Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

south morocco

Got to remember, he’s playing in the championship. For me he loses possession cheaply at times. Is one footed. But can definitely play some great passes. Needs to bulk up a bit

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

19 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good player, wank manager who will ruin him 

Not the managers fault he strolls about like he is towing a caravan (his booking today summed him up) playing 10 yard square or backwards to the central defenders. 
Him and Halliday are everything that’s wrong with the way we play. Unless he shows more aggression and a will to go forward he can leave tomorrow. 

Needs dropped. Was superb earlier this season but isn’t at it atm. 

Decision making poor. Defending average. Needs to boss these games and make a difference. Movement in front doesn’t help 

8 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Another Holt. Will be at St Johnstone / Livingston within 3 years.

He is nowhere near as good as Holt was when he first came into the side.

Sorry, but that's just the way I see it.

gorgie al 1960
3 minutes ago, swilso said:

Please can we have a centre midfield partnership of Haring and Mceneef rather than Irving and Halliday

mcneef will be a stick out in this team - Mark my words

alwaysthereinspirit

Maybe we can stop all the talk about signing him to what ever he wants for a few weeks.

He was crap tonight and not for the first time. 
He may turn out to be good in the future but he’s not anywhere near as good as he/agent thinks.

Could you actually see him standing out at Dunfermline, Dundee or Raith?

He's bang average. Young but shouldn't be on mega bucks unless we're certain he's going to improve.

Maybe a victim of his own relative success? Looked great when teams gave him time and space but looks one dimensional now that opposition don't give him the opportunity to dictate play.  Technically gifted no doubt but perhaps lacking physically.  Worry that he will be accounted for by opposition and therefore pointless and even a liability due to defensive weaknesses. 

Fxxx the SPFL
52 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The boy is horseshit and will never make the grade up from Hearts. 

not often i agree with you but yep will probably sign contract tomorrow

On one hand I feel the contract negotiations are affecting his performances. On the other hand that’s a little of his own/agent’s doing. Young players need to be rested now and again as they are inconsistent in early stages of their career. He needs dropped for the next game for McEneff. And Haring needs to come in for Halliday.

2 hours ago, swilso said:

Luxury player, can't defend, can't tackle, poor in the air and has no pace. Haring is a far better player and will be needed much more in the premiership than Irving

True,,,,

3 weeks in a row he’s been clearly nullified. Good player and good Hearts man but a squad player is his current level and the wages offered should reflect that. Hopefully Hearts and Irving improve in stature in the years to come.

1 hour ago, swilso said:

Please can we have a centre midfield partnership of Haring and Mceneef rather than Irving and Halliday

worth a go next week

What I’d be concerned about is his lack of appetite to replicate the brief spell of energy and more purpose put into his game and promoted by Stendel.

Surely as a young player you should absorb that style, embrace it and if anything, is a learning curve.  For me, he’s slipped back too easily into a lazy role, mostly out of the key areas where you’d need to be more sharp and imposing. 

For 5 minutes at the start he was pushed up and I was delighted to see it.

Very quickly he dropped back. The lad has ability but he really needs a manager who’ll make him see what will improve him.  If not, I don’t think he’s going to change much. And If he doesn’t know it himself, then it’s an even more disappointing scenario.  

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Good player, wank manager who will ruin him 

Why do you think Robbie is ruining him ?

6 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

What I’d be concerned about is his lack of appetite to replicate the brief spell of energy and more purpose put into his game and promoted by Stendel.

Surely as a young player you should absorb that style, embrace it and if anything, is a learning curve.  For me, he’s slipped back too easily into a lazy role, mostly out of the key areas where you’d need to be more sharp and imposing. 

For 5 minutes at the start he was pushed up and I was delighted to see it.

Very quickly he dropped back. The lad has ability but he really needs a manager who’ll make him see what will improve him.  If not, I don’t think he’s going to change much. And If he doesn’t know it himself, then it’s an even more disappointing scenario.  

I think his head’s been turned. No coincidence that his form has dipped rapidly since he rejected the contract offer. His body language and demeanour has changed as well.  He looks like a guy who doesn’t feel valued.  Probably thinks McEneff has been brought in to replace him as he’s been subbed off for him two weeks on the bounce.  He’s doing the work of two

midfielders as his partner has been on a jolly for months now.  

8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

He is nowhere near as good as Holt was when he first came into the side.

Sorry, but that's just the way I see it.

I agree with you. 

My point is he thinks he is better than he is (and a few on here think).

I'd give him a deadline to sign the contract on the table.or tell him to move on.

Still young so his form will dip and rise rather than being steady , his head will be all over the place with the contract talks . A wee chat from the senior players and the manager , a game or two out off the firing line would help as well . 
Not sure  who his agent is but whoever he/she is should be aware that their advice is having a detrimental affect on a young players performance . 
Id offer him a deal , give him a deadline , if it’s signed great , if not fine we go our separate ways . Not many players leave Hearts and go onto play at bigger clubs and at the level we will be playing at next season. 

And I was ridiculed on here for saying he wasn’t worth the big bucks he was demanding just a couple of weeks ago:lol: 

Half the problem is Halliday who seems bent on kicking people rather than playing football. Hoping McEneff gets up to speed quickly. 

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

Noticed how one footed he is today. Will make him very easy to play against unless he can get that sorted.

Been saying it for months. Simple pass on right foot to cut a team mate out to move the ball wide in one pass and due to being his standing on leg only he has to use his left peg changing the options available thus slowing things down.

Far worse than Perry Kitchen for failing to find a forward ball.

Parttimer1874
10 hours ago, theshed said:

I don’t care what anyone says but he won’t go on to play for a bigger club than hearts 

I used to say this about Jamie Walker and people laughed. For what it’s worth I agree with you on Irving too

Just another eion Jess will say he is a fantastic prospect when he's 29 .he's great when your winning but get him to change a match and hes found wanting.really not bothered if he signs again or not .

Opposition team talk: See that hearts playmaker with the wand of a left foot, stand at his left side and make him pass sideways as he can’t use his right foot. Job done! Porty Pirlo? Potty pillow more like. Take the deal or piss off and take your new found ego with you😡

I thought we might see the people saying he is such a great player, with great vision and passing might have said something.

My big concern was he disappeared last night. When the going is tough that's when you see the good players. Others say he does well with lots of possession when we are dominating. That won't be the case so much in the Premiership. 

Jury is out again. 

Irving needs to make up his mind where he wants to be pretty quickly. Just now I’m seeing a player who shuffles about not doing very much but now and again producing something exciting. Now and again is not what we need.  

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Irving needs to make up his mind where he wants to be pretty quickly. Just now I’m seeing a player who shuffles about not doing very much but now and again producing something exciting. Now and again is not what we need.  

He needs dropped until he does. He seems to have lost the hunger of a few weeks ago. Whether that’s to do with his contract who knows but until it’s sorted out he needs to be out the team. I’ve said before I think given time and the right attitude he could be a good player but a massive part of me thinks that Andy Irving thinks he is already there. He is miles off being a premier league midfielder. 

A_A wehatethehibs
10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If his agent announced he’d signed a pre contract with someone else I’d be delighted. 

Ive kept my powder dry on him but to be honest I’ve not seen all that much this season to suggest he’s any better than the midfielder who took to the field 18 times out of 31 for us last season and was on the winning team just 3 times. And got relegated. Now he’s allegedly off to some big club in Germany? Jordan McGee / Adam King type move sounds like. Will go somewhere and won’t play a game.  A move like that will see him playing at QoS or Raith in under 2 years. Should be grabbing that Hearts contract with both hands and grateful we’re showing faith in him. Long, arduous developmental journey ahead for him to reach Hearts standard. 

19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If his agent announced he’d signed a pre contract with someone else I’d be delighted. 

Yes,he thinks he is better than he actually is,flatters to deceive.

31 minutes ago, Deevers said:

20 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

He needs dropped until he does. He seems to have lost the hunger of a few weeks ago. Whether that’s to do with his contract who knows but until it’s sorted out he needs to be out the team. I’ve said before I think given time and the right attitude he could be a good player but a massive part of me thinks that Andy Irving thinks he is already there. He is miles off being a premier league midfielder. 

TBH I came on this thread to say exactly the same, in the past two games it's been identical and both times he was subbed, I would like to see Haring and McEneff starting, it might give him the kick up the arse he needs, play the psychological game and show him that he is not the only one we have that can get the job done

Doesn't have a right foot......AT ALL

This makes him awkwardly shift his body and so at times a simple right foot pass forward turns into a left foot pass back.

No doubt with his left he finds a pass but the fact he doesnt even have a right foot to make a 10yrd pass will stop him progressing.

How he doesnt work on this is beyond me i mean my 8 year old practises with both feet.

14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ive kept my powder dry on him but to be honest I’ve not seen all that much this season to suggest he’s any better than the midfielder who took to the field 18 times out of 31 for us last season and was on the winning team just 3 times. And got relegated. Now he’s allegedly off to some big club in Germany? Jordan McGee / Adam King type move sounds like. Will go somewhere and won’t play a game.  A move like that will see him playing at QoS or Raith in under 2 years. Should be grabbing that Hearts contract with both hands and grateful we’re showing faith in him. Long, arduous developmental journey ahead for him to reach Hearts standard. 

It's possible he's just been offered a better deal elsewhere. Whether he is or isn't good enough for us or them is kind of irrelevant. If he can make more money and/or join a club where he thinks he can develop more he'd be mad not to take.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if he does as I don't think he's up to much.

There's a lot of scope for me to improve and progress up the organisation at my work. I'm not currently at that level and maybe never will be. I'd still take a pay rise and the offer of help to reach those levels from another company if they came in and offered it. It wouldn't make me suddenly think I'm too good for my current employer.

Edited by Taffin

His games against Hibs and Celtic in the SC showed him up big time. Caught in possession, and closed down every time. If memory serves me right, think he got subbed in both matches....Ineffective against better teams..... 

Far too slow to make it into the big time....For a big rangy lad he needs to find at least another yard and find it quick!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )