Amazing Flight Footage

All roads lead to Gorgie

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have been passing some time watching flight vids online, sad I know but it reminds me of happier times when we could travel anywhere.

Check this one for great views of the Grand Canyon from about 30 mins and the amazing thunder storm clouds and lightning at 1:40.

Fxxx the SPFL

me and the wife did a helicopter trip down into the grand canyon brilliant best experience ever, we shared the helicopter with a couple from Finland pilot put us in the front on the way down we got the best deal. landed at the bottom and stayed for thirty minutes Colorado River looked small at the top of the canyon but when we landed it was like a raging torrent worth every dollar if you go to Vegas its a must do trip.

57 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

me and the wife did a helicopter trip down into the grand canyon brilliant best experience ever, we shared the helicopter with a couple from Finland pilot put us in the front on the way down we got the best deal. landed at the bottom and stayed for thirty minutes Colorado River looked small at the top of the canyon but when we landed it was like a raging torrent worth every dollar if you go to Vegas its a must do trip.

Also done the helicopter trip over the Grand Canyon,absolutely spectacular,our trip included a boat ride on the Colorado River and The Skywalk.Highly recommend anybody going to Las Vegas should think about booking a trip.

Would love a helicopter trip round the Grand Canyon. Took one round Grand Cayman for our honeymoon and loved it. 

Because I loved the honeymoon trip, my missus got me a wee shot in a helicopter for my birthday a few years ago. I can safely say the 5 minute jaunt from Ingilston to the Gyle and back was less than inspiring. 

Class wee video that. The way it just consumed by darkness shortly after flying over sunny desert is mad!

Love going down a YouTube hole.

We did the Grand Canyon (in Arizona) as part of a road trip*  - but I lost all the pics , so would love to go back.

Flying back from San Francisco to Philly on the flight home  was nothing like that video - the most boring 4-5 hours ever in a plane with nothing but cornfields to look at. 

*Bizarrely, met a Jambo from Ormiston in the middle of nowhere who was looking for directions to Route 66.  He was going to the same place we had just left, in Arizona. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Locky said:

Class wee video that. The way it just consumed by darkness shortly after flying over sunny desert is mad!

Love going down a YouTube hole.

Yes it is quite spooky how quickly the darkness comes in as the plane drops below the setting sun. The footage of the massive thunder cloud is something else though, almost looks like a massive iceberg. 

The middle part of the flight isn't worth watching, not much to see there. :thumbsup:

All roads lead to Gorgie
15 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This is cool. 

Cheers, enjoyed that. The ground staff need a word over the state of the pitch though :thumbsup: