Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

14 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I agree. I know I’ve mentioned a few times why we would low ball him but I think that’s important. The club obviously see things we aren’t privy to. Maybe he doesn’t work as hard as he should? Maybe they think he doesn’t have the mentality or temperament to control things in the middle of the park. It sounds harsh but I’m glad under Savage we aren’t chucking contracts out to everyone. 

I do agree and I know folk have said thry know him and he is a hardworking good lad , if it is as has been suggested there will be reasons. Bashing the club because we throw money about then we dont. Because we arent financially prudent with contracts then we are is just jkb though

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Nookie Bear
40 minutes ago, sadj said:

Basic skills

Cant track back

Cant tackle

loses possession very easily - either by being pushed off the ball or because he needs a year to get on his good foot

Has a cracker of a left foot

can read the game and pick a pass

Needs to get round on his good foot to pick said pass therefore can look slow and ponderous

Over the years - the game is different now you need some sort of basic ability with your wrong foot. Said yesterday if that was me id be out there everyday working on it as that would make me an incredibly valuable asset. You don’t need coached to put time in yourself outside of training to learn these things. He is also 21 doing those things are things that could easily have been improved by him before now.

If he stays fair enough , if he goes I won’t lose any sleep or be pissed at the club. I might be harsh but i firmly believe a lot of what a player can learn and achieve is down to them and I have my reasons for that thought process.

He has played less than 50 games for us so still very raw. Paul Hartley was at Raith when he was 21, John McGinn still at St Mirren.

I feel there is room for improvement with Irving and, if we believe he has the potential to kick on at Hearts, then his salary should reflect that (if only to ensure we are the ones who benefit, not his next club). I also feel he is the kind of player that will benefit from the SPL being more open.

It might come back to bite us, it might not. It really depends on who we bring in to replace him and maybe my real fear is that i do not trust our management to carry that out.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No, nobody knows and anyone professing to know anything is lying. 

I think basically from what I’ve read over this whole “saga” is he was wanting money “more befitting of a first team player” appears to be the recurring turn of phrase his agent would have passed on to the press and then filters through on this thread. 

So in other words he wants the same 2 or 3ish grand a week that Haring, Lee, Halliday and Damour are all probably on. - and that McEneff was given right in the middle of Andys contract talks which tells you a lot. 

Not totally unreasonable- if he were actually a reliable consistent performer. Which he isn’t. A fully fit Haring you know you’ll get 7/10 minimum and when on form, the best deep lying playmaker in Scotland outside the old firm. Halliday you know you’ll get a 6/10 “did a job, experienced, worked hard, physically battled” minimum, Lee chipped in with 10 assists in only about 12 games or whatever he played so he earned his. Damour obviously a flop. Mceneff looks a pretty competitive, super fit lad that started to show some real flashes and we’re looking forward to seeing him next season. But Irving? Wildly inconsistent with 2 or 3 8/10 passing displays against Raith and Alloa iirc but also several 3/10 no shows such as Ayr, Raith at home, QoS, Alloa in the league cup etc. The other thing he was rumoured to want is a guarantee of games which is just laughable looking at his last 2 years worth of performances for us which overall picture fall well well short of Hearts standards. 

So in summary he appears to think he is better than Hearts and will get £2k a week to go and sign in what’s rumoured to be German division 2 or 3 or something. Good luck to him there and subsequently back at Raith or Dunfermline 2 years later having played about 10 games in 2 seasons, regretting ever leaving Hearts. 

There's a problem here though, and one Hearts need to come to terms with.

At 19/20/21 your lad may well not be the standard of guys at 24/25 years of age.  But how will we ever know if they will be?

Opinions, but to me Andy Irving has it in his locker to be a very good player.  If we want him to realise that, we need to show faith in him.  Someone else can pay him that and will.  Not only do we lose his ability on the field, but we lose the chance for us to cash in on the potential later.

Kinda need to take Andy Irving out of this, but it's a model Hearts need to start getting right as for a number of years, we've lost guys like Paterson, Nicholson, Walker and now Irving for heehaw.  Say what you want about them all individually but they're all good enough to play for Hearts and all good enough to command a fee.  I'd almost add Hickey to that but that was trickier to be fair as he broke through so early so it was really his first contract rather than second, so we maybe got what we could there.

I've no problem with bringing in signings on decent money of course, but we simply can't continually say we want to progress youth but not value them.

Caveat here is we don't know the ins and outs, but from the outside, it always looks to me that we don't offer our kids deals they deserve.  And as I say, if you want to only give money to finished articles... well we need to win euromillions!

26 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

There's a problem here though, and one Hearts need to come to terms with.

At 19/20/21 your lad may well not be the standard of guys at 24/25 years of age.  But how will we ever know if they will be?

Opinions, but to me Andy Irving has it in his locker to be a very good player.  If we want him to realise that, we need to show faith in him.  Someone else can pay him that and will.  Not only do we lose his ability on the field, but we lose the chance for us to cash in on the potential later.

Kinda need to take Andy Irving out of this, but it's a model Hearts need to start getting right as for a number of years, we've lost guys like Paterson, Nicholson, Walker and now Irving for heehaw.  Say what you want about them all individually but they're all good enough to play for Hearts and all good enough to command a fee.  I'd almost add Hickey to that but that was trickier to be fair as he broke through so early so it was really his first contract rather than second, so we maybe got what we could there.

I've no problem with bringing in signings on decent money of course, but we simply can't continually say we want to progress youth but not value them.

Caveat here is we don't know the ins and outs, but from the outside, it always looks to me that we don't offer our kids deals they deserve.  And as I say, if you want to only give money to finished articles... well we need to win euromillions!

Paterson made it clear he wasn't going to sign a new deal, and we got money for Walker when he left.

A club like Hearts will never be able to hang on to the very best young players, and if they want to maximize their earnings they'll be worth more as free agents.

It looks to me that Irving is a victim of the development fee system.

Let's say for example the club think he's worth 3k/week. If he leaves and the club get a 300k development fee they can then sign another 3k/week player and be 300k better off over a 2 year deal.

He's not in the category of 'we need to keep him at all costs'.

So he's been offered a deal which if he accepts, works for the club. If he thinks he'll be better off elsewhere so be it.

john thomas
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

I agree. I know I’ve mentioned a few times why we would low ball him but I think that’s important. The club obviously see things we aren’t privy to. Maybe he doesn’t work as hard as he should? Maybe they think he doesn’t have the mentality or temperament to control things in the middle of the park. It sounds harsh but I’m glad under Savage we aren’t chucking contracts out to everyone. 

So these are Savage's decisions to make ?

Phil D. Corners

1k a week at Hearts is a bit more than a youth team graduate or reserve team player. 

Andy needs game time and to play Adult football. The offer implies his standing as a fringe player / non first team starter. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, john thomas said:

So these are Savage's decisions to make ?

The wage structure certainly is his remit I would think. But the decision will be both him and Robbie on who’s quality and wanted (Smith and Kingsley signed extensions in January) vs who we want to empty (Frear, Berra, Irving etc)  Ultimately that’s what it boils down to. The club wants a better quality central midfielder than Irving brought in. And rightly so in my option as we’ve been absolute powderpuff there for years. 

I reckon if not for the development fee thing, we probably wouldn’t even have offered Irving an extension 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

Maybe they don't want him but want to ensure a fee, maybe he's been using an offer as leverage and we're calling his bluff. 

We really have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, what's been said or done, and I'll bet Andy's brother's version is very different from Neilson's brother's version

Yes, there's always two sides to every story.  In this case, I think it has gone past the point of no return.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No, nobody knows and anyone professing to know anything is lying. 

I think basically from what I’ve read over this whole “saga” is he was wanting money “more befitting of a first team player” appears to be the recurring turn of phrase his agent would have passed on to the press and then filters through on this thread. 

So in other words he wants the same 2 or 3ish grand a week that Haring, Lee, Halliday and Damour are all probably on. - and that McEneff was given right in the middle of Andys contract talks which tells you a lot. 

Not totally unreasonable- if he were actually a reliable consistent performer. Which he isn’t. A fully fit Haring you know you’ll get 7/10 minimum and when on form, the best deep lying playmaker in Scotland outside the old firm. Halliday you know you’ll get a 6/10 “did a job, experienced, worked hard, physically battled” minimum, Lee chipped in with 10 assists in only about 12 games or whatever he played so he earned his. Damour obviously a flop. Mceneff looks a pretty competitive, super fit lad that started to show some real flashes and we’re looking forward to seeing him next season. But Irving? Wildly inconsistent with 2 or 3 8/10 passing displays against Raith and Alloa iirc but also several 3/10 no shows such as Ayr, Raith at home, QoS, Alloa in the league cup etc. The other thing he was rumoured to want is a guarantee of games which is just laughable looking at his last 2 years worth of performances for us which overall picture fall well well short of Hearts standards. 

So in summary he appears to think he is better than Hearts and will get £2k a week to go and sign in what’s rumoured to be German division 2 or 3 or something. Good luck to him there and subsequently back at Raith or Dunfermline 2 years later having played about 10 games in 2 seasons, regretting ever leaving Hearts. 

With you in the consistency. We have to think of Irving in terms of what he brings to the team and squad when assessing his value to us. His composure and passing are his best attributes, plus a decent dead ball. The return of Haring and Souttar will add a lot of composure and passing ability to the team. With McEneff, GMS and Walker, and probably another winger and midfielder, we might be wanting to build more of a dynamic attacking team than we've seen recently. Irving may be seen as a good option but not an essential player for us, hence the offer is probably good for a 20 year old with limited experience in the Premiership but maybe not as much as more experienced players will get.

Like others have said Irving has good qualities but is he built for the hectic nature of a typical Scottish Premiership midfield battle? He can produce that defence splitting pass in occasional games to win us points, like Adam can for Dundee, but we might need more from him than that. He's also never really controlled games in a way that a playmaker like Adam can, but he maybe could become that payer if he gets his head down and works at it for a couple of years. He's definitely not the finished article yet.

Edited by ToqueJambo

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought Hickey was well worth £5,000 a week and although I haven't seen as much of Irving, I'm sure he'd be worth at least half of that.

:rofl:

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Yes, there's always two sides to every story.  In this case, I think it has gone past the point of no return.

I think that’s after the 14th. Will be interesting to see where he moves to. 

Would Hearts be the only club which relates pay to age?  Seems strange to me that ability, performance and encouragement wouldn't come into it.

I would have thought a promising young player, Irving in this case, would have been worth more than a passenger like Damour but in the view of at least one poster on here, I'm clearly wrong.

Or maybe he's wrong.  Maybe he hasn't thought it through properly.  Maybe he's having an off day.  Maybe he actually is Damour.

22 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would Hearts be the only club which relates pay to age?  Seems strange to me that ability, performance and encouragement wouldn't come into it.

I would have thought a promising young player, Irving in this case, would have been worth more than a passenger like Damour but in the view of at least one poster on here, I'm clearly wrong.

Or maybe he's wrong.  Maybe he hasn't thought it through properly.  Maybe he's having an off day.  Maybe he actually is Damour.

If he’s been offered 1k a week as suggested it’s maybe due to that being what the club think he’s worth. Comparing what Irving and damour get paid is completely pointless as you don’t overpay someone else due to a previous signing being shite and not worth his wages. 

Mr Brightside
32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Damour wasn’t signed as a passenger though. He was signed as a key midfield player for us from a higher level. It hasn’t worked out but there is sound logic to the wage he was offered.

A good example is Sam Nicholson, he went to the MLS for £4K a week, but for us he isn’t a £4K a week player. That wage is for an experienced star player. Just the realities of our budget.

7 hours ago, sadj said:

Said that yesterday , anyone who watched him last season will have seen the tumes he lost the ball or possession for the team because he couldn’t get round on to his wrong foot. 

Potential there but he could easily improve the wrong foot to a level that makes him a very attractive prospect for teams. I don’t think he is there yet. 

Pros

Good passer of the ball

Decent shot from outside the box

Cons

One footed

One paced

Lacks defensive abilities.

He can still definitely work on his weaknesses but I'm not sure that a.) we should be breaking the bank to keep him or b.) he'll ever play at a higher level / bigger club than he currently is.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Damour is shite so therefore we should pay a poor, inconsistent midfielder unproven in the Premiership Irving the same overpriced wages as him? Don’t get the logic

What we need to do: if we’re looking at a £2500 a week wage or thereabouts, or even more, £3-4000 a week given the slight war chest we’ve got from offloading all that Levein dross,  is sign someone much much better than either damour or irving who will want to come in, make a huge impact in the Premiership, and dominate. So then we’ll have Haring, McEneff, new Quality CM/CAM (Djoum type engine room athlete IMO or maybe a Bruno Aguiar European type, something a bit different), and Halliday as the utility man, then Connor Smith and McGill looking to get an opportunity from the bench or step in if there’s an injury and put themselves in contention through good performances. That’ll be much improved from when we had a dross midfield of Bozanic, Clare, Irving, Damour that flopped to the bottom of the table with a disastrous outcome for the club.

alwaysthereinspirit
7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

From comments you see on here, we do seem to under-value our most promising youngsters but are happy to pay average tradesmen a lot more.

I thought Hickey was well worth £5,000 a week and although I haven't seen as much of Irving, I'm sure he'd be worth at least half of that.

What a player is “worth” is easier when there’s no real budget. English premier league teams pay crazy money for average players. At the end of the day it’s not even real money when it comes from TV contracts. They don’t have to do anything to make it.

Hearts are on a real budget. Season ticket sales and walk-ups, concessions (please buy a pie and bovril) and a pittance from TV. There’s not much extra going around. A good cup run helps but no guarantee. Irving and players like him will never make a fortune in Scotland. Decent living but you won’t be rich. Many many English players are making more a week than we probably pay any player in our squad a year. 

1 hour ago, iainmac said:

Pros

Good passer of the ball

Decent shot from outside the box

Cons

One footed

One paced

Lacks defensive abilities.

He can still definitely work on his weaknesses but I'm not sure that a.) we should be breaking the bank to keep him or b.) he'll ever play at a higher level / bigger club than he currently is.

Slows the whole game down being too deliberate with his passing. 

Don't  get this one-footed business.  How many of our right footed players used there left foot apart to stand on?  I think there's  a bit of left-footism going on. 😁  come on the lefties.

8 minutes ago, RENE said:

Don't  get this one-footed business.  How many of our right footed players used there left foot apart to stand on?  I think there's  a bit of left-footism going on. 😁  come on the lefties.

I agree. 

How many one-footed right-footers can anyone name? Was John Colquhoun two-footed? Honestly didn't notice at the time.

1 minute ago, 4marsbars said:

I agree. 

How many one-footed right-footers can anyone name? Was John Colquhoun two-footed? Honestly didn't notice at the time.

12 minutes ago, RENE said:

There is a difference between being one footed and being “one footed” perfect example is when he took the ball across the pitch v Morton and couldn’t get it on his left to pass it and ran the ball out of play. Its really not difficult to learn to clip the ball or play a basic pass with your wrong foot. So far Andy hasnt shown that. It shows when you think he is thinking slowly and its more getting it to his left to make the pass that split second can be massive. Add that to his defensive capability and it is difficult to say how much the positives outweigh the neigatives. Wee bit of work and he could be a very very good footballer the potential is there. 

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, Dunks said:

:rofl:

Why is that funny mate, If you have a top talent you need to secure them to them secure a transfer fee. That’s how football works.. Hickey will be on north of £5k now but I have no doubt Bologna would be looking for over £5m to sign him, maybe even a great deal more. 

Seems a common theme to offer our youth players, slave A** /bull***tcontracts, while others in the team pick up 2-3k for doing plums, while on the other side of Edinburgh they have managed to tie down there youth players, with interest in them already,seems to be more a culture thing tbh, hate to say it but Robbie is a clone of Craig Levein. 

History just repeats it's self over and over again, Nicholson, Holt, Walker, Patterson, Robinson, and the list goes on. 

Could add more to this but let's be real guys, why shouldn't Irving be paid a fair first team wage? / one of the highest earners?. 

Berra / Damour, Whelan and Naismith only needed to train two days, to earn money 😂😂

We need change!. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Why is that funny mate, If you have a top talent you need to secure them to them secure a transfer fee. That’s how football works.. Hickey will be on north of £5k now but I have no doubt Bologna would be looking for over £5m to sign him, maybe even a great deal more. 

Unfortunately some Hearts fans have zero ambition and are scared of committing to keeping our better young players. 

Hickey was easily worth that. 

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Unfortunately some Hearts fans have zero ambition and are scared of committing to keeping our better young players. 

Hickey was easily worth that. 

Spot on, but rather than give a youth player that sort of wage,we waste it on a journeyman that is going to produce feck all, and sit on his contract, until it runs out! Because he knows he won't get more anywhere else, fecking embarrassing man. 

Why give the journeyman that money, when you can invest in youth, etc and maybe make a profit by doing so?. 

It's looking like Josh Doig will go for more than Hickey, I just find that incredible. 

if we don’t back our young players with decent contracts and long term deals then we will never ever get a decent fee for any of them, thus making our academy a pointless excercise, sure some might flop, but someone at the club must make a decision on the players who they believe have a decent chance, and back there judgement giving these potential young players a decent long term contract 

for example say Cammy Logan or a Connor Smith get them on a contract where we are going to get a return on our investment, these players must be on at least 3-4 year deals

As an aside any senior player with less than 12 months on there deal and undecided about signing a new deal  should automatically be available for transfer

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

if we don’t back our young players with decent contracts and long term deals then we will never ever get a decent fee for any of them, thus making our academy a pointless excercise, sure some might flop, but someone at the club must make a decision on the players who they believe have a decent chance, and back there judgement giving these potential young players a decent long term contract 

for example say Cammy Logan or a Connor Smith get them on a contract where we are going to get a return on our investment, these players must be on at least 3-4 year deals

As an aside any senior player with less than 12 months on there deal and undecided about signing a new deal  should automatically be available for transfer

But we got £1.2m for one of them just last summer? 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

But we got £1.2m for one of them just last summer? 

Be honest was he worth more?. 

And for a club that gave him his chance, why didn't he sign a new deal?. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Can Hearts not understand how a young player feels when he gets into a first team and continually players better, works better and is given more responsibility than an older player who is on £3000 to £4000 a week compared to his £1000 a week. The same thing happens in offices, construction sites, hospitality etc and believe me when your getting a raw deal it not only hurts it affects your attitude to the job. Do I have sympathy for young Irving ? of course I do and I’d like to see Hearts act like a big club who care about their players and sort this ongoing problem.

Edited by mitch41

davemclaren
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Can Hearts not understand how. Young player feels when he gets into a first team and continually players better, works better and is given more responsibility than an older player who is on £3000 to £4000 a week compared to his £1000 a week. The same thing happens in offices, construction sites, hospitality etc and believe me when your getting a raw deal it not only hurts it affects your attitude to the job. Do I have sympathy for young Irving ? of course I do and I’d like to see Hearts act like a big club who care about their players and sort this ongoing problem.

For whatever reason hearts value of the player’s worth doesn’t reflect the player’s own value of his worth. Happens in every business. 

56 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Seems a common theme to offer our youth players, slave A** /bull***tcontracts, while others in the team pick up 2-3k for doing plums, while on the other side of Edinburgh they have managed to tie down there youth players, with interest in them already,seems to be more a culture thing tbh, hate to say it but Robbie is a clone of Craig Levein. 

History just repeats it's self over and over again, Nicholson, Holt, Walker, Patterson, Robinson, and the list goes on. 

Could add more to this but let's be real guys, why shouldn't Irving be paid a fair first team wage? / one of the highest earners?. 

Berra / Damour, Whelan and Naismith only needed to train two days, to earn money 😂😂

We need change!. 

The answer to your question re Irving is quite simple - he is nowhere near good enough for us. Couldn’t hold down a first team place in the championship for last few games of season. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Which Hibs youths have come through and made them money in recent years?

Not saying there aren't any, but off the top of my head I can't think of them.

They made money on Mcginn obviously, but that was good scouting.

Edited by fancy a brew

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The answer to your question re Irving is quite simple - he is nowhere near good enough for us. Couldn’t hold down a first team place in the championship for last few games of season. 

Only because our fabulous manager Neilson didn’t pick him in the starting 11. In Neilson’s judgement we trust……….NOT !

David McCaig
30 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Only because our fabulous manager Neilson didn’t pick him in the starting 11. In Neilson’s judgement we trust……….NOT !

Wasn’t in the team because Peter Haring is a vastly superior player!!

32 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

And the reason the manager doesn’t pick him is because he contributes little other than passes across the pitch or backwards. Completely kills the tempo of our play when he receives the ball. 

Nookie Bear
40 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

In fairness they have turned down substantial bids for Doig and Nisbet

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But neither of them are products of the Hibs youth system, Doig ironically being the product of ours.

:levein2:

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We need change!. 

Go on then tell us why Andy Irving should be one of our highest earners.

As for the paragraph i highlighted wtaf 🤯

Guest ToqueJambo
46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Allegedly and neither really count as Hibs youth players. And if true, surely any large bid for Doig is a reflection of our system? Both in terms of the fact he came through our system and that we had an even better young player ahead of him so could afford to let him go.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We need change!. 

Paterson was off no matter what we offered. Holt (he rejected us) and Robinson left for regular first team football not more money. Walker and Nicolson? We got lots of good years from them. None of these players' situations are anything like Andy Irving's. And Irving is nowhere near good enough to be one of our highest earners. What would that be based on exactly? He couldn't even hold down a place in our first team for a full season in the Championship. We arguably improved in the latter part of the season when he dropped to the bench. Good player, very good prospect, would like to keep, but not top earner status yet.

3 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

If we take credit for hickey, then surely the same should apply if Porto or Doig is sold?, did they not get a fee for Cummings?. 

Fact of the matter is they go for more than they are valued? How do Hibs achieve this? By giving them longer contracts?. 

They just seem better at dealing with players contracts. 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Nonsense yet we have decided that Mceneff is yet hasn't played any games, honestly there are people on here that could imitate Ian paisley, im a Hearts supporter but when i see something wrong, I call it out. 

You're only coming up with that opinion cause it's, looking like he's leaving. 

To say Irving isn't good enough well you are entitled to you're opinion, but this to me proves you wrong, 

Ferguson is being raved about for his performances with Aberdeen, yet I'm still wondering if he has came out, Irvings back pocket from this game, made Ferguson look amateur, 5mil your having a laugh. 

Listen I'm passionate about the young players etc, is see there ability and what they can bring to our club. 

Trust me I wouldn't come on here saying what i do, if I didn't believe what I'm saying. 

Three players right, Cochrane bossed it against celtic? Connor Smith was excellent at Easter Road?. 

Irving against rangers with sibbick, and Aberdeen. 

Moore against rangers in the cup, Henderson last year and this year when he got a run of games. 

It's blatant man. 

How can people not see it. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

Go on then tell us why Andy Irving should be one of our highest earners.

As for the paragraph i highlighted wtaf 🤯

He has contributed to the team more than Haring and Damour this season?. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Paterson was off no matter what we offered. Holt (he rejected us) and Robinson left for regular first team football not more money. Walker and Nicolson? We got lots of good years from them. None of these players' situations are anything like Andy Irving's. And Irving is nowhere near good enough to be one of our highest earners. What would that be based on exactly? He couldn't even hold down a place in our first team for a full season in the Championship. We arguably improved in the latter part of the season when he dropped to the bench. Good player, very good prospect, would like to keep, but not top earner status yet.

Hearts lowballed every player 😂😂

Wake up, Holt guestioned game time, Hearts offer him out On loan Nottingham Forest show interest, and ask if they can have an optional buy clause, Hearts reject this. 

Robinson questioned game time. 

Nicholson wouldn't sign new contract lowball offer. 

Paterson wouldn't sign contract lowball offer. 

Walker contract lowball offer only for the club to then improve contract terms, and publicly announce that they have offered to make him highest paid player at club, why because rangers and a few championship clubs came sniffing, rangers could pay walker the wage but weren't prepared to pay the fee we wanted, we settled for less than he was worth, due to his contract running out and he went to Wigan. 

Hickey well you be the judge of that 😂 have a good night mate, I'm passionate about this club and it kills me to see it being ruined. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

But neither of them are products of the Hibs youth system, Doig ironically being the product of ours.

:levein2:

Yes but as pointed out if we are taking credit for hickey, then surely the same applies for Hibs?. 

44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He has contributed to the team more than Haring and Damour this season?. 

Oh right so thats how it works we pay by form. Haring recovering from a major injury - here pal we are gonna dice your wages because you arent contributing.

Edited by sadj

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hearts lowballed every player 😂😂

Wake up, Holt guestioned game time, Hearts offer him out On loan Nottingham Forest show interest, and ask if they can have an optional buy clause, Hearts reject this. 

Robinson questioned game time. 

Nicholson wouldn't sign new contract lowball offer. 

Paterson wouldn't sign contract lowball offer. 

Walker contract lowball offer only for the club to then improve contract terms, and publicly announce that they have offered to make him highest paid player at club, why because rangers and a few championship clubs came sniffing, rangers could pay walker the wage but weren't prepared to pay the fee we wanted, we settled for less than he was worth, due to his contract running out and he went to Wigan. 

Hickey well you be the judge of that 😂 have a good night mate, I'm passionate about this club and it kills me to see it being ruined. 

**** off with yer lowball pish. Being a ***** about every aspect of the club and being the Stendel fan club is not the same as being passionate. 

Engaged you far more than i wanted too. Away back to arguing with everyone else that your opinion is right no one elses and ill just ignore yer lunacy for now 👍🏻 Enjoy your night 👍🏻

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

And the reason the manager doesn’t pick him is because he contributes little other than passes across the pitch or backwards. Completely kills the tempo of our play when he receives the ball. 

Aye but hes contributed more than Haring or Damour so ehh give him the keys to the yacht and the Rolls 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye but hes contributed more than Haring or Damour so ehh give him the keys to the yacht and the Rolls 

Eh you forgot about him having a good game against Aberdeen 18 months ago .  . . !

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )