. 

Possession with no end product is shite. 

Christ alive, 8 wins on the bounce including a derby semi final, one loss and the pitchforks come out. If these people are actually hearts fans I'll be astonished.

Tonight wasn't good enough, we know that. We have yet to hit top gear, we know that too. But it's one defeat. If it becomes a habit then it's a different matter. I mean FFS Liverpool took an absolute hammering from Aston Villa recently & Bayern Munich got skelped 4-1 by Hoffenheim. It's football, it happens, move on and put it right in the next game.

16 minutes ago, Maroon 1874 said:

Eh! ... one game!!!! one feckin game and it Ann's fault? ... get a *** grip man!

One game is it? What have you been watching for the last 4 years???

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

So winning games by a goal does not count? 

Good news that, do we get a point for Fridays game then? 

I didnt say that. I clearly posted by mistake before I had finished my sentence. Please revisit my comment and then I'm sure it makes more sense 👍

Edited by Aaron78

42 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

In a league that contains the standard of team that it has, we shouldn’t be dropping more than 8 points. First challenge and we’ve been beat. It’s embarrassing how much the standards amongst the fans has dropped and how much we just accept pish. 

I said this on another thread but I take it you would be happy to win the league and only drop 8 points 

I'd bet that 3 of those points would be lost away to Dunfermline in your mind.

14 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

In those 8 games we've won by one goal against Cowdenbeath. Caley x2, East Fife, and arbroath. I don't think we should be panicking but blindly basing our view of performances By results against teams who's ambitions are miles behind ours isn't constructive at all 

If we finish the season having won an average of 8 games out of 9 we will probably have had one of the best seasons in our history. I suppose some will then start moaning as bout how we only won some of the games by a single goal.

No urgency till the last ten, way to late, why he let Frear come out for the second half is a mystery.  The players strolled about most of the game thinking they are the dogs, lazy with the wrong attitude. I hope they get a boot up the arse.

Bazzas right boot

Sack every *****. 

I'm in, pay every employee off then get rid of our financial safety net by binning Ann. It's a good time to get a mystery American owner in and we can get all new players, nice shiney ones in January, historically it's a good window for clubs to rebuild an entire team. 

Last time Robbie left we went from strength to strength, hopefully we can do even better backed by a mysterious foreign owner. Now't can go wrong there. 

SectionDJambo
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's good to see there has been no overreaction to our first defeat of the season. 

Trouble is that the team’s performance was no surprise.

We haven’t been winning convincingly, which always runs a risk of being found out by a team that does simple things, through a lack of quality, and tries harder.

I still think we’ll go on to win this league by a fair margin but our team need to galvanise themselves into realising that other teams will make it hard, and we have a shortened season, making it harder to recover from poor performances.

We have been buggered about all summer long. Our players should be reacting to that and giving out retribution.

Saw this had three pages. Laughed. Anyone who doesn't think we'll walk this league is weird.  We will. By a long shot.  We'll have players who'll be fit to play two games in a week.  We have players who are just better. We have players who are so good that they can play for their country. We are just better than everyone else. They might win once in a while but not outright. We're just better. 

Anyone who worries about tonight should worry about themself. We'll lost games. We'll win a lot more. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Trouble is that the team’s performance was no surprise.

We haven’t been winning convincingly, which always runs a risk of being found out by a team that does simple things, through a lack of quality, and tries harder.

I still think we’ll go on to win this league by a fair margin but our team need to galvanise themselves into realising that other teams will make it hard, and we have a shortened season, making it harder to recover from poor performances.

We have been buggered about all summer long. Our players should be reacting to that and giving out retribution.

All fair. 

Just now, graygo said:

If we finish the season having won an average of 8 games out of 9 we will probably have had one of the best seasons in our history. I suppose some will then start moaning as bout how we only won some of the games by a single goal.

We've won 3 out of 4 in the league. It's a decent start, not perfect, but not terrible. The 8 out of 9 wins isn't a fair baseline for future performance in the league as current form is based upon playing against teams in leagues below us. If we get to the unprecedented point where at the end of the season we've won every 8 out of 9 games then any hearts fans who criticise the team clearly need to sort themselves out. That's not the current situation though is it, so maybe you should concentrate on responding to that instead of inventing scenarios that haven't happened 👍

magicjohnston

8 wins on the trot, and one loss and we get this shite. This is the kick up the arse we need.

Neilson won't accept this nonsense performance (not saying he accepts no criticism for Tonight), but I'm expecting a bit turnaround from now on. Most of the shite bags from levein's reign still here, so I'm not expecting miracles, get us up and a tonne of these impostors will be gone, and neilson will have a clean slate to work with.

Tonight was a blip, the ultimate plan still has some time to go.

Not saying Neilson isn’t the man and I do believe he will do a good job for us but can’t dispute that so far the football has been piss poor, especially for some of the money boys at Hearts are on.  Whether thats down to the players or managers is anyones guess.

2 hours ago, S Form said:

A lot of revisionism re Stendel. Granted he beat Hibs and Rangers but at no point did he have us playing good football. In fact, in most of the games he was in charge we were absolutely dreadful.

Don't agree with that most games we controlled possession, and had us playing far better football than levein or Robbie did. 

I didn't want him either but it's crazy to get too mad at him at this stage.

His signings still look very ropey even at a lower level and he still hasn't addressed the lack of creativity and poor midfield.

Away performances are also a massive concern.

All we can do is get behind the guy because he's clearly going nowhere. 

Barring a complete disaster, he should at least get this season. 

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Don't agree with that most games we controlled possession, and had us playing far better football than levein or Robbie did. 

Off the top of my head, we were shite in the home games against St Johnstone, Hamilton and Motherwell, while those at the St Mirren match report that it was one of the worst Hearts performances they’d seen in years. We played for a half in the away game against St Johnstone, but still needed a last minute equaliser. In what games did we play good football?

6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Is the fence painful? 

Do you genuinely think a fan can only criticise a manager, or say they are not good enough, if they have a list of their own preferred candidates?

i am not saying he should be replaced, but if I ever get to that stage, I won’t be writing down a lit of replacements before I say so.  

A_A wehatethehibs

In my opinion the 'we have a premiership squad' narrative is rubbish and now after a loss folk are waking up to that, we've got a patched together rag tag squad with Boyce, Naismith, Berra, Smith, Souttar, Walker, Haring, Halkett, Lee absorbing probably 75% of Neilson's wage budget which is why he's only been able to get mostly bargain basement signings like Roberts Popescu and Frear plus his 2 'ok on paper' signings Halliday and Kingsley. IMO I'd probably empty all of the big earners and start again if it were me. Spinal surgery is required on this squad 

Neilson's job is to get this patched together rag tag group of Levein-era softies, crocks and slowcoaches on big wages to scrape prmotion for us alongside his bargain basement signings, that is abundantly clear after our first 4 games. There'll be no strolling it this season but I think we'll have enough to get over the line. 

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Before the season started every club in Scotland outside Celtic and Rangers would have had Boyce as their main striker.   We didn’t need to sign another one.  

they would all have been wrong. He has been massively disappointing. He wants to play 10, so does Naismith, So does Walker .. 

1 defeat in 9, cup final next month and the plane is being wheeled out of the hangar.

RN should have stayed at Dundee Utd.

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they would all have been wrong. He has been massively disappointing. He wants to play 10, so does Naismith, So does Walker .. 

Yep, big problem. The sickening thing is the 3 of them are on more wages than probably the entire Dunfermline squad. Hope Neilson can find some way to fit them together. Not an easy problem to inherit. 

6 hours ago, alanjambo said:

Saw this had three pages. Laughed. Anyone who doesn't think we'll walk this league is weird.  We will. By a long shot.  We'll have players who'll be fit to play two games in a week.  We have players who are just better. We have players who are so good that they can play for their country. We are just better than everyone else. They might win once in a while but not outright. We're just better. 

Anyone who worries about tonight should worry about themself. We'll lost games. We'll win a lot more. 

We may win the league but performance and results - one aside - show we will never walk it with this collection of players made up from a group who had us bottom of the SPL after 30 games and a new influx of substandard gambles. 

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Not a fan.

Bland unimaginative football. 

He will get us up no question but I’ll not be rushing back to watch.

27 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

1 defeat in 9, cup final next month and the plane is being wheeled out of the hangar.

RN should have stayed at Dundee Utd.

👍🏻

Ernie Eskilsson

Only one defeat but several poor performances where Gordon has saved us. Worrying tendencies from Robbie include picking poor journeymen rather than our youngsters (just like Levein), not seeing that Naismith has been rubbish for the last year, or that Lee can’t play DM or that Naismith and Boyce is a poor combination or that Halliday, Roberts and Frear just don’t look good enough. After the game he said ‘one was a deflection and the other came from a free kick, that can happen sometimes’. In reality we could’ve been 4-0 down before we scored. If he thinks that defeat was unlucky he’s on another planet.

Robbie will get the league win but the player need to realise they need to put an effort in! 

last season we kept saying it will be fine, we won’t get relegated. We can’t afford to say it will be fine we will the league, the players need to put the words into action. 

take last night as a reality check & react to it. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

Only one defeat but several poor performances where Gordon has saved us. Worrying tendencies from Robbie include picking poor journeymen rather than our youngsters (just like Levein), not seeing that Naismith has been rubbish for the last year, or that Lee can’t play DM or that Naismith and Boyce is a poor combination or that Halliday, Roberts and Frear just don’t look good enough. After the game he said ‘one was a deflection and the other came from a free kick, that can happen sometimes’. In reality we could’ve been 4-0 down before we scored. If he thinks that defeat was unlucky he’s on another planet.

Henderson shite, Brandon shite, Moore seems to have vanished into thin air, McDonald binned, Cochrane binned, Irving offered nothing so far this season vs Lee's 4 or 5 assists... Who are these golden generation youngsters Neilson should be picking? 

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's good to see there has been no overreaction to our first defeat of the season. 

It's also good to see Smith's right slaver making excuses for utter dross as per usual.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's also good to see Smith's right slaver making excuses for utter dross as per usual.

What excuses? 

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Not a fan.

Bland unimaginative football. 

He will get us up no question but I’ll not be rushing back to watch.

Oh naw, please stay, don't go In the huff. 

Ernie Eskilsson
40 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Henderson shite, Brandon shite, Moore seems to have vanished into thin air, McDonald binned, Cochrane binned, Irving offered nothing so far this season vs Lee's 4 or 5 assists... Who are these golden generation youngsters Neilson should be picking? 

I’d play those youngsters before Halliday, White, Frear or Roberts any day. Money wasted on journeymen who add nothing in terms of quality. And I like Lee but his assists don’t mean he can defend. 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What excuses? 

The excuse you are for a Hearts fan.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

I’d play those youngsters before Halliday, White, Frear or Roberts any day. Money wasted on journeymen who add nothing in terms of quality. And I like Lee but his assists don’t mean he can defend. 

:lol: good thing you're not the manager or we'd be heading for league 1 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

That makes no sense, explain?

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Tbf he only wanted hibs to win the cup, cut him some slag , guv. 🤣

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Called it, 1 defeat and folk would genuinely turn against Robbie. 

you appear to be saying this like it was a piece of astute insight 

it is blindingly obvious that a significant number of fans strongly disagree with neilson being manager and he will get absolutely no leeway from them over and above them there’s the ones who call him phoodle

Queen Ann is well in touch with her customer base and has obviously factored this in so try not to get upset about it

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What excuses? 

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:wtfvlad:

7 hours ago, graygo said:

We only beat Dundee by four, should have been many more. Poor show in first game set the tone 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

you appear to be saying this like it was a piece of astute insight 

it is blindingly obvious that a significant number of fans strongly disagree with neilson being manager and he will get absolutely no leeway from them over and above them there’s the ones who call him phoodle

Queen Ann is well in touch with her customer base and has obviously factored this in so try not to get upset about it

I'm not upset. 

I do find it alarming and hilarious in equal measure  the reaction of some to a defeat. 

Not upset tho, football rarely "upsets" me. 

Maybe queen Ann has, maybe her appointments are a subtle way of pissing of a certain amount of our support ( the plane hiring, bed sheet, graffiti type) in the hope they **** off and don't come back. 

Maybe she's that fiendishly clever. 

Who knows?

He was a meh appointment for me but other than fear I wouldn't of put a different team out last night. As soon as seen the line up I thought comfortable win here tonight (just didn't see it being for dunfermline). Players let him down last night. We should been way to strong for them. 

He was the wrong appointment but there's no point moaning every week now when we lose. It's done now so might as well just suffer along in silence and hope he can get us back up again at the first time of asking.

complete control
42 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Hearts cheerleader

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )