Missed Video Chat.

Sharpie

Earlier when I sat down to use my computer I logged on to Facebook. I saw there was a message, I was somewhat surprised to see it was from our daughter, and was marked 2hrs. she was advising me she would be contacting me later and did I have a camera on my PC. My reason for shock was our daughter died eight years ago. I checked a bit further and sure enough the date was 17 January. Its amazing how your mind works, I immediately thought was there some error about her death, then common sense told me no, get real, so I checked back further and the date was in fact todays but it was 2013. It doesn't seem to have any relevance as to an anniversary of some sort, is it just something Facebook does once in a while, or is it another scam.  Whatever there is one thing I learned over 36 years of policing, when your dead your dead, and as a Father, son, brother, husband , and having lost all those relatives, and  many others I only knew as a sudden death I was investigating,  death is not something that should be open to any error or opportunism.

Facebook each day tends to send you a notificationn of things that have happened that day in previous years. It could well be this. Could you tell she sent it to your Facebook feed/page or was it a private message between yourself and her? Typically private messages will pop up on thr bottom right of the screen.

Can imagine it would be rather jarring especially when video calls are now a necessity in covid times!