• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the last day of their 10 day isolation means they can’t play on the Saturday, they should move the Tynie match to Sunday and the midweek one to Wednesday.

3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Quelle surprise.

Look what happens when teams start testing.

Entirely predictable - Raith play who they can or 3-0 forfeit.

Yep.   Which implies that teams may have recently used some players who had the virus (therefore  infectious to others) but didn't have any symptoms.    Another masterful decision  by  Doncaster and his JRG erses.      :facepalm:

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think you are right. Well in terms of the full stadium being open. 

Whilst everything is a mess the SPFL/SFA should be drawing up and implementing plans for the future but they won’t be.

I still can’t believe that w@nk at Aberdeen said we shouldn’t be implementing change at a time like this - this is exactly the time you should be implementing positive and forward thinking change. 

The games a bogey till its wholesale revamped.

Imagine getting to the last game of the season and it's coming down to goal difference, a game is called off and the 3-0 scoreline has an effect on the outcome of the league. 😲

We want all games to go ahead if possible. We don’t want any teams, especially ICT getting 3-0 wins as I fully expect them to be in the top 2/3 at the end of the season. 
Forfeit would be last resort hopefully. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, BervieJambo said:

So if the last day of their 10 day isolation means they can’t play on the Saturday, they should move the Tynie match to Sunday and the midweek one to Wednesday.

Good idea.

After all clubs have to stick together and make sure that no one is unfairly disadvantaged because of the current situation 

5 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

We want all games to go ahead if possible. We don’t want any teams, especially ICT getting 3-0 wins as I fully expect them to be in the top 2/3 at the end of the season. 
Forfeit would be last resort hopefully. 

There needs to be an incentive to follow all the Covid rules though. 

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep.   Which implies that teams may have recently used some players who had the virus (therefore  infectious to others) but didn't have any symptoms.    Another masterful decision  by  Doncaster and his JRG erses.      :facepalm:

I said something similar a couple months ago, it looked like the way it was set up the championship and lower league were designed to fail, just a shambles from top to bottom

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Going to be another summer of love,  unless vaccine starts to win out in March. 

But I think it will, almost stage managed to an exact year from initial lockdown 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Going to be another summer of love,  unless vaccine starts to win out in March. 

But I think it will, almost stage managed to an exact year from initial lockdown 

“Stage managed”? 🤔

What team in their right mind will loan Raith players, when they hear the reason for the loans.   And what player would go there (for same reason, not because it is Fife).  

6 hours ago, Boof said:

There's 2 divisions worth of emergency loan players kicking their heels...

That is actually an excellent point. 

Can the league propose a maximum of 3 loan players per club from the lower divisions to bolster squad sizes for the Championship and even SPL?

Safety first of course.... but I would rather play out two eye bleeding 1-0 win's as it would would burn up some time during this lockdown period. 

so board! 

Bazzas right boot

Why don't clubs just pay for players to have the vaccine? 

Could even pause for say 2-4 weeks to allow for this. 

Testing every week, nah just get all players in championship and above vaccinated. 

Players who don't want vaccinated continue testing but it will be a small % compared to the numbers currently. 

Get the players vaccinated, job done. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Testing every week, nah just get all players in championship and above vaccinated. 

Players who don't want vaccinated continue testing but it will be a small % compared to the numbers currently. 

I think you are over estimating the place of football in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of people with a real risk to their lives from this virus well ahead of any young fit footballer in the queue to get vaccinated.

Edited by Deevers

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Buying straight from the likes of AstraZeneca? Or paying the government to get ahead of the queue?

Cruickie's Moustache

Its all fine,  we can rely on the SFA /SPFL to sort this all out. Remember their motto - "Making it up on the hoof since, ehhh - forever"

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Do you have the address of the local vaccine shop? I've get a couple of errands to run today, so may as well get vaccinated when I'm out 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think you are over estimating the place of football in the grand scheme of things. Plenty of people with a real risk to their lives from this virus well ahead of any young fit footballer in the queue to get vaccinated.

Can be paid for privately. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Can be paid for privately. 

I don’t think you will find that this will be getting doled out privately to any great degree just now.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Nobreath said:

It would be a massive PR feckup, so expect Celtic to do it shortly.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/private-club-covid-vaccine-uae-india-b1786829.html

Just away to post that. 

Can go abroad and get it done. 

Be suprised if certain private medical insurers also wouldn't give their clients options. 

7 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Do you have the address of the local vaccine shop? I've get a couple of errands to run today, so may as well get vaccinated when I'm out 

🤣🤣🤣

kingantti1874
28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

because you can’t pay to receive the vaccine earlier. 🤷‍♂️ It would be totally immoral to vaccinate a footballer before someone who really needed it

Edit: should  have read forward.. aside from the point raith don’t have two Bob the second point stands 

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

because you can’t pay to receive the vaccine earlier. 🤷‍♂️ It would be totally immortal to vaccinate a footballer before someone who really needed it

Don't think it would be immoral Tbh. 

Saves the NHS time, resources and money if professional sports folk got it and it was paid for. 

Maybe a bit too early just now, but possibly an option in the near future as it becomes more readily available. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

because you can’t pay to receive the vaccine earlier. 🤷‍♂️ It would be totally immortal to vaccinate a footballer before someone who really needed it

It's a good vaccine but it's not that good :lol: 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Em.....

I don’t think you’ll get ANY football clubs taking that route tbh.

Probably not, but as above, as it roles out, I wouldn't be suprised for it to be offered privately in the near future. 

Maybe too soon yet. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Probably not, but as above, as it roles out, I wouldn't be suprised for it to be offered privately in the near future. 

Maybe too soon yet. 

Far too soon. Far too many people in the “at risk” groups yet to be done before anything like this could even be thought about.

Horatio Caine
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe too soon yet. 

I normally like your posts SRB, but you're talking out your arse on this one.  There's already a lot of animosity around as far as football is concerned.  To do this would just crank the ill feeling up several notches - and rightly so.  The vaccine supply is strictly controlled and the roll out plan has been carefully drawn up.  You can't just butt in with buying a  whole lot of the stuff privately thus denying other people.

Anyway, do we know how many Raith players are affected by this - how many have the virus and how many are self isolating because of close contact?  Surely if the rules and instructions have been breached we should be being awarded the games. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Far too soon. Far too many people in the “at risk” groups yet to be done before anything like this could even be thought about.

I Agree, but vaccinating professional sports folk privately, one they are paying for does not delay the roll out or put more folk at risk. 

PR wise, right now it's dicey. 

But it could be argued that keeping professional sports going helps folks mental health across the country, especially during Lockdown. 

Also if paid for, they free up NHS resources, money and time. 

I am not suggesting that professional sports folk take priority in NHS waiting lists. 

IMO Worth exploring at least, but Likley a bit too early. 

Out the box thinking, nothing ventured, nothing gained, no idea is a bad idea n' all that. 👍

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I normally like your posts SRB, but you're talking out your arse on this one.  There's already a lot of animosity around as far as football is concerned.  To do this would just crank the ill feeling up several notches - and rightly so.  The vaccine supply is strictly controlled and the roll out plan has been carefully drawn up.  You can't just butt in with buying a  whole lot of the stuff privately thus denying other people.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I Agree, but vaccinating professional sports folk privately, one they are paying for does not delay the roll out or put more folk at risk. 

But it could be argued that keeping professional sports going helps folks mental health across the country, especially during Lockdown. 

I am not suggesting that professional sports folk take priority in NHS waiting lists. 

Out the box thinking, nothing ventured, nothing gained, no idea is a bad idea n' all that. 👍

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

What team in their right mind will loan Raith players, when they hear the reason for the loans.   And what player would go there (for same reason, not because it is Fife).  

Celtic obvs , was in their vote for us to get 8.75 titles and if theres issues we will lend you players when needed....

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Everybody and their brother is after these vaccines just now.  I doubt any real amount of any of the vaccines that will be available privately for some time.

I hope Raith forfeit the game, get a 3 nil defeat on the board and suffer but we should realise that nobody is immune from Covid (well you know, unless you have already had the vaccine obviously) and this scale of it could affect Hearts at some point in the future.

Testing will only identify if a player has C19 but what if it's a key player that's been in close proximity to most of the first team squad? They would also need to isolate. I appreciate that our squad is larger and so we could probably still field some sort of team for a game but still, it is concerning.

As soon as Hearts are allowed to buy the vaccine they should make that a priority.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Everybody and their brother is after these vaccines just now.  I doubt any real amount of any of the vaccines that will be available privately for some time.

Yeah, Likley. 

Or it will be available in the US in about 1 month, then us soon after! 

11 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Anyway, do we know how many Raith players are affected by this - how many have the virus and how many are self isolating because of close contact?  Surely if the rules and instructions have been breached we should be being awarded the games. 

Whole team was tested and there is many positive cases including reserves. Impossible to field a team

2 minutes ago, Gone said:

Whole team was tested and there is many positive cases including reserves. Impossible to field a team

They should be forfeiting the games then.

Just now, Deevers said:

They should be forfeiting the games then.

Has to get to that point quite quickly surely , so many games are already outstanding before you add in L1 and L2 and the Scottish Cup games being shelved for a few weeks. They said at the start of the season there was not much wiggle room for rearranged fixtures and we are already starting to see a backlog. Was stupid starting the lower leagues in October. 

Just now, sadj said:

Has to get to that point quite quickly surely , so many games are already outstanding before you add in L1 and L2 and the Scottish Cup games being shelved for a few weeks. They said at the start of the season there was not much wiggle room for rearranged fixtures and we are already starting to see a backlog. Was stupid starting the lower leagues in October. 

There has been a procession of stupid decisions made by the SPFL and the SFA throughout this saga. Time the clubs grew a set and sacked Doncaster.