Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we finish 6th we’ll get a mission accomplished statement from our chair.  If we avoid relegation we’ll get excuses galore and the focus will quickly shift to fans unacceptable behaviour, nasty emails etc.  If we get relegated then nobody has a better record of getting out of the championship than Robbie.

The thing is though, well IMO obviously, if we finish top 6 next season after the decline we have been in over the past few years would be progress. Like it or not but the teams in the top 4 positions are probably going to be there again, we could potentially get in the mix for one of they positions but again, IMO that would be a surprise but what we should be aiming for is at minimum top 6 and build on it for the following seasons. I know that won’t please a lot of people on here but it’s realistic under the circumstances we have found ourselves in these past few seasons. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Riccarton3
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we finish 6th we’ll get a mission accomplished statement from our chair.  If we avoid relegation we’ll get excuses galore and the focus will quickly shift to fans unacceptable behaviour, nasty emails etc.  If we get relegated then nobody has a better record of getting out of the championship than Robbie.

The last one won't be used. He would be removed. The others, yes.  

Just now, jamtartan74 said:

The thing is though, well IMO obviously, if we finish top 6 next season after the decline we have been in over the past few years would be progress. Like it or not but the teams in the top 4 positions are probably going to be there again, we could potentially get in the mix for one of they positions but again, IMO that would be a surprise but what we should be aiming for is at minimum top 6 and build on it for the following seasons. I know that won’t please a lot of people on here but it’s realistic under the circumstances we have found ourselves in these past few seasons. 

If nothing else, I consider myself a realist. RN is going nowhere and I’d bite your hand off for 6th right now. I think a better manager, considering our resources, would be in the European places but that is unprovable and we are where we are. 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

The last one won't be used. He would be removed. The others, yes.  

The last one wasn’t entirely serious. 

Riccarton3
Just now, GinRummy said:

The last one wasn’t entirely serious. 

This no time for levity 🙂

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

This no time for levity 🙂

Agree. We’ll make light of things at the end of his contract. Only 2 years to go. ☹️

Robbie should have been sacked at brora and not allowed on team bus back to edinburgh.

next season a repeat of craig levein, sacked before xmas then take ages  to find new

manager who will then lead fight against relegation,hopefully with better ending,

jamtartan74
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If nothing else, I consider myself a realist. RN is going nowhere and I’d bite your hand off for 6th right now. I think a better manager, considering our resources, would be in the European places but that is unprovable and we are where we are. 

Well I think we all know that he’s going nowhere for now so the new manager would have us in Europe chat is pointless and completely unprovable as you have said already, he could have us qualify for Europe next season and folk would still want him gone anyway. Nobody gives people time anymore to turn things round, he’s made mistakes (Brora, Alloa amongst others) but he’s going nowhere so I will get behind him and the team and hope for a great season ahead, isn’t that what a supporter is meant to do? (Not aimed at you btw 👍🏻)

1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

Well I think we all know that he’s going nowhere for now so the new manager would have us in Europe chat is pointless and completely unprovable as you have said already, he could have us qualify for Europe next season and folk would still want him gone anyway. Nobody gives people time anymore to turn things round, he’s made mistakes (Brora, Alloa amongst others) but he’s going nowhere so I will get behind him and the team and hope for a great season ahead, isn’t that what a supporter is meant to do? (Not aimed at you btw 👍🏻)

Certainly hoping for a great season. 

21 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Your spot on and why Cathro isn’t still manager is bang out of order. Yes jamtartan74 Ann Budge had a 5 year plan well that’s no where long enough 10 years should be the minimum. This chopping and changing managers just because they’re useless and are wanted out by 95% plus of the support is ridiculous. If only people like you jamtartan74 were in control we’d be flying.  🤓

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Nah, below the top 6 will result in a sacking. 

Ethan Hunt
44 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Aye, let’s all just put up with Neilson because Budge - whose decision making has been found to be sound, not! - is clueless about football and is completely out of touch with the support.

The Grim Reaper
7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Aye, let’s all just put up with Neilson because Budge - whose decision making has been found to be sound, not! - is clueless about football and is completely out of touch with the support.

Shut up and pay your money. 

jambonian
Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

The message is simply... get your wallets out and stop whinging. In otherwords....put up and shut up!. (And smile while you're at it).

Hashimoto
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Bite your hand off for 6th place!!!!.....Gawd, what has happened to the Hearts support? Symtomatic of the unambitious bunch currently in charge at Hearts.

Imagine biting your hand off to finish behind Hibs, Livvy, Aberdeen, not mentioning the OF.....

I'm  realist as well.....We should be aiming to finish best of the rest, which means 3rd place every season, with European football, and decent cup runs.....Anything else is failure.....  

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, below the top 6 will result in a sacking. 

What a lofty height to aim at.......

It was only 2 years ago we used see outside the Top 4 was a failure.

4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Bite your hand off for 6th place!!!!.....Gawd, what has happened to the Hearts support? Symtomatic of the unambitious bunch currently in charge at Hearts.

Imagine biting your hand off to finish behind Hibs, Livvy, Aberdeen, not mentioning the OF.....

I'm  realist as well.....We should be aiming to finish best of the rest, which means 3rd place every season, with European football, and decent cup runs.....Anything else is failure.....  

Unachievable under RN imo. 

jambonian
Just now, Hashimoto said:

Acceptance rather than ambition seems the norm now.

The way i see it, a club like St Johnstone with virtually no income (particularly in comparison to Hearts) have another potential Cup Final to look forward to.....on a shoestring. 

In the past, the Old Firm was where we tried to target ourselves, get in about them as much as possible and if you can't split them, finish third behind them. Standards are now to look at Hibs and Aberdeen, clubs you'd never even give much thought over. We now have to try and match them at best but signing Poundlanders could and probably will make that a bit more difficult. Next down the line is clubs with little fan-base. The St Johnstone's and Livingston's of this world. Yes, Dundee and Dundee Utd have a better fan-base, more income (normally) coming in than the likes of those but Utd have also just become another acceptance club, a club that regularly competed in Europe that are now just happy to be in the Premier with no realistic targets set, apart from not being relegated. We're on the same slippery slope and until things change for the better a couple or so years down the line, it's just something we have to accept (or put up with)

jamtartan74
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Your spot on and why Cathro isn’t still manager is bang out of order. Yes jamtartan74 Ann Budge had a 5 year plan well that’s no where long enough 10 years should be the minimum. This chopping and changing managers just because they’re useless and are wanted out by 95% plus of the support is ridiculous. If only people like you jamtartan74 were in control we’d be flying.  🤓

Spot on 👍🏻 😁

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, qferryjam said:

So basically the only competitions we have a chance of winning ,the cups , are now put to one side while Neilson is at the club 

Certainly not what I am suggesting just the opposite. However balance out against League positions with him, I don't see it all as negative. 

Yet another confrontational response though which is a theme unless you choose to be completely negative on this thread 

NANOJAMBO
2 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Eh?

This isn't about Neilson (not) getting time to turn things around. This is about a hopeless manager, hopeless results, hopeless performances , players in the media on a weekly basis apologizing and finally a manger who clearly wasn't getting buy-in from his own players to the point he stopped blaming pitches/the weather and said "there will be changes nest season". On the back of all that we're supposed to be having a love-in with him  because he's now got Haring & Souttar back and it's all rosy in the Tynecastle garden at last. 

You talk about getting behind the team - is this the same team that weren't behind Neilson and who are getting emptied ?  Or is it the new super-improved Hearts ? 

I can't wait for him to be gone. 

The Grim Reaper
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Eh?

This isn't about Neilson (not) getting time to turn things around. This is about a hopeless manager, hopeless results, hopeless performances , players in the media on a weekly basis apologizing and finally a manger who clearly wasn't getting buy-in from his own players to the point he stopped blaming pitches/the weather and said "there will be changes nest season". On the back of all that we're supposed to be having a love-in with him  because he's now got Haring & Souttar back and it's all rosy in the Tynecastle garden at last. 

You talk about getting behind the team - is this the same team that weren't behind Neilson and who are getting emptied ?  Or is it the new super-improved Hearts ? 

We are stuck with Neilson until Ann’s been paid her £3M back. 

Next season will be another waste of everyone’s time. 

jamtartan74
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Eh?

Have a lovely summer crying into your cornflakes or anything of your choice, he’s here and not going anywhere so deal with it, or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

NANOJAMBO
Just now, The Grim Reaper said:

We are stuck with Neilson until Ann’s been paid her £3M back. 

Next season will be another waste of everyone’s time. 

Two things I have been saying on this thread for weeks. 

NANOJAMBO
Just now, jamtartan74 said:

Have a lovely summer crying into your cornflakes or anything of your choice, he’s here and not going anywhere so deal with it, or not 🤷🏻‍♂️

WTF are you talking about ? :rofl:

I'm long passed giving a shit about Neilson & Budge in particular.   🤷‍♂️

Enjoy !!

jamtartan74
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

WTF are you talking about ? :rofl:

I'm long passed giving a shit about Neilson & Budge in particular.   🤷‍♂️

Enjoy !!

Glad to hear it 😁

likewise !!

Gordon Ramsay
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed. Robbie won't be going anywhere for a long time. 

Cba moaning about it anymore.

Passion for the club is draining from me more with every passing day. 

Not been on here as much recently as I've been bored into not caring as much as I should. 

The Grim Reaper
9 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Agreed. Robbie won't be going anywhere for a long time. 

Cba moaning about it anymore.

Passion for the club is draining from me more with every passing day. 

Not been on here as much recently as I've been bored into not caring as much as I should. 

I’m the same. It’s utterly depressing. 

2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Quite surprised tbh, with your name and avatar you always struck me as one of life's natural optimists.

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

The thought of them lifting the cup while Anne and Robbie bleat on about the achievement of winning the Championship makes me sick. 

We have absolutely no standards and no one is held accountable for anything. 

Anyway I said I wasn't going to moan so I'll put our joke of a club to the back of my mind where it belongs. 

The Grim Reaper
4 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Quite surprised tbh, with your name and avatar you always struck me as one of life's natural optimists.

Touche 🙃

3 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

The thought of them lifting the cup while Anne and Robbie bleat on about the achievement of winning the Championship makes me sick. 

Anyway I said I wasn't going to moan so I'll put our joke of a club to the back of my mind where it belongs. 

The last few seasons have been sickening.  

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Next season promises very little, either.

That's what depresses me. The unshakeable fear that it's already a write off.

No crystal ball, of course, but the dreadful performances, awful tactics, mind numbingly boring football and shocking results suggest it's likely.

kingantti1874
18 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

What is it then? As I say every time, I find him vanilla. Could be better could be worse. 

I understand frustration, just not the level of, and going back to last night's response, November was a bit early, considering how positive December was in performances. 

I think a point conveniently forgotten, we were a Championship club, not many folk would have been interested, maybe still wouldn't,  and what can we realistically afford under circumstances, are Hearts a career risk?

So many aspects to simply dismissing, even after a couple of nightmares,  Alloa in the League Cup I bugged me more than Brora in truth. 

I was less than thralled probably surprised he returned. Anyhow hes staying, look forward to the day we go and get ahead of the other's, meantime maybe Steady Eddie, League anyway, is as good as it gets 

it’s the lack of passion he sends his teams out with.

It’s his belief that his pointless slow possession based non threatening football means anything 

it’s his constant excuses and refusal to shoulder the responsibility for anything

its is inability to learn from his mistakes in the transfer market

its his dull monotone uninspiring voice

its his acceptance of mediocrity

its his refusal to learn from his mistakes. E.g constant tinkering and inability to learn that playing players out of position is a bad idea

its his unbelievably predictable tactics despite the tinkering.

it’s his dismissive attitude towards criticism 

When people say he won’t change - it’s that they recognise he a manager of limited ability. He isn’t going to get any better - he is what he is. He is no better than tinpot managers at tinpot teams all across the country. He’s a man out of his depth 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

What a lofty height to aim at.......

It was only 2 years ago we used see outside the Top 4 was a failure.

Never said that was my aim,  I said he'd be sacked for not being top 6. 

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Never said that was my aim,  I said he'd be sacked for not being top 6. 

Which is a lovely comfort blanket for him.

13 minutes ago, martoon said:

No crystal ball, of course, but the dreadful performances, awful tactics, mind numbingly boring football and shocking results suggest it's likely.

He’s not good enough. That will become apparent to everyone but at the cost of another sub par season. 🙁

Hectormasson
40 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A lot more sickening if they f.....s manage to win it, saying that FTh......and hope st Johnstone get through and f...k them make it a good summer for the fans ....

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s his belief that his pointless slow possession based non threatening football means anything 

it’s his constant excuses and refusal to shoulder the responsibility for anything

its his refusal to learn from his mistakes. E.g constant tinkering and inability to learn that playing players out of position is a bad idea

When people say he won’t change - it’s that they recognise he a manager of limited ability. He isn’t going to get any better - he is what he is. He is no better than tinpot managers at tinpot teams all across the country. He’s a man out of his depth 

It's spot on. 😊

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Liking 3 at the back myself, been quite a refreshing change. 

He clearly wasn't out of his depth last time, just wasn't. The League tables didn't lie.

Would also like Callum Davidson too, very well organised and incisive 

Leveins Battalion

If we were run properly instead of the shambles Budge has created we should be all over Davidson or even Goodwin.Instead we are stuck with Neilson.

If Ross left Hibs I guarantee they would go for Davidson.

Utterly sheeite being a Jambo under this Crowd.

Ethan Hunt
5 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Shut up and pay your money. 

5 hours ago, jambonian said:

The message is simply... get your wallets out and stop whinging. In otherwords....put up and shut up!. (And smile while you're at it).

Well there will be no more money out of me.

Ethan Hunt
57 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He clearly wasn't out of his depth last time, just wasn't. The League tables didn't lie.

The last time he had Levein handing him notes down from the stand and coming into the dressing room to do half time team talks.

There should be enormous pressure on budge and neilson if hibs win the cup again on their watch.  They will ignore it however and we run an enormous risk of being lukewarm at best again next season.

The line that the Alloa and Brora debacles didn't matter because the league was our focus is utterly derisory.

kingantti1874
56 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Logan was key to that system, he was one that he got right. We were all eating a bit of humble pie and giving him a bit of credit for a change - me included.

But bafflingly - we let him go. Now if we were going to sign someone younger and better I’d say ok fair enough but that doesn’t appear to be the case- he’s gone public saying smith will go back to playing on the right. 

Smith doesn’t have the legs, ive been saying it the whole season. His lack of legs and getting beyond the midfield have been a huge problem. A blind man can see that surely.  Then he compounds that bizarre decisons with an equally bizarre decisions to sign a keeper who in the event that we need him isn’t god enough. 

I don’t trust the guy at all. He won’t make it till Christmas.

Leveins Battalion

1st bad pass next season and Neilson and Budge will be turned on.

Relationship cannot be repaired imo.

ScottieMac17
10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The last time he had Levein handing him notes down from the stand and coming into the dressing room to do half time team talks.

Pretty sure it was Cathro that Levein passed notes to and went into the changing rooms not Neilson.

3 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Again, who set the top 6 aim?  Was this a mutual agreement by Budge and Neilson? Or Budge’s low standards and ambition forwarded to Neilson?......  

Or, have we again got the management telling the board what to expect?

This is what a hell of a lot of Hearts fans talk about when they say everything has to come from the top.  The push in standards, the expectancy laid out for the manager to aspire to....but it’s worrying though if the person at the top isn’t driving those standards above and beyond and simply accepting “getting by” on the park.  

This is when the management get no pressure put on them. A grey area of accountability. 

siegementality
3 hours ago, martoon said:

Wait a minute!!  Someone posted an email from the FOH with the FOH saying how excited they were at next seasons plans!!  Surely that can’t be more bullshit? Surely the plans will be exciting? Won’t they?  

Na, probably not, more bullshit from an organisation who seem to believe any old shite Budge tells them.