2021 Six Nations

PortyJambo

I P Knightley

Ref's call for the penalty was hideous. He was Wales's 16th man at that point. 

The knock on call, though, was spot on. Ref had it right as an on field decision when I would have called the knock on. TMO proved him right. 

England on for a wooden spoon if we play 5 nations!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Ref's call for the penalty was hideous. He was Wales's 16th man at that point. 

The knock on call, though, was spot on. Ref had it right as an on field decision when I would have called the knock on. TMO proved him right. 

England on for a wooden spoon if we play 5 nations!

During the conversation with the TMO the ref said that he couldn't see any forward movement. From what I have heard since they have come up with a reason why the call was right, but it doesn't seem to me to be for the same reason the ref came up with at the time.

4 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Correct you could say lucky triple crown winners.

Won matches against Ireland and Scotland who both had players sent off. Unlike football its really hard to defend with 14 men. 

Not saying the sending offs were wrong but 15 against 15 Wales would have lost both games. 

This

12 hours ago, Barack said:

Good opportunity for Scotland to get 3rd now...outside chance of 2nd. England in real danger of possibly finishing as low as 5th. Same with Ireland.

Scotland Lions picks: 3.

Wales: 15.

England with Ireland and France left.

Scotland can still win this. And are by far the best team. 

Gub France and Italy, Wales lose in France. Quite simple. And it helps Scotland, that Wales go to France first now. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland can still win this. And are by far the best team. 

Gub France and Italy, Wales lose in France. Quite simple. And it helps Scotland, that Wales go to France first now. 

Nah we still have that old problem of turning pressure into points. We're getting better but we're not there yet.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

When I first seen our group, I was giving it, aw Ffs. Now, I'm pretty confident. 

I P Knightley

Squad for the game v Ireland has been confirmed. I would have felt more comfortable with Fagerson at prop but whatcha gunna do? They've put Sean Maitland on the wing and Darcy Graham on the bench. Maitland is stronger under the high ball (which the Irish are likely to play) but I'd like to see Graham get a good amount of time to try to annoy their defence. I expect it to be a close one, hinging on a few moments either of brilliance or frustration.

I'll be making sure to watch the France/England game, tomorrow, though. Should be a good one with the Frenchies putting out almost a full-strength team.

Don't care about the Italy/Wales game. I've not even seen which referee the Welsh have selected for that one.

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well the ref in the Wales match managed to give Italy a yellow after only six minutes. And a soft one at that. 

are wales actually going to end up not having to play a full game v 15 this year?

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brilliant try

France okay after their break 

Both teams living up to their stereotypes so far. England lumbering through the forwards. France running from deep and taking quick throw in for the hell of it. I’ve always loved watching the French play, especially the brilliant teams they has in the 80’s. 

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Has OF been moved to centre. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’s only played at fly half once this tournament. 

George Ford at No 10 is England's main team set up. 

Occasionally Farrell plays there but the consensus now is inside centre is the best position for the team.

Ford gives England more options in attack.

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

George Ford at No 10 is England's main team set up. 

Occasionally Farrell plays there but the consensus now is inside centre is the best position for the team.

Ford gives England more options in attack.

Everyone in the world seemed to know that’s their best set up apart from Eddy Jones. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The worst thing about this is that Wales will win the Grand Slam, which is an utter travesty.

not sure about that England try at all

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The trouble with that TMO decision is that the on-field decision in no try. So surely in order to award it, you have to be certain that it is a try. There’s no way of telling from the evidence. That was a biased decision I feel 

I P Knightley
5 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The trouble with that TMO decision is that the on-field decision in no try. So surely in order to award it, you have to be certain that it is a try. There’s no way of telling from the evidence. That was a biased decision I feel 

Most telling was that Itoje wasn't celebrating. He looked like a man who's missed a chance.

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

That's England back to winning the next Rugby World Cup, which the French are hosts of.

I had to switch channels from the guff being spouted after the game. ITV really have jingoistic pundits. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I had to switch channels from the guff being spouted after the game. ITV really have jingoistic pundits. 

It's their team, they should be bumming them up. Hopefully the Scottish lads will be doing the same after today. 

Fwiw, I find Woodward to be pretty fair. 

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They do, but to be fair to them they have also this season on one occasion managed a fairly simple achievement that I don’t think the BBC ever has in the half century or so I’ve been watching their Five/Six Nations coverage, regardless of which countries have been playing  - a studio panel without the obligatory Englishman (or two).

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, ri Alban said:

It's their team, they should be bumming them up. Hopefully the Scottish lads will be doing the same after today. 

Fwiw, I find Woodward to be pretty fair. 

It is but it's the way they go so over the top after one fortuitous win after panning them for weeks before it. As todays game is on the beeb it'll be one, possibly two Scottish pundits but they will refrain from going OTT win or lose. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

It is but it's the way they go so over the top after one fortuitous win after panning them for weeks before it. As todays game is on the beeb it'll be one, possibly two Scottish pundits but they will refrain from going OTT win or lose. 

I didn't watch the post match analysis. But I enjoyed the game. 

Today we'll have a Scotsman an Irishman and Jeremy fecking Guscott. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, leginten said:

They do, but to be fair to them they have also this season on one occasion managed a fairly simple achievement that I don’t think the BBC ever has in the half century or so I’ve been watching their Five/Six Nations coverage, regardless of which countries have been playing  - a studio panel without the obligatory Englishman (or two).

Ha ha, yes I know what you mean. Mind you we might moan about the council TV coverage but if (unfortunately more like when) Sky get their filthy hands on it the hype and jingoism over England will go through the ****ing roof. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't watch the post match analysis. But I enjoyed the game. 

Today we'll have a Scotsman an Irishman and Jeremy fecking Guscott. 

At least we should have the best commentator out there. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

At least we should have the best commentator out there. 

👍

I must admit, Brian Moore is a brilliant Co commentator. Does he still work on the BBC /ITV. 

Please just keep Inverdale off ma telly. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

On a side note, how much longer do Italy get in this competition? They are becoming a waste of everyone’s time 

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

On a side note, how much longer do Italy get in this competition? They are becoming a waste of everyone’s time 

There's been times when Scotland have been a waste of everyone's time, anaw. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, ri Alban said:

There's been times when Scotland have been a waste of everyone's time, anaw. 

Not like this though man. The Italians are shit as feck.

Anyway, come on Jockland

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It’s an interesting point. I remember a few years ago when Scotland were completely hopeless some journalists were suggesting we should also shape up or ship out.

With the exception of Wales - England (which was actually a very close game despite the final score), I think the highest margin of victory in this year’s championship has been five points - unless Italy have been involved. Incredibly tight.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, leginten said:

It’s an interesting point. I remember a few years ago when Scotland were completely hopeless some journalists were suggesting we should also shape up or ship out.

With the exception of Wales - England (which was actually a very close game despite the final score), I think the highest margin of victory in this year’s championship has been five points - unless Italy have been involved. Incredibly tight.

But Scotland as least had a historical track record. Italy are just pure shite 

Scotland back to being Scotland. At least put a fight up to stop Ireland taking the overall lead, for the first time ever.