Brandon out for season and more...cruciate injury

CJGJ

“Unfortunately we have lost Jamie. A fortnight ago he picked up a bad knee injury and will be out for the season.

“He has ruptured his cruciate which is a terrible blow for the kid.

“He twisted his knee in a bounce game and will be operated on next week.”

HillmanHearts

Heart goes out to Jamie. That's a real blow for the lad. Long road to recovery but he does seem to be a fighter. He'll get all the support possible from the Hearts staff and hopefully he'll come through it OK.

really feel for the lad, thought he looked quality at 18 when he broke through but he's had rotten luck.

Wish him the best and a speedy recovery

A Shoreditch Heart

that's terrible news, but hope he comes back soon. I like him and he was one of the few positives from the Dundee game.

quockerwodgerjambo

The lad was maturing as a decent replacement,not a first pick but has a lot of ability.

He gets another shot at it next season

15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He's not had much luck with injuries 😐

Exactly this, just as he seems to be making an impression he gets injured which happened before and some on here tend to forget when giving opinions on him. . Another long road  but hope the lad comes back and gets a bit of luck as I still think he has something to offer. 

Best of luck to him.

Would be very tough to deal with even during normal times so will be mentally challenging during lockdown. I'm sure the club and people like John Souttar will be there to provide support.

Rotten luck for the young man. Dismissed rather too readily by some on here on other threads but the lad has been unlucky with injuries.

I don't doubt he will be back stronger with the correct support and guidance to match his determination.

Terrible news for him, must be hard to take. Just moved into his first house as well. 

A fully committed player when he plays, which maybe doesn't help with injuries unfortunately 😔

Regal Kingston

Sad to hear but only 16 second tier games. 

All the best to Jamie. Hope he is back and raring to go for the new season. Technically a great footballer and good to have in the squad 

Ffs, poor lad.

Why are we just hearing about this now? 

Questions probably will not be asked why this keeps happening, but the should.

It is not just bad luck.

Hopefully, unlike Souttar his career is not over.

Horrible news for both himself and Hearts. 

Look. The kids no world beater, but he's more than dependable filling in at right back. 

Which now admittedly. We're now up short with Smith being our only RB. 

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery kid. 

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ffs, poor lad.

Why are we just hearing about this now? 

Questions probably will not be asked why this keeps happening, but the should.

It is not just bad luck.

Hopefully, unlike Souttar his career is not over.

Give it a rest

A_A wehatethehibs

Feel for him, he had a chance of improving under the new management team but for me, a rash, reactive player, just is not my type of full back. 

At this point, with the injuries he has had, it’s now about fighting for his career as a pro. He does seem a fighter you can’t argue with that. Wish him the best in getting recovered and trying to get a season under the belt next year. 

To answer the previous posters comments about "We are probably only hearing about this now" well I’d say because of the understandable delays just now with getting results , so I’d not try to make anything of that , might have something to do with this wee pandemic that I’ve just heard about !

7C110083-DED1-4CD6-8550-295219668D04.jpeg

A_A wehatethehibs
27 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Horrible news for both himself and Hearts. 

Look. The kids no world beater, but he's more than dependable filling in at right back. 

Which now admittedly. We're now up short with Smith being our only RB. 

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery kid. 

Aye not much cover on either side now. Popescu for full back? ... ****... Maybe we should phone Huddersfield they’ve got a good Portuguese right back available on a free. 

A tad similar to JS in that, injuries just seem to follow the pair of them. Regardless of whether you rate him, or indeed JS or otherwise, neither has a record that is deserving of new deals, the club really needs to buckle up re our awarding of contracts now. We can't just hand out deals a plenty based on 'potential or sense of loyalty when the records show these players can't string games together to be counted upon. Life is tough for everyone, in any walk of life, before the usual lines are offered re being harsh etc. 

Always happens to this lad when he’s finding some form.  Think he had a similar injury a few years ago at roughly the same time of year. 

We should ask Smith if he's happy being an auxiliary player and try for O'Donnell. Is Cammy Logan not away to Cove Rangers?

That or a short term loan needed.

been here before

Shame for him but Im sure he'll be back, its mot the career ender it once was. I like Brandon he's a decent player. Not flashy but solid when he concentrates.

Its a shame for him he's got the type of injury though that mean people now have to refer to him as...

10 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

the laddie

9 hours ago, BigAlim said:

the lad

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

lad. 

9 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

the lad

9 hours ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

The lad

9 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

the lad

8 hours ago, OTT said:

the laddie

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

the laddie.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

poor lad.

13 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

this lad

16 minutes ago, been here before said:

Shame for him but Im sure he'll be back, its mot the career ender it once was. I like Brandon he's a decent player. Not flashy but solid when he concentrates.

Its a shame for him he's got the type of injury though that mean people now have to refer to him as...

:D oops hahahaha

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We should ask Smith if he's happy being an auxiliary player and try for O'Donnell. Is Cammy Logan not away to Cove Rangers?

That or a short term loan needed.

Smith is one of the first names on the team sheet so definitely won't be becoming an auxiliary player.

If we need then Logan can be recalled from loan, or for a game or two then either Haring can potentially fill in or Kingsley can switch across with White at LB. Kingsley is good enough with both feet to manage for a game or two, especially in this league

I think Jamie Brandon is under-rated.

Really sorry to hear this and feel for him.

Best wishes for successful treatment and rehabilitation. 

4 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I think Jamie Brandon is under-rated.

Really sorry to hear this and feel for him.

Best wishes for successful treatment and rehabilitation. 

Yes the boy has all the tools . Personally think he just needs to be a wee bit more composed . Something that comes with experience/maturity

Long haul back for him , best of luck

2 hours ago, been here before said:

OP's quote has him as the "the kid". I suspect he'd prefer "the lad" - he's 22!

Hope he doesn't lose any pace, as he needs it, and TBH so does our team.

Edited by Spellczech

quockerwodgerjambo
5 hours ago, been here before said:

Is there any point to your post on the Lad comments ?

Would you prefer Young man.

8 hours ago, been here before said:

You bored?