• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

English commentator talking up England's losing bonus point. 

They get a bonus point for losing and scoring six points?

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They get a bonus point for losing and scoring six points?

Bonus point for losing by 7 points or less. Pretty lucky to get it yesterday, as it was more down to Scotland not taking their chances than anything England did to keep the game close.

Also get one if you score 4 tries.

Edited by PortyJambo

56 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Ruth Davidson is a rabid Britnat who does nothing for Scotland but denigrate with her actions and comments at times. That's how I see it but you may interpret things differently. 

Anyway, Scotland were brilliant to a man. Hope we can do it to the rest!

I'm not a fan of her either - she's far too left-leaning.

Yes, I was very happy with our performance yesterday.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The scrum half role has becomes the most boring position in the game. A million hanging kicks and a load of pop passes. No breaks, no invention or variety 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

O'Mahony doing what he does. 

And getting pulled up properly for once. He’s a dirty player and a coward. A bad combination.  

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Bit of a stooshie with regards to a number of Scotland players not 'bending the knee'. 

A couple of England players did similar. 

Not as big a stooshie had it been football players, I feel.

Its rugby against racism not blm. If you want to take a knee fine if not, fine.

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And getting pulled up properly for once. He’s a dirty player and a coward. A bad combination.  

aye, easy red card. Some dreadful tackle technique for this level of rugby 

24 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The scrum half role has becomes the most boring position in the game. A million hanging kicks and a load of pop passes. No breaks, no invention or variety 

Sometimes the box-kick's a good option, esp against an advancing hefty pack, however I wouldn't describe Ali Price or Antoine Dupont's position as boring, as Price's chip & chase for Scotland's 3rd at Twickenham last time proved. Price has  a lot of armoury in his game - and Dupont's direct running will be a thorn in Scotland's side, next time in Paris. Watching both these scrum halves in action, won't be too eye bleeding, I'd predict.

27 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Coaches seem to prefer the safety first ones. I like Paranara (sp) the NZ second choice. Proper nippy in peoples faces type that loves a break. 

peranara, he’s a cheeky f...

Ireland fighting well with 14 men. I thought it was game over after that red card assault. The Welsh are scrappy as f... lots of unforced errors. 

Big Martin Johnson would have cracked a few jaws in that England side, yesterday. That man was a true Captain and what a player. Very good on the mic as well. John Inverdale on the other hand, is a prick. 

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Big Martin Johnson would have cracked a few jaws in that England side, yesterday. That man was a true Captain and what a player. Very good on the mic as well. John Inverdale on the other hand, is a prick. 

He was a thug who loved a cheap shot on smaller opposition players. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

He was a thug who loved a cheap shot on smaller opposition players. 

Was he? Don't remember that, and most rugby players are big boys, whether they're tall or short. 

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

There's other threads for Politics. 👍

Correct its shameful 

Enjoying Wales Ireland though 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I wish they would stop doing it.

They are there to play sport

Zackley. It's time the politicians stepped up on this. You don't get folk in other lines of work taking the knee before getting under way. Perhaps they should do so before each session in Parliament?

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

O'Mahony doing what he does. 

Absolute ***** of a man. He's the ***** who took out Hogg at Murray field a while ago. 

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

received_818962265352847.jpeg

:D

Why can't people just enjoy the result, John. Scotland won and some people can't bloody resist. Spacey and DTD. 

Anyway, Grand Slam year. 

:yas:

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Why can't people just enjoy the result, John. Scotland won and some people can't bloody resist. Spacey and DTD. 

Anyway, Grand Slam year. 

Certainly got a chance to pump the Welsh next week. They are honking thus far. 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Correct its shameful 

Enjoying Wales Ireland though 

Ireland are playing some good stuff for 14 men. They'll probably tire in about 15 minutes, so they'll need to put another try on the board if they've to stand a chance. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Certainly got a chance to pump the Welsh next week. They are honking thus far. 

They're overrated and have always been overrated. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Did I miss something or did John Inverdale not mention England's grand slam hopes during other teams half time break. Must be a first 😄

Just now, ri Alban said:

Anyway, Grand Slam year. 

I was 8 years old when we won at Twickenham with Peter Brown, the first I remember, I was 20 in 1983 when Jim Aitken done the business and I'm nearly 58 now. I enjoy every Scotland victory over England. Why?

Because it is the oldest rivalry in international sport. Yesterday was 150 years of the Calcutta cup.

Next year it will be 150 years we have been playing football against each other. 

I dont hate England or English people, but I love beating them at sport, any sport. It's called rivalry.

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

They look absolutely rotten

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They're overrated and have always been overrated. 

They've been pretty shite. Good try by George North there though. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I was 8 years old when we won at Twickenham with Peter Brown, the first I remember, I was 20 in 1983 when Jim Aitken done the business and I'm nearly 58 now. I enjoy every Scotland victory over England. Why?

Because it is the oldest rivalry in international sport. Yesterday was 150 years of the Calcutta cup.

Next year it will be 150 years we have been playing football against each other. 

I dont hate England or English people, but I love beating them at sport, any sport. It's called rivalry.

:spoton: The oldest rivals in most sports. 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If we beat them at football in the Euros, do we get to keep them? 🤔

Just now, Cruyff said:

They've been pretty shite. Good try by George North there though. 

It was. I think we can take them both at Murrayfield. I didn't see the French? Were they fabulous or forgettable yesterday. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

A tight game like this is a good watch when you're not involved. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I meant to ask yesterday. Is the tank Nel injured or out of favour? 

Ie not starting? Think he’s just showing his age 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

It was. I think we can take them both at Murrayfield. I didn't see the French? Were they fabulous or forgettable yesterday. 

The French are defo good but it's hard to tell against this new Italian team which is filled with rookies. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

The French are defo good but it's hard to tell against this new Italian team which is filled with rookies. 

The french are putting together a very good team right now. Their age group teams have been dominant in the last few years and they’re all reaching the right age now. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He came on in the 2nd half. 

Didn’t even notice :D

5 minutes ago, Hesh said:

Ie not starting? Think he’s just showing his age 

:thumbsup: