Scott Robinson

Thomaso

There a player putting in fantastic performances and scoring cracking goals for Livingston called Scott Robinson - is he any relation to the useless wee numpty that played for Hearts? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

There a player putting in fantastic performances and scoring cracking goals for Livingston called Scott Robinson - is he any relation to the useless wee numpty that played for Hearts? 🤔

Wee Scotty Rob was guff for us, used to frustrate the life out of me. I didn’t even know he was still playing tbh.

5 minutes ago, smiler said:

Wee Scotty Rob was guff for us, used to frustrate the life out of me. I didn’t even know he was still playing tbh.

Still playing and scoring against Hibs! 😉

7 minutes ago, smiler said:

He was like an even pisher Barry Ferguson.

Maybe but seen a lot worse than him in a Hearts jersey. There's probably worse than him in the current team.

He was just a young lad when he played for us. It didn't work out in the end but he played his part in our cup winning run. He seems to be doing ok for Livi, same with Jason Holt. Both are currently playing at a higher level than Hearts.

Would have been interesting to see what would have happened had we nurtured him as a wee Robbo type rather than mould him into an attacking midfielder 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Knows enough gangland figures to kneecap them if they don't.

Neilson needs to involve himself more in Edinburgh's underworld, imo.

🤣

queensferryjambo

He is playing much further forward at Livingston than he did at Hearts.

He was always ok at Hearts but bear in mind when he played for us we had much better players than him Skacel, Driver etc so he would be getting compared to them.

He might be having a purple patch just now but he effectively failed to make any notable impact at Kilmarnock and Dunfermline and resurrected his career with East Fife before getting the Livingston gig.

6 years experience of playing football since playing for Hearts and he seems to be having a good time of it so good luck to him.  

Tynecastlesmychurch

Went to the same primary school as him. That being said I believe he was in primary 6 when I started primary 1 so safe to say our paths never actually crossed. 

Anyway that’s my contribution to this page. 

Good day gentlemen! 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Or he just has something about him, like Jim Jefferies, Walter Smith, Graeme Souness, or even Tommy Wright. 

Let's face it, Neilson will never get that respect. 

He's more of a lego man. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Yeah. Martindale deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as those...apart from Tommy Wright. 

**** sake. You're dredging the troll barrel, here. :lol:

Names apart, hopefully you get the point. 

Just now, Barack said:

Get back to the Xbox. :lol:

I'm not an RN fan, but I'll back him before some drug dealing scumbag. 

You need to get out more. 

Pasquale for King

Great player, JJ wanted him to play further up the park, Sergio made him vice captain. Glad to see a good Jambo doing well. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

We seem to write off young (and therefore cheap) academy talent far too early as fans - and sometimes as a club....

Did Scott not score a goal at Ibrox playing slightly more advanced? Who was manager then?

RenfrewHearts

Another Sam Nic story this one. Let’s embrace our young talent. There’s no rush in football. Let the current pace of life be a perspective from the prism of football. Same as young Paton at Ross County. Great talents who sadly got overwhelmed by the “bubble” of Scottish Football. 

RenfrewHearts
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We seem to write off young (and therefore cheap) academy talent far too early as fans - and sometimes as a club....

Did Scott not score a goal at Ibrox playing slightly more advanced? Who was manager then?

The real academy issues in a nutshell. The mental aspect of Scottish Football or top level Sport in general is being played out in the current climate. Time to immerse a new football culture from the ashes of every clubs bank balance and see the bigger picture. 

RenfrewHearts
Just now, RenfrewHearts said:

The real academy issues in a nutshell. The mental aspect of Scottish Football or top level Sport in general is being played out in the current climate. Time to immerse a new football culture from the ashes of every clubs bank balance and see the bigger picture. 

JJ ibrox 2010. He made a comeback as a Midfielder after making his debut in 2008 as a 16 year old. Harry Cochrane anyone? 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Or he's got them flying on the devils dandruff...😳😂🇱🇻

9 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

JJ ibrox 2010. He made a comeback as a Midfielder after making his debut in 2008 as a 16 year old. Harry Cochrane anyone? 

As an aside, am a right in thinking Robinson was the youngest player to play for Hearts when he made his debut? Or youngest to score maybe?

I'd take Holt back at hearts. Lad is too good for Livi imo

Scott Robinson ruined his own hearts career by requesting to play deeper in midfield. He made mistakes and now he’s the player he should have been 3-4 years ago. Cup winner in the biggest game in our history, Gorgie Legend.

He's being played in his correct position by a manager who believes in him.  It's a crazy philosophy that will never catch on.

6 hours ago, Barack said:

Reffed him a couple of times in hiss amateur/junior days, he was a decent guy, no trouble and a handy player. (Martindale)

He obviously never backchatted to me, as I would have red-carded him for being in possession of a horrendous weegie accent.

Good luck to the guy, he is on an incredible run.

Edited by Tommy Brown

6 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Or he just has something about him, like Jim Jefferies, Walter Smith, Graeme Souness, or even Tommy Wright. 

Let's face it, Neilson will never get that respect. 

He's more of a lego man. 

yawn. You are so predictable in your nonsense. Boring now

Edited by 1971fozzy

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

We didn't write him off. I seem to remember he came through the ranks as a forward but when he made it to the first team he decided that he'd only play midfield. Never really starred in that role for us and moved on. Had he remained an out and out striker then who knows. 

Always have a bit sympathy for lads like him.  Sergio seemed to know where to play him and he put in some good performances playing behind the forwards. 

He’d close the opposition right down , snap into tackles in the last third and it let us win the ball in better areas. 

All in all the club entered a turbulent time soon after and it didn’t help him and others.  

A_A wehatethehibs

Any man took to the field in a Hearts shirt at Hampden on 19th May 2012 is alright in my book 

But he’s the classic example to young players like Moore and Henderson of why you should leave Hearts if you’re not playing and not good enough. 

Robinson stayed till he was 23 and that’s him took 5 years to get himself up to consistent Premiership level so now he’s 28. You’ve got to get out there to clubs and play. If he’d left when he was 20, he’d have got those 5 years out the way and be 25 now and would have better career prospects, as it is, it might be too late for a real big move for him. 

An almost certain bet he will score against us next season. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

8 hours ago, Barack said:

Get back to the Xbox. :lol:

I'm not an RN fan, but I'll back him before some drug dealing scumbag. 

👍

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Always have a bit sympathy for lads like him.  Sergio seemed to know where to play him and he put in some good performances playing behind the forwards. 

He’d close the opposition right down , snap into tackles in the last third and it let us win the ball in better areas. 

All in all the club entered a turbulent time soon after and it didn’t help him and others.  

He snapped into too many tackles which resulted in too many red and yellow cards.

9 hours ago, smiler said:

He's finally making his mark as a striker, when as somebody said earlier, he always wanted to be a midfielder. He was about the worst passer of a ball I've seen at Tynecastle, his passes sort of bumbled across the grass and rarely found their target. 

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Done alright for himself tbf. Good luck to him. 

7 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

As an aside, am a right in thinking Robinson was the youngest player to play for Hearts when he made his debut? Or youngest to score maybe?

I'd take Holt back at hearts. Lad is too good for Livi imo

Think he was. 

Not so sure about Holt though he always played with his head up, which I liked. The player who's caught my eye most though is 

Ross Callachan. I think he was dumped on the back of one mistake at Motherwell (in a cup game I think). We could have done with him last season ahead of Damour and various other mediocrities. 

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

He's being played in his correct position by a manager who believes in him.  It's a crazy philosophy that will never catch on.

I think that our current manager might have the same flaw. Time will tell.

Good to see Scott Robinson do well. Can't say I'm surprised.

57 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He snapped into too many tackles which resulted in too many red and yellow cards.

He only got 1 red card for Hearts.  Discipline wasn't really that much of an issue, he had one season he got quite a few bookings but he wasn't exactly reckless.

I always quite liked him, glad to see him doing well for himself.

1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

He only got 1 red card for Hearts.  Discipline wasn't really that much of an issue, he had one season he got quite a few bookings but he wasn't exactly reckless.

I always quite liked him, glad to see him doing well for himself.

Matter of opinion but I thought he was far too reckless.

I'm reading some saying 'told you so' but I cannot remember the wails of anguish when he left. I will be honest. I thought he was absolutely hopeless at Hearts where he spent much of his time hiding in midfield and I saw him as a player who would end up in the juniors. It just goes to show how much I know. What went wrong at Tynecastle; perhaps he was just a young boy overpowered by bigger personalities and was frightened to make mistakes? It would be wrong to say that he wasn't given a chance, because he was given plenty. It would be interesting to hear his take on things.  

Bazzas right boot

Average player having a purple patch. 

Shite team having a purple patch. 

See Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, Hamilton who have done that recently then went back to being pish. 

Also, Any player that is having their best form ever now I would question, are these guys the sort who were great in training but bang average or shite on the pitch when there were fans? 

I'd question the mentality of these players. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Matter of opinion but I thought he was far too reckless.

Not really a matter of opinion tho. 

He either was or was not. 

His bookings and  more importantly his red cards give evidence to his "recklessness". 

With only one red card, it would indicate your opinion is incorrect and the Bob fellow is correct. 

Jason Holt and Alan Lithgow doing the business for them too. And they've just signed Gavin Reilly.

A team of Hearts misfits pushing on for top 6.

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not really a matter of opinion tho. 

He either was or was not. 

His bookings and  more importantly his red cards give evidence to his "recklessness". 

With only one red card, it would indicate your opinion is incorrect and the Bob fellow is correct. 

He may not have had many reds but he was a dreadful tackler. Drag up any stat you want mate, but the fans remember what we saw on grass. He used to foul people all the time and players used to get past him and he’d bring them down. Jamie Hammil was exactly the same. I don’t mind stats but in this case, a classic example of how a stat can be misleading. Robinson was typically a substitute in at least half of his total appearances for us as well, subs rarely get reds. And the referees were actually being slightly kind to us in the 13-14 season as well, we were a team of kids who were badly struggling to be competitive. 

Would i take him back now at Hearts? Maybe, as a utility forward, by the look of him at Livi he would offer more than Jamie Walker, Craig Wighton, Froberts, Moore, Henderson, and Olly Lee next season all of whom are free to go IMO. We need 10 out 10 in IMO so a few will need to be proven Premiership players and he ticks that box. But he’d be a squaddie not a starter and tbh, would he want that? Doubt it. So the best bet is, he’ll stay at Livi and we should all have money on him to score against us. We all know it will happen. 

Weakened Offender
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Great player, JJ wanted him to play further up the park, Sergio made him vice captain. Glad to see a good Jambo doing well. 

I agree. 

Robinson was part of the 2012 Cup run and was an important plan of Sergio's semi final plans. He was a good wee player and another in a long, long line of youngsters who were targeted by our chronic home support. Good luck to him. 

10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

It's interesting to see that he seems happy to be playing more as a striker now just like Hearts wanted him to but he decided that all his coaches were wrong and he wanted to play in midfield.

He went in the huff as sixteen year olds do and it affected his game.

He is playing well as the whole team are and good luck to them and him. The acide test for them will be to see how they react after the first few defeats.

They do have some decent players and they all fight for the team no doubt about that quality.

10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Thought he was better than he was when he was with us. They must be doing something right at Livi though. Good luck to him....👍

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He may not have had many reds but he was a dreadful tackler. Drag up any stat you want mate, but the fans remember what we saw on grass. He used to foul people all the time and players used to get past him and he’d bring them down. Jamie Hammil was exactly the same. I don’t mind stats but in this case, a classic example of how a stat can be misleading. Robinson was typically a substitute in at least half of his total appearances for us as well, subs rarely get reds. And the referees were actually being slightly kind to us in the 13-14 season as well, we were a team of kids who were badly struggling to be competitive. 

Would i take him back now at Hearts? Maybe, as a utility forward, by the look of him at Livi he would offer more than Jamie Walker, Craig Wighton, Froberts, Moore, Henderson, and Olly Lee next season all of whom are free to go IMO. We need 10 out 10 in IMO so a few will need to be proven Premiership players and he ticks that box. But he’d be a squaddie not a starter and tbh, would he want that? Doubt it. So the best bet is, he’ll stay at Livi and we should all have money on him to score against us. We all know it will happen. 

It wasn't my stat. 

Recklessness is  different from being a bit shite which results in silly and needless fouls which is what the poster said he was. 

1 red card does not indicate recklessness. 

No arguments from me about him being a bit shit, giving the ball and needless fouls away, but reckless, nah.