Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Suspect Irving was not going to be a starter and knew fine well 

If he was we would be trying harder 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Japan Jambo
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well that’s not Irving’s fault so he is right to move on. 

Meanwhile we need to recruit a centre midfielder who can settle in and hit the ground running. I bet you it costs more to recruit a similar level player than to keep Irving. 

All else being equal I'd have liked him to stay, I'm sentimental about having 'one of our own' develop. Very much of the opinion that for whatever reasons that ship has sailed and we are collectively going round in circles. Really hope we don't go out and pull another 'bread and circuses' type recruitment by signing an 'old' name to replace him.

Pasquale for King

I think he has a big future but it’s playing much further forward than he had for us. Shame if he goes. 

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He's a professional football player who's only loyalty is to his bank account.

He can bugger off as far as I'm  concerned.

Definitely think his head has been turned with the lure of money.

Maybe looking at Hickey and thinking he is better than he really is. 

He still has a lot to prove at first team level imo. 

22 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s been offered a lot more than an extra £150 a week. 

😮🤣

Nookie Bear
26 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

All else being equal I'd have liked him to stay, I'm sentimental about having 'one of our own' develop. Very much of the opinion that for whatever reasons that ship has sailed and we are collectively going round in circles. Really hope we don't go out and pull another 'bread and circuses' type recruitment by signing an 'old' name to replace him.

Yep, pretty much this 👍🏻

Jeffros Furios

Going by his performances im not that bothered if he leaves, 

Would be good for Daza to let us know how he knows the wages on offer .

jambopilms

We need to be doing better than keeping players that were part of relegation and a pretty poor championship season.

We can't get better by keeping average players. 

Edited by jambopilms

Diadora Van Basten

Pretty sure the club would like to keep him and by now will have made a fair offer.

Pretty sure he has a plan in place to move on.

His agent will only make money if he moves him on and a player at his age with his experience will have plenty of offers.

Armageddon

I agree he's shite, but I also think he's not as shite as Andy Halliday and the hunner other players we've signed on more money.

53 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

Was told a few weeks ago that he was getting offered under a grand a week

Did Hickey not get offered £1500 a week before he left ?

Uncle Buck

I don’t like him and he definitely thinks he is better than what he is.

His attitude against Qots back in March was nothing short of a disgrace.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Pretty sure the club would like to keep him and by now will have made a fair offer.

Pretty sure he has a plan in place to move on.

His agent will only make money if he moves him on and a player at his age with his experience will have plenty of offers.

This isn’t true. He’ll get paid on the new contract regardless of where he signs it.

Obviously if he moves to a new club for a much improved contract he’ll likely get more but if a player gets a bumper deal at the same club the agent will usually get a fee for that. 

A lot of it depends on what the terms of the agreement are between the player and his agent.

Byyy The Light

I find Irving frustrating, think he’ll come good but agree with others he needs to find what his best position is. He’s not good enough defensively to play deep and I’m not convinced he’s quick enough in tight spaces to play too far forward. He likes to see the game in front of him.

At one point I thought he was worth breaking the bank for but he had a disappointing second half of the season which has put doubts in my mind.

Agree with poster above who says signing a 21 year old with similar potential would cost us more.

alwaysthereinspirit

Blah blah blah joke of a club.

Blah blah blah academy fail.

Blah blah blah pay him what he wants.

Blah blah blah coaching failure.

Blah blah blah so much talent.

This is a #obo thread if ever there was one.

7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Money for Souttar would be better business imo. 

He's injury prone. 

Not much money then?

8 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

If he was a true Jambo he would have signed by now.

Aye, is that how you look at jobs is it?. 

Nonsense. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

No people are allowed to have a different opinion, wind yer neck in. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

StirlingJambo
7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Did Hickey not get offered £1500 a week before he left ?

cant remember the exact numbers that Hickey and Irving were offered but were both lower than that.Or so the guy I was speaking to told me. Assume he knows more than us as he’s involved with a few ex Hearts players. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don’t like him and he definitely thinks he is better than what he is.

His attitude against Qots back in March was nothing short of a disgrace.

Yep same here.

Sat what you want about Halliday, as of now he is a better all round player than Irving, more versatile, harder working, better attitude. But Halliday is very average in possession and not the best midfielder any of us have seen nowhere near, and he’s approaching 30. Will likely struggle to get an extension next season unless he plays a lot better, it’s not the championship any more, and at that point you’d be looking at Irving on his longer contract to kick on, improve dramatically and grab the #8 jersey as a 21-22 year old producing big performances influencing a Hearts team that finishes 3rd in the Premiership. But he’s not got near that yet. Just seems to have got ahead of himself demanding the same money as the experienced guys, Halliday Haring Lee etc who are all proven, seasoned, more consistent than him (obviously taking flop duds like damour out). There was not a very high bar set for him as competitors for his place, and he seems to have sadly either bottled the challenge or been poorly advised.

10 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

If he was a true Jambo he would have signed by now.

Well maybe he isn’t a true Jambo. Not sure we’ve got many of them at the club anyway. Probably he just feels it’s time to move on and sees his route to a higher level and more money as being away from Hearts. He’s been offered a contract extension. I don’t think there is any doubt about that. It’s still on the table but I’d say we’re not expecting him to sign it and we are protected for a development fee if and when he goes to another club. 

Would have preferred him to stay and become the finished article with us but as it stands, he isn’t a key player for us and losing him is no big deal and entirely his choice anyway. He might make it big somewhere, he might not.

in summary - meh.

Edited by JimmyCant

Seymour M Hersh

I don't know what he's been offered or if he will sign on the dotted line but I am led to believe he really doesn't put in any extra effort to improve himself. Does training (I'm sure he gives 100% for that) but while others take extra practice or go to the gym to build up strength and stamina he just goes home or wherever. Now I don't know him at all but I would always hope that youngsters trying to make it in the game would go the extra mile every day to improve their chances of being a success. 

For me as a player and given time he can cause teams problems but, in our leagues you get no time and need a quick mind and feet. He's pretty slow over the ground and is imo, too easily pushed off the ball (which is where the extra strength training would be a bonus). But hey, that's just my opinion.

11 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Curious to know how you come up with a figure of £1k per week 

Cause it’s a nice round figure that he’s thought about when thinking up some  random pay amount 

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

ooft…new 3rd strip…glorious…so proud…that’s getting bought…

The club removed the 2nd contract offer  weeks ago. The original is on the table til the 14th so they get the training compensation.

hmfc_liam06

So we've got a £150 increase to £1k per week.

A lot more than £150 increase.

And less than £1k per week.

Anyone else fancy a go at some ITK bingo?

I'd heard he's refusing until we guarantee him at least 2 bags of Percy Pigs on top of his appearance bonus. We're steadfast at 1 bag.

10 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s been offered a lot more than an extra £150 a week. 

Daza’s been peddling that particular lie for some time. Anyway he’s leaving so it’s all irrelevant. 

johnking123

The problem is he thinks he has made it. The boy has Simmons written all over him. Not going to lose to much sleep over him. We get a bit cash and sell on clause. Will be happy.

Diadora Van Basten
5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

The problem is he thinks he has made it. The boy has Simmons written all over him. Not going to lose to much sleep over him. We get a bit cash and sell on clause. Will be happy.

Simmons was more similar to Cochrane burst on the scene then never kicked on.

Irving is more like Severin.

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

The boy doesn’t think he’s made it. The boy is trying to make it. From what the boy has heard/not heard from Robbie and savage doesn’t make him think Hearts is the best place for him to make it. Money is not the issue.

6 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Nowhere near as good as Severin.Severin put in 100% and was a solid steady player.Irvine goes from can't be arsed to absolute shocking then the odd decent game.Im not saying Irvine couldn't be good as there is talent there and maybe better coaching would bring it out but for me he is a bit of a luxury just now and very hit and miss.

I really wanted him to sign at the start of the season. He got his contract offer and I'm assuming it wasn't exactly what he wanted and I noticed a massive change in how well he was playing. To me, that's a huge red flag. What's to say that if he got the contract he wanted he wouldn't just do the same, downing tools and waiting for a better offer?

Even if he wasn't going to accept the contract he should have continued putting 100% in.

OmiyaHearts

I'm not fussed either way but would be decent player to have in the squad. I'd hope we're looking at 2 or 3 centre mids this window, if he stays or not. 

No way we've only offered him 150 quid extra a week. Can't see that being true. 

Needs to learn to drive forward with the ball to take his career on. That requires more aggression, pinging passes is not enough  and maybe the lazy option. Charley Adams is not gifted with pace but would be a good example for Irving, as he is he will not go far in the game, it is up to him.

StevenNaismith
4 minutes ago, One five said:

Has any team showed interest in him? 

There’s lots of interest from down south. He was a guest of Bournemouth for their home play fixture against Brentford.

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

There’s lots of interest from down south. He was a guest of Bournemouth for their home play fixture against Brentford.

Cheers mate 👍

johnking123
39 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Sorry. Did actually mean Severin. 

Really not that bothered if he stays or goes now. He's shown he can be a good player but I wouldn't be throwing money at him to keep him here.

1 hour ago, buzzbomb said:

The club removed the 2nd contract offer  weeks ago. The original is on the table til the 14th so they get the training compensation.

Does anyone know if it is solely the training compensation or do we get any "sell on clause" too?

4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Does anyone know if it is solely the training compensation or do we get any "sell on clause" too?

Hearts can negotiate a sell-on but that will affect the fee. Hearts have said they want all the fee, so no sell-on.

I don't think it would've mattered what contract we offered, Irving has decided he didn't see his future here. The contract on the table now is a procedural thing to secure a development fee, the club practically admitted that much.

He's not a world-beater, but he has potential and is probably be the best of that crop of Academy players. The fact he wants away should be disappointing, irrespective of whether you think he is worthy of a starting place in the first team or not. We can't buy success, we need to develop our own, and if lads who were brought up Jambos like us want out at the first opportunity then to me something isn't right.

Edited by blairdin

6 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Hearts can negotiate a sell-on but that will affect the fee. Hearts have said they want all the fee, so no sell-on.

Seems short sighted IMO if the player is determined enough.

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Only concern I have is that the level of club likely to be interested in Irving, Cochrane and others won’t have the cash to pay compensation. 

24 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

He’s never good enough for them. Don’t think he’s good enough for us tbh

He's never really shown enough to make me think he'd be a first choice midfielder in the premiership.

Not really bothered if he stays or goes.

16 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If he doesn't think that Hearts is the  right club for him then he can just go. 

Portobello Pirlo my arse. A decent left peg but no pace, guts or heart.

Let's see where he ends up and how he develops.

:spoton: 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )