Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Eh you forgot about him having a good game against Aberdeen 18 months ago .  . . !

All that hurts my head , so I assume that because I impressed a Juve scout I should receive recompense commensurate with Serie A players even though I bust my knee and couldn’t kick a ball for two years.  Moore - was steady at Forfar and has had a few ok games for Hearts , give him 1 billion dollah , Henderson must be due for a raise now to at least Craig Gordons wages as should McEneff and Gnando as they scored so thats a contribution greater than Gordon who hasn’t scored 🤯🤯🤯🤯

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

5 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Eh you forgot about him having a good game against Aberdeen 18 months ago .  . . !

Also if i make a diving stop on the line but get sent off then they miss the pen does that mean Im now better than Gordon as I stopped a certain goal. Do we have to get judges scores for the dive or style , how does it all work now

30 minutes ago, sadj said:

Oh right so thats how it works we pay by form. Haring recovering from a major injury - here pal we are gonna dice your wages because you arent contributing.

Well the club doesn't pay by form they continue to sign guff after guff while trying to spin to its supporters, that we are about playing and promoting youth 🤔

Sammon, Juwon, Whelan, and now Damour all relevant to the players I mentioned above why they wouldn't sign, do I have to spell it out to you and a few others?. 

They want to offer contracts to players but aren't prepared to pay them more or the same as some of the shi**, that we have had on the payroll, and still have. 

Do you know what's funny you should check back you're posting history, do you know during the start of the season what you were saying about Irving, along with a few others, honestly save yourself the embarrassnent, and don't make me expose you and a few others on here, more faces than the town clock. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well the club doesn't pay by form they continue to sign guff after guff while trying to spin to its supporters, that we are about playing and promoting youth 🤔

Sammon, Juwon, Whelan, and now Damour all relevant to the players I mentioned above why they wouldn't sign, do I have to spell it out to you and a few others?. 

They want to offer contracts to players but aren't prepared to pay them more or the same as some of the shi**, that we have had on the payroll, and still have. 

Do you know what's funny you should check back you're posting history, do you know during the start of the season what you were saying about Irving, along with a few others, honestly save yourself the embarrassnent, and don't make me expose you and a few others on here, more faces than the town clock. 

Expose 🤣🤣🤣🤣

**** me ya walloper , read this thread i said he was impressing me a lot and was a different player to the one under Stendel. I said he still has poor aspects to his game but hes stepped up. That lasted til QoTS then he fell off a cliff. Btw I voted him MoTM in that game.

You don’t have to spell anything out to me i have a pretty good understanding of clubs and of hearts , youth players , the demands on them , agents etc. 

You are so blinkered you can’t have a two way convo. Crusade away as much as you want just leave me out of it n pick a fight with every other poster and the only additional thing to that is on a Hearts forum using the nickname porto that green muppet is unacceptable

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If we take credit for hickey, then surely the same should apply if Porto or Doig is sold?, did they not get a fee for Cummings?. 

Fact of the matter is they go for more than they are valued? How do Hibs achieve this? By giving them longer contracts?. 

They just seem better at dealing with players contracts. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes but as pointed out if we are taking credit for hickey, then surely the same applies for Hibs?. 

I never mentioned Hickey. I was just questioning what you said about Hibs tying down their youth players and making money when they move on. Apart from Porteous none of their saleable assets have been products of their academy, they've just been well scouted.

Hearts' problem is more to do with the quality of the players coming out of the academy imo.

Whether that's poor recruitment of youths into the system, poor coaching, or a combination of the two I don't know, but something seems to be lacking.

6 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why is that funny mate, If you have a top talent you need to secure them to them secure a transfer fee. That’s how football works.. Hickey will be on north of £5k now but I have no doubt Bologna would be looking for over £5m to sign him, maybe even a great deal more. 

Some folks expectations v reality. I'm laughing at the expectations :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Expose 🤣🤣🤣🤣

**** me ya walloper , read this thread i said he was impressing me a lot and was a different player to the one under Stendel. I said he still has poor aspects to his game but hes stepped up. That lasted til QoTS then he fell off a cliff. Btw I voted him MoTM in that game.

You don’t have to spell anything out to me i have a pretty good understanding of clubs and of hearts , youth players , the demands on them , agents etc. 

You are so blinkered you can’t have a two way convo. Crusade away as much as you want just leave me out of it n pick a fight with every other poster and the only additional thing to that is on a Hearts forum using the nickname porto that green muppet is unacceptable

Okay how does animal sound for what it's worth we let a better centre back go to St Johnstone, and Mccart is better than him as well. 

Mr Brightside
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Okay how does animal sound for what it's worth we let a better centre back go to St Johnstone, and Mccart is better than him as well. 

Liam Gordon is 25 and probably playing at the max of his potential. Souttar, Berra (before injury) and Halkett are better or had better potential. Two of them capped for Scotland whilst playing for Hearts and the other was tipped as a potential Scotland cap when he joined. We can’t just stockpile every youth player in the hope they become good.

Jean Louis Valois

He should not be allowed to leave the club, he's already a very promising midfielder and over the next 2-3 seasons he has the potential to be alot better. Ridiculous that a compromise on a new contract hasn't been found, will be sad seeing him play for another spfl team this season. 

ginger jambo98
58 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Liam Gordon is 25 and probably playing at the max of his potential. Souttar, Berra (before injury) and Halkett are better or had better potential. Two of them capped for Scotland whilst playing for Hearts and the other was tipped as a potential Scotland cap when he joined. We can’t just stockpile every youth player in the hope they become good.

Great point, one that quite a few on here overlook.

9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nonsense yet we have decided that Mceneff is yet hasn't played any games, honestly there are people on here that could imitate Ian paisley, im a Hearts supporter but when i see something wrong, I call it out. 

You're only coming up with that opinion cause it's, looking like he's leaving. 

To say Irving isn't good enough well you are entitled to you're opinion, but this to me proves you wrong, 

Ferguson is being raved about for his performances with Aberdeen, yet I'm still wondering if he has came out, Irvings back pocket from this game, made Ferguson look amateur, 5mil your having a laugh. 

Listen I'm passionate about the young players etc, is see there ability and what they can bring to our club. 

Trust me I wouldn't come on here saying what i do, if I didn't believe what I'm saying. 

Three players right, Cochrane bossed it against celtic? Connor Smith was excellent at Easter Road?. 

Irving against rangers with sibbick, and Aberdeen. 

Moore against rangers in the cup, Henderson last year and this year when he got a run of games. 

It's blatant man. 

How can people not see it. 

One game wonders, to date, all three of them yet you want to make them top wage earners. Just nonsense. More like Stephen Simmonds or Dale Carrick  all over again than anything else. All the names you mentioned have yet to prove they are more than one or two game wonders at the top level. One of them in particular has had lots of chances to prove himself and hasn’t taken them. 

Japan Jambo
14 hours ago, sadj said:

There is a difference between being one footed and being “one footed” perfect example is when he took the ball across the pitch v Morton and couldn’t get it on his left to pass it and ran the ball out of play. Its really not difficult to learn to clip the ball or play a basic pass with your wrong foot. So far Andy hasnt shown that. It shows when you think he is thinking slowly and its more getting it to his left to make the pass that split second can be massive. Add that to his defensive capability and it is difficult to say how much the positives outweigh the neigatives. Wee bit of work and he could be a very very good footballer the potential is there. 

Any idea whether or not we have the coaches that could develop him?

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Great point, one that quite a few on here overlook.

Yup, I would agree with that too. It does not benefit us or the player. And some players develop more when they change to a new club with regular gametime.

You see that happening with English Premier league clubs who have massive squads full of players who have never played for the club but are at the club until 25 purely because the club is trying to get a good fee for them. If a player is in his last year of contract, a lower league club comes in to loan them, so the club just gives the player another year contract hoping the loan brings about a big transfer fee, but often doesn't. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

And the reason the manager doesn’t pick him is because he contributes little other than passes across the pitch or backwards. Completely kills the tempo of our play when he receives the ball. 

But he didn't under Stendel.

Where's the coaching? Where's the improvement? Where's the very defined style of our team with movement and options for a born passer like Andy to exploit? Where are the legs round him??

Dont blame the player all the time.

Problem is above his head.

Malinga the Swinga

He wasn't good enough last season, he won't be good enough this season, and doubtful he will ever improve sufficiently to be first pick for future seasons.

Embarrassing lack of pace, embarrassingly one footed and worst of all, embarrassing lack of effort.

He won't be missed.

26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He wasn't good enough last season, he won't be good enough this season, and doubtful he will ever improve sufficiently to be first pick for future seasons.

Embarrassing lack of pace, embarrassingly one footed and worst of all, embarrassing lack of effort.

He won't be missed.

Embarrassing post more like.

Even if you don't rate him, even if you're annoyed that it looks like he's interested in trying his luck elsewhere......why post that about a lad who is one of us, has just turned 21, played around 50 games for us already and has obvious natural talent? I think most people will be disappointed if it doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 10/06/2021 at 17:56, Des Lynam said:

Why are they treating a loyal employee like that? 

What’s there to talk about? Contract talks have been going on for months. Season is over.

He has a final offer. It doesn’t look like he will accept. Savage and Neilson are much better spending their time of getting a better replacement.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 minutes ago, pablo said:

Even if you don't rate him, even if you're annoyed that it looks like he's interested in trying his luck elsewhere......why post that about a lad who is one of us, has just turned 21, played around 50 games for us already and has obvious natural talent? I think most people will be disappointed if it doesn't work out for whatever reason.

Of those 50 games (effectively nearly 2 seasons in total), and as a ball playing midfielder who creates chances and can score goals how many MOTMs? How many performances where he dominated and controlled midfield?

I don't dislike Irving, in fact I quite like him but it just shows how far our standards have fallen when people think he has been great for us.

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

I don't dislike Irving, in fact I quite like him but it just shows how far our standards have fallen when people think he has been great for us.

Exactly 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Of those 50 games (effectively nearly 2 seasons in total), and as a ball playing midfielder who creates chances and can score goals how many MOTMs? How many performances where he dominated and controlled midfield?

Not too many to be fair. But when he did, you could see the potential. If he had come in and consistently owned the midfield game in game out as a teenager, we'd have been enjoying a very special talent. 

Broxburn Jambo

Has Irving actually said he wants to stay? or is he he just pricing himself out of our market.

I have never heard of him being wanted by another club

iwasthere1954
3 hours ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

He should not be allowed to leave the club, he's already a very promising midfielder and over the next 2-3 seasons he has the potential to be alot better. Ridiculous that a compromise on a new contract hasn't been found, will be sad seeing him play for another spfl team this season. 

I would be amazed if any SPFL club paid the compensation fee due to the club. Somewhere between 300,000 and 400,000 is a lot of cash for a player with potential. 

18 hours ago, sadj said:

There is a difference between being one footed and being “one footed” perfect example is when he took the ball across the pitch v Morton and couldn’t get it on his left to pass it and ran the ball out of play. Its really not difficult to learn to clip the ball or play a basic pass with your wrong foot. So far Andy hasnt shown that. It shows when you think he is thinking slowly and its more getting it to his left to make the pass that split second can be massive. Add that to his defensive capability and it is difficult to say how much the positives outweigh the neigatives. Wee bit of work and he could be a very very good footballer the potential is there. 

Yes but the point is that people notice these faults only with left-footed players.

Where are the one-footed right-footers. They're rarely mentioned. 

39 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Yes but the point is that people notice these faults only with left-footed players.

Majority of players are one footed .

Shouldn't be but they are 

Majority of players are right footed 

Irving's 'one footedness' is just another example of people on here distorting the facts to prove their points

5 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Any idea whether or not we have the coaches that could develop him?

I don’t see why not , we don’t know what andys mindset is , his thoughts on the coaches , his thoughts on his ability etc. Could be as simple as you click with one but not another as their style man management suits you better. I don’t think our coaches are the poor abilitied idiots people like to suggest on here though.

49 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I think its probably more noticed that people raise it as a point with left footers as they are a unique bunch the ones who learned to kick with a left foot 😏 I know what ya mean but Id say its just as there are less quality sole left footed players. Maybe a solely right footed player would not even get as far as the first team for us to notice and Andy was a lynch pin in our midfield a lot last year so its more noticeable. He was always going to be inconsistent last year aswell he is still young so when he played not as well as he can its easy to see obvious things and form a stronger opinion on them.

23 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Majority of players are one footed .

Shouldn't be but they are 

Majority of players are right footed 

Irving's 'one footedness' is just another example of people on here distorting the facts to prove their points

Utter bollocks , you need a degree of ability on your poor foot. No one is saying he needs two feet like messi as you infer though

colinmaroon

Always left footed and my right was only for standing on.  However, practice makes perfect - well, better - and I mean hours of it, not just a few shots and then off to the Bookies.

Best goal I ever scored was with my right!

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, pablo said:

I don't dislike him, i have never met him. He is supposed to be a Hearts supporter yet he couldn't raise any effort in numerous games this season.

Natural talent without application and effort is pointless. If he feels above working hard, suggest he moves on or gets another job.

Bazzas right boot

Whether he's very or too left footed or not is neither here nor there imo. 

He's good technically and has a good range of passing and maybe there is potential there, however at 21 years old he's never stood out much in the championship and on several occasions  was often very poor. He can be slow, ponderous and loses possession too easily. 

If he played for example at Dundee I wouldn't want to sign him from them and I doubt many would be clambering to either. 

He's simply not that good at this moment, he does have potential and could be useful this season and hopefully become a better player but hes not someone we should be financially stretching ourselves for. 

6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Where's the coaching? Where's the improvement? Where's the very defined style of our team with movement and options for a born passer like Andy to exploit? Where are the legs round him??

Never been at the required level except for two or three isolated games. Not for me I’m afraid, we can get better. 

Broxburn Jambo
7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

You can't put in what God left out !!!!!

6 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

You can't put in what God left out !!!!!

OK so god to blame we've not improved a single player for coming up 5 years.

That's me converted!

I cant remember any good performance from him under Stendel. I thought he struggled badly under him. This may be old age and bad memory however.

A_A wehatethehibs

Will be gutted if he signs that extension at the 11th hour.

Very keen for an upgrade to a better quality player in that slot in the squad.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

I cant remember any good performance from him under Stendel. I thought he struggled badly under him. This may be old age and bad memory however.

Stendel dropped him for damour

7 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers/assists

Joint top in assists with 7 and 2 goals.

Not bad for a player who according to Kickback just plays the ball sideways.

5 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Sorry for quoting you THD - it's not personal, I could've picked from dozens like it on this thread.

Bearing in mind Andy Irving wasn't always a first pick for Neilson in a shortened season, I'd suggest the confirmed 7 assists and 2 goals is not too shabby a return. It's surely pretty good? 

I applaud the season ticket marketing video and renewal options, the sponsorship deal, the new third strip. Brilliant. This side of the club is brilliant.

The post below sums up not just the view of Andy Irving, but my impression of the first team as a whole. Stendel may not have got everything right, but it was obvious what style and gameplan he wanted to introduce and embed.

The vast majority of us wanted Robbie Neilson replaced when the title was secured. What has changed when nothing has changed? 

We can debate Andy Irving all month long, but it's just a distraction (and I daresay a welcome one as far as the club are concerned) from the real problems I think we're sleepwalking into. I hope Robbie proves me wrong on that. I fear he won't though.

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, blairdin said:

The post below sums up not just the view of Andy Irving, but my impression of the first team as a whole. Stendel may not have got everything right, but it was obvious what style and gameplan he wanted to introduce and embed.

Indeed it was - high press using defenders with no pace against teams happy to punt it long all day, and with a sweeper keeper at its base. When things weren't going our way his "gameplan" was to throw on every available forward player Jimmy Calderwood style.

He considered the sweeper keeper such an important part of his "style and gameplay" that he chose to ignore the mistakes that keeper was making on a weekly basis - mistakes that ultimately got us demoted. Not only did he keep that keeper in the team, he didn't think signing Scotland's best goalkeeper was a priority. Lovely guy but hopeless manager, based on his 3 or 4 months with us.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Indeed it was - high press using defenders with no pace against teams happy to punt it long all day, and with a sweeper keeper at its base. When things weren't going our way his "gameplan" was to throw on every available forward player Jimmy Calderwood style.

He considered the sweeper keeper such an important part of his "style and gameplay" that he chose to ignore the mistakes that keeper was making on a weekly basis - mistakes that ultimately got us demoted. Not only did he keep that keeper in the team, he didn't think signing Scotland's best goalkeeper was a priority. Lovely guy but hopeless manager, based on his 3 or 4 months with us.

I have always wondered if he had any say in the matter.  I somehow had the suspicion that he was picked because of the terms of his loan contract.  No one in his right mind would have picked him otherwise.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don't disagree with much, but it was Celtic who pulled the Craig Gordon move in January, not anyone at Hearts. 

Phil D. Corners
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He’s had a few MOTM including one when we played Celtic. 

john thomas
6 hours ago, sadj said:

Utter bollocks , you need a degree of ability on your poor foot. No one is saying he needs two feet like messi as you infer though

Read some baffling , idiotic posts on here previously this is certainly up there

I'm actually wondering if you were answering another post ?

What I posted was factual apart from the bit at the end which was my opinion .

Again , people are inferring Irving cannot use his right foot in any way as a stick to beat him with . Clearly not true but another example of people on here distorting the facts to suit their argument

Where you got the inference from me about Messi and Irving's right foot is beyond understanding .

14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Read some baffling , idiotic posts on here previously this is certainly up there

I'm actually wondering if you were answering another post ?

What I posted was factual apart from the bit at the end which was my opinion .

Again , people are inferring Irving cannot use his right foot in any way as a stick to beat him with . Clearly not true but another example of people on here distorting the facts to suit their argument

Where you got the inference from me about Messi and Irving's right foot is beyond understanding .

Mate after todays incident I don’t give a shit. Sorry but I just don’t. 

Broxburn Jambo
6 hours ago, TheBigO said:

OK so god to blame we've not improved a single player for coming up 5 years.

That's me converted!

Don't be facetious, coaching can only go so far, what I am saying is that he hasn't improved his own basic skills in the recent passed, is he a top player, not yet, so why should we pay him top money.

Is anybody else willing to pay it?

15 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Berra and Halkett better than Gordon? They certainly don't have the silverware to prove that, I disagree big time, I understand that some players get let go etc that's football, but the guy has had a tremendous season.

And at worst would be backup at Hearts. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

14 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

One game wonders, to date, all three of them yet you want to make them top wage earners. Just nonsense. More like Stephen Simmonds or Dale Carrick  all over again than anything else. All the names you mentioned have yet to prove they are more than one or two game wonders at the top level. One of them in particular has had lots of chances to prove himself and hasn’t taken them. 

Disagree we have never had a stable and consistent team for years, our recruitment has been shocking, we have let youth players go that clubs will receive fees for, and they have won stuff too. 

Listen, if you can cope at 16 playing against the unbeaten 69 games, in a row champions. 

It tells me that there is something far wrong, is it the players fault maybe? But how many times can players be blamed? Connor Smith brilliant against Hibs I mentioned Irving?. 

You telling me every single one of them ain't good enough?.

Or could it be the failure of the coaching they are receiving, in order two take them to the next level?. 

For what it's worth i know the answer, when levein himself came out with we plan and envisage on having the first team squad having 5-6 youth players starting regular from the academy? That was the goal. 

Levein wasn't wrong they were capable of doing that, the problem? him or any of his coaches, didn't have the ability to take these players to the next level. 

And that's the truth we failed them. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Disagree we have never had a stable and consistent team for years, our recruitment has been shocking, we have let youth players go that clubs will receive fees for, and they have won stuff too. 

Listen, if you can cope at 16 playing against the unbeaten 69 games, in a row champions. 

It tells me that there is something far wrong, is it the players fault maybe? But how many times can players be blamed? Connor Smith brilliant against Hibs I mentioned Irving?. 

You telling me every single one of them ain't good enough?.

Or could it be the failure of the coaching they are receiving, in order two take them to the next level?. 

For what it's worth i know the answer, when levein himself came out with we plan and envisage on having the first team squad having 5-6 youth players starting regular from the academy? That was the goal. 

Levein wasn't wrong they were capable of doing that, the problem? him or any of his coaches, didn't have the ability to take these players to the next level. 

And that's the truth we failed them. 

The good thing for them then is they are now being allowed to fly free to their true destiny…elsewhere. 

23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Berra and Halkett better than Gordon? They certainly don't have the silverware to prove that, I disagree big time, I understand that some players get let go etc that's football, but the guy has had a tremendous season.

And at worst would be backup at Hearts. 

Liam Gordon was poor at Hearts i dont think anyone would have predicted his career would turn out the way it has

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The good thing for them then is they are now being allowed to fly free to their true destiny…elsewhere. 

But they are good enough to play for us dave?. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )