Crucial period coming up.

upgotheheads

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

He definitely wants to attack but sometimes the home team starts well and pins us back. It happens. We've done it ourselves when we've played Rangers or Celtic. With GMS and Ginnelly though we should be much more threatening than in recent games, even if not right from the first whistle depending on how the other team starts.

He didn’t set us up to attack in the first half against Dundee. It was only after he changed the formation at half time that we posed a threat.

As you say let’s hope with GMS and Ginnelly available he can be more positive from the start.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Heartsofgold

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

On 18/01/2021 at 09:46, upgotheheads said:

Raith at home Saturday 23rd January.

Raith away Tuesday 26th.

Dunfermline home Saturday 30th.

Three wins and we've nailed it imo.

On 18/01/2021 at 10:18, TexasAndy said:

Dundee are still in the mix, would be good if they dropped points over this period.  

On 18/01/2021 at 10:49, Scott980612 said:

Yeah I agree 

9 points  

3 clean sheets. 
And goals please!

three closest challengers:    relative change over the three  games;

Raith,  6 points                  =

Dunfermline, 2 points      -4

Dundee, 1 point               -5        (only played two games)

So not too bad, although if we had beaten Raith at Tynecastle  it would have been all over bar the shouting.

On 30/01/2021 at 17:15, upgotheheads said:

three closest challengers:    relative change over the three  games;

Raith,  6 points                  =

Dunfermline, 2 points      -4

Dundee, 1 point               -5        (only played two games)

So not too bad, although if we had beaten Raith at Tynecastle  it would have been all over bar the shouting.

Yeah.  I know there are those who think this league is done and dusted but I have seen too may seasons to take anything for granted and always look to see what rivals are doing.  Next up Dunfermline v Raith.  I am thinking a draw here perhaps?

2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Yeah.  I know there are those who think this league is done and dusted but I have seen too may seasons to take anything for granted and always look to see what rivals are doing.  Next up Dunfermline v Raith.  I am thinking a draw here perhaps?

I'm taking nothing for granted either. Seen it and heard it all before. Should be a tight game, Dunfermline v Raith but Dunfermline can't score and Raith seem to score loads. Narrow Raith win I think.

32 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Feeling much more confidant with the new signings. A draw between Dunf and Raith would suit us just fine too.

I agree, and with three new players competing for places (4 if you include GMS) then some players who have been operating in their comfort zones will have to up their game. FWIW there were lots of times in our disastrous last season that I thought that was one of our biggest problems, second only to the hologram goalie.