Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Berra than you said:

Hard to disagree with the first part, which is why we leaked goals when stendel first came in, defence were left too exposed. The style now doesn't leave them as exposed, but it does show them up for making as many errors. Two centre halfs are a priority in the summer.

Agreed.

The best game defensively was Aberdeen at home where Smith played DM and went back to help them out. We could’ve done with him at CH and RB too. I love seeing us play the pressing game but the squad we had made it hard. Sibbick might’ve helped too. 
One of Smith/Kingsley/Haring at CH away to Raith/Dunfermline might be for the best, or 3 at the back like the final. 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

Barney bulge

Jim savage will sort it.

he will be able to relate supreme tactics to Neilson that he’s picked up in his long illustrious career. and steal all the top takent he knows about at Albion rovers. 
sorry joe. Apologies I’d never heard of him but sure he’s the man to take us to next level. 

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

Jim savage will sort it.

he will be able to relate supreme tactics to Neilson that he’s picked up in his long illustrious career. and steal all the top takent he knows about at Albion rovers. 
sorry joe. Apologies I’d never heard of him but sure he’s the man to take us to next level. 

Us?   :ermm:   :sniff:

Berra than you
30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed.

The best game defensively was Aberdeen at home where Smith played DM and went back to help them out. We could’ve done with him at CH and RB too. I love seeing us play the pressing game but the squad we had made it hard. Sibbick might’ve helped too. 
One of Smith/Kingsley/Haring at CH away to Raith/Dunfermline might be for the best, or 3 at the back like the final. 

I think back three similar to the final is probably the way forward this season - guess we will see what this window brings.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I think back three similar to the final is probably the way forward this season - guess we will see what this window brings.

Against the better teams away it looks a must to be honest. I think it’s a winger and a striker this month. Damour leaving might free up cash for a defender but it’s not an easy window to get quality, unless it’s a loan deal. 

5 hours ago, Sertse said:

Agree with everything you've said. 

If you had the option, would you keep RN until the end of the season or get rid of him more or less immediately?

Who would you like to replace him?

I would replace him now, my personal opinion on who comes in would be a coach that is prepared to play attacking football and to press, most games we control possession, I was hoping Stendel got three years after that Naismith to come in as manager. 

Just using Barnsley as an example but when they parted terms with Stendel, they brought in Gérard strubeur, a coach that plays attacking football and press. 

This has to be our model going forward. 

Robbie won't play that it's a simple as that outwith the old firm. 

We shouldn't fear any team, do rangers and celtic change the way they play against other Scottish teams? No they attack and press teams, and it works. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed.

I watch Inter Milan quite a lot and they play a great 3-5-2. In possession they play with their WB's as wingers, pushed right up. Two proper strikers. 2 box to box mids either side of the central one. It's quick, direct and industrious.

For me given our lack of width and defensive frailties, this has to be the way forward. 

Our squad is so unbalanced and so lacking in options however that no matter what formation we play, there is a weak link or a square peg in a round hole. 

• 3 weeks later...

Simply enough is enough, absolute dross week in week out in a league where our resources massively outweigh any other team. 

we will not move forward with Neilson in charge at all and be better to make a strong decision earlier than later. 

It's need to stop, all for people supporting the club etc, but when one doesn't agree hobo names etc, 

Sad to say but i was right about Levein and I'll be right about Robbie. 

Forever Hearts

Disgraceful and lazy decision to bring him back in the first place. He also cost us the Scottish Cup by starting on the back foot against a poor Celtic that were lacking in confidence and there for the taking. 

All over this. 100%

The Budge era has been an absolute disaster, I cannot wait til Neilson and Budge are out the club. Unfortunately, it;s going to be a while.

We have gone backwards since he left. Looks like he has went backwards too. We need to change our chairwoman sooner than later. We are not a well run club at the moment and spend a fortune doing so. 

1 minute ago, Jambo_Gaz said:

We're going backwards. 

Steady - from last year I'm not sure that is possible, but this team has no guts to it.

Naismith looks disinterested

Boyce isn't doing nearly enough

Frear and Roberts just not good enough

Halliday is a passenger

Walker shouldn't have been brought back

Berra finished

Halkett isn't a good enough defender

Popescu isn't as good as Berra or Halkett

Салатные палочки

Phoodle is shite patter. 

But that performance and result, at home, is unacceptable. 

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's need to stop, all for people supporting the club etc, but when one doesn't agree hobo names etc, 

Bully for you

9 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Simply enough is enough, absolute dross week in week out in a league where our resources massively outweigh any other team. 

we will not move forward with Neilson in charge at all and be better to make a strong decision earlier than later. 

Spot on.

Салатные палочки

Apart from the first league game, it has been predictably poor every week. How long does this go on? As long as Budge wants is the answer. 

The fans don't deserve this  

A self congratulatory thread about your own posts? 

:cornette_dog:

Edited by tian447

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Robbie is Craigs man. No way he's not involved with the club. 

Another belting decision by Ann Budge. She knows how to appoint absolute howling managers.

I’d get rid to be honest. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wtf you on about 

Салатные палочки
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Another belting decision by Ann Budge. She knows how to appoint absolute howling managers.

I’d get rid to be honest. 

We all would. Unfortunately she won't though. It's all to cosy at Hearts these days. 

Breaking h1b5
Just now, Boris5115 said:

Never rated him as a player or manager but I think we are stuck with him. 

Were stuck with him because that cow thinks he is doing a good job too!!

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )