Raith outbreak

Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

There has been a procession of stupid decisions made by the SPFL and the SFA throughout this saga. Time the clubs grew a set and sacked Doncaster.

Agreed , its been shambles after shambles for years but the last 10months has been beyond belief. The lack of accountability is astounding for a man/association who are supposed to represent their members.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Agreed , its been shambles after shambles for years but the last 10months has been beyond belief. The lack of accountability is astounding for a man/association who are supposed to represent their members.

It tells you so much about the people in charge of most of the clubs that Doncaster is still in post. 

Just now, Deevers said:

It tells you so much about the people in charge of most of the clubs that Doncaster is still in post. 

Indeed , I love the fact we as a club not only challenged them to an extent but also considered resigning and looked at other options to see if they were viable before remaining where we are for now as there isnt that viable option.

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Indeed , I love the fact we as a club not only challenged them to an extent but also considered resigning and looked at other options to see if they were viable before remaining where we are for now as there isnt that viable option.

If there is any attempt to null and void the season I’m sure that will spark outrage by most. The whole system needs scrapped and two fully professional full time divisions put into place. The rest can continue in as the have, but the criteria for joining in must be full time and having the infrastructure in place. Totally fed up of the game here  being held up by minnows with no ambition. The fact that people like Mulraney are in post tells you all you need to know.  If Celtic don’t like that they can go and play in their spiritual home.

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

I normally like your posts SRB, but you're talking out your arse on this one.  There's already a lot of animosity around as far as football is concerned.  To do this would just crank the ill feeling up several notches - and rightly so.  The vaccine supply is strictly controlled and the roll out plan has been carefully drawn up.  You can't just butt in with buying a  whole lot of the stuff privately thus denying other people.

According to the tinternet, there are nearly 600,000 High Net Worth individuals in the UK. Imagine opening up vaccines for private sale...you would have investment bankers elbowing nurses out of the way to get to it first.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

I Agree, but vaccinating professional sports folk privately, one they are paying for does not delay the roll out or put more folk at risk. 

PR wise, right now it's dicey. 

But it could be argued that keeping professional sports going helps folks mental health across the country, especially during Lockdown. 

Also if paid for, they free up NHS resources, money and time. 

I am not suggesting that professional sports folk take priority in NHS waiting lists. 

IMO Worth exploring at least, but Likley a bit too early. 

Out the box thinking, nothing ventured, nothing gained, no idea is a bad idea n' all that. 👍

For you, maybe. I am not sure how a footballer paying would open up NHS resources as i would imagine a young, fit, athlete demands very little NHS resourse as it stands.

You would also need to open it up to every other sport, the people who run gyms and leisure centres, musicians etc

For me, opening schools is the Big Thing and i would be getting teachers vaccinated way before any footballer.

55 minutes ago, sadj said:

Has to get to that point quite quickly surely , so many games are already outstanding before you add in L1 and L2 and the Scottish Cup games being shelved for a few weeks. They said at the start of the season there was not much wiggle room for rearranged fixtures and we are already starting to see a backlog. Was stupid starting the lower leagues in October. 

Outside of the Prem , I don't see why. There's no reason not to extend the season for as long as it takes : Hearts apart , there's no risk of international call ups (and if there is, tough) and no likelihood of clubs in lower leagues being involved in any early European qualifiers. The season can be extended for most divisions.

As for the Prem : we were told last year that it could not be null&voided because that would mean "it was as though the season had never happened" : the consequences of which was TV money might have to be repaid, clubs would be open to legal action from ST monies paid out (and presumably individual club sponsors  too). I don't see why this season would be any different , so I see no prospect of N&V this season either. The prem can be called at any time IMO : they've already set their own precedent last year. In addition, as with last season, there is a runaway winner of the Prem title : Rangers conceded that last year and Celtic will just have to do likewise this year. 

Edit : ND said last season that there was a uniquely Scottish problem in that the season can't be extended because player contracts (at a lot of lower clubs) end at a particular time. Well he can't say the clubs haven;t had the opportunity to think bout that for this season. If players want to exercise their right to move then clubs will just have to deal with that. They've had nearly a year to think about it. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

“Stage managed”? 🤔

Almost type disclaimer. Rather neat though 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As much as the flak heads Doncasters way, he is absolutely correct. 

339k a year is basically for taking the flak.

He is merely a slave to what the clubs vote for.

Which is why the salary is ludicrous,  especially when it is really a salesperson that is required and not a bureaucrat. His secretary can and does just as easily take the Celtic Boaby. 

Doncaster is not the problem,  it's those who keep him in place. We lost that vote as well 

15 hours ago, BervieJambo said:

So if the last day of their 10 day isolation means they can’t play on the Saturday, they should move the Tynie match to Sunday and the midweek one to Wednesday.

We could switch it to the Monday. That seems to be allowed if the home team fancy a wee change of date.

Could maybe fit in a wee holiday first as well, win win.

4 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Anyway, do we know how many Raith players are affected by this - how many have the virus and how many are self isolating because of close contact?  Surely if the rules and instructions have been breached we should be being awarded the games. 

In argument about private vaccines, the significant update in the Courier piece seems to have been missed.

Raith saying that they expect both Hearts games to be played. Some of the players isolating were already isolating before this week's tests, so they expect to be be able to field a team next week. Quotes from Raith Director Bill Clark:

Raith are scheduled to face Hearts at Tynecastle a week on Saturday, followed by the visit of the Jambos the following Tuesday in a rescheduled encounter.

Clark is confident Rovers will be able to fulfil those fixtures.

He added: “We’ve got a game against Hearts at Tynecastle on Saturday and then against Hearts at home the following Tuesday.

“But after this Saturday we have players coming back, because it’s not just the players who were tested on Tuesday, we had a number of players who were self-isolating prior to that, partly because it was in their families and their households.

“They will come back so we should have enough players for next Saturday and the Tuesday. It’s just this one game that would be affected.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1889209/raith-rovers-covid-19-outbreak-inverness-spfl/

So looks like it is game on for us, which is good news. Obviously, things might get worse for Raith between now and next Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

In argument about private vaccines, the significant update in the Courier piece seems to have been missed.

Raith saying that they expect both Hearts games to be played. Some of the players isolating were already isolating before this week's tests, so they expect to be be able to field a team next week. Quotes from Raith Director Bill Clark:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/1889209/raith-rovers-covid-19-outbreak-inverness-spfl/

So looks like it is game on for us, which is good news. Obviously, things might get worse for Raith between now and next Saturday.

We’ll just have to wait and see now. After the carry on in the summer and their part in it and their  chairman's comments I wish them nothing but the very worst.

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I hope we seek assurances from Raith, that all players, coaches, and staff in attendance are clear, if our game(s) remain on. 

All over BBC gossip that Doncaster is laying the ground for a null & void, saying it is not to be ruled out... He really is just a toothless Celtic Yes man. Surely someone could do that job for £50k?

8 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

All over BBC gossip that Doncaster is laying the ground for a null & void, saying it is not to be ruled out... He really is just a toothless Celtic Yes man. Surely someone could do that job for £50k?

I've not read the Q&A with Jackson, but a lot of it appears from comments on social media is just DR clickbait.

I believe he's said it's a members call but there may be consequences to the members.

The real issue is that he withheld commercial impacts last season of any early finish.

Edited by DETTY29

kingantti1874

The season won’t be N&V unless the government insist on it.. which they won’t, Becuase numbers are going down.. teams won’t volunteer to pay back money. 

14 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I've not read the Q&A with Jackson, but a lot of it appears from comments on social media is just DR clickbait.

I believe he's said it's a members call but there may be consequences to the members.

The real issue is that he withheld commercial impacts last season of any early finish.

The worrying thing is that there is nothing to stop Celtic behaving recklessly to force a null & void and this toothless tiger Doncaster has no appetite for any sort of action that he cannot cover his backside with a rule...The SPFL failed to put rules & sanctions in place for this season and so Aberdeen & Celtic got off scot-free for their players stupidity. This is now the basis for Motherwell and Kilmarnock appealing their later punishments. Celtic then did the most stupid thing they could possibly have done within the rules and again there is not even a peep of criticism or warning, just platitudes and slaps on the back for their false contrition... Scottish football is like the Wild West with Doncaster sitting there saying "anything goes unless there is a rule covering it" 

Meanwhile the old men at the SFA are all hunkered down, doing nothing, awaiting their vaccine shots...

Edited by Spellczech

iwasthere1954
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Can be paid for privately. 

That's going to go down well in the community. Every one could have that approach. Outcome chaos.

2 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

That's going to go down well in the community. Every one could have that approach. Outcome chaos.

Won't happen. Would be a PR disaster for clubs or football generally. I think only Celtic would have the money and the brassneck to go to the UAE to get their players vaccinated, but even they would do it on the quiet. Let's see if they go again within the next 10 weeks? 😈😈

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The season won’t be N&V unless the government insist on it.. which they won’t, Becuase numbers are going down.. teams won’t volunteer to pay back money. 

Correct 

Doncaster has said himself a thousand times its up to the clubs.

It would be very hard even though I am no doubt he will try to persaude clubs to lose a lot of money. 

6 hours ago, Paolo said:

What team in their right mind will loan Raith players, when they hear the reason for the loans.   And what player would go there (for same reason, not because it is Fife).  

How's Bobby Zamal getting on? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Premier won't be null as others have said,  money to receive rather than pay back,  simply not a realistic option despite it being a paper option 

22 minutes ago, Gone said:

Sky won't be too happy with a null & void

I can’t see why they would be any less happy with null and void against just calling the leagues as they stand. They’ve already made their money from games shown either way. 

loveofthegame

The Premiership is already over half way. Rangers need to play something like 7 games to get to the same number of games that Celtic were handed the league on last year. 4 months to fit in 7 games. It might be a ****show but it'll get over the line one way or another, no matter how hard Celtic might try for N&V.

I'm much less certain on our league. Part time players who often live and train a long way from where they actually play, clubs who are run by diddies who will see the opportunity for N&V as an excuse to keep Hearts in the league when fans can return and recoup some £££... I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I can throw them. We need to just do as best we can to tick off as many games as we can, and stop dropping stupid points to build up such a lead that it becomes nothing other than ludicrous to N&V promotion.

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I can’t see why they would be any less happy with null and void against just calling the leagues as they stand. They’ve already made their money from games shown either way. 

Sky and BBC would be due a refund of about half this year's TV contract if the league was null and voided or called now. The very high voting threshold including needing 8 Championship teams will surely mean there is no chance of that getting sufficient approval.

It would cost the teams even more money and we all know how self interest prevails.

4 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Sky and BBC would be due a refund of about half this year's TV contract if the league was null and voided or called now. The very high voting threshold including needing 8 Championship teams will surely mean there is no chance of that getting sufficient approval.

It would cost the teams even more money and we all know how self interest prevails.

Easier to call the leagues . Will probably have enough support for no promotion no relegation. Stuffed again. 

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Easier to call the leagues . Will probably have enough support for no promotion no relegation. Stuffed again. 

Why would Dunfermline and Dundee vote to call the league this time when it would cost them a lot of money and a decent chance of promotion? They were promised cash for voting last season but it would cost them this time.

Would be amazed if Inverness voted for it either after everything Gardiner said last season.

No chance unless case numbers suddenly escalated out of control making playing impossible which seems very unlikely.

avhudtheteeshirt

Loved Neilson's comments to players to make sure were top of the league from now on, just in case they pull the plug!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Without live sport they lost subscriptions and had to hand back money themselves last spring 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Glass half full guy huh?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Everyone back on furlough. Saves money, saves lives guy.

Agree on the saves lives, unfortunately money bit not same for everyone. Lives definitely most important for a good few weeks yet 

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree on the saves lives, unfortunately money bit not same for everyone. Lives definitely most important for a good few weeks yet  

Perhaps a few years! Doncaster clearly has an agenda agaist HMFC to please his Septic contoller.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

They won't be able to justify no promotion or relegation given the arguments they made in favour of that last time. We're only 7 games away from reaching the 75% games played in the Premiership point at which the league was called last time to most clubs agreement.

Even if football is paused, they will be able to find time to at least get to the 75% mark in the Premiership and the Championship with testing in place (now that money has been provided by the gov to do testing in the Championship). That's why Neilson is right and we have to stay top.

If the SPFL propose null and void or no promotion/relegation this time the shit really will hit the fan given their on-the-record comments from last spring/summer. Why for example would we be faced with massive TV deal repayments if null and void last season but not this season? And why would it be OK to award teams Euro spots based on null and void this season but not last season?

Edited by ToqueJambo

31 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They won't be able to justify no promotion or relegation given the arguments they made in favour of that last time. We're only 7 games away from reaching the 75% games played in the Premiership point at which the league was called last time to most clubs agreement.

Even if football is paused, they will be able to find time to at least get to the 75% mark in the Premiership and the Championship with testing in place (now that money has been provided by the gov to do testing in the Championship). That's why Neilson is right and we have to stay top.

If the SPFL propose null and void or no promotion/relegation this time the shit really will hit the fan given their on-the-record comments from last spring/summer. Why for example would we be faced with massive TV deal repayments if null and void last season but not this season? And why would it be OK to award teams Euro spots based on null and void this season but not last season?

Because they can do anything that suits them.

Fozzyonthefence
35 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We had massive tv deal repayments last season anyway and it wasn’t null and void.  I suspect Doncaster realises he won’t get away with the same scaremongering and lies this time about null and void. 

Also, the Dutch league was null and void last season but Ajax still took their place in the Champions League.   Anyone know if the Dutch teams were worse off re tv repayments, etc as a result of null and void rather than called early like the SPL?

7 hours ago, Rods said:

Doncaster has said himself a thousand times its up to the clubs.

Then he's blethering shite. It certainly wasn't the clubs who brought leagues 1 and 2 to a halt with next to no notice.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

The Premiership is already over half way. Rangers need to play something like 7 games to get to the same number of games that Celtic were handed the league on last year. 4 months to fit in 7 games. It might be a ****show but it'll get over the line one way or another, no matter how hard Celtic might try for N&V.

I'm much less certain on our league. Part time players who often live and train a long way from where they actually play, clubs who are run by diddies who will see the opportunity for N&V as an excuse to keep Hearts in the league when fans can return and recoup some £££... I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I can throw them. We need to just do as best we can to tick off as many games as we can, and stop dropping stupid points to build up such a lead that it becomes nothing other than ludicrous to N&V promotion.

We only need 10 more games to get to that point as well. Anyhow, most Championship clubs are FT and every Champ club has received 500 grand cash to test and get through the season (on top of the 50 grand that was supposed to be for testing). There will be no justification for not at least getting to the "75% of games played" mark and ending the league then if needed with titles, promotion, relegation, etc seeing as the precedent for doing that was set last season. We will no doubt support reconstruction again, but it will be for someone else to lead it this time. It would just be typical Hearts though that we are second on GD when the league is called 🤣

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Then he's blethering shite. It certainly wasn't the clubs who brought leagues 1 and 2 to a halt with next to no notice.

Or forced Hearts to stop training.

What he of course means is if it's anything that involves the "elite teams" specifically Celtic and Rangers, it's "the clubs that decide."

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or forced Hearts to stop training.

What he of course means is if it's anything that involves the "elite teams" specifically Celtic and Rangers, it's "the clubs that decide."

The prick just hides behind that shite when it suits him. Am I right in thinking he's ****ing off to UEFA or FIFA or somewhere?

12 minutes ago, Boof said:

The prick just hides behind that shite when it suits him. Am I right in thinking he's ****ing off to UEFA or FIFA or somewhere?

It’s an additional role. Unfortunately he isn’t going anywhere of his own accord. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It’s an additional role. Unfortunately he isn’t going anywhere of his own accord. 

Additional? Additional to sitting on his lardy hurdies waiting for Lawwell to pull his strings?

Waste.

Of.

Space.

1 minute ago, Boof said:

Additional? Additional to sitting on his lardy hurdies waiting for Lawwell to pull his strings?

Waste.

Of.

Space.

Yep. Fat useless twat. 

south morocco

Surely Doncaster and his acolytes will be facing a no confidence vote in the not too distant future. We can’t go on line this...

12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

According to the tinternet, there are nearly 600,000 High Net Worth individuals in the UK. Imagine opening up vaccines for private sale...you would have investment bankers elbowing nurses out of the way to get to it first.

For you, maybe. I am not sure how a footballer paying would open up NHS resources as i would imagine a young, fit, athlete demands very little NHS resourse as it stands.

You would also need to open it up to every other sport, the people who run gyms and leisure centres, musicians etc

For me, opening schools is the Big Thing and i would be getting teachers vaccinated way before any footballer.

Agree entirely.