Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

colinmorewasgash
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What promising first team young player ended up at Hibs?

Mikey Stewart haha Fraser Mullen. I said youngsters I never said first team.They do seem to like our young released players though nothing would surprise me if we can't get a deal sorted especially if we get shafted by the mhanks agenda again. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

HillmanHearts

Big decision for Andy. Don't see an issue in him trying to get a deal that he feels he is right for him. Personally I reckon he has got the ability to be an excellent central midfielder at a decent level and hopefully we will come to an agreement that suites both parties. He doesn't appear to be a daft laddie and will know what a great club we are for him to develop in.

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

'Irving has already waited imo for something better to come up, that hasn't happened and we are obviously his best offer'
'It feels like he's been forced to stay with us'
'Seems more and more like the sort that if the OF flash their knickers he'd be off quicker than Lafferty'
'I'd say he had sniff of a bigger move but it hasn't materialised and now he's stuck with us'
'holding us to ransom'

Do you have any evidence to back up any of the above? Just shit stirring?

IMO, clearly states it wasn't a fact. 

😂😂😂

First sentence, imo .... 👍

We can speculate to why the club hasn't tied him down or why Irving has waited until now to open up extension talks

It's not a leap to suggest he was looking at  other options. 

It's also not a leap to suggest we never offered terms or as someone else suggested he wasn't happy and got ****ed  about previously. 

No "evidence" to back up either tho. 

Only facts, are opinions not allowed on here. Is this a court or a forum? 

However, I'll play. 

What is a fact, is that he's knocked back our first offer. From Robbie himself ( evidence). 

So,either our terms were not what he wants, the club doesn't rate him as highly as he wants  or he's got other options and comparing them. Is that a fair assumption? 

Good game. 

What evidence do you have that he wants to sign for us? 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

We can speculate to why the club hasn't tied him down or why Irving has waited until now to open up extension talks

It's also not a leap to suggest we never offered terms or as someone else suggested he wasn't happy and got ****ed  about previously. 

However, I'll play. 

What is a fact, is that he's knocked back our first offer. From Robbie himself ( evidence). 

So,either our terms were not what he wants, the club doesn't rate him as highly as he wants  or he's got other options and comparing them. Is that a fair assumption? 

Good game. 

He's negotiating as he's perfectly entitled to do like anyone else whose been offered a new contract. 

Stop trying to make a drama out of it.

******* agents. Vlad was right.  H1b5 didn't  register with Vlad (I am not sure he knew the cup final was a derby. Just another game) but agents he knew were parasites.

Edited by Riccarton3

40 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Maybe like some of our youngsters he'll end up at Hibs or maybe Ross has tapped him up. He's promising  makes a difference but still needs to improve so I hope not. Wouldn't be first jambo to join dark side for footballing reasons.

Na has been there as a lad for a trial, once bitten twice shy.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂😂

However, I'll play. 

Good game. 

I started counting your posts on this thread alone but gave up at 25, I wish you would.

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I started counting your posts on this thread alone but gave up at 25, I wish you would.

Is that what kind of life I should get, one that involves counting posts on JKB. 🤔

I'll pass on the advice 👍

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

He's negotiating as he's perfectly entitled to do like anyone else whose been offered a new contract. 

Stop trying to make a drama out of it.

And my original point was that if it was another player, such as Djoum doing this many would have a different view and Irving is getting a lot of leeway not afforded to others in the past. 

Not a bad thing in itself. 

That was my original point.

No drama. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And my original point was that if it was another player, such as Djoum doing this many would have a different view and Irving is getting a lot of leeway not afforded to others in the past. 

Not a bad thing in itself. 

That was my original point.

No drama. 

What has Djoum got to do with any of thiis?

Back to my first response, you’re bored and looking for a stupid argument.  

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bad Religion said:

Clearly missed my original post then, just jumped in looking for drama. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Clearly missed my original post then, just jumped in looking for drama. 

I haven’t missed your original point. It is fictitious and doesn’t deserve a response. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

I haven’t missed your original point. It is fictitious and doesn’t deserve a response. 

It's not fictitious. 

You have responded, several times - just really poorly in an attempt to create drama. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

It's not fictitious. 

You have responded, several times - just really poorly in an attempt to create drama. 

Good night Tosh. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

'Irving has already waited imo for something better to come up, that hasn't happened and we are obviously his best offer'
'It feels like he's been forced to stay with us'
'Seems more and more like the sort that if the OF flash their knickers he'd be off quicker than Lafferty'
'I'd say he had sniff of a bigger move but it hasn't materialised and now he's stuck with us'
'holding us to ransom'

Do you have any evidence to back up any of the above? Just shit stirring?

Irving is a Hearts fan living the dream. If he stays at Hearts I very much doubt he'll feel like he was forced!

2 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Mikey Stewart haha Fraser Mullen. I said youngsters I never said first team.They do seem to like our young released players though nothing would surprise me if we can't get a deal sorted especially if we get shafted by the mhanks agenda again. 

Wee bit irrelevant then TBF as we are talking about a first team player.

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

On a free at the end of the season...  :D

Diadora Van Basten

To me it sounds like the offer was for a squad player and he has turned it down as he regards himself quite rightly as a first team player.

I think the frustrating thing for fans is we have watched various shysters being given contracts they didn’t deserve and now the club are humming and hawing about giving a player the contract he deserves. 

11 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

To me it sounds like the offer was for a squad player and he has turned it down as he regards himself quite rightly as a first team player.

I think the frustrating thing for fans is we have watched various shysters being given contracts they didn’t deserve and now the club are humming and hawing about giving a player the contract he deserves. 

Maybe we need to let him go and buy him when he's early 30s after a few injury blighted years and offer a 4 year deal?

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Why assume this? He's a first team player and we know he'll be stripped every week even if he doesn't always start, no different from someone like Naismith. Isn't it more likely we've made him an offer on that basis. Unless he knows of interest from a bigger club who will definitely play him as much as we are, he'd be mad not to resign for us. At his age, his focus should be on developing and we have no-one else like him so he'll get plenty of chances. He'll also get an above average wage for a 20 year old in Scotland at a non-OF club. And we'd definitely sell him for a decent fee if someone wants him, and are unlikely to hold out for a crazy fee. There doesn't seem any way he can lose, but his agent could be in his ear.

Edited by ToqueJambo

On 18/01/2021 at 12:02, Ribble said:

Starting 4 out of the last 5 isn't commanding a start, I like Irving but he's not anywhere near commanding a start YET but he might well do that going forward

32 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

A lot of people seem to ignore the difference between an amateur and a professional in any area of life. The word amateur comes from the Latin verb amo (I love), amo, amas, amat, and all that. An amateur participates for the love of the game while a professional takes a reward. Donald Ford started as an amateur, i.e. he wasn't paid by Hearts (except expenses probably), but most importantly being an amateur doesn't necessarily mean you're not very good. Andy Irving is a professional footballer, i.e. he plays football for a reward (NB that doesn't mean he doesn't  also love the game). Andy Irving is absolutely entitled to  maximise his earnings, just like you or me.

Edited by upgotheheads

gorgie rd eh11
5 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Maybe like some of our youngsters he'll end up at Hibs or maybe Ross has tapped him up. He's promising  makes a difference but still needs to improve so I hope not. Wouldn't be first jambo to join dark side for footballing reasons.

"for footballing reasons" :rofl:go away ya hibs ****.

colinmorewasgash
11 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

"for footballing reasons" :rofl:go away ya hibs ****.

Took one of you long enough Im not Hibs. 47 yrs a jambo saw it all just like my old man so your telling me cummings doig gullan shaw etc didn't go to hibs for footballing reasons cos we released them. What else do you call that, they didnt have a club football reasons not cos their good club but its a job and id hate my grandson to join them but if he was released by us and that was his choice fair enough. Watched Hearts since 1974 dundee 2 2 game was 5 grew up in gorgie as a kid sons 5th generation jambo I hate green as a colour and suffered watching some donkeys in the 70s and early 80s like jim denny colin more crawford boyd ray dunlop and much worse also suffered the recent imposters under Craig in wheatfield stand. My name is also on board in wheatfield 500 club plaque I could go on anyway Iam not a hobbit.

colinmorewasgash
1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Took one of you long enough Im not Hibs. 47 yrs a jambo saw it all just like my old man so your telling me cummings doig gullan shaw etc didn't go to hibs for footballing reasons cos we released them. What else do you call that, they didnt have a club football reasons not cos their good club but its a job and id hate my grandson to join them but if he was released by us and that was his choice fair enough. Watched Hearts since 1974 dundee 2 2 game was 5 grew up in gorgie as a kid sons 5th generation jambo I hate green as a colour and suffered watching some donkeys in the 70s and early 80s like jim denny colin more crawford boyd ray dunlop and much worse also suffered the recent imposters under Craig in wheatfield stand. My name is also on board in wheatfield 500 club plaque I could go on anyway Iam not a hobbit.

I used to read  kickback after games lot cos it made me laugh thought Id join at 52 but if you have an opinion your classed as vermin ah well. 

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Maybe we need to let him go and buy him when he's early 30s after a few injury blighted years and offer a 4 year deal?

Don’t forget the bumper wage packet as well. 

colinmorewasgash
Just now, colinmorewasgash said:

I used to read  kickback after games lot cos it made me laugh thought Id join at 52 but if you have an opinion your classed as vermin ah well. 

Also id be surprised if any hobo knew who colin more was poor guy sure it was dumbarton where we lost 2 5 was his finest hour dreadful and sorry if hes on here haha.

colinmorewasgash
3 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Also id be surprised if any hobo knew who colin more was poor guy sure it was dumbarton where we lost 2 5 was his finest hour dreadful and sorry if hes on here haha.

Apologies Colin More haha we did lose 2 5 but you didnt play anyway maybe should change profile to brian mcneill. 

25 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

I didn’t think Colin More was all that bad. Sign of those times I suppose. 

colinmorewasgash
8 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Apologies Colin More haha we did lose 2 5 but you didnt play anyway maybe should change profile to brian mcneill. 

Folk meanwhile can think what they like having watched us since 1974 till present day Ive saw it all good and bad and enjoyed european trips and first derby on own was tom hart testimonial and jenners windows lol.

21 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Colin was released the week before the Dumbarton debacle and brought back afterwards to complete the season iirc. 

colinmorewasgash
Just now, davemclaren said:

Colin was released the week before the Dumbarton debacle and brought back afterwards to complete the season iirc. 

The old memory playing tricks only time Ive been to hibs end was 2 2 game think my hero at time jc scored twice way back sorry folks but Im not a hobbit.  

1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

The old memory playing tricks only time Ive been to hibs end was 2 2 game think my hero at time jc scored twice way back sorry folks but Im not a hobbit.  

Never said you were.  

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You obviously have had a knock on the head he was Tom tit.

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Colin More was crap, Dave.  Remember us getting a 6-1 hammering at Parkhead?  He was responsible for at least nine of the Tim goals.  😀

He was also far too fond of the old Jack Levey.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Colin More was crap, Dave.  Remember us getting a 6-1 hammering at Parkhead?  He was responsible for at least nine of the Tim goals.  😀

He was also far too fond of the old Jack Levey.

Fair enough. 😄

Young player. Hearts fan. Bags of potential. Fast becoming a regular starter.

And he has the audacity to try and get a good deal for himself! Not only that, he must have engineered a move for himself elsewhere and it’s fallen through..

:what:

Relax. It’ll get signed - importantly, on terms which keep everyone happy. It’s business - no more, no less. 

If we can get him tied down long term, I think it will be a fantastic move by the club. Savage proving his worth already.

3 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

A lot of people seem to ignore the difference between an amateur and a professional in any area of life. The word amateur comes from the Latin verb amo (I love), amo, amas, amat, and all that. An amateur participates for the love of the game while a professional takes a reward. Donald Ford started as an amateur, i.e. he wasn't paid by Hearts (except expenses probably), but most importantly being an amateur doesn't necessarily mean you're not very good. Andy Irving is a professional footballer, i.e. he plays football for a reward (NB that doesn't mean he doesn't  also love the game). Andy Irving is absolutely entitled to  maximise his earnings, just like you or me.

He is indeed, however if that means he wants more than we are willing to pay then he’s welcome to go elsewhere.

Jeez the panickers getting their panties in a twist about players signing extensions is as laughable as the reaction you see when we lose a game...

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Supposedly signed a 2 year deal.

I expect Hearts want him to sign a deal of say 4 years in order to potentially receive a fee at some point. The compromise is  2 year deal where Hearts get to enjoy him playing for them but he leaves for nothing 

2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

I expect Hearts want him to sign a deal of say 4 years in order to potentially receive a fee at some point. The compromise is  2 year deal where Hearts get to enjoy him playing for them but he leaves for nothing 

Yeah I think it has reached the stage where good young players only want short deals as they know they will get another club, whereas older players and not so good players want the security of long deals, but you risk being saddled with them if they don't perform.  Perhaps the Academy model does need reviewed...

Irving certainly seems to have everything except pace...I can definitely see him playing on the continent at some point in the future.

3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Yeah I think it has reached the stage where good young players only want short deals as they know they will get another club, whereas older players and not so good players want the security of long deals, but you risk being saddled with them if they don't perform.  Perhaps the Academy model does need reviewed...

Irving certainly seems to have everything except pace...I can definitely see him playing on the continent at some point in the future.

With money tight, he signs a 4 year deal and clubs STILL wait for the contract to run down (unless he gets exceptional), not suiting the player's longer term plans. I think he is a cracking player.

Our best money generator recently was Paterson. That is the one we should have generated far more for.

In the case of McGinn, it was obvious he was going to be effective in England hence bid came in.

Jambo in Yorkshire

He makes the occasional good pass but he has no awareness of opposition players around him and loses the ball far too often.

I lost count of how many times it happened today and his mistakes will cost goals against better teams.

He needs to learn how to keep the ball or he won’t be more than an average player.

1 minute ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

He makes the occasional good pass but he has no awareness of opposition players around him and loses the ball far too often.

I lost count of how many times it happened today and his mistakes will cost goals against better teams.

He needs to learn how to keep the ball or he won’t be more than an average player.

Hero to zero in one game. 😄

i accept he’s not yet a commanding presence yet though. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )