SFA to conduct 'fit and proper' test on Livingston boss

Locky

Bazzas right boot

Prison as well as be punishment for a crime is also about rehabilitation. 

No point in rehabilitation if you are then denied opportunities when you have served the punishment. 

Exception for the likes of  rapists, murderers, pedophiles  and other such crimes, these folk don't deserve a second chance. Prison and rehabilitation is waste of time, resource and tax payers money. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Locky

• john thomas

• JDK2020

• quockerwodgerjambo

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Prison as well as be punishment for a crime is also about rehabilitation. 

No point in rehabilitation if you are then denied opportunities when you have served the punishment. 

Exception for the likes of  rapists, murderers, pedophiles  and other such crimes, these folk don't deserve a second chance. Prison and rehabilitation is waste of time, resource and tax payers money. 

You can add those that peddle filth and poison our kids onto your list........

If the fit and proper test is about Martindale's coaching qualifications to manage at this level then fine, this is standard practice!
 If his previous criminal record has all of a sudden become problematic then let the SFA declare it as such.  

Edited by Hashimoto

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

You left those that peddle filth and poison our kids off your list........

If the fit and proper test is about Martindale's coaching qualifications to manage at this level then fine, this is standard practice!
 If his previous criminal record has all of a sudden become problematic then let the SFA declare it as such.  

Had to work that it out. 

Drugs, I guess you mean, or tobacco, brewery's, fast food and sweet makers? 

Another debate with lots of grey areas imo. For the shed, but yes high end criminals that have committed macabre and gruesome type crimes. 

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He engineered his departure from Hibs, he has mental health issues that he knows means he shouldn’t go the job he does, it’s always everyone else’s fault. My sympathy doesn’t stretch far, certainly not to him. 

Correct, he's one of life's unrepentant reprehensible rats. He deliberately provokes confrontation safe in the knowledge he can fall back on his victimhood - and usually enough fools buy it. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Had to work that it out. 

Drugs, I guess you mean, or tobacco, brewery's, fast food and sweet makers? 

Another debate with lots of grey areas imo. For the shed, but yes high end criminals that have committed macabre and gruesome type crimes. 

Drugs Srb......Anyone that peddles drugs, especially to kids directly or indirectly have no place in society.

For the record....Brewers (especially) and fast food business people deserve a place in heaven!....😇 

Edited by Hashimoto

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He engineered his departure from Hibs, he has mental health issues that he knows means he shouldn’t go the job he does, it’s always everyone else’s fault. My sympathy doesn’t stretch far, certainly not to him. 

Is that , definitely , what happened ?

I do know that the media [certainly Sky] knew he had been sacked before he did

It did seem that Hibs wanted him out

59 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Some convictions are not worthy of second chance. Many, if not most, of the people who he preyed on won't get one. 

True.

Being a prick is long term. 

Martindale however seems a decent guy doing good things now.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

I'm sure Lennon has been in the headlines on a number of occasions for stalking ex's and the likes. Didn't Steven Gerrard also get done for smacking a DJ in a nightclub while at Liverpool?

Gerard's links to people in organised crime has been well documented.

Hasten to add he isn't involved in it to my knowledge.

Edited by Section Q

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Locky said:

Declan Gallagher. While at Dundee in 2013, he turned up to an anniversary party at a hotel with a baseball bat and beat someone pretty badly. Went to jail in 2015 while at Livingston and was released on appeal, but then lost that appeal and went back to jail. Since coming out for real, he's went back to Livi, signed for Motherwell, and now become a Scotland international. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for Martindale surely.

I didn’t know that. Actually like us to try sign him tbh, very good CH. 

47 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Drugs Srb......Anyone that peddles drugs, especially to kids directly or indirectly have no place in society.

This 100%  👏

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yeah, he is a reformed man. When convicted and his assets frozen as proceeds from crime, did he voluntarily declare all his assets? 

Did he ****. He kept quiet about property owned in Edinburgh valued at over £300k until he was found out. 

Some rehabilitation. 

If the law accepts he served the appropriate sentence for his crime then surely he shouldn't be denied a job. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

Anybody that doesn't raise an eyebrow at the timing of this deserves to be lied to and cheated all their lives.

I hope the clubs are all taking note of the events of the past few weeks, celtic are completely riding roughshod over Scottish football while the authorities sit back and say diddly-squat.

My understanding from a friend of a friend is that, ironically, Martindale is very much "celtic-minded" (which may be why the SFA have laid off him these past couple of months), but now it matters not a jot, the SFA will be more than happy to throw him under a bus if it is deemed in the greater interest of their favourite club to suddenly be on the guy's case.

Whiney voice, nae top lip, chip on both shoulders ?

I'd never have guessed which side of the weegy divide he was from  

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

I know a serial murderer who is now a lovely guy. Not really relevant but good story!

Artland - Art by Ron English

He's ggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

23 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I know a serial murderer who is now a lovely guy. Not really relevant but good story!

I bumped into a mass murderer friend in Tesco just after Christmas and after the usual pleasantries re missing the pub etc.I asked how he was coping with lock down.

His answer was "not a problem I am used to it" which we both laughed at. He did of course do some 25 years behind bars.

Psychedelicropcircle

Any chance we could turn this around & have Livy conduct a fit & proper person on the SFA 🤨

boys done his time - no need 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I bumped into a mass murderer friend in Tesco just after Christmas and after the usual pleasantries re missing the pub etc.I asked how he was coping with lock down.

His answer was "not a problem I am used to it" which we both laughed at. He did of course do some 25 years behind bars.

Anyone heard from his flat mate recently? 

They are hilarious.  An organisation that stinks to high heaven and couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery.  Should be investigating Ian Maxwell and his incompetence instead of the Livvy manager.

I actually despise the SFA and SPFL more than I thought would be possible

6 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

I liked his response to sportsound interview on Saturday 

"its fair to say you fell in with the wrong types"

"No I was the wrong types "

seems a great example of rehabilitation working and Im sure after the blazers attempt to seem relevant he will be allowed to carry on - Pity they arent so hot on missing emails and sectarianism 

Totally agree. When you hear him speak he comes across very well and full of remorse. 

5 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

Livingston should play dirty and beat SFA at their own game . Announce Martindale is stepping down back to assistant manager . Then  announce the new man in charge. 

20210120_120227.jpg

5 hours ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Amazing

I'd rather have sweep though. 

Imagine the pressers. 

Good plan but unfortunately Sweep already has a very highly  responsible job at the SFA/SPFL.

Apparently he is the busiest guy on the staff.

57 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Prob the same guy I'd guess!!

4 hours ago, been here before said:

Nah not St Neil.

You're obviously thinking of a different Neil Lennon...

"Bolton Wanderers boss Neil Lennon apologises for knife threat against former mistress

The football manager, who held on to his position after an inquiry into the incident, said he was sorry if his actions had 'caused anyone any upset or duress'

Soccer boss Neil Lennon has apologised after The Sunday Mirror exposed him for making a knife threat against his former mistress .

Speaking about it for the first time after his club Bolton lost 4-0 at Rotherham, Lennon admitted the scandal “may have had a negative effect”.

Then he added: “If it has caused anyone any upset or duress then I apologise.”

Bolton Wanderers set up an inquiry after we revealed how Lennon intimidated his mistress for threatening to reveal the affair. But the club decided he should keep his job.

The un-named woman, who we called Kim, had discovered the ex-Celtic idol was seeing a third lover behind his long term partner Irene McCloy’s back.

Kim told how he issued a threat to her that someone “could” put a knife to her throat. He also offered £10,000 for her silence.

She said yesterday: “I feel much safer now.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bolton-wanderers-boss-neil-lennon-7075826

And this is the man who some on here think deserves our sympathy! 

43 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Totally agree. When you hear him speak he comes across very well and full of remorse. 

Well he would come across that way on TV wouldn’t he.

Used to work for an organisation whose remit was to provide advice and guidance to ex offenders who were attempting to seek employment.

Many people will be familiar with Disclosure Scotland, in particular football coaches for example have to go through the Disclosure process (Especially if working with children or vulnerable adults)

Not familiar with Martindales previous criminal past but it would have been up to his club first to have checked this out when employing him, to determine wether his previous convictions would deem him to be unfit.

...Yet SFA and SPFL silent on Neil Lennon's latest outburst publicy criticising fellow member clubs and showing his open contempt for the Covid protocols which is textbook bring the game into disrepute 

7 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Surely he must have passed SFA badges exams to even be in the position to be able to manage a team?

If so, do they just take money to pay for the course, and not check if the person is fit to run a team????

I coach kids football, before doing any courses I needed to complete a disclosure. As far as I am aware there aren't any hurdles to coach adults. Just sign up, pay for courses and off you go. Apologies if answered already, haven't read the whole thread yet.

9 hours ago, Locky said:

As it says. In the build up to a match vs Celtic, SFA have announced they are going to investigate the appointment of David Martindale due to his criminal past. The man has been in charge for 2 months now, and not a word. The timing is very suspicious indeed.

Of course, this comes in the same week that the manager with the most chequered history in the Scottish game, launched a verbal attack on several member clubs, as well as authorities and government alike. Alas, no comment from the SFA or SPFL since then. Also, only 2 months ago, a man who spent jail time for a horrific, violent assault, played in Scotland's playoff match with Serbia, the biggest game in years for the national team. The SFA had no problem allowing him to be capped.

I'll be honest, I wasn't a big fan of Martindale and the setup at Livi when I read about it upon Holt's resignation, but he's doing a terrific job at Livingston. I hope they absolutely ragdoll those scumbags tonight, just like they should've done on Saturday.

"Suspicious" suggests there's some element of doubt.

The timing is entirely to be expected.

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

They should be investigating Lennon. 

They should be investigating several aspects of that manky club. Dubai-gate is the least of it.

brunoatemyhamster
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Good plan but unfortunately Sweep already has a very highly  responsible job at the SFA/SPFL.

Apparently he is the busiest guy on the staff.

Aye, right enough. 

Feel for him, what with the 12 hours shift he's working all the time. 

At least he's got " Nothing to see here" covering the other 12.

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yeah, he is a reformed man. When convicted and his assets frozen as proceeds from crime, did he voluntarily declare all his assets? 

Did he ****. He kept quiet about property owned in Edinburgh valued at over £300k until he was found out. 

Some rehabilitation. 

Wouldn’t everybody do the same? 

20 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

I coach kids football, before doing any courses I needed to complete a disclosure. As far as I am aware there aren't any hurdles to coach adults. Just sign up, pay for courses and off you go. Apologies if answered already, haven't read the whole thread yet.

Very much this.  This has always been required by the SYFA.   As Livingston has an Academy it contains youth under 16.    I had to apply for my disclosure from Police Scotland for lodging with SFA/SYFA when I was involved with youth football.

According to Martindale the FAI will qualify his coaching application.

50 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And this is the man who some on here think deserves our sympathy! 

TBF, not just on here.

The Scottish media make a virtue out of painting him as a lovely guy, very intelligent, funny, articulate, but maybe a little misunderstood at times.

At the same time he is a victim of widespread, relentless and unprovoked sectarianism and anti-Irish racism.  😀 

Edited by JDK2020

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Anyone heard from his flat mate recently? 

I saw her at the same time and she is fine. Thanks for asking

37 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Flat as in under the patio flat?

They do not have a patio 

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

They never investigated Graham Rix.

Let the carnage begin

3 hours ago, Section Q said:

Gerard's links to people in organised crime has been well documented.

Hasten to add he isn't involved in it to my knowledge.

Don't know if it was true or not, but that song Everton fans sung about him was excellent.   'What's that coming over your wife.  Is it a gangster?' 

TheOnlyWayis51

Considering so little was done in regards to our unfair demotion I'd say that there's hardly anyone fit and proper in that league. Sod them.

If Martindale needs to be subjected to a fit and proper test then it should have been done back in 2016 when be got the assistants job under David Hopkin. It's all BS.

It’s completely unfair. 

The timing is suspect to say the least. 

But it’s Livingston and, as far as I recall, they backed this regime. 

So **** ‘em. 

I mean, c’mon, it’s Livingston!

Edited by Nookie Bear

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's ridiculous, the guys done his time, paid back a 6 figure proceeds of crime order back and rehabilitated himself. The court says the guys fine yet the SFA need to question his character, drag him through their system to clear him like they are above all that. Absolute cretins. 

Indeed , this isnt a Bradley Welsh this is a guy who actually seems to have got out and focussed on sorting himself out so Id give him the benefit of the doubt

Martindale done his time and is rehabilitated. The timing of this announcement is suspicious in the extreme and is just another example of the corruption which is rife in the Scottish game. The game here is beyond repair and Hearts should be looking to get out and into another league. Probably never happen but the club should still investigate the possibility. 

1 minute ago, Libertarian said:

Martindale done his time and is rehabilitated. The timing of this announcement is suspicious in the extreme and is just another example of the corruption which is rife in the Scottish game. The game here is beyond repair and Hearts should be looking to get out and into another league. Probably never happen but the club should still investigate the possibility

We have and we continue to seek out viable alternatives. At this moment there isnt one

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It’s completely unfair. 

The timing is suspect to say the least. 

But it’s Livingston and, as far as I recall, they backed this regime. 

So **** ‘em. 

I mean, c’mon, it’s Livingston!

So, ourselves, Partick and Stenhousemuir were ****ed over by the SFA/SPFL. Inverness & Falkirk both had reasonable grounds to be annoyed. Rangers understandably were miffed about the curtailment of the league. 

This season, they've pissed off Killie & St Mirren, they've went after Livi for no apparent reason on the eve of a crucial match despite having ample time before now to have raised concerns. Who else? 

My point is, that if they continue to burn bridges and piss everyone off (or enough people) then its conceivable that another attempt at ousting them could be tried. You can't keep ****ing clubs over at the rate they are, chairmen have memories and perhaps next season we'll be at enough angry chairmen to get through the change we need. 

Enough clubs releasing simultaneous statements directly calling for Doncaster/Maxwell's resignations might be the sort of action which could help force them out. 

Its laughable they have the jobs they do. Neither is even remotely fit for the positions they hold. 

Absolute disgrace . Leave the guy alone . Haven't those c**** heard of rehabilitation ? It stinks