JC7. The legend!

copa-mundial

Skippy Doodle
19 hours ago, been here before said:

Goal v Motherwell was something else. We had a great view fron the Shed. A special goal from a special player.

Got booted inside out and upside down most weeks but just got up and on with it again.

Best player Ive ever seen im a maroon jersey.

Im not usuall one for pofcasts or whatever theyre called but there was one on here recently by, I think, Amaruso Lets It Run which is a fantastic indepth interview with Colquhoun.

As the screachy lassie in the Shed used to ear peircingly wail  "Cum oan J.C".

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I think that's why he seems to be universally loved by all Hearts fans who were privileged enough to witness him in action.

Always gave 100%, rarely had a poor game, could create and score goals and was so exciting to watch.  Also, no matter how much punishment he took back in the days when football was still a contact sport, he always seemed to bounce back, rarely missed a game through injury.

Compare that to the typical modern day player, who'd never be out of the treatment room after taking some of the punishment that JC did.

Absolutely.  Kicked to bits in almost every game, but kept going, and always made himself available next game. 

Always gave 100%.   I am afraid, there has been few players in recent seasons who are even fit to lace his boots. 

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

I didn’t think I needed to name names in my ‘Terrible Trio’ comment above.

I was, of course, referring to JC, Robbo and big Sandy.

Sorry mate I must’ve missed it through my tired eyes 🙈

broken rib or two stopping me sleeping , bloody tired 😡😡

6 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Sorry mate I must’ve missed it through my tired eyes 🙈

broken rib or two stopping me sleeping , bloody tired 😡😡

No no, nothing to apologise for.  👍

I was just referencing your mention of Sandy Clark.  I hadn’t named my ‘modern terrible trio’ but wanted to let you know that I agreed with you that SC deserved a mention.

To me, the new TT was Robbo, JC and Sandy.

Sorry to hear about your ribs, bloody sore thing that.

Have a beer or three and a good sleep, R.

Take care.

Apologies. I somehow managed to miss out Sandy Clark, when jotting down our frontline of the time. 

Of course he was an integral part of that, and what he done for Robbo. 

It's been good to read others views on JC. All positive as well. Not often that happens. Can only be a few players in recent history that we all agree to say "what a player!"

therefsajambo

The width of the post from putting us thro against Bayern Munich. Great guy who always ran to the Stirling Hearts boys when he scored 

Remember a midweek game at Motherwell where Him, Robbo and Crabbe just destroyed them.

The full package. Strong, brave, skilful and a grafter. 
Man loved him