Kickback is here for you Robbo, Stay strong 💪 we will all get through this.

Bongo 1874

best in the land

The situation is pretty bad, and more people struggling with mental health than ever. 

Got to admit being a sufferer for years now, the past year has been the hardest yet. 

Hopefully robbo and everyone else gets through this and we don't have to wait too long for things to get better. 

5 minutes ago, best in the land said:

The situation is pretty bad, and more people struggling with mental health than ever. 

Got to admit being a sufferer for years now, the past year has been the hardest yet. 

Hopefully robbo and everyone else gets through this and we don't have to wait too long for things to get better. 

Hope you’re doing okay 👍 

absolutely adore robbo so was sad to read he’s been struggling.

good on him for talking publicly about it though and hopefully he’ll be fine 

all the best to everyone who is finding things tough 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Surely the most depressing year for everyone. 

I think it would be abnormal not to have suffered. 

Light at the end of the tunnel,  hang tough people :)

All the very best to Robbo, obviously.       I think the normal pressures of being a pro football manager (just trying to avoid the sack basically) must be hugely amplified in the current situation,  with the worry that players & staff are going to let their guard down and bring the virus into your club.    Plus the stop/start nature of fixtures at the moment.    Plus whatever worries and pressures you have in your private life.   

Time very soon for governments to show a way out of this situation and not constantly have people chanting it will last for years etc. If the vaccines don't work very serious questions need to be asked  about all the the national  governments of the UK.

Mental health deterioration  and a failure to treat 100 000 on Uk waiting lists is a shocker.

Bloody hell, you gave me a fright there! Not to make light of the problems wee Robbo is having, but I thought for one dreadful moment when I saw the thread title that there might be something really seriously wrong with him(cancer or something). Thank God it's nothing like that!

It's sad to hear the wee man is struggling so much but even goalscoring gods are human beings at the end of the day and these are really difficult times we are all living through. I hope he gets to see his kids and granddaughter soon, I'm sure that would make his heart feel a lot lighter.

You'll probably never read this Robbo, but on the off chance that you do, remember how loved and revered you are by Hearts supporters all over the world. You were my hero as a wee laddie and nearly 40 years later you are still my favourite ever Hearts player. There will never be another you. We're all behind you and all pulling for you, John. Stick in there.

It’s awful. I get low sometimes through this as most of us do. With all his added responsibilities it must be so hard. Stay strong wee man ♥️♥️♥️

John Robertson has been involved with football all his adult 

life ,after today’s interview I personally think now is the time 

to take a well deserved break and enjoy some time to yourself 

All roads lead to Gorgie

We are all behind Robbo and fully understand how he is feeling, just keep strong wee man and remember it takes true strength to let your feelings be known.

My absolute Hearts hero.  (I love Drew Busby too!).

Robbo was in attendance at my mum’s 70th birthday night out.  He bought her Mumm Champagne, he wore her specs!

I can’t get enough of the wee fellow, to be honest.

Chin up, John.

Love you, wee guy.

Toxteth O'Grady

Huge Jambo hugs to Robbo - no other player has sent me home with that great felling. Stay strong wee man and well done for expressing your feelings. 

I was fortunate to witness Robbo's Hearts career from start to finish. I wish you all the very best and hope you get the support you deserve to get through these difficult times.

best in the land
4 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

robbo best hearts player ever and I hope you get some help best wishes mate :rifle:

Getting there thanks, hearts are at least a bit of a distraction, not much else at the moment👍

Not easy to talk about so well done robbo bringing it up on camera, there will be others in the same boat. Keep going robbo you'll get there. ❤️

jimmy the jambo

I hope Ann Budge can reach out to Robbo & the ICT board to offer our support.

If that means hiring councillors and specific help,Surely that’s the least the club and directors can do for one of our all time greats. 

I hope the wee man can pull through this and be back to his best sooner rather than later? 

Thinking of you John. Everyone is suffering as a result of this. Keep your chin up we will get through this. Remember you're not alone.

My hero as a kid. It's a very difficult time no doubt. The Hearts family are here John, and that goes for anyone struggling or just need a bit of help

Kidd’s Boots

As sad as it is to read of Robbo's struggles, it's great to see his openness and honesty over this. He's not the only one in that situation reading his comments and hopefully it will encourage others to seek shelter from their storms. This is an illness of the strong, who find difficulties in being strong for themselves and other around them, keep safe and get strong again Robbo.

I’ve generally been fine mentally during lockdown. I’m not an overly outdoorsy type and I’ve found things to do. A routine that keeps me stable. Even then there are some days you just sit and stare into space with absolutely no motivation to do anything. Thankfully for me those days have been few and far between.

My wife, on the other hand, has really struggled since the second lockdown. We’ve lost so many holidays. She can’t see her pals (ladies wot lunch) or her mum and dad. She can’t stroll round the shops. We can’t go out for dinner or to the pub for an hour. All the everyday stuff you think isn’t that important is hitting her quite hard.

It effects different folk in different ways. Someone mentally strong like you’d think Robbo is. Take away their social life and a lot of their escape stuff for a long period and life becomes a real grind and very hard to cope with for some folk.

Thoughts with Robbo and anyone else that’s struggling 

I have suffered myself since 2001, when I had a complete breakdown.  Couple of episodes since and "black dog" days.  At my age (73) and having had (they suspect - too early for them to have done tests to make sure apparently???) Covid back last February and now suffering extreme exhaustion and looking after my wife who has very serious health problems; there have been real struggles through this last year mentally as well as physically, and my heart goes out to Robbo, and everyone else who suffers.  I am in a different position from many/most in that I have that personal faith with Jesus, and it's as real as any human relationship - more real.  There is peace that passes all understanding in the very midst of the pain of it all.

Jesus' words, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest," are real in my experience.  He has chosen not to lift me out of it but to be with me through it,  TBH there are times when you feel that you have come to the end of yourself, really "black" times but that's when the "light" shines the brightest.

Some of you will get pissed off with me saying this but that's your problem,  The fact is, and I am far from the only one, it's real.

So typical of Robbo to speak out openly and honestly on this issue. I hope he is able to keep going as ICT manager and fulfils the potential of the team he is building there.

7 hours ago, jamboozy said:

If you want a blether wee man , come on to kickback and feel the love and get virtual cuddles fae us arseholes 

We can even discuss again the relative merits (or otherwise) of mayonnaise on bacon rolls!   :icon14:   :robboyas:

All the best John.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

wattie exploited
13 hours ago, best in the land said:

Getting there thanks, hearts are at least a bit of a distraction, not much else at the moment👍

Not easy to talk about so well done robbo bringing it up on camera, there will be others in the same boat. Keep going robbo you'll get there. ❤️

there is not enough help for mental health in Scotland there are a lot of people who have killed them self because they couldn't get the proper help  :rifle:

Great post.  I was really concerned listening to the wee man getting interviewed last night.  It's OK to not be OK especially during these times.  

Hey wee man.  You know there is all the time in the day for you here!

I supported you all through that glorious career.  It's not going to stop now.

Pop in any time you want.  Virtual Legend Hugs from everyone!!

You might even help us chase a few Hobos away😍

Robbo!

I was in tears when you lifted the Big Cup in 1998 at Darkheid.

You are OUR LEGEND .

WE WILL ALL SUPPORT YOU THROUGH YOUR TOUGHEST TIMES.

I SAY THIS ON BEHALF OF ALL JAMBOS!!!!

best in the land
7 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

there is not enough help for mental health in Scotland there are a lot of people who have killed them self because they couldn't get the proper help  :rifle:

Definitely not enough 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Big love Robbo you've got all the jambos in scotland who will hapilly speak to you if you want a chinwag. 

Edited by Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Idolised Robbo as a wee boy and still love him. Was in total awe of him when he gave out our medals at Edina Hobos under 11's (can't believe it's 38yrs ago)

I feel the words Hearts Legend can be used loosely sometimes. This guy is a proper JAMBO LEGEND.

Says it all about the man when he serves tea and coffees to fans waiting outside Tynecastle. Very humble guy.

Stay strong Robbo. The Hearts family are here for you 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Best wishes Robbo, I hope those close will keep talking and together get through this pandemic.

worth remembering we can all make a difference to others simply applying some morals to making decisions in your life that doesn’t have a negative impact on others. Look out for everyone you have contact with each day. Keep smiling Jambos.