Aidy White

Juanjo

13 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Was whyte one of the players rumoured to have got covid few weeks ago?

Ginnelly and Smith were the two. 

9 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

You didn't watch the semi-final or the final?

He won the (clinching) penalty v Hibs, and his brilliant play set up the first goal v Celtic which turned the whole course of the match.

He's hardly had a lot of game time, but you can't say he hasn't left his mark.

Put it another way - he's not Damour, whose only memorable contributions have been giving away possession which led to conceding.

I did see that but I also saw all the other instances where he was less than inspiring. I feel for the guy as it would seem that unless he is injured again he is not in Robbie's plans. He is a grafter unlike many of the current players we have in our squad.

The problem Robbie has is that too many of these lazy players are on decent long term contracts such as Damour who you rightly mention.

How do you get rid of these players is the problem?

Robbie has had to work with what he inherited to a large extent and if truth be known White is the sort of player that should not have been here in the first place.

We need players that can be effective as soon as they arrive not "projects" as CL brought in and then claims we could never have afforded him if he had been fully fit. The guy hadn't played for over two years.

We are a football club not a rehabilitation home for struggling injured players and we can do much better than Aidy White.

14 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Wighton, Whyte , damour all leaving

The first two I can believe as they are out of contract at the end of the season but Damour still has over two years left on his deal.

What have you heard?

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

The first two I can believe as they are out of contract at the end of the season but Damour still has over two years left on his deal.

What have you heard?

Be interesting to hear what hood has heard. Maybe we are paying him up some of his remaining contract as part of any move. Better than paying it all. Just a thought though.

Our options are limited enough for forwards , Wighton should be given the chance to stay till the end of the season and then review based in his performances this term.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Be interesting to hear what hood has heard. Maybe we are paying him up some of his remaining contract as part of any move. Better than paying it all. Just a thought though.

Where's our benefactor when you need him. 😍

Edited by wavydavy

4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Not a fan of White and if we could get him moved on, would be delighted. 

Whilst wighton has improved dramatically this season, I would also be happy if we moved him on. Despite his significant improvement I don’t think he’s good enough. I certainly wouldn’t want to be back in the SPFL with him as a squad never mind a starter. 

I think one of the problems we have had with over the last few years is persevering with sub standard players. Think White and Wighton are in that category. 

If we want to better team we need to improve on the likes of White and Wighton.  

kingsley. his best games are when white has been playing in front of him, coincidence.

3 minutes ago, whyskey said:

kingsley. his best games are when white has been playing in front of him, coincidence.

Fully agree 

4 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

He has definitely improved, however he got a chance to start and impress against Dundee away and he done nothing. He will score the odd goal for us but I just don't think he is good enough.

Aye. He has improved but I feel this is as good as he's ever going to be . It's still not enough. I think we'll move him on as soon as we can.

I'd be shocked, and dismayed, if there's a new contract offered.

Edited by martoon