Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

magicjohnston

Same German agency as Marcus godinho, and he's ended up in Germany. So could certainly see him ending up over there by the sounds of it.

Gutted, as massive hearts fan and good player.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

Holyrood_Hearts
33 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Best to continue discussing this here rather than the transfer thread...

So according to one poster we offered Irving a contract on worse terms than he signed as a 17yo which he then rejected. We then made a second offer of the exact same wage as currently (three figures) with no bonuses or incentives and a flat 4.5 year deal.

There’s absolutely no chance that’s true. Everybody can see how good Irving is & I don’t believe for a minute Joe Savage (or whoever is dealing with the contract) would  put that on the table. 

As someone I think alluded to before I think certain people genuinely think they are in the know, and maybe have been in the past. But some of the stuff that is coming out sounds quite ridiculous and also conflicting. Almost as if someone is feeding them different incorrect details to work out who is leaking what...

Not that I know anything either. I suppose we will find out eventually.

Malinga the Swinga
36 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

So according to one poster we offered Irving a contract on worse terms than he signed as a 17yo which he then rejected. We then made a second offer of the exact same wage as currently (three figures) with no bonuses or incentives and a flat 4.5 year deal.

You've forgotten other ITK ( stop laughing) poster who says there was no second offer and Robbie/Hearts are lying when they say there was. 

So many ITK posters yet they all know different stories. The question is what poster to believe. The answer is none of them. 

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, pointon said:

Has he signed for Real Madrid yet 😂

Almost, waiting to see if they will increase offer to 50p a week, copy of Call of Duty, and a scud mag. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You've forgotten other ITK ( stop laughing) poster who says there was no second offer and Robbie/Hearts are lying when they say there was. 

So many ITK posters yet they all know different stories. The question is what poster to believe. The answer is none of them. 

Did Robbie not say we have made him a good offer and waiting for his agent to either accept or come back with an alternative offer. Basically asking what they want. 

7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

To be fair to buzzbomb I’m pretty sure there’s a good chance he knows Irving’s family well so not sure why he’d make anything up

Wouldn’t discount anything although elements of DJs post do seem a bit far fetched.

There’s been a shift in contract policy , so some of it may be true.  Incentives the way forward for the club and bonuses relating to your perceived strengths. ( don’t ask me on the last part 👀😁🤷🏼‍♂️).

2 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Wouldn’t discount anything although elements of DJs post do seem a bit far fetched.

There’s been a shift in contract policy , so some of it may be true.  Incentives the way forward for the club and bonuses relating to your perceived strengths. ( don’t ask me on the last part 👀😁🤷🏼‍♂️).

Yeah, I find the idea of being offered a deal as a teenager on less than your current terms to be too ridiculous. Current terms too sounds laughable, especially for the length of time mentioned. Obviously, stranger things have happened and I'm not for a minute criticising the poster, if nothing else it gives us something to moan about :D The club should be moving to more bonus orientated contracts, but at the same time, effort needs to be made to retain quality players. 

IMO he should be getting terms that put him on a par with players like White, Halliday, Walker. If he's not going for that, then fair enough, we've offered a good deal, otherwise, get the bloody finger out Hearts!!! 

19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Almost, waiting to see if they will increase offer to 50p a week, copy of Call of Duty, and a scud mag. 

😂😂

I apologise guys. I was told from someone who has been spot on so far with Irving that he was signing a new deal. So I posted this last week. 

Tonight he was hesitant and saying he had options abroad. He was unsure and I suppose coupled with today’s news maybe we have moved with his departure in mind. 

What I can say we improved the terms we originally offered him. 

I don’t post much now and I can see why if I keep posting wrong info 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Would we be due compensation?

Yup. If we have offered him an improved deal, we get a training fee. Probably no much though, maybe 100-300k. 

Anyone who believes Irving is being offered less money than he is on now is as big an idiot as those spouting this nonsense. 

If the lad isnt signing its because he  and or his agent believe he can get a better deal elsewhere. 

Good luck to him if thats the case think hes  decent but inconsistent. 

If he signs on again great if not so be it.

Neil Dongcaster
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

That's no even a grand take home pay after tax. 

Depends on pension but I think it’s £1,001 take home.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Depends on pension but I think it’s £1,001 take home.

:lol:

I thought it was about £970 odd take home, I think you'd have to earn £1700 a week to take home £1001 but you could be right on that. 👍

1 hour ago, Alex Kintner said:

Posters were saying similar last time we were in the championship and Jamie Walkers new contract offer was a £20 a week pay rise 😂😂😂😂.

Social media has been extremely detrimental for many people it would seem. 

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yup. If we have offered him an improved deal, we get a training fee. Probably no much though, maybe 100-300k. 

Would cover the fee for the guy we signed from shamrock today

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

I suspect that the only people who will really know what the score is with Irving’s contract are Irving, his agent and who ever is dealing with it at Hearts.  What’s been put about on here is in the main uninformed speculation and in some cases unadulterated piss.

This. 

Malinga the Swinga

If Irving stays, good. If Irving leaves, fair enough. Hearts were here before he signed and will be here after he leaves. 

What were the likes of Walker Nicholson Paterson and Billy King on in the 2014/15 season? Because so far I reckon they’d achieved more in a more competitive championship than Irving. (That’s not to say Irving doesn’t have potential and that we shouldn’t be looking at keeping him.) 

Would hate to see a talent like this wasting away in the English lower leagues or keeping the bench warm at a mid table shower like Killie or St Johnstone.  If he goes, I hope he goes abroad like McDonald and Hickey where his talents will be properly nurtured and developed.  

19 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

If Irving doesn’t want to sign that’s not Hearts fault. I’d rather play players who are 100% committed to hearts.

Don’t think it comes down to commitment if you’ve become a key player and you aren’t offered an improved contract.  He’s got a living to make. 

33 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

If Irving stays, good. If Irving leaves, fair enough. Hearts were here before he signed and will be here after he leaves. 

Pretty much where I am at. Let’s not get too carried away - it’s the championship and he has hardly run games. For every Raith on Tuesday, there was a Raith on Saturday. How does that translate to playing Aberdeen/Rangers/Celtic ...

Also wonder where he fits if we play a 4-4-2 (as Robbie has alluded he wants to in the past)? To play that way, you need an energetic B2B midfielder (Cameron/Hartley) and a sitting midfielder who breaks up play (Salvatori/Brellier). Whilst Irving is a good passer of the ball, he doesn’t have either of the other two attributes we would require.

12 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Don’t think it comes down to commitment if you’ve become a key player and you aren’t offered an improved contract.  He’s got a living to make. 

Is he a key player, yes he’s showing great potential, but having a good 6-7 games doesn’t mean you worth a lot more money.

We signed two players today. That's nice. 

The news I really want to hear though is that Andy Irving has signed a new long term deal with Hearts. I have no inside information on what Irving is looking for, or what Hearts are offering him, but I find it hard to believe that a lad of his age and limited first team experience would be looking for the kind of money that Hearts could not afford to pay. If he is looking to be paid as an important first team player then damn well pay the boy! It would be total false economy not to. Within two or three years this boy is, I believe, going to be worth north of £2million. That is money Hearts are throwing away if they do not sign him to a new contract.

Honestly, I will be pretty angry if we do not get this contract done and Irving walks away into the wide blue yonder in the summer. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The news I really want to hear though is that Andy Irving has signed a new long term deal with Hearts. I have no inside information on what Irving is looking for, or what Hearts are offering him, but I find it hard to believe that a lad of his age and limited first team experience would be looking for the kind of money that Hearts could not afford to pay. If he is looking to be paid as an important first team player then damn well pay the boy! It would be total false economy not to. Within two or three years this boy is, I believe, going to be worth north of £2million. That is money Hearts are throwing away if they do not sign him to a new contract.

Honestly, I will be pretty angry if we do not get this contract done and Irving walks away into the wide blue yonder in the summer. 

Best prepare to get angry then. If he doesn't want to sign, then that's up to him. 

4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Totally agree.

36 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm hoping that Hearts will announce that Irvine has signed a new contract when to coincide with the sale of season tickets for next season. 

On 30/01/2021 at 22:49, otterjohn said:

Im not on the band wagon of how good he is .Now and again he shows promising glimpses but at his age he should be dictating the play far more especially in this league Not enough of his play is having a big enough influence on games and he didn't have a great game today 

Do you watch the work Irving gets through in our midfield because with the likes of Mr Anonymous (Halliday) getting a start young Irving has to do the work of 2 players. 

57 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Pretty much where I am at. Let’s not get too carried away - it’s the championship and he has hardly run games. For every Raith on Tuesday, there was a Raith on Saturday. How does that translate to playing Aberdeen/Rangers/Celtic ...

Also wonder where he fits if we play a 4-4-2 (as Robbie has alluded he wants to in the past)? To play that way, you need an energetic B2B midfielder (Cameron/Hartley) and a sitting midfielder who breaks up play (Salvatori/Brellier). Whilst Irving is a good passer of the ball, he doesn’t have either of the other two attributes we would require.

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Do you watch the work Irving gets through in our midfield because with the likes of Mr Anonymous (Halliday) getting a start young Irving has to do the work of 2 players. 

Its a good point Mitch but against some of the quality we are playing against he should really be controlling the games That may come with age 

43 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Spot on. Hearts need to offer the lad good money for 4:5 years with a clause like Neil McCann signed. 
A high wage with permission to talk to any club that offers , say 2-3 Million pounds. 

alwaysthereinspirit
52 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

How much should Hearts offer him to get this contract done? 

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

How much should Hearts offer him to get this contract done? 

Obviously I can't put an exact number on it without seeing what the other players in the squad are earning.

Broadly speaking, we should be willing to make him one of the highest earners at the club, if that is what it takes to keep hold of him. It is a bad move - and it sends out all the wrong signals - to allow a young homegrown talent like Irving to slip through your fingers when you have wasted so much money in the past few years on older players who frankly were not Hearts class.

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Maybe we take the view that a handful of decent games and one outstanding game against dross opposition doesn’t make you a key player YET.

No question he has great potential and that’s what we’d be signing - potential.

id rather we kept him. If we’ve offered him shite money that’s not good business.

If we’ve offered him good money commensurate with where he is at now, and he’s decided he is leaving anyway, then thanks for 20-30 good passes, a handful of good goals and 1 memorable performance but don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out.

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

If he keeps progressing he will be worth a lot more than 2 million when the likes of Nisbet is getting quoted as 3 million and Porteous 🤣 one million. 

We really should be making a big effort to get him tied up and cash in further down the line. 

48 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Obviously I can't put an exact number on it without seeing what the other players in the squad are earning.

Broadly speaking, we should be willing to make him one of the highest earners at the club, if that is what it takes to keep hold of him. It is a bad move - and it sends out all the wrong signals - to allow a young homegrown talent like Irving to slip through your fingers when you have wasted so much money in the past few years on older players who frankly were not Hearts class.

One of the highest paid players at be club? Seriously?  For a guy who has only played 39 times?

I get there is potential there, but we are in danger of getting carried away about his ceiling. He’s had a couple of games where he’s won MOTM awards, but he’s not been a stand out enough (or proven he can regularly do it over numerous seasons) to deserve being one of our highest paid players.

From another angle, what message does it send to our youth system that if you have 2-3 great games and score a couple that you are all of a sudden deserving of the big bucks?

My suspicion is he’s seen what Hickey has done, and maybe thinks his style is better suited to the continent where you get more time on the ball ...

Edited by jambo mark

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

If he keeps progressing he will be worth a lot more than 2 million when the likes of Nisbet is getting quoted as 3 million and Porteous 🤣 one million. 

We really should be making a big effort to get him tied up and cash in further down the line. 

I agree with you. I was just trying to be a bit conservative with my valuation.

6 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I agree with you. I was just trying to be a bit conservative with my valuation.

👍

13 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

One of the highest paid players at be club? Seriously?  For a guy who has only played 39 times?

I get there is potential there, but we are in danger of getting carried away about his ceiling. He’s had a couple of games where he’s won MOTM awards, but he’s not been a stand out enough (or proven he can regularly do it over numerous seasons) to deserve being one of our highest paid players.

Have we not learnt from our mistakes with big contracts for “potential” these last few years?

If you believe in the ability and potential of the player, and you believe that in the next few years he is going to be worth millions of pounds to the club, then yes. Absolutely. Why would you not?

Obviously you enter into contract negotiations with the intention of getting him to sign for less than that. But if it becomes a situation where we either make him one of the higher earners at the club or we lose him for peanuts in the summer then yes I would pay him. I think the boy's eye for a pass and his ability to play the killer pass is going to make him a valuable commodity.  

Edited by No Idle Talk

Guest ToqueJambo
38 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

From another angle, what message does it send to our youth system that if you have 2-3 great games and score a couple that you are all of a sudden deserving of the big bucks?

My suspicion is he’s seen what Hickey has done, and maybe thinks his style is better suited to the continent where you get more time on the ball ...

I think it could be as simple as keeping his options open, which is his right. So long as he gives his all while our player and we are still a strong option that's fine.

12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I did not say Robbie/Hearts are lying, and never have done! 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )