Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

On 05/02/2021 at 23:38, ford donald said:

McEneff looks a better player.

You can tell that from a half hour cameo? He did look half decent but I will wait till I’ve seen him a few times before I will jump in and declare him a better player than what we’ve got. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

McEneff looks like he's willing to take the ball and run 30-40 yards before doing something with it. It's what we've been missing.

The rest of them look for the simple pass or the quarterback pass.

39 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

You can tell that from a half hour cameo? He did look half decent but I will wait till I’ve seen him a few times before I will jump in and declare him a better player than what we’ve got. 

Just about anyone with pace and energy would look good in our side. 

31 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

McEneff looks like he's willing to take the ball and run 30-40 yards before doing something with it. It's what we've been missing.

The rest of them look for the simple pass or the quarterback pass.

Just hope we don’t coach that out of him!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
47 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I would tend to agree. Not sure Irving is suited to Scottish football and very poor in defensive side of it.  That is important in Scottish football. 

From what information we have from McEneff career to date he seems to be a more rounded complete player. 

Irving may be a luxury player in this era. Lovely passer of the ball,  but is it enough to be lashing out the cheque book?

Jean Louis Valois

Lets be honest, if Andy Irving doesn't sign a new contract it's abit of a disaster. At 20 years old he is already one of our most important players, who knows how good he could be in another 2 years. He's the type of player all clubs would want and we could make serious money off him. To let him leave for nothing would be shocking from the club, we should be making him an offer he can't refuse.

Can't help but think this could be another Jordan Mcghee story.

Thinks he is better than he is , gets his big move...

Vanishes...

Hope I'm wrong 

10 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Lets be honest, if Andy Irving doesn't sign a new contract it's abit of a disaster. At 20 years old he is already one of our most important players, who knows how good he could be in another 2 years. He's the type of player all clubs would want and we could make serious money off him. To let him leave for nothing would be shocking from the club, we should be making him an offer he can't refuse.

Andy Irving as he is just now ? That would be a loss we can recover from with a signing. He is nowhere near the finished article and has elements missing from his game.

The Andy Irving that he MIGHT turn into. Gold dust worth millions. 

There is probably nothing more we can do on this now. I feel sure we have now put our best offer on the table and it’s entirely up to Irving. Stay and finish your development or move now and take the money from elsewhere.

It’s not a ‘disaster’ if he leaves. Players come and go and they get replaced, sometimes by better, sometimes by lesser players. Hearts will be okay without him.

Edited by JimmyCant

7 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

This comes right back to Andy not hearts. Too often players think they’ve made it too early. Andy is definitely not the finished article. For every sublime pass he makes there are a lot more missed tackles, passes to opposition and generally loads of school boy mistakes. He’s had more games at hearts than he’d get elsewhere. Signing a 4 year deal with hearts will not stop the big clubs coming in for him in the future. He needs to learn his trade to allow his potential to become reality and not be another ‘could have beens’. 

If he's got options there's no reason not to explore them.

Hearts supporters are incredibly disloyal and miserable and that obviously passes over onto the players, he doesn't owe us anything in my opinion.

I think Jamie Walker is a better player and has offered the club much more than Andy has, he was certainly a better prospect and the same age. Was Jamie better staying at Hearts?

This is all down to the player, if he's earned options then that's fair enough, the same morons begging for loyalty are the same morons who'll be screaming for him to be punted after a few bad passes next season in the PL. He will take that into account.

If it's a financial move, I'd go.

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

If he's got options there's no reason not to explore them.

Hearts supporters are incredibly disloyal and miserable and that obviously passes over onto the players, he doesn't owe us anything in my opinion.

I think Jamie Walker is a better player and has offered the club much more than Andy has, he was certainly a better prospect and the same age. Was Jamie better staying at Hearts?

This is all down to the player, if he's earned options then that's fair enough, the same morons begging for loyalty are the same morons who'll be screaming for him to be punted after a few bad passes next season in the PL. He will take that into account.

If it's a financial move, I'd go.

If as per the suggestions on here about the offer he has been made then to me that is showing the player that we don't really want to keep him.

Offering him a four and half year deal on relatively poor pay compared to many of his team mates some of whom hardly ever play is not the way to keep one of our promising young talents.

I would imagine if he is swayed by anything or anyone it will be his agent before anything that is posted on this Forum.

As for posters being disloyal and morons well I actually think that is way off the mark.

I agree that some are less supportive than others but then does that make them disloyal or morons?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I would tend to agree. Not sure Irving is suited to Scottish football and very poor in defensive side of it.  That is important in Scottish football. 

I have noticed a huge improvement in his workrate and tracking back in the last couple of months.Wins headers and gets stuck in more and will only improve.He seems to have gained a bit of a swagger of late aswell and i loved how he got in about Charlie Adam to the extent he nearly lost it ha,ha.Scottish football should concentrate on being suited to Irving and not the other way around but i know what you mean.

He's getting a run of games this season and looks to be improving. If he signs a new deal then we'll find out next season how he copes with less space and better players.

If he doesn't sign a new contract then so be it we need to find a replacement.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
55 minutes ago, Four faces said:

I have noticed a huge improvement in his workrate and tracking back in the last couple of months.Wins headers and gets stuck in more and will only improve.He seems to have gained a bit of a swagger of late aswell and i loved how he got in about Charlie Adam to the extent he nearly lost it ha,ha.Scottish football should concentrate on being suited to Irving and not the other way around but i know what you mean.

Unfortunately we have been waiting for Scottish football to change for a long time now. 

Fair to say its attritional. Irving has interest from abroad, where I he would thrive 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Unfortunately we have been waiting for Scottish football to change for a long time now. 

Fair to say its attritional. Irving has interest from abroad, where I he would thrive 

I don’t think it’s attritional. Don’t think Hearts rate him highly enough to invest the huge wage he’s demanding, when we could instead look to get a couple of Djoum type quality athletes / ball winner / miles more complete finished article midfielders for that sort of money in the transfer market.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t think it’s attritional. Don’t think Hearts rate him highly enough to invest the huge wage he’s demanding, when we could instead look to get a couple of Djoum type quality athletes / ball winner / miles more complete finished article midfielders for that sort of money in the transfer market.

Who says he's demanding a huge wage?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don't think I can find a better word for Scottish football than attritional. 

Probably another good example today.

7 minutes ago, RENE said:

Irving demanding a huge wage is the same as hearts offering a contact less than his current one. Sums all of this up - no one has a clue but for whatever reason seems some on here are wanting a ‘guilty party’

1 minute ago, RENE said:

Andy hasn’t ‘demanded’ anything, has had ONE low-ball offer, which he rejected.

Hoped the club would have come with an offer that said we value you, that reflected the ‘we want to build the team around you’ chat. Disappointed. The chat in the papers suggest he’s had an improved second offer. Not  true. Suggests he’s made a counter-offer. Not true.

Starting to sound like the club don’t really want him, but want to shift the blame to the player. Let’s face it, if the club really wanted him, they’d have made him a proper offer before anyone was free to talk to him. Either the club don’t really rate him, are playing a risky game trying to get him to sign on the cheap, don’t think he has any options or are just incompetent. Whatever the reason is, not really encouraging him to sign IF the club ever come back with another offer.

10 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Hoped the club would have come with an offer that said we value you, that reflected the ‘we want to build the team around you’ chat. Disappointed. The chat in the papers suggest he’s had an improved second offer. Not  true. Suggests he’s made a counter-offer. Not true.

Starting to sound like the club don’t really want him, but want to shift the blame to the player. Let’s face it, if the club really wanted him, they’d have made him a proper offer before anyone was free to talk to him. Either the club don’t really rate him, are playing a risky game trying to get him to sign on the cheap, don’t think he has any options or are just incompetent. Whatever the reason is, not really encouraging him to sign IF the club ever come back with another offer.

Wasn't that report a direct quote from Robbie Neilson, in which case either RN is lying or your just making things up.

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Wasn't that report a direct quote from Robbie Neilson, in which case either RN is lying or your just making things up.

I don’t know if there is a direct quote from Robbie. Maybe someone should ask him. And when the second offer was made.

Malinga the Swinga
52 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

You still pretending to have inside knowledge. I mean, well done for keeping it going for so long, but why bother. 

You know same as everyone else, which is zilch and nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You still pretending to have inside knowledge. I mean, well done for keeping it going for so long, but why bother. 

You know same as everyone else, which is zilch and nothing. 

Aye, nae bother. 

3 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

If Andy seriously thinks, at 20 y/o that we're going to 'build the team around him' then he really needs to have another think. He's a talented lad, for sure, but he needs to improve on most aspects of his game before the team gets built around him. 

I've not got a clue what he's been offered or what he considers his worth to be but the bottom line is that, come the end of the season, he can sign for any other team. If that other team is prepared to pay him more than what we are offering then it's his choice to make. I will wish him luck wherever he ends up, as long as it's not at one of the arse cheeks obviously. 

Just now, Musemic said:

If Andy seriously thinks, at 20 y/o that we're going to 'build the team around him' then he really needs to have another think. He's a talented lad, for sure, but he needs to improve on most aspects of his game before the team gets built around him. 

I've not got a clue what he's been offered or what he considers his worth to be but the bottom line is that, come the end of the season, he can sign for any other team. If that other team is prepared to pay him more than what we are offering then it's his choice to make. I will wish him luck wherever he ends up, as long as it's not at one of the arse cheeks obviously. 

It wasn’t him that said that. That quote was allegedly from the club. He certainly doesn’t have that kind of ego. As regards the money, it’s as much about being respected/valued as the actual money.  What does it say about the clubs opinion of you if they lowball you ?

It’s 100% been in hearts hands to sort it out if they’d really wanted. 

3 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

Aye, nae bother. 

Hearts made an offer. Robbie publicly invited him to make a counter offer. You are saying he hasn’t. If that is true, he should sack his agent. His agent is employed to negotiate the best deal and, from what you say has not done his job. 

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Query!  Where is it said that he is demanding huge wages and where will we suddenly come up with a Djoum type?

His agent will probably be holding any decision up  trying to get as much money for himself out of it and trying to manipulate the 20 year old in to playing hard ball as agents do. 

That-Day-In-May

The speculation that comes with the lack of news is always painful to read. Folk need to calm down. We had a busy January where we have looked to of added real quality. Irving’s new contract hasn’t been the priority in the past few weeks. We need to realise these things take time and trust JS to continue the good work and get this sorted. Plenty of time to sort things out.

StirlingJambo

If we can’t agree a new context with Andy it’s another screw up by Hearts.

He’s isn’t the finished article but there’s a lot of promise there. The whole point of the academy is to find players, bring them through and sell on for money which Andy would bring us eventually. 

The way i see it is Irving has every right to explore his options, However he is taking a risk and has to ask himself if he will be in the starting 11 elsewhere? For example if the highly unlikely scenario that an english championship side is in for him? Is he going to start every game for them? Probably not is the realistic answer, Only to the OF or english championship is a step up from hearts imo and could offer him more money, Unless he is going to take a sideways/backwards step, He aint starting for anyone above league 1 level in england at this stage in his career. He would be best staying for another couple of years at us to develop more and earn himself a move to a big championship team.

21 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Can't help but think this could be another Jordan Mcghee story.

Thinks he is better than he is , gets his big move...

Vanishes...

Hope I'm wrong 

You’re probably right.

On 05/02/2021 at 23:38, ford donald said:

McEneff looks a better player.

Absolute shite. 

you can tell that after only a 30 minute sub appearance?

6 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

You’re probably right.

Jordon McGhee wasn’t very good and vastly overrated.

Proven with the teams teams he’s played for.

I don’t get this chat that if hearts fail to sign Irving to a new contract it’s Hearts fault. If the player doesn’t want to sign then that’s nothing to do with hearts and catch you later. Seen better players leave hearts than Irving and we’ve survived.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I don’t get this chat that if hearts fail to sign Irving to a new contract it’s Hearts fault. If the player doesn’t want to sign then that’s nothing to do with hearts and catch you later. Seen better players leave hearts than Irving and we’ve survived.

I want him to stay and think he could go on to great things but some of the dramatics on this thread are a bit nutty tbh.

Just now, GinRummy said:

I want him to stay and think he could go on to great things but some of the dramatics on this thread are a bit nutty tbh.

Irving has had like what 8-10 good games in his hearts career and people are wanting us to offer him thousands 😂

14 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

So now that you have been proved as being, to be kind,mistaken, maybe you will be good enough to stop posting rubbish 

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

If we can’t agree a new context with Andy it’s another screw up by Hearts.

He’s isn’t the finished article but there’s a lot of promise there. The whole point of the academy is to find players, bring them through and sell on for money which Andy would bring us eventually. 

How's it a screw up by Hearts ? We've offered contract but the player needs to want to sign it

8 hours ago, Barney bulge said:

His agent will probably be holding any decision up  trying to get as much money for himself out of it and trying to manipulate the 20 year old in to playing hard ball as agents do. 

44 minutes ago, jambocub said:

More likely the chat above is a load of keek 

Not all of it 

the agent does appear to be holding things up according to that  recent media report just posted. 

The laddie is 20 from Edinburgh from a family of hearts fans just starting to get sustained first team football every week.  why wouldn’t he want to sign on for another couple of years to progress then get a decent move. 
unless his agent is bending his ear and making what should be straight forward negotiations difficult. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, steve123 said:

Sounds to me like that’s a take it or leave it moment. Pressure will now get increased because with the championship looking sealed, the pressure is now about to increase on Neilson and Savage to produce an outstanding team next season. McEneff-Halliday will almost certainly start the next game. 

8 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Query!  Where is it said that he is demanding huge wages and where will we suddenly come up with a Djoum type?

Hearts came out saying we felt his counter offer was “unrealistic” which is a polite way of saying his agent has asked for too much money. We are not going to pay Andy Irving £3-4-5k a week simple as that, because a couple of good games vs Raith doesn’t get you that and it doesn’t get you a move to Inter Milan either. It’s not “suddenly coming up with a Djoum type” I just named Djoum as an indicator of the quality level which Heart of Midlothian Football Club can attract on our top wages so therefore, if the choice was spend 5k a week on Andy Irving or spend 5k a week on an experienced midfielder from the transfer market?  Savage I can tell you will have a lovely list of names for that type of money. 

21 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Irving has had like what 8-10 good games in his hearts career and people are wanting us to offer him thousands 😂

Im feeling the same. Ive enjoyed watching parts of his performances but still very mistake prone which im sure he will sort out but that tells hes got lots to learn.Hopefully its with Hearts for the next few years.Hes worth a bit more wages but not worth breaking the bank for

This thread is as silly as it gets.

Grown adults (I assume) squabbling over a contract negotiation none of you know a single thing about.

Those berating the club, and certainly those digging out Andy need to chuffin grow up.

Holding club to ransom, ego, thinks he's better than he is.

Seriously!?

I'll say what I've said all along. He's a top talent with the attitude that sees players do well. I just hope the club offers him the most we genuinely can.

And from his longterm career perspective, anktger year or two with us would surely make sense.

All we can do is wait n see and hope. Name-calling probably won't help I don't reckon...

Just now, Cruyff said:

Hearts want it done because they need to make the call on replacements too. 

Yup. There needs to be a cutoff, especially if any potential replacement might be a pre-contract

Crunch time soon on decision

Just now, TheBigO said:

Yup. There needs to be a cutoff, especially if any potential replacement might be a pre-contract

Crunch time soon on decision

Yeah. We have to plan ahead. I'm sure we'll conclude this very soon. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )