Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

thought Irvine was great today hardly makes a bad pass also what a goal he doesn't score tap ins   really hope we get him signed up as he is probably the best passer off a ball in the team :rifle: 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving get him signed
6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

thought Irvine was great today hardly makes a bad pass also what a goal he doesn't score tap ins   really hope we get him signed up as he is probably the best passer off a ball in the team :rifle: 

He is our modern day Stevie Fulton, super left peg and sees a pass and a Jambo, please sign here Mr Irving.

Edited by Jamdub

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I will be the pedant.

The boy's surname is Irving.

:facepalm: cheers :rifle:

Need to pay this boy the going rate I’m afraid. At least £2-3k a week. 5 yr deal please. It would cost us a fortune to buy a player like him. Do it Joe 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

He is our modern day Stevie Fulton, super left peg and sees a pass and a Jambo, please sign here Mr Irving.

Gotta love anyone who is compared to Stevie Fulton, he was the most impactful player of that golden era and made the rest of the team tick. A midfielder who bossed the job, on the deck. 

iwasthere1954
2 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Gotta love anyone who is compared to Stevie Fulton, he was the most impactful player of that golden era and made the rest of the team tick. A midfielder who bossed the job, on the deck. 

If he can reach that level that will do for me.

Ok Mr Savage, get the 'Portobello Pirlo' signed asap he is the quality we require when we move up to the SPL.

There will be a lot of debris to shift, but lets concentrate on what we need to keep to move forward.

13 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Need to pay this boy the going rate I’m afraid. At least £2-3k a week. 5 yr deal please. It would cost us a fortune to buy a player like him. Do it Joe 👍🏻

Totally agree. He should be offered a contract in line with being a first choice Hearts CM.

17 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Agree, it will pay dividends, he will get even better.

he still has loads to learn. This shows in spades that he really could be very very special if he keeps focussed and grounded. Another couple of years at hearts would only help him develop and he would be in the window for all to see. Hope he sees sense 

17 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Totally agree. He should be offered a contract in line with being a first choice Hearts CM.

Would go against our low basic policy. 

Pay him what he wants, get a 5 year deal and sell him for £5-7mil in a few years time. Will be the best thing to come out of our academy in a long time.

18Jambo_dave74

Great goal today. 

For me the good thing with Irving is that whilst he is already a good player there is still room for lots of improvement to his game. 

Hopefully we can get a new contract sorted ASAP. 

23 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Would go against our low basic policy. 

I would stick to the new structure with more based on bonuses but would do it close whatever Michael Smith was offered. 

Based on rumours of Hickey's extension offer we seem to have had a policy of offering our good young players far less than their more experienced colleagues.

I would like to see pay based on ability to contribute to the team and sell on value rather than experience.

It's getting to the stage where we need to show him that we're improving, not him. GMS liked what he heard, hopefully Andy does too.

29 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I would stick to the new structure with more based on bonuses but would do it close whatever Michael Smith was offered. 

Based on rumours of Hickey's extension offer we seem to have had a policy of offering our good young players far less than their more experienced colleagues.

I would like to see pay based on ability to contribute to the team and sell on value rather than experience.

Basic must be good to keep players like him. 

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

he still has loads to learn. This shows in spades that he really could be very very special if he keeps focussed and grounded. Another couple of years at hearts would only help him develop and he would be in the window for all to see. Hope he sees sense 

He’s still got a bit to go but he has tons of potential. As good a passer of the ball as we’ve had in ages. He’s a big JT who loves playing for us so hopefully we can get something sorted. 

17 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Set to sign a new deal says Facebook. I hope this Porty Pirlo stuff stops though, he's a defensive mid. Porty Makelele

Except he’s not got a defensive bone in his body. Yet.

6 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Except he’s not got a defensive bone in his body. Yet.

Indeed , puzzled by the rms post . Wtf do people watch/see ?

Maybe its a drugs thing

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Indeed , puzzled by the rms post . Wtf do people watch/see ?

Maybe its a drugs thing

I thought he was a defensive mid. Either way good player. Does the basics well and he has chipped in with some fantastic goals lately 

Pasquale for King

His goal today was reminiscent of another number 19 we used to have. Let’s see more of this. Still got a lot to master but where better to do it and go with our blessing like Gordon did, in fact get him to have a word with him. 

Andy Irving is a class player who, if he develops, will be a top class midfielder. And he loves the Hearts. He's one of ours. One of the best performances I've seen from a Hearts player in the last three years was Andy Irving against Aberdeen. He was phenomenal that day. I think Stendel really believed in him and built his confidence. He's now getting back to that level. We need to try and build a team around this boy because he is exactly what we need.

Gimme an H...

Not that it matters what I think but I'll be absolutely seething if we dick around with his contract offer and lose him for nothing. Most exciting academy product we've seen since Gordon IMO. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
58 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Set to sign a new deal says Facebook. I hope this Porty Pirlo stuff stops though, he's a defensive mid. Porty Makelele

More playmaker than defensive, even if he sits deep. His passing is his strength.

Needs a run in the team as a starter  week in week out for the rest of the season . He can be a star for us if he keeps progressing 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Basic must be good to keep players like him. 

Of course and our new bonus structure is similar to the vast majority of clubs. We were the odd ones out not having a bonus system previously.

My initial point was simply that he should be offered a new deal in line with what other starting XI players will be getting offered by us regardless of experience.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Most definitely not a defensive midfielder. 

I'm sure we will be doing everything in our power to keep him.

Moving Lee on will release a wage and hopefully allow us to make him a decent offer.

Would like to think we can also find money for a new deal for Cochrane. Another player who can see a forward pass.

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Heard one rumour that the first contract offer was rejected. 

More than likely

Nobody accepts the first offer in business, do they? 

20 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Of course and our new bonus structure is similar to the vast majority of clubs. We were the odd ones out not having a bonus system previously.

My initial point was simply that he should be offered a new deal in line with what other starting XI players will be getting offered by us regardless of experience.

Changes what Anne wanted at the beginning of the season. 

6 hours ago, Deodato said:

Ah Baggio... Underrated imo. Had his name on my top when I was young (probably the only Jambo who did) EEN done a piece on 5 Hearts goals to rival Shanklands 50 yarder. Was irked that Stevie's volley v Aberdeen wasn't included

Edited by WDJ87

pettigrewsstylist

Liked the way he stood up to Adam and got under his skin. Booked and hooked, thats a Tech. KO in my book.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )