Merchiston Hearts?

jambos are go!

2 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Anyone know if the club is going to reopen and will memberships be renewable?

I sincerely hope so. My covers band did a gig there about this time last year and the staff were great

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, the general said:

Off topic a bit but the space that was Robbos is up for sale again. Also Murrayfield Bar has had a refurb and looks good to go

good news, was robbos not a funeral place surely cant be up for sale given the number of deaths

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

As far as I'm aware the club will be reopening. In terms of the renewal date I've been in touch with them as well, as I become age 65 in 4 weeks time so need to know if I qualify for an OAP membership fee, and if I need to send them evidence, i.e. my birth certificate for example (as I don't expect us to be back in by next month). I've also asked if they do actually plan on requesting renewal fees for the coming 12 months, given we only had access to the club for a few weeks on the present renewal year (I don't mind paying, but it would be good to know what the committee's plans are, given the year just finishing) I've also asked if they will be providing us with bank details to send our renewal amount to, and when I find out I'll let you know.

The MHSC had intended to open on Cup Final day but further COVID restrictions on hospitality knocked that on the head. 

I'm  a member and haven't heard anything about membership / renewals but I'll ask on Twitter. 

portobellojambo1
21 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

good news, was robbos not a funeral place surely cant be up for sale given the number of deaths

It was, but I don't think it was doing a lot of business, and is to return to being a pub as far as I'm aware.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It was, but I don't think it was doing a lot of business, and is to return to being a pub as far as I'm aware.

They must have been dead unlucky.😄

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I remember the puns about it when it changed to a funeral parlour .

Hearse Hearse Glorious Hearse was the winner in my opinion 😂

portobellojambo1
13 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Hi there, the club will be reopening, when it can. I got a reply from them saying they are presently looking at what will happen with subcriptions for this year and will be in touch with members shortly. Sorry can't give you anything more concrete than that at the moment.

11 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I was deliberately avoiding that assumption :)

11 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

One of the guys behind that idea is a well known character ex of here so will be interesting if it happens

2 minutes ago, the general said:

One of the guys behind that idea is a well known character ex of here so will be interesting if it happens

Do you know what type of pub the plan is for?

12 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Do you know what type of pub the plan is for?

Nah its all very vague and pie in the sky at moment unless anyone else has more info?

portobellojambo1
17 minutes ago, the general said:

Initials DO by any chance :)

12 hours ago, iainmac said:

The MHSC had intended to open on Cup Final day but further COVID restrictions on hospitality knocked that on the head. 

I'm  a member and haven't heard anything about membership / renewals but I'll ask on Twitter. 

The reply. 

"Hi, We are looking in to what we are going to do". 

Murrayfield bar is painted out in Hibs green.Can't see it becoming a favourite with the home fans and looks like they may be going for a bistro type pub judging by the look of it.

33 minutes ago, billybalfour said:

Murrayfield bar is painted out in Hibs green.Can't see it becoming a favourite with the home fans and looks like they may be going for a bistro type pub judging by the look of it.

It's Hibs green ok. Inside and outside. I'll stick to the Rosie.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, billybalfour said:

It's actually Heineken green seeing as they own it

4 hours ago, the general said:

Nah its all very vague and pie in the sky at moment unless anyone else has more info?

No more info but they spent a lot of time, and presumably money, completely refurbishing it for the undertakers. Bar obviously stripped out etc so not a quick job to revert back.

20 minutes ago, maroonblood said:

No more info but they spent a lot of time, and presumably money, completely refurbishing it for the undertakers. Bar obviously stripped out etc so not a quick job to revert back.

Totally dependent on football supporters as well. Gorgie isn’t bistro land yet. 

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Good stuff, I'm dieing to get in there for a drink. 

52 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's actually Heineken green seeing as they own it

This is quite easy.

My 2 yo Grandson has been taught that all shades come under "horrible green".

You're welcome! 😀

14 minutes ago, iainmac said:

This is quite easy.

My 2 yo Grandson has been taught that all shades come under "horrible green".

You're welcome! 😀

I always like to read about children being raised properly.  :thumb:

portobellojambo1
On 13/01/2021 at 20:42, jambos are go! said:

Hi there

The club announced this morning that due to the amount of time the club was closed during the renewal period just finishing all subscriptions will remain in place for the 2021 period. Some members have asked about making a donation to help make sure the club's costs are covered during this year and that is something I'll be doing. You can find this information, plus the club's bank details either on Facebook or Twitter.

jambos are go!
41 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Hi there

The club announced this morning that due to the amount of time the club was closed during the renewal period just finishing all subscriptions will remain in place for the 2021 period. Some members have asked about making a donation to help make sure the club's costs are covered during this year and that is something I'll be doing. You can find this information, plus the club's bank details either on Facebook or Twitter.

Thanks. Happy to make a donation of they reopen.

Been a member for 30 odd years.The club needs our support,if you’re a member please pay your annual renewal and if you aren’t please help out if you can afford.

Many thanks.

Fort Vallance
22 hours ago, JamTarts98 said:

Can anyone become a member or do you have to be recommended in from existing members?  

In the words of Groucho Marx(ish) "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would accept me as a member" 

They accepted me so clearly it's not exclusive.

Dougie Masterton
2 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

In the words of Groucho Marx(ish) "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would accept me as a member" 

They accepted me so clearly it's not exclusive.

Pensioners rate for us now. 😂😂

Are there youth teams affiliated with this club, or were there, when I brought a side over that I coached in 1990 we played an U18 Merchiston boys team?

5 minutes ago, gator said:

Are there youth teams affiliated with this club, or were there, when I brought a side over that I coached in 1990 we played an U18 Merchiston boys team?

Maybe North Merchiston Boys Club? Harrison Park, Ardmillan.

1 hour ago, Independence said:

Yes, that was the club, thanks for the prompt response!

5 hours ago, Independence said:

It was North Merchiston I played against when playing for St Bernard's in the 70s

14 hours ago, Independence said:

And ably run by Maggie Waddle in the 70’s - wonderful character.