Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sacking Robbie won't change the last 5 years. 

Yes, top goal scorers and top of the league. 

You can't blame robbie for the shite football and performances, ironically since he left?

Not blaming him for how we played before he came back but for the bad performances now. 

I can blame him for not sending out a team that can beat championship teams away from home. 

He must take some responsibility for how we are set up.

Nearly four down to rauthat home was good?  That and most away games are terrible.  

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Berra than you
42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We also ripped up the championship winning team, and changed the way we played as soon as we got promoted. 

Got tanked by Aberdeen at home, bottled many matches away from home, played bauben as a defensive winger 😂😂

Signed Connor sammon, signed juwon, binned our captain ozturk because he had a go, at how we set the team up. 

If Neilson is such the manager you think he is, for someone that left us in second place, with Aberdeen having two games in hand, surely the next guy to come in only needed to make a few tweaks, here and there?. 

He left us with pish 😂 centre of a doughnut to kick on and challenge. 

And both him and Levein were responsible for that, you just have to look at how many players, we're recruitied **** up after **** up. 

Listen i don't claim to be a bigger fan than anyone on this forum, but if you think I'm going to stand their and see the team perform like that and not ask questions. 

What even is our style of play? what is the long term goal of the club?. 

We have an academy their that is first class, why aren't we seeing more talent coming out of it? How come when we do unearth a player he leaves for buttons, and they refuse to sign contract extensions?. 

Hearts have always been an attacking side, so let the players go out there and express themselves. 

This Robbie Neilson isn't the same one that won the championship at a canter, that Robbie Neilson changed as soon as the championship was won, and we got promoted we used to blitz teams in the championship, relentless. 

Players were fit as ****. 

And i personally feel Robbie can't give us the Hearts, we want and deserve. 

We still scored plenty goals in the top flight under Neilson though. That's a fact. And yeah he had poor results in his second season in management at a higher level. By the time he left he was winning the games against Aberdeen, beat rangers at home. Played buaben wide in a 4-4-2 in a successful run of games before Christmas, it's not like he played there all the time.

Not sure why I'm giving this the time of day but the manager that came in for him was Ian Cathro. He ripped the team up cause he wanted to play a completely different style. That was a mistake by him to rip up a team that was going strong on the league and a mistake by Levien to hire him in the first place, albeit a risk many fans (myself included) wanted us to take.

It's fine to ask questions with how we perform and I'd never say to another fan they can't, football is opinions. I have questions on Robbie too. I'm willing to give him the start of next season but there are warning signs there for sure. I just completely disagree that attacking is part of the problem under him. Actually I think we have been really poor defensively this season. Improved a little in recent games but still no where near good enough. 

Finally, this is a first but I agree with you re our style of play. I think Robbie talks a good game about knowing what most fans want. What he says however rarely translates on to the pitch. Ultimately you need to win games but that only gets you so far. Look at McInnes now at Aberdeen, fans are not happy at all. If Robbie can't get us playing how he claims to want us to, the ones that haven't turned will turn.

3 hours ago, Coco said:

Squad for next year currently looks something like this?

Gordon, Zlamal

Smith, Kingsley, Halkett, Popescu, Souttar

Haring, Halliday, McEneff, Damour

Walker, Mackay-Steven, Roberts, Naismith, Boyce, Gnanduillet

Doesn't look like Robbie is building anything very special.  It's an old, slow squad full of mediocre players.  Add the appalling return from Arnott's enormous spend on the youth academy and at the moment there's very little to look forward to.

Wouldn’t think at least five of them will be around next season. Clear out coming in a couple of months or so. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We also ripped up the championship winning team, and changed the way we played as soon as we got promoted. 

Got tanked by Aberdeen at home, bottled many matches away from home, played bauben as a defensive winger 😂😂

Signed Connor sammon, signed juwon, binned our captain ozturk because he had a go, at how we set the team up. 

If Neilson is such the manager you think he is, for someone that left us in second place, with Aberdeen having two games in hand, surely the next guy to come in only needed to make a few tweaks, here and there?. 

And both him and Levein were responsible for that, you just have to look at how many players, we're recruitied **** up after **** up. 

Listen i don't claim to be a bigger fan than anyone on this forum, but if you think I'm going to stand their and see the team perform like that and not ask questions. 

We have an academy their that is first class, why aren't we seeing more talent coming out of it? How come when we do unearth a player he leaves for buttons, and they refuse to sign contract extensions?. 

Hearts have always been an attacking side, so let the players go out there and express themselves. 

This Robbie Neilson isn't the same one that won the championship at a canter, that Robbie Neilson changed as soon as the championship was won, and we got promoted we used to blitz teams in the championship, relentless. 

I presume bringing back Stendel is the solution? 

Yeah, we blitzed 11 of them by a single goal. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I presume bringing back Stendel is the solution? 

No advertising the job and finding the best candidate is the solution. 

My personal preference would be a coach that plays attacking football, and a high press. With possession based football, 

Similar to the old firm 👍

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

My personal preference would be a coach that plays attacking football, and a high press. With possession based football, 

And how long would the new manager get? The first bad result and JKB would be demanding his head. We are a work in progress just now and the time to judge is the end of the season. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, jimbojambo said:

And how long would the new manager get? The first bad result and JKB would be demanding his head. We are a work in progress just now and the time to judge is the end of the season. 

I’m fed up being a work in progress. We’ve been a work in progress since 2014. 

We're top of the league, by a distance. You don't sack managers when you're top of the league, especially when they have a huge chunk of their contract that would need paid off and a global pandemic is hammering the club's income.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

Not blaming him for how we played before he came back but for the bad performances now. 

I can blame him for not sending out a team that can beat championship teams away from home. 

He must take some responsibility for how we are set up.

Nearly four down to rauthat home was good?  That and most away games are terrible.  

We won't win every game.

We are top tho.

If you think we will win every game and easily you will be a frustrated Hears fan, always.

I’d actually like to ask the question of SRB, if he was doing so well at Hearts and had us challenging for second place, why did he leave us to go to a team languishing in the lower reaches of the third tier of English football.  

Good to see the other Neilson Defence Force members coming out now after last night when they were nowhere to be seen

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

No point in argueing. 

Robbie has us top. 

Once we're promoted I hope he'll replicate the performances and results of last time. 

Time will tell. 

Either he'll succeed, or he'll be sacked and a new guy will be in and folk can do this all again. 

I hope the performances are better.

His way of playing is a needless way.

maroonplatoon87
15 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

A work in progress, honestly mate get your head out the sand. Unbelievable

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

It's like we are permanently in a transitional period. 

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

I’d actually like to ask the question of SRB, if he was doing so well at Hearts and had us challenging for second place, why did he leave us to go to a team languishing in the lower reaches of the third tier of English football.  

Good to see the other Neilson Defence Force members coming out now after last night when they were nowhere to be seen

He left because the fans forced him out 😂😂, yet has come back to the team that the fans forced him out of 😂😂

Have you ever heard the likes of it 😂😂 just pure and utter pony that's coming out some posters mouths. 

maroonplatoon87
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He left because the fans forced him out 😂😂, yet has come back to the team that the fans forced him out of 😂😂

Have you ever heard the likes of it 😂😂 just pure and utter pony that's coming out some posters mouths. 

He’s back because Budge has shat it and appointed the closest thing to Levein she could get, her legacy is an embarrassment 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So if the fans forced him our, why would someone who felt unwanted by the fans come back to the place he was forced out from. There is no logic in that

Oh wait could it be he knows it’s the cushiest job in football and if he had failed at United 2 clubs out of 3 sacking him on his CV wouldn’t look good

Edited by merseyjambo

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

So if the fans forced him our, why would someone who felt unwanted by the fans come back to the place he was forced out from. There is no logic in that

Oh wait could it be he knows it’s the cushiest job in football and if he had failed at United 2 clubs out of 3 sacking him on his CV wouldn’t look good

Exactly 😉

4 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

He’s back because Budge has shat it and appointed the closest thing to Levein she could get, her legacy is an embarrassment 

It's a shame i feel sorry for her, she's great for business etc and her contacts are top notch, football wise she hasn't got a clue 😔

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We're top of the league, by a distance. You don't sack managers when you're top of the league, especially when they have a huge chunk of their contract that would need paid off and a global pandemic is hammering the club's income.

Actually we did sack 2 managers when top of the league, Burley and Ormond.

42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Neil Lennon will be free soon. 

Is that near enough to the Old Firm for you 😏

21 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

It’s certainly been one of those overused buzz phrases when it’s came to Hearts in the last 3, 4 years.  It’s all keek anyway.  You tend to have to get it right quickly in football, or at least have the team playing in a manner that convinces people you can recover when dips come.

Hearts used to be like that, some time ago now though. We’ve all watched many different Hearts teams but through the eras of AMaC, JJ and even Levein in his first spell, you always felt relatively good about the team. You expected Hearts to bounce back with a vengeance after poor result or even a performance that wasn’t great but the result was there.

There was pride, a hunger from the teams back then to play well and give fans what they wanted.  Hearts are caught up like any other club in the coaching culture that is rife in the game now. Every manager following the fad and can’t think out the box for themselves and do something different to everyone else.  

You are seeing sub standard players think they are better than they are in the pretentious world of possession when they should be thinking about giving the fundamentals first.  

kingantti1874
30 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

we’ve beens work in progress for the whole of my 41 years of life.  

about 3 or 4 seasons max we’ve poked our head above average. 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

2 sitting midfielders in the championship .... 

that’s enough for the bullet alone. 

2 sitting midfielders.

2 wingers that can neither cross a ball or beat a man

Walker playing in the hole (disappeared up his own hole)

A centre forward that has to come back beyond the 5 listed above to the centre circle to get the ball from the 2 sideways midfielders. 

We effectively played a 4-1-5 last night and the 1 was Boyce. 

Utterly abject performance again last night and another game where our tactical genius got rinsed by a giant of the game. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

2 sitting midfielders.

2 wingers that can neither cross a ball or beat a man

Walker playing in the hole (disappeared up his own hole)

A centre forward that has to come back beyond the 5 listed above to the centre circle to get the ball from the 2 sideways midfielders. 

We effectively played a 4-1-5 last night and the 1 was Boyce. 

Utterly abject performance again last night and another game where our tactical genius got rinsed by a giant of the game. 

not excusing last night, but he was hardly rinsed tactically. QOS went 4-5-1. They sat deep as **** which always has the effect of scattering the game. Especially when they steal the lead.  We need to find a better way to play against that system as we come up against it every week. 2 strikers is a must when the opposition play like that 

That said - Sitting deep against a far stronger opponent is ALWAYS tough to beat, hearts have beaten many teams far better than ourselves doing exactly the same thing over the years.. some of our greatest ever victories we played that way. 

Not sure why people are surprised at how effective it can be. 

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

If the appointment was outside the Levein network then some fans and Budge would be demanding his head.

Most fans though would realise a complete rebuild is required and change for the long term better may result in a few knocks.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

We won't win every game.

We are top tho.

If you think we will win every game and easily you will be a frustrated Hears fan, always.

Not expecting to win every game, just a different approach to the football we have put up with.

I'd like us to have a style of play that suits our stadium when we get back.

Get us out of our seats and tyncastle is brilliant.

Fans are only being honest about being bored with this football. 

It'll cost us in the long run if we stick to this style of play.   

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Not expecting to win every game, just a different approach to the football we have put up with.

I'd like us to have a style of play that suits our stadium when we get back.

Get us out of our seats and tyncastle is brilliant.

Fans are only being honest about being bored with this football. 

It'll cost us in the long run if we stick to this style of play.   

If his style of play gets us promoted then in about 3rd again I'll be happy. 

1 hour ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Nobody 'shat it' and her legacy as it stands is far from an embarrassment.

When Ann Budge/the board appointed Robbie Neilson as manager they appointed a guy who had past experience of managing Hearts, who has twice as a manager won the division Hearts are currently competing in, and who has previously led Hearts to a third place finish in the top division. 

It's really not difficult to see why he was viewed as a safe pair of hands and a good candidate to get us out of the Championship at the first time of asking. Which was the immediate priority for Ann Budge/the board once our fate was sealed last summer.

I get that some supporters were hoping for a more imaginative or original appointment as manager, but I can totally understand why the people running the club opted for Robbie Neilson. Given that Hearts are a mile ahead at the top of the league and very nearly won the Scottish Cup this season, Ann Budge/the board are probably feeling quite vindicated in their decision at this point. And they have every right to feel that way. 

47 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

When Ann Budge/the board appointed Robbie Neilson as manager they appointed a guy who had past experience of managing Hearts, who has twice as a manager won the division Hearts are currently competing in, and who has previously led Hearts to a third place finish in the top division. 

It's really not difficult to see why he was viewed as a safe pair of hands and a good candidate to get us out of the Championship at the first time of asking. Which was the immediate priority for Ann Budge/the board once our fate was sealed last summer.

I get that some supporters were hoping for a more imaginative or original appointment as manager, but I can totally understand why the people running the club opted for Robbie Neilson. Given that Hearts are a mile ahead at the top of the league and very nearly won the Scottish Cup this season, Ann Budge/the board are probably feeling quite vindicated in their decision at this point. And they have every right to feel that way. 

I think "relegation" was an opportunity for budge to get rid of stendel and his team, plus reduce our costs due to the pandemic. I would imagine stendel and his team would have been on decent wages. Also, he maybe tried to rock the boat a bit and not the yes men she was used to.  So I sort of get why she got rid of stendel but would have been good to see how we would have played this season under him. 

I presume budge is a Hearts fan like the rest of us and if so, I can't understand why she brought Robbie back. He is a limited manager and his team was so boring to watch last time in the Premier league. Boring, pointless passing across the back. He is a very poor appointment. Anyone saying "he got us third last time" either didn't go to those games or doesn't know anything about football. 

Neilson was a lazy appointment by budge. She basically appointed him as he is the only person she knows in football, other than levein. 

It's so frustrating watching us being totally mis managed over the past 5 seasons, despite all the cash we bring in, and allegedly being fan owned! You'd never guess. I've never felt more disconnected to the club. 

Edited by Paulp74

59 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If his style of play gets us promoted then in about 3rd again I'll be happy. 

Do you think the performances overall this season would be good enough to see us finish 3rd in the SPL? 

I think there will have to be a great deal of improvement personally. If we can't break teams down in the Championship, it will be a lot more difficult in the SPL. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Do you think the performances overall this season would be good enough to see us finish 3rd in the SPL? 

I think there will have to be a great deal of improvement personally. If we can't break teams down in the Championship, it will be a lot more difficult in the SPL. 

Don't know, we can score 3 v Celtic in Glasgow but struggle to score at QoS, who we also beat 6-1 at home. 

Football doesn't work in a linear way like that, if that's the right phrase. 

We drew 1-1 at QoS so Dundee Utd would beat us by x amount. 

As I say, if we get promoted and do as well as last time under Robbie I'll be happy and Hearts will be moving forward. 

16 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I think "relegation" was an opportunity for budge to get rid of stendel and his team, plus reduce our costs due to the pandemic. I would imagine stendel and his team would have been on decent wages. Also, he maybe tried to rock the boat a bit and not the yes men she was used to.  So I sort of get why she got rid of stendel but would have been good to see how we would have played this season under him. 

I presume budge is a Hearts fan like the rest of us and if so, I can't understand why she brought Robbie back. He is a limited manager and his team was so boring to watch last time in the Premier league. Boring, pointless passing across the back. He is a very poor appointment. Anyone saying "he got us third last time" either didn't go to those games or doesn't know anything about football. 

Neilson was a lazy appointment by budge. She basically appointed him as he is the only person she knows in football, other than levein. 

It's so frustrating watching us being totally mis managed over the past 5 seasons, despite all the cash we bring in, and allegedly being fan owned! You'd never guess. I've never felt more disconnected to the club. 

I'm not sure I buy the yes men accusation. If anything I would argue that Craig Levein was able to exert an unhealthy amount of influence over Ann Budge, not the other way around. Levein should have been sacked long before he was. 

As for seeing how we would have played under Daniel Stendel this season, I actually agree with you. I too would have liked to see that. 

I outlined in my previous post the reasons why Ann Budge/the board probably decided to bring Robbie Neilson back. It's a fairly self explanatory decision as far as I can see. I don't think people need to over analyse or overthink it. I completely understand where you are coming from with regard to the style of football when Robbie was last here but the bottom line is 'he DID lead Hearts to a third place finish' in the Premiership in his last spell in charge. You may want to overlook that but if you compare that to where Hearts are sitting right now, I can assure you that the people running the club will not have overlooked it. They would snap your hand off to be third in the top division right now. 

I think it's also an unfair accusation to say that Ann Budge only appointed Robbie Neilson because he is the only guy in football she knows other than Craig Levein. If you are saying that Budge herself appointed Levein and Neilson, then surely she also has to take credit(or blame depending on your viewpoint) for appointing Daniel Stendel? Stendel was an outside the box appointment, I'm sure you'd agree. So she has demonstrated a willingness to appoint a manager who she wasn't personally familiar with.

If it seems like I am saying everything is hunky dory with Hearts right now, believe me I'm not. I have sat and watched our last three matches and have not enjoyed any of them. I just feel like some people are losing their minds a bit at the moment and are over exaggerating how bad things are. 

20 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm not sure I buy the yes men accusation. If anything I would argue that Craig Levein was able to exert an unhealthy amount of influence over Ann Budge, not the other way around. Levein should have been sacked long before he was. 

As for seeing how we would have played under Daniel Stendel this season, I actually agree with you. I too would have liked to see that. 

I outlined in my previous post the reasons why Ann Budge/the board probably decided to bring Robbie Neilson back. It's a fairly self explanatory decision as far as I can see. I don't think people need to over analyse or overthink it. I completely understand where you are coming from with regard to the style of football when Robbie was last here but the bottom line is 'he DID lead Hearts to a third place finish' in the Premiership in his last spell in charge. You may want to overlook that but if you compare that to where Hearts are sitting right now, I can assure you that the people running the club will not have overlooked it. They would snap your hand off to be third in the top division right now. 

I think it's also an unfair accusation to say that Ann Budge only appointed Robbie Neilson because he is the only guy in football she knows other than Craig Levein. If you are saying that Budge herself appointed Levein and Neilson, then surely she also has to take credit(or blame depending on your viewpoint) for appointing Daniel Stendel? Stendel was an outside the box appointment, I'm sure you'd agree. So she has demonstrated a willingness to appoint a manager who she wasn't personally familiar with.

If it seems like I am saying everything is hunky dory with Hearts right now, believe me I'm not. I have sat and watched our last three matches and have not enjoyed any of them. I just feel like some people are losing their minds a bit at the moment and are over exaggerating how bad things are. 

You've made some fair points there so fair play to you! 

We had a decent side with Robbie in the championship first time round but he seemed to dismantle that team too quickly. Finishing 3rd was probably papering over the cracks though. If you went to the games back then, I'm sure you'll agree the football wasn't great. Would you have brought Robbie back if you were Budge? I wouldn't have. 

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't know, we can score 3 v Celtic in Glasgow but struggle to score at QoS, who we also beat 6-1 at home. 

Football doesn't work in a linear way like that, if that's the right phrase. 

We drew 1-1 at QoS so Dundee Utd would beat us by x amount. 

As I say, if we get promoted and do as well as last time under Robbie I'll be happy and Hearts will be moving forward. 

We scored 3 v Celtic because they are struggling and they played open, trying to win the game. Same with Hibs. 

That was the case last season too. We beat Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers etc when the games 50/50.. didn't matter because we couldn't break down the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County. Any side that sits in against us and we seem to struggle. 

We had serious trouble last season breaking teams down, we've struggled in many games this season to break even lesser opposition down with what is probably a better team than last season. 

Same issues seem to still trouble us. 

8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

She’ll be in for a shock when fans are allowed back in 🙂

6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

We scored 3 v Celtic because they are struggling and they played open, trying to win the game. Same with Hibs. 

That was the case last season too. We beat Aberdeen, Hibs, Rangers etc when the games 50/50.. didn't matter because we couldn't break down the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County. Any side that sits in against us and we seem to struggle. 

We had serious trouble last season breaking teams down, we've struggled in many games this season to break even lesser opposition down with what is probably a better team than last season. 

Same issues seem to still trouble us. 

I was bored last week and put together stats for our last 6 games versus teams like Killie, Hamilton, Livvy. It’s utterly appalling and over a season would have us around 8th in the league. 

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It’s fan pressure that makes the Old Firm attack and press and fight for every ball.

If they don’t do that, the fans won’t accept it.

They have mostly better players, but regardless, whomever plays for them isn’t allowed a second to relax.

We could learn a lot from that.

10 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

We’ve been a work in progress for 7 years.

The Treasurer
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Good idea, all we need is the same budget as the OF

7 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

I’ve never felt so connected. My problem is that the club are not reciprocating - and that’s what gets me.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Good idea, all we need is the same budget as the OF

yep. In all honesty I can’t think of any comparable teams who are playing the style of football the poster covets at our price point.  all across Scotland  fans are moaning, with the exception of rangers fans and even they have been poor the last few games.

there are maybe 5 teams in the U.K. who play like that. All of them have one single thing in common.

better players with more quality. 

as I say, not defending Friday. We need to find a way to break that deep 4-5-1 down better, but it is NEVER going to look spectacular 

When we were unfairly demoted and fighting this corrupt organisation in court there was a real united feeling felt beetwen the fans and club. FOH Subs were rocketing and they only hearts motto had us all feeling are real togetherness. Budge then in my eyes slowly started to dismantle this with first of all letting Zlamal go on loan to St Midden and then bringing back Neilson which was always going to split opinions. Instead of keeping that united feeling we all had we are now split and arguing about performances and recruitment ect. I've always maintained every one is entitled to their opinion but these two decisions from Budge were howlers. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

When we were unfairly demoted and fighting this corrupt organisation in court there was a real united feeling felt beetwen the fans and club. FOH Subs were rocketing and they only hearts motto had us all feeling are real togetherness. Budge then in my eyes slowly started to dismantle this with first of all letting Zlamal go on loan to St Midden and then bringing back Neilson which was always going to split opinions. Instead of keeping that united feeling we all had we are now split and arguing about performances and recruitment ect. I've always maintained every one is entitled to their opinion but these two decisions from Budge were howlers. 

Neilson was back before we loaned out Zlamal but helping St Mirren put a large pin in the bubble. 

The Apprentice

What I’ve noticed especially in the last two games is on the odd occasion when Ayr and QoS did come forward and lost the ball deep in our half we are far too slow to turn the game over. When teams are playing so deep and packing the midfield you can’t let them get back into shape which we seem to do so easily. I have watched Irving and Halliday let opposition players literally run past them back into their own half as they’d rather turn back the way and spray a pass out to one of the full backs and slow the game down. Must be great for their passing stats but does nothing for our attacking intent. 

Edited by The Apprentice

Just watched motd.

All top clubs vary their game and not averse to the long through ball.

Vardy, love the guy, pace to burn thrives on the through ball. Don't laugh, but we had Wighton, who could have been used for this. We have no other to play this way.

Maybe Henderson.

We are trying  to get wingers to cross the ball to Gnando, when fit. This is where we badly need Haring or similar to give us more threat. Badly missing Haring completely. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Neilson was back before we loaned out Zlamal but helping St Mirren put a large pin in the bubble. 

I wouldn't give St Midden the steam of my tom kite never mind helping them out. 

23 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

What I’ve noticed especially in the last two games is on the odd occasion when Ayr and QoS did come forward and lost the ball deep in our half we are far too slow to turn the game over. When teams are playing so deep and packing the midfield you can’t let them get back into shape which we seem to do so easily. I have watched Irving and Halliday let opposition players literally run past them back into their own half as they’d rather turn back the way and spray a pass out to one of the full backs and slow the game down. Must be great for their passing stats but does nothing for our attacking intent. 

Yes I mentioned during the game. As soon as we win the ball guys like GMS and Boyce need to be getting forward at pace to receive a pass. 

But Boyce seems to be told to come deep to get the ball...with nobody running in behind him. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )