Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Just now, Uncle Buck said:

He was really shite today but at least he never hid like most.

He's a posing passer, never gets stuck. When the going gets tough he disappears.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Cut them open about 4 times. Not the problem.

I agree. He tried to make a difference. Too many other players looked jaded. 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Absolute rubbish. 

he was class again today. In no way the problem. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hero to zero in one game. 😄

i accept he’s not yet a commanding presence yet 

7 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

He makes the occasional good pass but he has no awareness of opposition players around him and loses the ball far too often.

I lost count of how many times it happened today and his mistakes will cost goals against better teams.

He needs to learn how to keep the ball or he won’t be more than an average player.

takes far too long on the ball most times which leads to him getting caught in dangerous areas. Great left peg but the inability to use the right is a worry for me. This leads to him turning back on himself too often and other teams read this very easily. Good prospect but far from being the playmaker we need in the middle . Playing next to Halliday doesn’t help the laddie as he is a waste of a jersey .

5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Absolute rubbish. 

Where did I say he was the problem? Can you read?

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. He tried to make a difference. Too many other players looked jaded. 

Strange how they can be so jaded having played so little football. Irving does try and find the killer pass but when you only play with 1 up front the options are limited. Definitely has the eye for a pass but do we have players that are on the same wavelength?

Jambo in Yorkshire

My point was he needs more awareness, a number of passes were also short of pace.

Im making comments about him not in any way blaming him for a shocking defensive performance.

36 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Cut them open about 4 times. Not the problem.

Correct the lad tries to make things happen not the normal sideways and back passes. He’s lots to learn but needs a quality midfield buddy alongside him

40 minutes ago, H2 said:

He's a posing passer, never gets stuck. When the going gets tough he disappears.

Don't agree with this at all. Always seems willing. To me his biggest flaw is thinking he's the best player on the park. Gordon could have done better for two of the goals. Could our lack of energy in the first hour be down to our aging players...?

Cant  believe some of the comments on here. His completion rate must have been around 80/90 per cent.  He was our top player AGAIN.  He needs to be signed up now.   

20 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct the lad tries to make things happen not the normal sideways and back passes. He’s lots to learn but needs a quality midfield buddy alongside him

spot on , needs one or two round him to put in a shift .He’s in there with frauds and passengers at the moment 

Gimme an H...

Our MotM today again. Put a half decent CM beside him and a bit of pace upfront and he'll run every single show he starts in. 

Wasn't shite today, in the slightest. 

10 minutes ago, Oneneilberry said:

spot on , needs one or two round him to put in a shift .He’s in there with frauds and passengers at the moment 

This. Best player in Maroon today. (Admittedly not too difficult but still). Plays like he gives a ****

Edited by Jamhammer

A_A wehatethehibs
59 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Absolute rubbish. 

Disagree, Much of the game passed him by today. 

Every time we have a bad game it’s every player except Irving’s fault because “at least he tried to make things happen” it was the same ****ing thing last season.

Every player on the pitch today was equally culpable, Irving started the game and was part of the performance. He carries a 1/11th share of the blame which goes to every starter today. And the manager gets 11 shares because he set the whole show up. 

Having said all that, I still hope Irving gets signed, he has been very decent for us, we need to get 1 if not 2 quality athletes to play alongside him and support his growth. Really essential we do that. Center mid and Center half I would say are actually significantly bigger priorities than Center forward which seems to be the only thing Neilson is making noises about. 

23 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe we need to let him go and buy him when he's early 30s after a few injury blighted years and offer a 4 year deal?

I'd laugh if it wasn't too close to the bone. 

south morocco
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Disagree, Much of the game passed him by today. 

Every time we have a bad game it’s every player except Irving’s fault because “at least he tried to make things happen” it was the same ****ing thing last season.

Every player on the pitch today was equally culpable, Irving started the game and was part of the performance. He carries a 1/11th share of the blame which goes to every starter today. And the manager gets 11 shares because he set the whole show up. 

Having said all that, I still hope Irving gets signed, he has been very decent for us, we need to get 1 if not 2 quality athletes to play alongside him and support his growth. Really essential we do that. Center mid and Center half I would say are actually significantly bigger priorities than Center forward which seems to be the only thing Neilson is making noises about. 

Disagree. I thought he was probably our best player today. Also different players do different things obviously so your 1/11th theory is flawed.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

Disagree. I thought he was probably our best player today. Also different players do different things obviously so your 1/11th theory is flawed.

Being the best player in a SHAMBOLIC team performance, does not abdicate him of his share of the team performance. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Absolute rubbish - he played in a ONE man midfield with the others 

missing - he was the only player to get pass marks!

Thought he was our best player today. 
Some pants being pished in tonight on here!

Edited by Pans Jambo

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Thomaso said:

Nobody got pass marks.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Being the best player in a SHAMBOLIC team performance, does not abdicate him of his share of the team performance. 

How do you work that out? Irving who played well, needs to take his share of the blame for shit performances from Smith, Halket, Frear, Naismith, GMS.....🙄

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Nobody got pass marks.

That’s your opinion

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thought he was our best player today. 
Some pants being pished in tonight on here!

Too right there is!

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Thomaso said:

How do you work that out? Irving who played well, needs to take his share of the blame for shit performances from Smith, Halket, Frear, Naismith, GMS.....🙄

How did he “play well”? We were 1-0 down after 5 minutes. Raiths midfield had a pretty easy day out, plenty of time on the ball. 

south morocco

In my opinion it does. His share as you put it was reasonable enough today, not shambolic. 

How did he “play well”? We were 1-0 down after 5 minutes. Raiths midfield had a pretty easy day out, plenty of time on the ball. 

So was Irving’s fault we were 1-0 down after 5 minutes! Are you at the wind up?

Raith had time on the ball because Halliday and Naismith were posted missing!

Edited by Thomaso

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Absolute rubbish. 

He was nowhere near class today...nowhere near, but was our best player.

Irving was our best player today by a mile.  Always looking for the ball and always trying to play it forward.

No idea why some people watch football if you can't see that.

It was the rest of the team that were crap.

Edited by Lovecraft

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He wasn’t the worst by a long way. But he certainly wasn’t good today. You’re just lying to yourself if you think so.

And I rate him highly.

He wasn’t the worst by a long way. But he certainly wasn’t good today. You’re just lying to yourself if you think so.

And I rate him highly.

Others on here also seem to be lying to themselves 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, south morocco said:

In my opinion it does. His share as you put it was reasonable enough today, not shambolic. 

Its a team sport not individual. I’m not having this “Irving was blameless it’s everyone else’s fault” rubbish. He was one of 11 players to start that game. The team performance was not good enough, Therefore, as he’s part of the team, part of the responsibility rests with him. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

So was Irving’s fault we were 1-0 down after 5 minutes! Are you at the wind up?

Raith had time on the ball because Halliday and Naismith were posted missing!

The blame game. As i say it’s a team sport and nobody in the team today got “pass marks” not Irving not anyone. No pass marks. Shite.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Others on here also seem to be lying to themselves 

Bit of an odd argument. Others on here seem to agree with me then.

south morocco
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Its a team sport not individual. I’m not having this “Irving was blameless it’s everyone else’s fault” rubbish. He was one of 11 players to start that game. The team performance was not good enough, Therefore, as he’s part of the team, part of the responsibility rests with him. 

Flawed logic so I’ll leave it there. 

Bit of an odd argument. Others on here seem to agree with me then.

Correct so it’s not about “lying” it’s about opinions.

You really don’t like young Andy do you? 🙄

2 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Flawed logic so I’ll leave it there. 

There was no logic!

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Correct so it’s not about “lying” it’s about opinions.

Nah, it’s not. Your opinion is wrong. Everyone was shit today. Irving was just slightly less shit than the rest.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Thomaso said:

You really don’t like young Andy do you? 🙄

He should take it as a compliment, I am treating him exactly the same way I would treat any senior player. I will hold his performance to exactly the same standards. Raiths midfield had a pretty comfortable game today. 

south morocco
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He should take it as a compliment, I am treating him exactly the same way I would treat any senior player. I will hold his performance to exactly the same standards. Raiths midfield had a pretty comfortable game today. 

He’s not a senior player. He’s 20 years old. He’s a young player.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )