Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Ethan Hunt
58 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Pretty sure it was Cathro that Levein passed notes to and went into the changing rooms not Neilson.

You are correct. Brain fart by me. Got my incompetent managers mixed up 🤦‍♂️

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

davemclaren
35 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Wait a minute!!  Someone posted an email from the FOH with the FOH saying how excited they were at next seasons plans!!  Surely that can’t be more bullshit? Surely the plans will be exciting? Won’t they?  

Na, probably not, more bullshit from an organisation who seem to believe any old shite Budge tells them.

It’s only polite to wait and see them before tearing them to shreds. 😂

ScottieMac17
13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You are correct. Brain fart by me. Got my incompetent managers mixed up 🤦‍♂️

Easily done... They all blend into one after a while hahaha

34 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Wait a minute!!  Someone posted an email from the FOH with the FOH saying how excited they were at next seasons plans!!  Surely that can’t be more bullshit? Surely the plans will be exciting? Won’t they?  

Na, probably not, more bullshit from an organisation who seem to believe any old shite Budge tells them.

Dismissed that when I heard it. The only exciting plan would be getting rid of ykw.

Strange, too, that this fan owned set up, which was supposed to protect us against one person calling the shots with impunity, hasn't.

We still have an owner making poor decisions, like we have had in the past, and still have no real voice.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Tearing who to shreds?

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why wait though, dave.

If there are indeed exciting plans for the Summer that will get us all enthused, then spill.

Why the mystery and why, if this is supposed to be a brave new world of fan ownership, are we being kept in the dark?

At best, we're being treated like children, at worst, gullible simpletons.

Not having a go at you, dave, btw. 👍

Edited by martoon

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The exciting plans. 

Wonder if they’re going to be plans over multiple years. Say 5 years 😮

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

1st bad pass next season and Neilson and Budge will be turned on.

Relationship cannot be repaired imo.

The relationship will certainly be repaired if we have a great season next year.  If we have a good season next year, top 3 or 4 and decent cup runs, I'd say the relationship would be on the mend for many.  Enjoy your booing of the first pass, if you choose to! Fans can and should act how they want. 

davemclaren
Just now, martoon said:

Why wait though, dave.

If there are indeed exciting plans for the Summer that will get us all enthused, then spill.

Why the mystery and why, if this is supposed to be a brave new world of fan ownership, are we being kept in the dark?

At best, we're being treated like children, at worst, gullible simpletons.

I don’t recall reading the quote but presumably, whatever the exciting plans are, haven’t been firmed up yet. I would expect something to be announced alongside the season ticket launch. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Wonder if they’re going to be plans over multiple years. Say 5 years 😮

Maybe. 😜

Just now, davemclaren said:

I don’t recall reading the quote but presumably, whatever the exciting plans are, haven’t been firmed up yet. I would expect something to be announced alongside the season ticket launch. 

It's going to have to be pretty spectacular to get the majority of the support back onside. 

Not sure how possible that's going to be while Boaber's part of those plans.

As added in edit, dave, not having a go at you. 😊

2 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

If Hibs win the cup it's down to Neilson and Budge? Really? Ffs

At least we mounted a decent challenge to stop them winning it. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

If Hibs win the cup it's down to Neilson and Budge? Really? Ffs

well hibs beat Stranraer who in turn beat Brora.  I don’t need to remind you of who beat Hearts.  

Now I know it would maybe not have worked out exactly like that for a number of reasons but the real problem is that hibs winning the cup would re-highlight our utter failure against Brora, and Ann Budge’s tolerance of that utter failure.

siegementality
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The exciting plans. 

Oh come on! We’ve had the exciting 5 year plan, the exciting new stand plan, they’ve either completely bombed, or been miles over cost.

To be honest I no longer trust this board to deliver anything ‘exciting’. They’ve presided over a period when they have had more money than at any other time in our history, yet we have regressed.

One thing I do know is that the ‘exciting plans’ will cost the fans money. This board always costs the fans money. All this board is concerned about is money. Our money allows them to make piss poor decisions at no financial cost to themselves. Nothing exciting about that.

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s the lack of passion he sends his teams out with.

It’s his belief that his pointless slow possession based non threatening football means anything 

it’s his constant excuses and refusal to shoulder the responsibility for anything

its is inability to learn from his mistakes in the transfer market

its his dull monotone uninspiring voice

its his acceptance of mediocrity

its his refusal to learn from his mistakes. E.g constant tinkering and inability to learn that playing players out of position is a bad idea

its his unbelievably predictable tactics despite the tinkering.

it’s his dismissive attitude towards criticism 

When people say he won’t change - it’s that they recognise he a manager of limited ability. He isn’t going to get any better - he is what he is. He is no better than tinpot managers at tinpot teams all across the country. He’s a man out of his depth 

Good post. 

Many nails getting hit on the head there. 

The Mighty Thor
38 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exciting plans to tie in with ST launch you say? 🤔

Free dessert when you leave a 5 star Skyline review on trip advisor?

Maybe it'll be a raft of injury prone journeymen to fire us into Europe?

Upwards projectory!

davemclaren
17 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Oh come on! We’ve had the exciting 5 year plan, the exciting new stand plan, they’ve either completely bombed, or been miles over cost.

To be honest I no longer trust this board to deliver anything ‘exciting’. They’ve presided over a period when they have had more money than at any other time in our history, yet we have regressed.

One thing I do know is that the ‘exciting plans’ will cost the fans money. This board always costs the fans money. All this board is concerned about is money. Our money allows them to make piss poor decisions at no financial cost to themselves. Nothing exciting about that.

I’ve no great expection of anything particularly exciting, especially as I can’t remember the context around the quote and most ‘exciting plans’ tend not to be in my experience. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Exciting plans to tie in with ST launch you say? 🤔

Free dessert when you leave a 5 star Skyline review on trip advisor?

Maybe it'll be a raft of injury prone journeymen to fire us into Europe?

Upwards projectory!

The desserts were nice actually but who knows. 

OldGorgie
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

There should be enormous pressure on budge and neilson if hibs win the cup again on their watch.  They will ignore it however and we run an enormous risk of being lukewarm at best again next season.

The line that the Alloa and Brora debacles didn't matter because the league was our focus is utterly derisory.

Touch of maturity needed . If Hubz win the cup it’s because the other clubs were crap, it’s the Hearts players who effed up against Brora not Budge. Few players if any broke sweat in that game. A large part of our squad are lazy barstewards.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said that was my aim,  I said he'd be sacked for not being top 6. 

Top 6 is RN’s aim.....Top 4 used to AB’s aim.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Top 6 is RN’s aim.....Top 4 used to AB’s aim.

I think being 4th is the top 6 tbh.

The Bobmeister was 3rd on promotion last time I am sure he is confident of repeating the trick even if some of the fans are shitting the bed at the thought  playing the top flight heavy weights next season.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think being 4th is the top 6 tbh.

The Bobmeister was 3rd on promotion last time I am sure he is confident of repeating the trick even if some of the fans are shitting the bed at the thought  playing the top flight heavy weights next season.

6th is Top 6......but it isn’t Top 4 tbh.

gordiegords
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Again, who set the top 6 aim?  Was this a mutual agreement by Budge and Neilson? Or Budge’s low standards and ambition forwarded to Neilson?......  

Or, have we again got the management telling the board what to expect?

This is what a hell of a lot of Hearts fans talk about when they say everything has to come from the top.  The push in standards, the expectancy laid out for the manager to aspire to....but it’s worrying though if the person at the top isn’t driving those standards above and beyond and simply accepting “getting by” on the park.  

This is when the management get no pressure put on them. A grey area of accountability. 

Spot on, they will be pleased with 6th, target met. Well done Robbie.

Edited by gordiegords

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

6th is Top 6......but it isn’t Top 4 tbh.

1st-6th place is top 6.

Silvery_Moon
6 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Agreed. Robbie won't be going anywhere for a long time. 

Cba moaning about it anymore.

Passion for the club is draining from me more with every passing day. 

Not been on here as much recently as I've been bored into not caring as much as I should. 

I'm in this boat too. 

Total apathy has set in and I suspect there is a sizeable portion of the support that feel the same. 

Carrying on with the status quo is a miserable prospect but unfortunately is what we are stuck with. 

Silvery_Moon
9 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Spot on, they will be pleased with 6th, target met. Well done Robbie.

Indeed. Going out both cups with a whimper won't matter as the 'target' will have been met. 

That losers mentality just won't cut it with a portion of the support. 

frankblack
20 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Indeed. Going out both cups with a whimper won't matter as the 'target' will have been met. 

What makes you think that even with another manager in place and a limited budget we would achieve much more than top six?  Our squad is nowhere near as good as you think it is.

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What makes you think that even with another manager in place and a limited budget we would achieve much more than top six?  Our squad is nowhere near as good as you think it is.

9 million wage budget. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Who’s fault is that? Neilson signed 13 players .

that aside he probably thinks it’s becuase Robbie neilson is a boring, uninspiring tactically naive dullard 

frankblack
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

9 million wage budget. 

Are you sure about that? It wasn't long ago our turnover was only about £8m.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Are you sure about that? It wasn't long ago our turnover was only about £8m.

The shills will be able to confirm it surely. 

We'll have a similar budget to Hibs and Aberdeen next season. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Who’s fault is that? Neilson signed 13 players .

The squad we finished bottom with wasn't fit to start the championship.  I can't be arsed going over the players, as that argument has been done to death.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

that aside he probably thinks it’s becuase Robbie neilson is a boring, uninspiring tactically naive dullard 

The point is, can you really expect Robbie or a new manager to come in and take more or less the same players much higher than top six?  I think our budget is going to be restrained due to the pandemic.

Greedy Jambo

St Johnstone are 5th, have won a cup and are in another cup final. 

What do you think their budget looks like compared to ours? 

It's ridiculous to question if another manager could do better than finishing 6th. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The squad we finished bottom with wasn't fit to start the championship.  I can't be arsed going over the players, as that argument has been done to death.

The point is, can you really expect Robbie or a new manager to come in and take more or less the same players much higher than top six?  I think our budget is going to be restrained due to the pandemic.

yes I would expect a better manager with the 3rd biggest wage bill in the country, with a doubt like Gordon, Souttar, Haring, Kingsley, GMS and Boyce to do better than 6th. 

there isn’t a team in the league outside of Glasgow who wouldn’t take those players. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

It's ridiculous to question if another manager could do better than finishing 6th. 

30% of our budget at best 

41 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I'm in this boat too. 

Total apathy has set in and I suspect there is a sizeable portion of the support that feel the same. 

Carrying on with the status quo is a miserable prospect but unfortunately is what we are stuck with. 

I've regained a fair bit of enthusiasm due to the players seeming to get much better towards then end of the season.  That enthusiasm will revert to outright anger if we are rubbish at the end of September.

Budge and neilson are very much on notice.  The season just completed was shambolic despite the league win

frankblack
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yes, but their squad is clearly better than ours and was built over time.  We aren't going to change ours overnight and get any momentum.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, frankblack said:

Yes, but their squad is clearly better than ours and was built over time.  We aren't going to change ours overnight and get any momentum.

How long did it take Steve Clarke to build his Kilmarnock squad? 

Looking forward to neilson signing another horde of shite players this transfer window, then probably getting january to waste even more cash on another bundle of shite players.  Then we’ll sack him about a year later than we should’ve.  Finish 10th in the league and budge will release a statement saying its a brilliant achievement to remain in the notoriously difficult top division.  Depressingly possible. 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yes I would expect a better manager with the 3rd biggest wage bill in the country, with a doubt like Gordon, Souttar, Haring, Kingsley, GMS and Boyce to do better than 6th. 

there isn’t a team in the league outside of Glasgow who wouldn’t take those players. 

Souttar and Haring were only match fit in the last few games, and  GMS took ages to find his feet.  We have a number of positions that are just not strong enough - central defence, full backs, midfield, wingers and a need for another striker to challenge.

Hectormasson
44 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

A large portion I'd expect m8, many more would be going if certain people weren't  at the club,if 16/17 k is accepted as a best gate people running the club should move on ,hearts even competing top 4 regular and playing stylish football sb

Would get the 20k  and more if there was more seats....

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

competent manager gets players to play better shock. 😆

did any out players improve under Robbie 😆

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Souttar and Haring were only match fit in the last few games, and  GMS took ages to find his feet.  We have a number of positions that are just not strong enough - central defence, full backs, midfield, wingers and a need for another striker to challenge.

maybe some of the 13 players he signed should have been better. 

or maybe he should do his job and improve to ones we have 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think he inherited a decent team that were well coached to begin with, but didn't give McCulloch the time.  Clark got the benefits, but you will find many examples of the same circumstances where it doesn't.

Unknown user
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

competent manager gets players to play better shock. 😆

did any out players improve under Robbie 😆

Henderson? Boyce?

Greedy Jambo
Just now, frankblack said:

I think he inherited a decent team that were well coached to begin with, but didn't give McCulloch the time.  Clark got the benefits, but you will find many examples of the same circumstances where it doesn't.

I think you're just full of excuses mate, a bit like Neilson. 

frankblack
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

maybe some of the 13 players he signed should have been better. 

or maybe he should do his job and improve to ones we have 

Sure, some of the 13 players signed should have been better, but that is what happens when you are trying to cover so many positions and don't have a chance to see them play as all leagues were shut down.