Scott Robinson

Thomaso

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

International players don't respect the likes of Robbie Neilson.

Just my thoughts. 

Idiot. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Locky said:

Jason Holt and Alan Lithgow doing the business for them too. And they've just signed Gavin Reilly.

A team of Hearts misfits pushing on for top 6.

All far older and  in their peak tho. 

They have all went back a level for a few years then came back up to the level they were originally at. 

Another argument against the academy imo, average youngsters with potential just don't get the chance at a club like us as they aren't good enough on break through as regulars  and our club wants more instant success so signs older , proven players. 

These young guys then drop down a level, mature, develop then rise back up again. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Just my thoughts. 

What's that got to do with Scott Robinson? 

Tokyo Drifter
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

There a player putting in fantastic performances and scoring cracking goals for Livingston called Scott Robinson - is he any relation to the useless wee numpty that played for Hearts? 🤔

Personally I always thought he had potential and I was sad to see him leave. Interestingly, Ross Calachan played well against Livi too.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Locky said:

Jason Holt and Alan Lithgow doing the business for them too. And they've just signed Gavin Reilly.

Airdrie all over again 30 years on

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Airdrie all over again 30 years on

That's a good analogy. We wouldn't have wanted many of those Airdrie players back, and they played eye bleeding football. But they skelped our bums every time it mattered

Damn 'em

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That's a good analogy. We wouldn't have wanted many of those Airdrie players back, and they played eye bleeding football. But they skelped our bums every time it mattered

Damn 'em

Possibly the most chastening experience in all of my years watching Hearts, managed by Doddie too of course, who we thought had run his course with us. 95 semi was even more brutal than 92 in truth, though I think the Hearts contingent was beginning to wane by then if I remember correctly, long time ago now

11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Just my thoughts. 

Should’ve went for Jack Ross eh. How is your hero getting in over the road anyway Greedy?

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Possibly the most chastening experience in all of my years watching Hearts, managed by Doddie too of course, who we thought had run his course with us. 95 semi was even more brutal than 92 in truth, though I think the Hearts contingent was beginning to wane by then if I remember correctly, long time ago now

Yes

I was on a course in Oxford for a semi which went to extra time. Watched it in a pub with some locals. For some reason it was on down south ?maybe early Sky coverage? Tried to interest them in the game beforehand and they were quite up for watching it over a pint. I explained how superior we were  man for man and I expected 3 or 4 -0 After about 40 minutes one of them broke ranks saying "This is sh*t!" I couldn't disagree with any conviction.

They came across for a bit of the extra time

"This is still sh*t!!!!"

Then when we were out they broke into laughter at my face

Not a happy bunny

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Personally I always thought he had potential and I was sad to see him leave. Interestingly, Ross Calachan played well against Livi too.

I mentioned the two of them on the transfer thread, both have clearly improved since leaving, the result of better coaching. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes

I was on a course in Oxford for a semi which went to extra time. Watched it in a pub with some locals. For some reason it was on down south ?maybe early Sky coverage? Tried to interest them in the game beforehand and they were quite up for watching it over a pint. I explained how superior we were  man for man and I expected 3 or 4 -0 After about 40 minutes one of them broke ranks saying "This is sh*t!" I couldn't disagree with any conviction.

"This is still sh*t!!!!"

Not a happy bunny

Replay was played on a wicked night, about 4 degrees, compared to the first game which was akin to summer. Took weeks to get over it, 95 took a year until we beat Sheep in the semi.

Was early Sky you are right. We were frequently on, cup ties aside

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I mentioned the two of them on the transfer thread, both have clearly improved since leaving, the result of better coaching. 

Of course they may have matured more and gained experience.

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Of course they may have matured more and gained experience.

Coached by JJ , Sergio , Neilson , McCulloch ?

Sometimes its down to the player . Often just a case of growing up . Some take longer than others

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not really a matter of opinion tho. 

He either was or was not. 

His bookings and  more importantly his red cards give evidence to his "recklessness". 

With only one red card, it would indicate your opinion is incorrect and the Bob fellow is correct. 

😴😴😴😴😴

5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

He's finally making his mark as a striker, when as somebody said earlier, he always wanted to be a midfielder. He was about the worst passer of a ball I've seen at Tynecastle, his passes sort of bumbled across the grass and rarely found their target. 

Think he was. 

Not so sure about Holt though he always played with his head up, which I liked. The player who's caught my eye most though is 

Ross Callachan. I think he was dumped on the back of one mistake at Motherwell (in a cup game I think). We could have done with him last season ahead of Damour and various other mediocrities. 

Callachan did ok for us. Could've been a useful player who would give his all for the badge being a Jambo. Chipped in with a few goals too IIRC. Defo be an improvement on Damour as you say mate.

12 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Yes

"This is still sh*t!!!!"

Not a happy bunny

It was indeed on Sky. Only about 10 or 11,000 showed up at Humpdump, then far more of a shithole than it is now. I watched it 30 miles away from you in a Swindon pub. They took an early lead with a free kick by Kenny Black! After a dire dour battle, Alan McLaren equalised bang on 90, forcing extra time which I thought we’d cruise. But pens it was 😩

An utterly dire awful spectacle and the 2nd season on the trot Airdrie had put us out the Cup.

Ricardo Quaresma
21 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Crap player who obviously feels more comfortable playing in front of nobody.

:rofl:

Don't hold back 😂

Ricardo Quaresma
21 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Crap player who obviously feels more comfortable playing in front of nobody.

:rofl:

Don't hold back 😂

23 hours ago, Locky said:

Good luck to them.

Weakened Offender
18 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Callachan did ok for us. Could've been a useful player who would give his all for the badge being a Jambo. Chipped in with a few goals too IIRC. Defo be an improvement on Damour as you say mate.

I thought so too. I'd take him back. 

On 11/01/2021 at 01:58, Lovecraft said:

Bang average player playing bang average in bang average league shocker!

Good player playing well for a team with a tiny budget winning regularly in a league we got relegated from last season.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

I thought so too. I'd take him back. 

He had the knack of getting in the box and scoring goals, he had that gift ala Cameron imo.

However, his general all round midfield  play was very poor.

Shame, he 100%  had that awareness of timing his runs into the box .

On 11/01/2021 at 11:08, Smith's right boot said:

It wasn't my stat. 

Recklessness is  different from being a bit shite which results in silly and needless fouls which is what the poster said he was. 

1 red card does not indicate recklessness. 

No arguments from me about him being a bit shit, giving the ball and needless fouls away, but reckless, nah. 

Aye right Tosh - more a case of I say sugar and you’ll say shite!

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He had the knack of getting in the box and scoring goals, he had that gift ala Cameron imo.

However, his general all round midfield  play was very poor.

Shame, he 100%  had that awareness of timing his runs into the box .

92 appearances for Hearts and scored 2 goals - some “knack” that! 😂

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

92 appearances for Hearts and scored 2 goals - some “knack” that! 😂

For us, 23 league matches, 4 goals. 

Don't know, how many starts/ sub appearances. 

Hamilton this season, 18 appearances, 6 goals. 

Sit doon, remove the pants and smile from your face. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Aye right Tosh - more a case of I say sugar and you’ll say shite!

Given your last post about 92 games and 2 goals, only one of us is talking shite. 

givememychoice
On 11/01/2021 at 09:18, Thomaso said:

He snapped into too many tackles which resulted in too many red and yellow cards.

He has had 2 red cards in his competitive career. 1 for us (in a game we won), and one for East fife (which they won courtesy of his goal)