Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )

best in the land

Let’s be honest we should be walking this league and winning every single game regardless of who the manager is. Football doesn’t quite work out like

this though as it’s not always the best team on paper, or the most expensive squad that wins. Confident we will still win the league and go up so RN isn’t going anywhere. 

My concern is we chop and change the team/formation every single game and it shows. Why can we not just play our best team week In, week out. Again, this shouldn’t matter as we should be winning regardless but playing the same team, you start to get used to the way each other play and build confidence and relationships

on the park. 

another concern is just general hard work and determination. We seemed to lack this in the first half tonight. Is that Robbie fault? Our away form is terrible and it’s when teams get in our faces we seem to have problems. 

we are also too easy to play against, RN will surely be aware of this now after some of the struggles we have had this season. We need a couple of attack minded players in on loan to bolster us and help us over the line. A winger and a striker/winger would be nice. But what does he do with frear and Roberts? His signings, but he needs to be ruthless and get rid of if possible. 

Pressure is on as fans will start turning if we carry on with performances and defeats like that! Got to be better but as I’ve said on another thread, we need pace in the team to go with the ‘football ability’ we have! It is that simple 

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Bongo 1874

• GinRummy

5 minutes ago, flem said:

He correctly identified our lack of pace throughout the squad as an issue. He then signed Frear, Robert’s and an injury prone Ginnelly to correct this. I do agree he was left with a crock of shit by his buddy Levein but his signings can’t be defended. 

It's not football manager buddy, he was shopping at Poundland at close of play. 

There was utter shite left in the bargain bin and that's where he was forced to shop. 

Turn your anger on the Naismiths, Berras , Walkers,Halkett and Lee's of this world. Gutless jokers who have killed every Hearts manager  they've been involved with in the last few years.

24 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'd put my life savings on us not looking for a replacement. CL got sacked with EXTREME reluctance from Budge. 

She wants comforting lies instead of harsh truths.

Stendel pointed out:

Fitness was shocking

Players training from home

Under performers starting for no reason

Huge difference in treatment of players in dressing room

Poor, losers defensive mentality

He didn't get the results but he was bang on. Budge didn't like this one bit and started communications with RN on CL's advice while he was still unbelievably on ****ing gardening leave.

She didn't even tell Stendel he was out of a job, the media did.

RN is her mini CL now and we're doomed to the same old shite for the rest of his contract unless something drastic happens, and she signs another CL at the end of it.

This.

Robbie will do exactly what Levein did. Lead us to mid table sneaking into the top 6 before in a couple of years time we are fighting off relegation again. That’s about all we will achieve under him. 

Robbie deserves more time especially since top of the league but the statement at the start of the season that we needed pace in the wide areas and had none again tonight. Fair enough Gino has Covid but frear and Roberts were his signings and not good enough

13 minutes ago, ramrod said:

It's not football manager buddy, he was shopping at Poundland at close of play. 

There was utter shite left in the bargain bin and that's where he was forced to shop. 

Turn your anger on the Naismiths, Berras , Walkers,Halkett and Lee's of this world. Gutless jokers who have killed every Hearts manager  they've been involved with in the last few years.

<applauds>

The only way RN is getting punted is if he fails to win the Championship and if he doesn't, he'll deserve to get punted. 

We will win the league, no doubt about it and next season this current squad will be gutted. 

Rick Sanchez
38 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I'd put my life savings on us not looking for a replacement. CL got sacked with EXTREME reluctance from Budge. 

She wants comforting lies instead of harsh truths.

Stendel pointed out:

Fitness was shocking

Players training from home

Under performers starting for no reason

Huge difference in treatment of players in dressing room

Poor, losers defensive mentality

He didn't get the results but he was bang on. Budge didn't like this one bit and started communications with RN on CL's advice while he was still unbelievably on ****ing gardening leave.

She didn't even tell Stendel he was out of a job, the media did.

RN is her mini CL now and we're doomed to the same old shite for the rest of his contract unless something drastic happens, and she signs another CL at the end of it.

👏

Nelly Terraces

Robbies unfortunately been outdone by Stevie Crawford & James McPake & all they had to do was play a higher tempo than his own soporific side.

It's a tad worrying. 

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Robbie deserves more time especially since top of the league but the statement at the start of the season that we needed pace in the wide areas and had none again tonight. Fair enough Gino has Covid but frear and Roberts were his signings and not good enough

And Popescu 

10 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Robbies unfortunately been outdone by Stevie Crawford & James McPake & all they had to do was play a higher tempo than his own soporific side.

It's a tad worrying. 

Worrying but not unexpected.

Most fans with any savvy had Robbie’s number before he left the first time.

I like the guy but he’s far too cautious and can only take us so far. We’ll get up but next season will be a slog.

Im as annoyed as the next fan about tonight's result but FFS, on the whole we're moving in the right direction. 5 points clear at the top and scoring bucket loads of goals.

We've had a couple of bad results away from home but our home form has been fantastic. Robbie needs time to get some more players in and I'm confident he will get us back where we belong 

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

He never has and never will. He still thinks the way to deal with big away games is to be defensive and play one guy up front 30 yards away from everyone.

Absolutely clueless. 

Gets it, has cured nothing as regards our inability to play away from home.

8 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Im as annoyed as the next fan about tonight's result but FFS, on the whole we're moving in the right direction. 5 points clear at the top and scoring bucket loads of goals.

We've had a couple of bad results away from home but our home form has been fantastic. Robbie needs time to get some more players in and I'm confident he will get us back where we belong 

I don't share your confidence. 

3 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Sorry Ted, we are shedding a shit load of goals, have a midfield short of abilities and confidence and a strike force without the force part. The teams we are failing against are the only full time teams in this division we find ourselves in, if we can’t beat them at the important times of the season then we have no right to call ourselves a premiership club.

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Even my Mrs commented on how laboured he was when running.

Think we can forget him getting back to the levels previously.

Might be more suited at CB?

Think he got a bigger reputation the longer he didn't actually play

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The only way RN is getting punted is if he fails to win the Championship and if he doesn't, he'll deserve to get punted. 

We will win the league, no doubt about it and next season this current squad will be gutted. 

This.

He's had one window with a severely reduced budget with a squad that needs a scorched earth policy.

That's not excusing the number of below par performances but ultimately he will get at least two transfer windows to overhaul the squad, assuming promotion is achieved.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Would save a lot of snotters, slavers, tears and emotional burn outs if folk realised this. 

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Sorry Ted, we are shedding a shit load of goals, have a midfield short of abilities and confidence and a strike force without the force part. The teams we are failing against are the only full time teams in this division we find ourselves in, if we can’t beat them at the important times of the season then we have no right to call ourselves a premiership club.

We defo need to sign players in quite a few positions i agree with you. It's our away form that's letting us down big time just now. we look like a totally different team away from home and that's a big concern.

What's frustrating is not having Ginelly in most of the games so far as he would make a big difference to games where we are struggling. We need a few more of that sort of quality in the team.

We still have so many players from last season who need to be replaced before we can compete at a higher level thats for sure. That will take a few transfer windows though.

Neilson will never take this club forward. 

He has not got the winners mentality. 

See tonight, Hampden and at Dunfermline tells you all you need to know. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

So that makes tonight OK?

Our performances away from home are horrendous and worryingly nothing is being done about it.

The bottom line is Neilson is too negative away from home - just like his mentor! He was last time he was here and he still is!

Just now, Thomaso said:

The bottom line is Neilson is too negative away from home - just like his mentor! He was last time he was here and he still is!

It certainly feels like nothing has changed  in that regard.

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

I'm honestly wondering what happened to the 3 defenders chat that was going on before and how this was going to be a very attacking team. 

Very attacking team 😂😂. As bad as Frear and Roberts are, every time I’ve watched a game that their involved there back the pitch marking the winger and that comes from the managers tactics. Although it wasn’t wingers tonight, there was about a 30 yard gap between Wighton and any midfield player. Why do we need Walker and Lee back helping the defence, they should surely be up in support of Wighton. 

33 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Worrying but not unexpected.

Most fans with any savvy had Robbie’s number before he left the first time.

I like the guy but he’s far too cautious and can only take us so far. We’ll get up but next season will be a slog.

Of course he’s too cautious - that’s why Levein appointed Robbie first time round - he’s a chip off the old block!

3 minutes ago, greggy123 said:

Very attacking team 😂😂. As bad as Frear and Roberts are, every time I’ve watched a game that their involved there back the pitch marking the winger and that comes from the managers tactics. Although it wasn’t wingers tonight, there was about a 30 yard gap between Wighton and any midfield player. Why do we need Walker and Lee back helping the defence, they should surely be up in support of Wighton. 

Watching Walker tonight, he's clearly been told he's operating as a defensive mid (or disobeying orders). It'll be "interesting" to watch  him in future away games. 

As for Lee, that requires pace and he aint no  Colin Cameron. Lee will never get goals. He looks to play in runners : that we don't have. 

There's two players/reasons why Wighton was left high & dry tonight. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’d say 95% of us do realise this. It’s not exactly tricky to work out. 

One of two things will happen. Promotion and sacked by Christmas or no promotion and sacked by May. 

Dundee Utd fans were not bothered in the slightest that Robbie left, they were sick of negative performances in big games like tonight. 

I think we’ll win promotion easily and I agree that most of this squad will be emptied once we do. I just worry about what we’ll replace them with and that we end up in another cycle of clueless owners, clueless management and shit players on lucrative contracts. 

That cycle in my opinion is only going to end when we have a total clear out from the top down (but can we keep the benefactors please😀). 

If Robbie does what he did first time round with us  after promotion why would we sack him? 

maroonsgotop

unless Robbie takes the handbrake off away from from home he ain't gonna survive. Our away form in this crappy league is woeful and if we go up will probably get even worse. Setting up defensively tonight against a team that are useless in defence is unforgivable. Get on the front foot and Adam doesn't come into the game as was demonstrated in the 2nd half where he was shown up for what he is, a has been with no pace or stamina. Pathetic stuff.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

If Robbie does what he did first time round with us  after promotion why would we sack him? 

You don't remember the dire football (down to him) or the dire signings (who knows, Levein) ?

In any case, you don't believe for a second he will achieve the same with this lot and there isn't enough money to replace them. 

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Watching Walker tonight, he's clearly been told he's operating as a defensive mid (or disobeying orders). It'll be "interesting" to watch  him in future away games. 

As for Lee, that requires pace and he aint no  Colin Cameron. Lee will never get goals. He looks to play in runners : that we don't have. 

There's two players/reasons why Wighton was left high & dry tonight. 

Walker for me has been given too many opportunities now, he offers absolutely nothing. I do actually like Lee but i agree he’s too slow and why any manger would think of playing him on the right is beyond me. My point was more aimed at the tactics, why are these guys back protecting the defence surely that’s why we have haring in front of the back four and Halliday in their aswell. Leave them up the pitch too attack, when we win the ball back all we have to hit is 1 man up top, it’s must be soo easy to defend against. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

What. Shite the bed completely after 5 games then sign shite like Sammon and get pumped out of Europe by some Maltese waiters?

Anyway, I was talking about the future not the past. 

Robbie can’t change. He’s proved that. That’s why I think he’ll be gone by Christmas if we get promoted.  

Dreadful manager. 

Nah, get us in about 2nd/3rd.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You don't remember the dire football (down to him) or the dire signings (who knows, Levein) ?

In any case, you don't believe for a second he will achieve the same with this lot and there isn't enough money to replace them. 

I remember being at the top end of the league and being in about Europe. 

Shite it was. 

Hopefully he does get us in about 2nd and 3rd again. 

The Old Tolbooth

His away record and style of play is utterly abysmal, if anyone needs any reminding of this, just go back a few months on a Dundee Utd forum, he’s a Levein MkII when it comes to away games. 

He should be sacked even when we go up as Champions. 

Shite tactics, terrible recruitment and a Levein mk2. Will not be a long term success at Hearts and it’s really a sad indictment of the club that we are shit scared of going to Alloa, Dunfermline and Dundee.

Just now, greggy123 said:

Walker for me has been given too many opportunities now, he offers absolutely nothing. I do actually like Lee but i agree he’s too slow and why any manger would think of playing him on the right is beyond me. My point was more aimed at the tactics, why are these guys back protecting the defence surely that’s why we have haring in front of the back four and Halliday in their aswell. Leave them up the pitch too attack, when we win the ball back all we have to hit is 1 man up top, it’s must be soo easy to defend against. 

I agree with  a lot of this. I didn't jump on Walker's back despite what's been said on here by many because even he could perform in the 2nd tier (I thought, but apparently not). I don't see a single player in our squad that's a box-to-box player so we're always looking to play in something for Wighton/whoever.  But we don't have the quality (maybe Naismith, sometimes). 

Neilson is afraid to commit players up the pitch to support the forwards because he knows how slow his back line is & vulnerable to counter attacks (or so my son tells me and he was a decent player in his youth). 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I remember being at the top end of the league and being in about Europe. 

Shite it was. 

Hopefully he does get us in about 2nd and 3rd again. 

But actually, you don't believe that. 

Unfortunately all the traits that left us thoroughly unconvinced about him are still there. 

Constantly tinkering from game to game and indeed during games. Talks about width and pace and has not done it, although injury and his two awful signings are to do with that. 

Constantly trying a 4-2-3-1, that is not implemented properly or with the players to pull it off is becoming a real joke now. 

I am hoping Neilson comes good but I doubt it. He comes across as a very bland uninspiring manager and therefore it comes down to recruitment and we all know how good we are at that. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

But actually, you don't believe that. 

I think he'll get us promoted then get us in about the top of the league. 

3rd-5th in the first season , then we can build from there. 

Apart from the obvious that we have a lot of poor slow players the biggest issues are players playing out of position. 

He constantly tinkers away from one week to the next did this last time also he is Leveins apprentice and  gives far too much respect to inferior teams. 

Stendel had no respect for other teams just went for it ... was going to take time but was coming some of the performances were breathtaking. Give time with a few good signings I think we would have done well with Stendel. A massive mistake bringing neilson back the football is just awful just can’t be arsed watching it. 

There is no fight in this team and absolutely the slowest team I have seen at hearts 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I hope he does but I know he won’t. 

An utter shitebag of a manager who is tactically clueless and who signs utter dross.

Good to see you'll give him a chance tho and support him while he's Hearts manager. 😂😂

28 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

We defo need to sign players in quite a few positions i agree with you. It's our away form that's letting us down big time just now. we look like a totally different team away from home and that's a big concern.

What's frustrating is not having Ginelly in most of the games so far as he would make a big difference to games where we are struggling. We need a few more of that sort of quality in the team.

We still have so many players from last season who need to be replaced before we can compete at a higher level thats for sure. That will take a few transfer windows though.

Agree that it would be a long haul plan that we would need, but the club need to show the fans that, they do, indeed have a strategy going forward, something that the fans can get on board with big time. As for Ginnelly , well, to me it’s last big time chance for me, he has the ability for sure but does he have the drive and commitment? Well time will tell. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I see. We’ve only played two part time sides in the league this season. I agree we need to discover how to play better away from home. 

Your reluctance to criticise anything is really very tedious.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think he'll get us promoted then get us in about the top of the league. 

3rd-5th in the first season , then we can build from there. 

You use RN's past record to suggest he can replicate it , used that idea to have  go at other posters who are critical of RN - but in reality , you , yourself, don't believe he will replicate it. Talk about run with the fox & hunt with the hounds. 

Edit - I take that back. I misread your post. You DO think RN will get/can get 3rd next year. Amazing. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

These guys were bargain basement jokers who were out of contact at the end of the window.

He has been left with a pile of utter shite who have seen off 4 managers and beefed up  the squad up with out of contract garbage,  that's why you can defend him at this stage .

Why exactly do you beef up a squad with out of contract garbage? More importantly how can you defend that?

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Exactly the type of wet reply I expected.

Your original post was exactly what I expected from you so neither of us are surprised. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Official Neilson Out Thread ( merged )