Lionel Messi: red card for Barcelona

HMFC01

Stephane Grappelli
3 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Huh, just a jumped up Scotty Broon when it boils down to it. 

:spoton:

It's just a shame that referees have waited until their careers are over in everything but name only before having the guts to start sending them off.

At least everyone apart from Celtic fans realise that Scott Brown is an absolute rat. There are some very thick, gullible people out there who believe the Messi hype that he is some sort of saint.

mickycameron98

Messi has lost his spark. He's not in a great team anymore and has not been the same last couple of years. No way he will still be producing like Ronaldo is when he is 35/36. 

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, mickycameron98 said:

Messi has lost his spark. He's not in a great team anymore and has not been the same last couple of years. No way he will still be producing like Ronaldo is when he is 35/36. 

Exactly, it's sad to see his decline. Can still score the odd goal against the likes of Betis or Valladolid but in the big domestic games or in Europe, nothing.

Ronaldo is just on a different level in terms of ability, condition and will to win. One thing they have in common though is that they both scored their last el clasico goal in the same match. When you consider that Ronaldo has been in Italy for the last three years though that tells you something. 

Pichichi Madridistas! Pichichi! 

It’s sad bitterness doesn’t allow some folks to enjoy two incredible players in Messi and Ronaldo. 

Everyone knows in their heart who’s better though. 

Stephane Grappelli
47 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Pichichi Madridistas! Pichichi! 

It’s sad bitterness doesn’t allow some folks to enjoy two incredible players in Messi and Ronaldo. 

Everyone knows in their heart who’s better though. 

That awkward moment when someone doesn't speak Spanish but thinks they can...

:facepalm:

When i saw this thread i knew one person would be all over it with their obsession to play down one of the greatest players to have played the game because they cant see past another player and team.

Appreciating both is clearly impossible.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

When i saw this thread i knew one person would be all over it with their obsession to play down one of the greatest players to have played the game because they cant see past another player and team.

For him anyway. Ronaldo and Messi are both fantastic, as it’s been said though the wee man will need to find his spark again to get back to the top of his game. It will be interesting to see if Barca with no money will keep him or if he goes elsewhere as Ronaldo did which might just revitalise him. 

Stephane Grappelli
54 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

For him anyway. Ronaldo and Messi are both fantastic, as it’s been said though the wee man will need to find his spark again to get back to the top of his game. It will be interesting to see if Barca with no money will keep him or if he goes elsewhere as Ronaldo did which might just revitalise him. 

It's all just a laugh lads. Messi is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, of all time. He does have that dark side though and gets away with things that other players don't, which is the serious point I'm trying to make. 

A lot of my comments were just in response to a certain other poster who seems to have taken a shine to me and keeps stalking me across various threads using various whatever else. Very odd behaviour but each to their own I suppose. Maybe I should be flattered.

Just FYI, that Messi goal in the clip was the winner in the April 2017 clasico when Madrid and Barça were neck and neck for the title.  Madrid went on to win the league and threw in the Champions League for good measure.  You could argue that in that instance Barça are more like Hibs, wildly celebrating a "derby" win which ultimately turned out to be pretty meaningless. 

It's amazing with the treatment both have suffered down the years, that they've played so many games for both club and Country. As for the red card. I'll forgive the odd nutcase moment because of the Hatchet Men who think putting these 2 out the game makes them important. 

Football is going to miss these 2 lads when they hang their boots. 

Edited by ri Alban

Stephane Grappelli
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's amazing with the treatment both have suffered down the years, that they've played so many games for both club and Country. As for the red card. I'll forgive the odd nutcase moment because of the Hatchet Men who think putting these 2 out the game makes them important. 

Very true mate. Two incredible players that we've been blessed to have playing at the same time at such a high level over so many years.

I still wouldn't choose either of them ahead of Robbo though!

Pasquale for King
21 hours ago, sadj said:

Superb hadn’t seen that 🤣 #Naeluck 

🤣

Wasn’t even mentioned on SSN 🤷🏾‍♂️

19 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I see Casanova scored again😉

Hahahahaha 

1 hour ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Very true mate. Two incredible players that we've been blessed to have playing at the same time at such a high level over so many years.

I still wouldn't choose either of them ahead of Robbo though!

Robbo, King Kenny and Zico are my football Gods. Also a big fan of Lineker and Shilton. 

Stephane Grappelli
59 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Robbo, King Kenny and Zico are my football Gods. Also a big fan of Lineker and Shilton. 

Great players although I've gone off Shilton a bit in recent years!

46 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Great players although I've gone off Shilton a bit in recent years!

I have as well. His attitude with Maradona was shite. 

Stephane Grappelli
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I have as well. His attitude with Maradona was shite. 

Exactly! He's a bitter bugger!

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Step up Craig Wighton. 

• 4 weeks later...