Aidy White

Juanjo

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think he is injured bud. 

Ok, strange we didn’t hear anything. I thought he was starting to become a really decent option wide left. Certainly played well twice at Hampden.

4 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Ok, strange we didn’t hear anything. I thought he was starting to become a really decent option wide left. Certainly played well twice at Hampden.

We are definitely not hearing as much about injuries/ players unavailable as we used to. 

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I'm in the minority here, but I think Whyte has a fair bit to offer.

At least you’re not in a minority of one. I think he’s done well when he’s played this season. Whether he can keep that going or even if he wants to stay are the two questions. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

He has energy. Used to be a good player,  really good player,  but injury really has hurt him.

Did well at Hampden 

White is no too bad as an attacker but poor defensively.

I only realised when I saw this thread that he was completely missing today. I suppose that says it all in reality.

If we can move him on then Im sure we can find a better use for his wages.

Kind of assumed he had done himself in with the effort of the cup final.  Quite like angry Aidy, but don't see him as being a long term solution.  Happy whatever Robbie has in mind tbh

3 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Was whyte one of the players rumoured to have got covid few weeks ago?

I think it was suggested when Gino had it as he also wasn’t in the team but think he was just injured. 

25 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Wighton, Whyte , damour all leaving

Is this proper ITK info ? Or just hopeful chat ?

He’s done a lot better this year than he did last but we should be aiming for better.

I think moving him on now isn’t as much an issue with GMS coming in. Halliday can play left back and GMS can play left wing. 

jamboinglasgow
36 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

If thats the case its quite a clear out this window they want. Added to Lee already leaving, Moore being offered the chance to go on loan, then you are really cutting back the squad. Added to Souttar unlikely to play this season, Zlamel off if they can shift him (but rumours on here that he is staying till end of season.) 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Weakened Offender
32 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I like him. He's got a lot of fight and  energy in his play that others don't have. 

30 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Isn't Wighton our second top scorer or thereabouts?

I think (just think, I don’t know) there are a lot of players on the way out either this window or next. Bit of long term planning going on. Is Wighton an asset this season? Yes. Will he be an asset next season? Probably not. 

Regal Kingston

Won the penalty in the semi final. The gamble was worthwhile for that alone. 
Thought he had a good game against Celtic too. Certainly wouldn’t rush him out but he’s probably not the answer. 

Maybe worth keeping as a squad player if his wages are relatively low. 

White is a good squad player but with Halliday able to provide good cover at LB we would be fine if he left. Non-plussed either way now that Ginnelly and GMS are available.

52 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

So do I.  You can actually see why he was a regular in the Championship down south for a couple of season.  He's been unfortunate with injuries.

6 minutes ago, Regal Kingston said:

Won the penalty in the semi final. The gamble was worthwhile for that alone. 
Thought he had a good game against Celtic too. Certainly wouldn’t rush him out but he’s probably not the answer. 

Maybe worth keeping as a squad player if his wages are relatively low. 

In the final it was his excellent play that started off the move for Boyce's goal.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Isn't Wighton our second top scorer or thereabouts?

Wighton still top scorer according to BBC stats that do not include the Scottish Cup as that was technically last season's competition even though the games were played this season.

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 22.01.25.png

1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

You have my agreement there. 

Am I missing something regarding Wighton? He's finally done this season, what we expected from him, and people seem happy to see him go? We forgetting that we're already in the market for a striker with him on the books? Without him, we'd need 2, unless the one we bring in is guaranteed to bag 15+ goals a season and is available every week.

The need for a striker at the moment isn't due to a lack of firepower. We've got goals in us, that's clear to see. As far as I'm concerned, the need for a striker is because ultimately, we only really have Wighton and Boyce, with the latter being rather injury prone. Wighton won't compete for the golden boot, but he's a grafter and coming across as the reliable backup option that all teams need to have.

Where’s he from Yorkshire Surely some team around that area in the English league 1 or 2 would take him on loan ? 

what’s his contract length is he out in the summer or did he get some max contract from Craig ? . 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Fort Vallance
29 minutes ago, SevenTay said:

Wighton still top scorer according to BBC stats that do not include the Scottish Cup as that was technically last season's competition even though the games were played this season.

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 22.01.25.png

Hadn't realised Walkers accuracy was so bad. Stats are horrific for an attacking player.

3 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

Hadn't realised Walkers accuracy was so bad. Stats are horrific for an attacking player.

He couldn’t hit a cows area with a banjo 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Am I missing something regarding Wighton? He's finally done this season, what we expected from him, and people seem happy to see him go? We forgetting that we're already in the market for a striker with him on the books? Without him, we'd need 2, unless the one we bring in is guaranteed to bag 15+ goals a season and is available every week.

The need for a striker at the moment isn't due to a lack of firepower. We've got goals in us, that's clear to see. As far as I'm concerned, the need for a striker is because ultimately, we only really have Wighton and Boyce, with the latter being rather injury prone. Wighton won't compete for the golden boot, but he's a grafter and coming across as the reliable backup option that all teams need to have.

Hope he does well. Wherever he ends up. 

4 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

His improvement this season has been brilliant. I really don't understand the hatred some people have for him

If he left in the summer, I'd have gave zero ****s. But he's chipped in with his fair share of goals this season so I really don't know what some expect. If he'd still not scored this season, fair play. If he goes at the end of the season, or at some point back in the Premiership, I'd understand. But to bin him in January in a season where he's one of our top scorers, seems bizarre.

3 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I have never seen it.

Guest ToqueJambo

I like his enthusiasm and bite, and his versatility. He also shows surprising flashes of skill. I'd give him a contract extension purely for his skill in the cup final to help setup Naisy's goal. As good a passage of play in such a big game as I've ever seen from us.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

His improvement this season has been brilliant. I really don't understand the hatred some people have for him

Some have dug themselves in so deep they just can't admit they might end up being wrong about Wighton. Also see some of the criticism Neilson still gets.

We simply can't afford injury plagued, ageing, bit players.

No, I don't know the ins and outs of our budget, or what percentage of it Aidy White gets but, whatever, it will probably be dough we can't afford to waste.

Nothing against Adrian, personally, but I doubt very much that he's value for money. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Hood09 said:

That would be awesome. Hope this doesnt need to wait till we see which league we may be in next yr.

Re Wighton:

Hearts will move him on if the chance presents itself and it costs us little or nothing.

Anyone seriously believe he's going to be an asset to us in the Premier next season and into the future?

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I have never seen it.

You didn't watch the semi-final or the final?

He won the (clinching) penalty v Hibs, and his brilliant play set up the first goal v Celtic which turned the whole course of the match.

He's hardly had a lot of game time, but you can't say he hasn't left his mark.

Put it another way - he's not Damour, whose only memorable contributions have been giving away possession which led to conceding.

9 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Where’s he from Yorkshire Surely some team around that area in the English league 1 or 2 would take him on loan ? 

what’s his contract length is he out in the summer or did he get some max contract from Craig ? . 

Aidy White to Harrogate would not be a bad shout. But won’t happen this season. 

Jean Louis Valois
7 hours ago, martoon said:

Re Wighton:

Hearts will move him on if the chance presents itself and it costs us little or nothing.

Anyone seriously believe he's going to be an asset to us in the Premier next season and into the future?

He has definitely improved, however he got a chance to start and impress against Dundee away and he done nothing. He will score the odd goal for us but I just don't think he is good enough.