*** Official Alloa Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ***

Pasquale for King

7 hours ago, lost in space said:

What did you think of first half in final? Players looked scared to get out of the box.

Too often this season we have only played for 45 minutes.

If he signs a decent forward, he will have the players to dominate games.

I will be right behind him if he becomes more offensive.

I don’t think they were scared we were just set up 10 yards too deep to impact in final third. Something that was changed at half time

Agree have had bad 45 mins. But if we play the other 45 mins that says to me they are at least getting a foot up the backside. 

We are scoring enough I don’t think we need to be more offensive just more cutting edge and pace in final third 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

From Alloa, Hearts and these highlights it was a very comfortable win.

Creating proper chances compared to LC game where loads of possession but only a couple of chances.

If we had scored 5 or 6 wouldn't have flattered us.

I think the Alloa red is justified as a second yellow.  No effort to go for ball and no claim he had just lost his bearings.

First half was poor, only had Henderson’s chance apart from the two goals. Second half they pressed higher and we played through them well and created quite a few chances. GMS and Ginnelly helped that, would like to see them on their proper sides though, I’m sure they will swap sides during games when both fully fit. Pitch was hard and fast and actually suited our better players, it’s usually slower irc. 

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

And according to Peter Grant, it was never a 2nd yellow as his guy won the ball and merely headed it into GMS's face  -)))))))))

It’s was close to being a red for  dangerous play, I only realised it was a red when i heard someone shout a name followed by you’ll need to go to left back as the boy eventually trudged off towards the camera. 

On 16/01/2021 at 14:53, jambo3tevie said:

Did you just make that up? or has Robbie told you that "top players are telling him they don’t fancy the pitch and he is weakening the team to accommodate them ?"

Its not the team most of us would have picked thats for sure, but lets not start making up shite because we dont like the man in charge eh.

Apologies Jimmy, i just read an article where Robbie stated that Naisy does not like playing on an artificial surface and was left on the bench and not brought on against Alloa for that reason. I honestly thought Naisy wanted to play every game if fit, and that it was his managers who chose not to play him because of his knee problems in the past. It turns out it is the player who would rather not play on the artificial parks. Sorry again fella

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/steven-naismiths-hearts-absence-explained-19661131

Edited by jambo3tevie

25 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Has the ref blown the final whistle yet?  Almost like we're playing in Glasgow with a one goal lead..............

News just in...we won. 👍

Berra than you

I don't know if it's been mentioned elsewhere but knew there was still some confusion about who gave the shout after Gino's goal. Mark Donaldson confirmed on Scarves around the Funnel that it was Robbie Neilson.