SFA to conduct 'fit and proper' test on Livingston boss

Locky

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

So, ourselves, Partick and Stenhousemuir were ****ed over by the SFA/SPFL. Inverness & Falkirk both had reasonable grounds to be annoyed. Rangers understandably were miffed about the curtailment of the league. 

This season, they've pissed off Killie & St Mirren, they've went after Livi for no apparent reason on the eve of a crucial match despite having ample time before now to have raised concerns. Who else? 

My point is, that if they continue to burn bridges and piss everyone off (or enough people) then its conceivable that another attempt at ousting them could be tried. You can't keep ****ing clubs over at the rate they are, chairmen have memories and perhaps next season we'll be at enough angry chairmen to get through the change we need. 

Enough clubs releasing simultaneous statements directly calling for Doncaster/Maxwell's resignations might be the sort of action which could help force them out. 

Its laughable they have the jobs they do. Neither is even remotely fit for the positions they hold. 

Hibs have evidence too re the rescheduling of the Celtic match, refusal to do Covid testing and the promise to cancel the St Johnstone cup-tie if any issues resulted from the Celtic game.

There is plenty to run with if anyone is willing to stick their head above the parapet. Falkirk already have but need others to get on board. Rangers keeping their powder dry but must see an opportunity to get Doncaster and Maxwell nailed.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Locky

• john thomas

• JDK2020

• quockerwodgerjambo

Nelly Terraces
12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It's ridiculous, the guys done his time, paid back a 6 figure proceeds of crime order back and rehabilitated himself. The court says the guys fine yet the SFA need to question his character, drag him through their system to clear him like they are above all that. Absolute cretins. 

2 hours ago, Libertarian said:

Martindale done his time and is rehabilitated. The timing of this announcement is suspicious in the extreme and is just another example of the corruption which is rife in the Scottish game. The game here is beyond repair and Hearts should be looking to get out and into another league. Probably never happen but the club should still investigate the possibility. 

Totally agree with all the posts on this thread & these 2 in particular. The guy has served his punishment, but everyone deserves a second chance and he has obviously done a lot to turn his life round & rehabilitate himself. I feel so sorry for the fella being dragged through this latest SFA charade - it's utterly shameful. Just heard him on the radio & he seemed a very open & honest guy in realtion to his past - fair play to the guy.

Guess Scottish football is all so rosey the barstewards in charge have nothing better to do with their time than go through this pathtic witchunt. There's only one bunch of people deserving of an investigation into whether they're 'fit & proper' or not & they're the bent ****s in the blazers sitting in Hampden working for the SFA/SPFL. They're total scum.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

Martindale gave an interview on BBC Scotland 2 months ago admitting his past and was very open about it. So why is this happening now? Sorry just realised they had 2 games against Celtic. Why does this country allow this ob ious intimidation too happen. 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Indeed , this isnt a Bradley Welsh this is a guy who actually seems to have got out and focussed on sorting himself out so Id give him the benefit of the doubt

agree

Ex member of the SaS
15 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Hibs have evidence too re the rescheduling of the Celtic match, refusal to do Covid testing and the promise to cancel the St Johnstone cup-tie if any issues resulted from the Celtic game.

There is plenty to run with if anyone is willing to stick their head above the parapet. Falkirk already have but need others to get on board. Rangers keeping their powder dry but must see an opportunity to get Doncaster and Maxwell nailed.

I think Sevco will keep quiet until they have won the league. If they kick off now it might just see the end and null and void dragged out.

15 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

If Rangers make another attempt to oust them then others need to be ready to step up this time, not to merely follow their agenda but to be in there making their voices heard in equal measures. It will take a joint effort from a number of the bigger clubs to unseat these rats and push forward with a fairer regime.

A big problem is the placemen within the mhedia who continually ply the tims agenda and dictate, or divert, public opinion. Some may think that's far fetched but how else do you explain the fact that the Lawwell/SPFL/SFA cabal have consistently managed to ride roughshod over so many clubs, picking them off at will, and with hardly a murmur of disquiet? Why no media outrage at the patently unfair treatment of Hearts, PTFC and Stranraer? Why no rumpus at Hibs having to bend to their will to allow them to piss off to Dubai? The media set the agenda and if ordinary fans see no concern within the media then it greatly simplifies the cabal's job of silencing dissent.

The only people who are not fit and proper in Scottish Football work in the SFA & Scottish Premiership.

As for Martindale he’s paid his dues and is a fantastic example of turning your life around and these 

idiots in charge of OUR game should be looking into the hold Celtic and Rangers have on our game. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

The only people who are not fit and proper in Scottish Football work in the SFA & Scottish Premiership.

As for Martindale he’s paid his dues and is a fantastic example of turning your life around and these 

idiots in charge of OUR game should be looking into the hold Celtic and Rangers have on our game. 

Yup.

Livingston should be asking about the timing. Its suspect as ****.

9 minutes ago, john thomas said:

The timing of what ?

The timing of raising this fit and proper person nonsense. They've had two months (plus he's been involved with Livi since 2016) and they decide to investigate the day they're due to play Celtic?

Probably someone has already mentioned the hypocrisy of this; Scottish Football Establishment's utter acceptance that the Glib and Shameless Liar was an OK guy to be the loudmouthed head honcho of a team based in Scotland but are now, after five years, chasing after Martindale who from what I've heard from him is honest, upfront and regretful about his past.

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

The timing of raising this fit and proper person nonsense. They've had two months (plus he's been involved with Livi since 2016) and they decide to investigate the day they're due to play Celtic?

That didn't happen . Martindale's meeting had been cancelled previously and rescheduled for yesterday . As he himself said on Saturday that would have to be changed because of Livi's rearranged fixture .

It is only correct that the SFA do a check , that shouldn't be in dispute .

I'm sure he will be allowed to continue with his career .

The utter nonsense about this all being a plot because Livi were playing Celtic is beyond embarrassment .

Quite a few on here have shown themselves to be absolute clowns

quockerwodgerjambo

Why has it taken so long to do a fit and proper test on Martindale, it isn't news that he has had a tainted past. I understand the need to have decent law abiding people in high level jobs, especially ones that involve public scrutiny like Sport. However Martindale has been involved with Professional Football for a number of years, he has worked on rebuilding and reforming his lifestyle.

7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

That didn't happen . Martindale's meeting had been cancelled previously and rescheduled for yesterday . As he himself said on Saturday that would have to be changed because of Livi's rearranged fixture .

It is only correct that the SFA do a check , that shouldn't be in dispute .

I'm sure he will be allowed to continue with his career .

The utter nonsense about this all being a plot because Livi were playing Celtic is beyond embarrassment .

Quite a few on here have shown themselves to be absolute clowns

Fair enough - assuming that's correct, its still not good enough. He's 10 games in now. If there was a question regarding him being fit and proper this should have been asked and answered two months ago. There has been zero mention of this fit and proper test stuff until the week they play Celtic which either way has terrible optics.

I assume the reason for having this 'fit and proper' test is to to protect the integrity of the game. Imagine the disrepute and negative publicity it would bring our league if Livi had to then sack their manager for being a convicted drug dealer and failing the fit and proper test? Its absolutely unacceptable its taken 2 months. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

Fair enough - assuming that's correct, its still not good enough. He's 10 games in now. If there was a question regarding him being fit and proper this should have been asked and answered two months ago. There has been zero mention of this fit and proper test stuff until the week they play Celtic which either way has terrible optics.

I assume the reason for having this 'fit and proper' test is to to protect the integrity of the game. Imagine the disrepute and negative publicity it would bring our league if Livi had to then sack their manager for being a convicted drug dealer and failing the fit and proper test? Its absolutely unacceptable its taken 2 months. 

Again it hasn't . He was interviewed/applied , I think , last season and was rejected .

I think the SFA are obliged to do checks like this .

It is not some piece of convoluted skulduggery as has been made out on here .

It didn't suddenly appear the week they are playing Celtic . I never saw any reference to it yesterday

I am well aware Celtic mostly get their own way but some of the conspiracy theories on here are fookin mental

quockerwodgerjambo
16 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Again it hasn't . He was interviewed/applied , I think , last season and was rejected .

I think the SFA are obliged to do checks like this .

It is not some piece of convoluted skulduggery as has been made out on here .

It didn't suddenly appear the week they are playing Celtic . I never saw any reference to it yesterday

I am well aware Celtic mostly get their own way but some of the conspiracy theories on here are fookin mental

Can you expand this please... Again it hasn't . He was interviewed/applied , I think , last season and was rejected .

Curious to know the ins and outs of what you said.

2 hours ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Can you expand this please... Again it hasn't . He was interviewed/applied , I think , last season and was rejected .

Curious to know the ins and outs of what you said.

Look at the post I was answering ?

Went through the fit and proper procedure last season . This has been an ongoing process

quockerwodgerjambo
58 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Look at the post I was answering ?

Went through the fit and proper procedure last season . This has been an ongoing process

Crazy. I thought they had went through it already. Does that mean he is still unfit for purpose then ?

Cheers for answering.

46 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Crazy. I thought they had went through it already. Does that mean he is still unfit for purpose then ?

Cheers for answering.

Innocent until proven guilty ?

quockerwodgerjambo
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

Innocent until proven guilty ?

No idea why they need to look at again, let him get on with his life and career.

19 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

No idea why they need to look at again, let him get on with his life and career.

Don't really disagree but the point that was being made was that it was all a plot to upset Livi before they were due to play Celtic .

I've actually burst out laughing while typing that

Unfortunately it is what many people on here seem to think

quockerwodgerjambo
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Don't really disagree but the point that was being made was that it was all a plot to upset Livi before they were due to play Celtic .

I've actually burst out laughing while typing that

Unfortunately it is what many people on here seem to think

Madness.

The very fact Celtic are scummy *******s, makes it very pleasing.

Conspire away .

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Fit and proper you say?

10844F64-11F5-423F-8969-F28B2420C1F9.jpeg

😀 Classic 

They must have got wind of the news he's getting the boot.    Cue bad image,  on celtic TV no less.   To be sure. 

Photographer: "can you say Eddie howe into the camera for me, Neil". 

Neil: "uh? , urgh? , uh?". 

Edited by HMFC01

I’m not 100% convinced that someone who was middle to top end of dealing in death and misery and only stopped because he was caught SHOULD actually be employed in the game. I can’t abide drug dealers and he was a major player. He did it by choice, made a lot of money from it no doubt and people no doubt died because he facilitated a drug supply to them. Is a person who did that actually a fit and proper person ? I can imagine the attitude on here if he was Hibs manager, something that is still perfectly possible and I certainly wouldn’t want such a person employed by Hearts.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m not 100% convinced that someone who was middle to top end of dealing in death and misery and only stopped because he was caught SHOULD actually be employed in the game. I can’t abide drug dealers and he was a major player. He did it by choice, made a lot of money from it no doubt and people no doubt died because he facilitated a drug supply to them. Is a person who did that actually a fit and proper person ? I can imagine the attitude on here if he was Hibs manager, something that is still perfectly possible and I certainly wouldn’t want such a person employed by Hearts.

It's a tough one. 

Truth be told if you kicked all the bad uns out of Scottish football, there wouldnt be many left in Scottish football.

On 21/01/2021 at 03:42, JDK2020 said:

If Rangers make another attempt to oust them then others need to be ready to step up this time, not to merely follow their agenda but to be in there making their voices heard in equal measures. It will take a joint effort from a number of the bigger clubs to unseat these rats and push forward with a fairer regime.

A big problem is the placemen within the mhedia who continually ply the tims agenda and dictate, or divert, public opinion. Some may think that's far fetched but how else do you explain the fact that the Lawwell/SPFL/SFA cabal have consistently managed to ride roughshod over so many clubs, picking them off at will, and with hardly a murmur of disquiet? Why no media outrage at the patently unfair treatment of Hearts, PTFC and Stranraer? Why no rumpus at Hibs having to bend to their will to allow them to piss off to Dubai? The media set the agenda and if ordinary fans see no concern within the media then it greatly simplifies the cabal's job of silencing dissent.

Agree 100% unfortunately if it happens it'll be the same old status quo were the left arse cheek gets booted out for a while and the right one rules the roost for a few years and then repeat for another 100 years.

Taking us out of the equation can you think of any other team in Scotland to stand up to the two arse cheeks we can but hope.

16 hours ago, andi17 said:

Agree 100% unfortunately if it happens it'll be the same old status quo were the left arse cheek gets booted out for a while and the right one rules the roost for a few years and then repeat for another 100 years.

Taking us out of the equation can you think of any other team in Scotland to stand up to the two arse cheeks we can but hope.

My point is that this is a critical juncture and it's up to the clubs to get together and ensure that doesn't happen. If the likes of Ann Budge and Dave Cormack and whoever cannot get together with Rangers (after all that has gone in in 2020 and 2021 so far) and conceive and negotiate a better deal for ALL clubs then they shouldn't be in the positions they are in - and the game's a bogey.

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Martindale being interviewed on Football Focus at 12 on BBC 1. 

Did very well, a good honest interview.

Deserves (maybe not the right word) his chance.

Hope the SFA don't screw him.

Bang on the money mate but my money would still be on the game being a bogey if Rangers become top dogs again they will give as much of a fek about everyone else in the same way their arse cheek brothers do just now

Fozzyonthefence
On 22/01/2021 at 12:47, JimmyCant said:

I understand your point of view but I can’t see why it is deemed ok for players to carry on their player careers after being convicted of serious crimes but the same logic isn’t applied to managers.  

I can, however, understand how it is important for club owners / people running the financial side of things to be fit and proper.  I mean you wouldn’t want someone convicted of tax evasion running a club with previous for non payment of taxes.  Except in Scotland. 

The SFA made a rod for their own back when they gave the OK to Dave King. Having said that I like the guy and glad he has been given the chance as he has certainly turned his lifestyle around. I liked his comment when asked if he had got in with the wrong crowd, his answer was that he was the wrong crowd.

Edited by David Black

4 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/david-martin-passes-livingston-fit-23385024

The Smellic mind games were in vain anyway. They really are trash.

I'm pleased for the guy. He came across very well in the "On The Ball" piece on Saturday as a guy who had turned his life around. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

There’s no excuse for this. It wasn’t really necessary in the first place but to announce the investigation publicly - coincidently ahead of a game against Celtic - and then issue a ‘nothing to see here’ statement less than a week later is a disgrace. This should have been done privately, if at all. 

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s no excuse for this. It wasn’t really necessary in the first place but to announce the investigation publicly - coincidently ahead of a game against Celtic - and then issue a ‘nothing to see here’ statement less than a week later is a disgrace. This should have been done privately, if at all. 

The SFA will stop at nothing to seek an advantage for Celtic. They are not even subtle about it.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not supporting the SFA in any way but , again , not how it happened .

Common sense just to let the guy get on with being a productive member of society .

Things just don't work that way nowadays .

p.s. you actually think this was some kind of machiavellian plot ?

The sportsound podcast last night suggested that even if he were to fail the fit and proper test he could still remain as Head Coach. They are investigating his role as head of football operations at Livingston.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Not supporting the SFA in any way but , again , not how it happened .

Common sense just to let the guy get on with being a productive member of society .

Things just don't work that way nowadays .

p.s. you actually think this was some kind of machiavellian plot ?

No but there’s a very obvious hierarchy when it comes to the way clubs are dealt with.

Prince Buaben

Common sense approach by the SFA. 

Listened to him before the first game they played v Celtic on Sportsound and they asked him about it. He was saying they initially wanted it at 3pm the same day they were due to play Celtic. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No but there’s a very obvious hierarchy when it comes to the way clubs are dealt with.

No doubt Celtic get mostly their own way at the moment . Depressingly it will probably be Rangers turn next .

To suggest , as many have , that this was a scheme to upset Livi before they played Celtic is more fekkin nuts than anything I've seen on here before

Are people generally suggesting, in among the Celtic conspiracy nonsense about the timing, that there should be no licensing checks for managers?  

He passed the check, but if you were applying for any position in the country with management responsibilities you'd expect to be checked.  It's done and he's passed, doesn't mean he should just have been accepted without it