• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

With an outbreak and request of a postponement I can see this going downward spiral quickly 

Makes you wonder how many players have been infected in our previous games. This could go downhill very fast, but testing is totally necessary.

Wow! Do they have an outbreak? 

so let me get this right... they will want to postpone the game at tyncastle but be ready just in time for the game over there? Lucky I’m not a sceptical person because if I was I’d be calling bullshit on that! 

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Another postponed game.  We'll be playing every 2 days if it goes on like this.

Sorry but field a team or 3 nil win i would take

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Quelle surprise.

Look what happens when teams start testing.

Entirely predictable - Raith play who they can or 3-0 forfeit.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

With an outbreak and request of a postponement I can see this going downward spiral quickly 

Without testing - fubar. 

Clearly teams need too test, the government money, cough, cough? 

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Feck them. Take yer medicine - 3 nil win awarded to Hearts!

We'll have to wait and see the result of this tonight. to see if they have the balls to go awarding 3-0's to everyone, could get interesting.
This won't effect teams like Celtic unfortunately (Liewell will say otherwise), as they have already shown, they had a 2nd team ready to go last weekend.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55610371

6 minutes ago, jim747 said:

We'll have to wait and see the result of this tonight. to see if they have the balls to go awarding 3-0's to everyone, could get interesting.
This won't effect teams like Celtic unfortunately (Liewell will say otherwise), as they have already shown, they had a 2nd team ready to go last weekend.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55610371

Surely the precedent has been set by the SPFL when they ordered Celtic to play Hibs!

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Surely the president has been set by the SPFL when they ordered Celtic to play Hibs!

The precedent has indeed been set.

Div 1 for Hearts next season.

Just now, gedster said:

a week to get some short term emergency loans, how can the game not go ahead?

short term emergency loans you say?

we can give them Damour and frear if they like? can also chuck in Bobby and Popescu if they are really struggling

Squad size of 26.   Have to field 13 or more in match day squad.   So that means there's 14+ out with covid.    That's alot alright!    I am calling bullshit.    Although, most of them might be close contacts. 

Marvelous 👐

It will depend on the numbers who actually have a positive test as well as those who then need to self isolate but do not seemingly have the virus

Even then a secondary test will now follow for those who were given a positive indication (if it has not already been done)

It's difficult to be exact unless you know the dates of the tests and any follow ups but certainly 23rd January looks in doubt

If the issue is that they have lots of positive cases then fair enough allowing a postponement and thankfully it's been identified. It would allow them time to sort and there is little they can do now although it's probably their fault it spread so much.

If there are only 2 or 3 cases but lots need to self isolate because they haven't been following the guidelines that have been in place since the start of the season then they should be made to play or forfeit.

The result of the appeal in the Premiership will have a big impact though.

jamboinglasgow

Seen some reports that it is 6 players positive and 10 isolating. From wikipedia there are 27 first team players, so it all depends if they have any reserves or U18 players. Though if that number is correct you have to imagine that if its (I think) 10 days players isolate, then no way Raith can player on Saturday. Our first game against them would be impossible if the inverness game is postponed (unless they started isolating on Tuesday) the following game can be played but you will have players lacking fitness.

Footballfirst
11 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Squad size of 26.   Have to field 13 or more in match day squad.   So that means there's 14+ out with covid.    That's alot alright!    I am calling bullshit.    Although, most of them might be close contacts. 

Marvelous 👐

If those sort of numbers were the actual figures (even if it was just one positive and the rest in self isolation), then it would suggest that protocols were not followed and there was too much close contact between players, e.g. sharing cars.  Raith don't have the excuse of sharing flights and coaches on an overseas jaunt.

21 minutes ago, gedster said:

a week to get some short term emergency loans, how can the game not go ahead?

I would be interested to see what their attempts to get emergency loans were.

One phone call I bet, Celtic can you help us? No got your own problems, no worries we will go for a postponement

30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Surely the precedent has been set by the SPFL when they ordered Celtic to play Hibs!

I don’t think the SPFL actually did order Celtic to play Hibs.....but they did order Hibs they had to play Celtic.

It's all turned into a bit of a shitshow. I just wanted to see football at Tynie again. In all honesty I can't see that happening in the foreseeable future. Sadly more clubs will have the same problem as raith 

1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Wow! Do they have an outbreak? 

so let me get this right... they will want to postpone the game at tyncastle but be ready just in time for the game over there? Lucky I’m not a sceptical person because if I was I’d be calling bullshit on that! 

27 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Marvelous 👐

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If those sort of numbers were the actual figures (even if it was just one positive and the rest in self isolation), then it would suggest that protocols were not followed and there was too much close contact between players, e.g. sharing cars.  Raith don't have the excuse of sharing flights and coaches on an overseas jaunt.

call me a cynic but it would'nt surprise me if clubs were 'at it' by playing the system, IMO the 1st post I quoted pretty much says it for me

Two 3-0 wins would be fun. 

The Lochend seethe would be a joy to behold. 

I'd rather Hearts played and beat Raith the traditional way but medicine must be taken. It's the Scottish football way.

I recall Albion Rovers needing to have league games cancelled.

Any outcome on reviews to their conduct yet?

Edited by DETTY29

Footballfirst

If Raith is allowed to postpone the ICT game, then Hearts should seek confirmation of the players who are either positive or isolating as contacts to ensure that, if next week's game goes ahead, those players remain unavailable if they are still within their isolation period.

Edit: They should not be allowed to train either during their isolation.

Edited by Footballfirst

I just get a picture of chickens 🐓 heading off to their bo-bo’s 

I don’t want people to be victims of this horrible virus but our senior management could see what was coming at Scottish football like an express train, they didn’t want to listen, all they could see was £ signs in their tiny, short sighted minds. It just makes me sad tbh, Scottish football = amateur hour 🐓

48 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Seen some reports that it is 6 players positive and 10 isolating. From wikipedia there are 27 first team players, so it all depends if they have any reserves or U18 players. Though if that number is correct you have to imagine that if its (I think) 10 days players isolate, then no way Raith can player on Saturday. Our first game against them would be impossible if the inverness game is postponed (unless they started isolating on Tuesday) the following game can be played but you will have players lacking fitness.

If it is true that 10 are isolating as close contacts then they will be lucky to get a postponement. That can only happen if the protocols have been significantly breached and this was the reason the 3-0s were given in the Premiership (pending appeal).

I assume they will need to receive the same outcome as the Premiership clubs which I think is decided tomorrow.

pettigrewsstylist
49 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

It's all turned into a bit of a shitshow. I just wanted to see football at Tynie again. In all honesty I can't see that happening in the foreseeable future. Sadly more clubs will have the same problem as raith 

I doubt we will be in Tynie before 2022.

LarrysRightFoot
8 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I doubt we will be in Tynie before 2022.

I think you are right. Well in terms of the full stadium being open. 

Whilst everything is a mess the SPFL/SFA should be drawing up and implementing plans for the future but they won’t be.

I still can’t believe that w@nk at Aberdeen said we shouldn’t be implementing change at a time like this - this is exactly the time you should be implementing positive and forward thinking change. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Without testing - fubar. 

Clearly teams need too test, the government money, cough, cough? 

Is it not Covid they should be testing for and not Hernias?

I'll get my coat