Shrek the Mafia Game

yvonnejambo

No point overreacting on the back of day one voting. The goons got lucky and have been lucky the past few games. The mistake the town have made the past few games though was to hit the panic mode. 

vlad often reacts by going after someone he thinks may have contributed to something to get a reaction. Been on the end of that a couple of times. Nothing to suggest Sean is 100% goon though agree he is acting suspicious. 

Not a lot to go on so will hold off voting for the time being. 

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Riddley Walker

• Stuart McNeill

• Morgaro Gomis

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
9 minutes ago, Dunks said:

So Sheldon and Boof are goons and the assassin is a dick.

Have I got that right?

The assassin is a dick and Boof might be a goon, but I'm certainly not 👍

So we’ve got an assassin who’s just killing for shits and giggles. No other explanation as to why he/she would use a bullet based on virtually nothing.

Edited by iantjambo

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

So we’ve got an assassin who’s just killing for shits and giggles. No other explanation as to why he/she would use 2 bullets based on virtually nothing.

We've got an assassin who never read the rules - they can't win on their own and are effectively a townie with powers. They also never used any bullets, they used a dagger. And they done so once, being two further chances to make an erse of it.

Vote iantjambo

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

We've got an assassin who never read the rules - they can't win on their own and are effectively a townie with powers. They also never used any bullets, they used a dagger. And they done so once, being two further chances to make an erse of it.

Vote iantjambo

Not reading the rules is just as bad.

42 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Have I got that right?

Woooo

tenor.gif

Woooo

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Didn’t realise the assassin couldn’t win. What are they playing at then?

Just wanted to be involved in the night 1 activities.

Or as Dunks said, they didn’t read the rules.

Either way, not only did they take out an important good player. They also wasted a kill that could’ve been vital later.

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Have I got that right?

Don't know. No. Looks like it.

Working in work today. Access reduced. 

Tenaciousdandy

The assassin going for a kill so early in is a strange one especially as stated there kills will definitely be more important later when we are more likely to have an idea of who the goons might be 

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Working til six but will get on before deadline and vote. I'm drawn to Boof at the moment but that might change. 

Whats your thoughts on Sheldon?

5 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

The only thing in i can see in Dawns chat was a minor spat with sheldon. Then gets taken out by the assassin? 🤔

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Seats said:

The only thing in i can see in Dawns chat was a minor spat with sheldon. Then gets taken out by the assassin? 🤔

Shapes and Dawn had a little argument last game, both apologised tho, shape put dawn into a tie with me and Sheldon just before Sean put Andy into the lead 

8 minutes ago, Seats said:

1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Shapes and Dawn had a little argument last game, both apologised tho, shape put dawn into a tie with me and Sheldon just before Sean put Andy into the lead 

Why are you to trying to help the goons find out who Puss in Boots is? 🤔

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
14 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Appreciate you're suspicious of me putting you in a tie last night but for the record I have zero reason to suspect you, but that was the same for every player last night, including those in the tie with me at the time. Proved to be irrelevant anyway.

I read the brief on the assassin and it didn't even register that they can't win 😂 the reasons behind the Dawn kill are well recognised. Just bad luck that he was a mason, we would've been laughing had he been a goon.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

I'm suggesting that boof or shapes or Sean for lynching Andy could be goons with sheldon by adding players to a tie/lynching andy, obviously I could be way off and im actually not sure if they would be that obvious on day 1, but it was the only things that looks dodgy on day 1 as there is nothing else to go on

6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

No exactly playing for the town our puss, is he?

5 minutes ago, Seats said:

No exactly playing for the town our puss, is he?

No. But hopefully he/she has learned their listen and starts playing for us.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
8 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I'm suggesting that boof or shapes or Sean for lynching Andy could be goons with sheldon by adding players to a tie/lynching andy, obviously I could be way off and im actually not sure if they would be that obvious on day 1, but it was the only things that looks dodgy on day 1 as there is nothing else to go on

You are way off.

The lack of activity around deadline spoke volumes.

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

You are way off.

The lack of activity around deadline spoke volumes.

Tbh it wouldn't be the first time lol

38 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

No. But hopefully he/she has learned their listen and starts playing for us.

Which makes me think it defo isn’t shapes which I was thinking. Surely an experienced player such as her wouldn’t make that mistake. 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
47 minutes ago, Seats said:

We seem to be very distracted by the (rubbish so far) assasin, as the goons sit pishing themselves 🤨

Yep. Not worth bothering about, what's done is done.

I think my focus will be on a player low down the voting record, so someone with either 1 or 0 votes. Try and get a reaction from somebody.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Yep. Not worth bothering about, what's done is done.

I think my focus will be on a player low down the voting record, so someone with either 1 or 0 votes. Try and get a reaction from somebody.

Yeah, feels like we have a few keeping a low profile (prob lots at work to be fair). Gonna leave my vote where it is, bunny and stuart on my dodgy list.

2 hours ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Not sure. The taking risks as a townie comment was weird because Sheldon is one of the safest players there is, roled or not. Although he did contribute more last game and wasn't as safe. I don't think him and Boof are both goons, but I think one probably is.

Stuart McNeill
4 minutes ago, Seats said:

Yeah, feels like we have a few keeping a low profile (prob lots at work to be fair). Gonna leave my vote where it is, bunny and stuart on my dodgy list.

You said not to rush in as we're on the back foot. But you instantly jumped on Bunny. 

I'm not defending him as I don't know they're role but C'mon don't come at me with that. 

Stuart McNeill

While also pointing out that fact. Sean voted me when I didn't even say I was going to vote seats considering the situation we are in. 

Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

You said not to rush in as we're on the back foot. But you instantly jumped on Bunny. 

I'm not defending him as I don't know they're role but C'mon don't come at me with that. 

I jumped on bunny because dawn voted for bunny. Unlikely to vote for another mason, so seems a safe(ish) vote. Your reaction was a bit defensive for no obvious reason, hence why i'm a bit suspicious. I have nothing else to go on.

Stuart McNeill
1 minute ago, Seats said:

I jumped on bunny because dawn voted for bunny. Unlikely to vote for another mason, so seems a safe(ish) vote. Your reaction was a bit defensive for no obvious reason, hence why i'm a bit suspicious. I have nothing else to go on.

The shit show that allowed the goons to win last game was because a mason KILLED another mason day 1.

Im not saying its happened again but nothing really surprises me in this game now 😂

Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

The shit show that allowed the goons to win last game was because a mason KILLED another mason day 1.

Im not saying its happened again but nothing really surprises me in this game now 😂

Wtf 🙈

All is not lost though. There is still the possibility of the cop not being found and the last remaining mason being able to give a trust list. 

last night sadly told us nothing. 

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Not sure. The taking risks as a townie comment was weird because Sheldon is one of the safest players there is, roled or not. Although he did contribute more last game and wasn't as safe. I don't think him and Boof are both goons, but I think one probably is.

Yeah that's true, and he has gave decent reasons for him doing so, so I'm inclined to believe him for now, boof also gave valid reasons for his vote change so will see how he plays the game later to see if he's playing differently to his usual style to whether I'll placing my vote on him or not, so won't be rushing in as we can't afford to lose anymore good roles so early in the game

Vote bunny 

seats has a solid point. Dawnrazor voted him and unless we are going through the whole peaky saga killing his fellow mason then it is safe to assume bunny isn’t the other mason. Could of course be the cop but there isn’t much else to go on. 

Tenaciousdandy
8 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

All is not lost though. There is still the possibility of the cop not being found and the last remaining mason being able to give a trust list. 

last night sadly told us nothing. 

We need to lynch charming before the end of day 3 or any trust list will be useless like in the last game by him turning someone, so the cop and remaining mason may as well keep quiet unless the cops finds a goon and even then they shouldn't out themselves straight away like the Stuart lynching last game 

Riddley Walker

After a read back through I'm not really sure on anything tbh. 

The assassin was clearly trying to frame Shapes, or at least throw some suspicion or thoughts her way. I don't think we should focus on it too much as it could be anyone and hopefully now they've realised they should be a bit more selective and hopefully town friendly with their bullets. 

Re Boof, Sheldon - **** knows. I think Boof is playing a bit differently. I'm sure last time he was a goon he was less active in the same way. 

I don't think a vote on Andy, who had a bit of a disaster last game, is enough to make me suspicious of someone. 

Alim and Morgaro have been quiet today. But so have I, and even though I gave advance warning of my quietness I don't think it's that fair to give folk a hard time on a Monday for not posting much. 

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Vote bunny 

seats has a solid point. Dawnrazor voted him and unless we are going through the whole peaky saga killing his fellow mason then it is safe to assume bunny isn’t the other mason. Could of course be the cop but there isn’t much else to go on. 

Bunny has been quiet too but then he's often quite quiet. 

Peaky voted for Sheldon too, so that's another we can (surely) add to the non Mason list

18 minutes ago, Seats said:

I'm not a mason (I'm a townie) but even that logic is flawed. Thats how a doc/cop end up lynched.

You're sticking out for me Seats - not because you've voted for me I may add. I cant decide if you're in inexperienced townie or an inexperienced goon.

Can you answer,

1) Why you thinking throwing a vote on a player is a good idea in the aftermath of a pretty poor day 1, with the only justification 'they're probably not a mason'.

2) You seem unmoved by the idea of the goons going for the assassin, do you not think the assassin could be valuable to the town?

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

I'm not a mason (I'm a townie) but even that logic is flawed. Thats how a doc/cop end up lynched.

You're sticking out for me Seats - not because you've voted for me I may add. I cant decide if you're in inexperienced townie or an inexperienced goon.

Can you answer,

1) Why you thinking throwing a vote on a player is a good idea in the aftermath of a pretty poor day 1, with the only justification 'they're probably not a mason'.

2) You seem unmoved by the idea of the goons going for the assassin, do you not think the assassin could be valuable to the town?

There is always risks to voting for anyone. Given you are clearly not a mason due to dawn voting for you then that reduces the odds of hitting a good roled player. I can see the logic in seats vote for you.

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

There is always risks to voting for anyone. Given you are clearly not a mason due to dawn voting for you then that reduces the odds of hitting a good roled player. I can see the logic in seats vote for you.

I'm not actually too bothered about the vote on me. Everyone has to vote someone and there is limited logic there.

It's the speed in which he lept upon me with so little justification that's caught my attention.

Edited by Bunny Munro

8 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Can you answer,

I am not inexperienced at all. I am however rusty. My policy was always to throw a few votes around and get some activity, otherwise everyone just sits quietly in the first few days.  In answer to your questions:

1. As above, an early vote can be changed but generally provokes a reaction.

2. The assassin is looking of limited use so far and i dont think you are the assassin.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Why are people so eager to vote for Bunny based on the fact that he can't be the last mason? That doesn't tell us anything and is just as wild a stab in the dark as voting for anyone else.

Going off my thoughts earlier, I'm going to go back to my original day one vote for now.

Vote Alim

Just now, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Why are people so eager to vote for Bunny based on the fact that he can't be the last mason? That doesn't tell us anything and is just as wild a stab in the dark as voting for anyone else.

Going off my thoughts earlier, I'm going to go back to my original day one vote for now.

Vote Alim

You have to vote based on something. Townie's/dwarves are just stabbing in the dark at this stage.

6 minutes ago, Seats said:

I am not inexperienced at all. I am however rusty. My policy was always to throw a few votes around and get some activity, otherwise everyone just sits quietly in the first few days.  In answer to your questions:

1. As above, an early vote can be changed but generally provokes a reaction.

2. The assassin is looking of limited use so far and i dont think you are the assassin.

Sorry, I didn't word that correctly. The sudden jump onto another player as soon as day was called to me seemed like the move of either an inexperienced townie or an inexperienced goon. I know you have played a bit before.

It can be changed, it can also be jumped on and ran with.

The assassin made an arse of last night. I assume they either didn't read the rules or are inexperienced. I'm sure the whole town questioning wtf they were playing at will calm them down somewhat.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Riddley Walker
6 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Vote Alim

I agree with your first para. We can't jump into it today as if we hit another good role we're in deep shit. 

However, I'm personally pretty stumped and unless someone starts suddenly looking guilty we're going to have take a leap of faith at some point. 

Sean's role last night needs to be looked at IMO. 

What can we make of this exchange?

19 hours ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Read into it whatever you want, my man. 

You’re, at best, 50% right. 

19 hours ago, jambosean75 said:

so you're confirming that you are a goon

brave of you

19 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

^^^^ That's a confession, y'all.

If that’s what you want to take from that, go ahead.

Appears to have gone unnoticed?

Morgaro Gomis
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

What can we make of this exchange?

Appears to have gone unnoticed?

As I said at the time, feel free to make what you will of what I said. If you are silly enough to think I’d admit to being a goon, if I were one, crack on and vote me.

You’ll be losing a dwarf but feel free.