*** MAFIA: Save the Galaxy

Dunks

2 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Think we should know his position. Do we only have 3 goons left, have we still got a Doc, Cop, Blabbermouth>

It clearly states he was a rebel.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• AndyNic

• Dunks

• Vlad Magic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stuart McNeill
5 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Think we should know his position. Do we only have 3 goons left, have we still got a Doc, Cop, Blabbermouth>

He was just a rebel. Townie.

Morgaro Gomis
5 minutes ago, Dunks said:

tumblr_inline_pfki3096321r1cpsx_500.gifv

The force is strong in this one.

(Is this confirming a mod-kill, i have no idea?)

34 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

FYI @Boof

Clear as day it was a piss take. 

To be honest, that is what I'm leaning towards but I've had enough wool pulled over my eyes in many games to not take everything at face value.

So my leans are...actually, don't want to publish the folk I think are good just yet.

Bear in mind I'm working alone (and that's NOT a euphemism for being Han Solo :lol:) so can only gather information from what I read. Tough work being a townie and it does suck somewhat badly at times but ya just gotta get on with it!

On 09/01/2021 at 18:36, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I know next to nothing about Star Wars but looking forward to this.

I'm just a rebel, but if I was Yoda I would investigate Morgaro Gomis on night one, just because I could.  But I can't, so I won't.

On 09/01/2021 at 18:36, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I know next to nothing about Star Wars but looking forward to this.

I'm just a rebel, but if I was Yoda I would investigate Morgaro Gomis on night one, just because I could.  But I can't, so I won't.

On 09/01/2021 at 18:40, Morgaro Gomis said:

My instant thought when I was reading through Dunks information was that you’d be clueless, which pleases me.

I’m just a rebel, so couldn’t use BS but I wouldn’t if I could anyway - I’d investigate Sheldon as he’s clearly bad to the core. 

On 09/01/2021 at 18:53, Boof said:

If I was Obi Wanky Nobby I'd be checking out Riddley in the time-honoured BS fashion.

I'm not so if ye're a goon, (Daisy) Riddley, ye're safe for night 1 unless someone else checks you out.

Me? Rebel without a clue...

On 09/01/2021 at 20:11, jambosean75 said:

hello, just a rebel without a cause

wouldn't use the force (bs)

would just investigate darth boof

23 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

On 09/01/2021 at 20:24, yvonnejambo said:

There's the potential Goons if the Cop used BS.

EDIT: didn't mean to quote Yvonne or Dawn there and can't delete so deleted the text.

Edited by AndyNic

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

EDIT: didn't mean to quote Yvonne or Dawn there and can't delete so deleted the text.

You do realise you posted Sean as a potential goon when he is dead and a confirmed mason? 

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I’d also be interested to know how you narrowed it down to those and discounted others as there plenty of other “BS” suspects.

Your post makes no sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I’d also be interested to know how you narrowed it down to those and discounted others as there plenty of other “BS” suspects.

I know Sean was a mason. I simply multi quoted everyone that said they'd use BS. 

1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Regarding peaking meant to add he's also playing differently from his ladt game when he was the blabbermouth 

Blabbermouth was a nightmare role, didnt enjoy it. 

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Yeah it's a weird post, I said I'd use bs if I was the cop but I'm not so I didn't investigate Ian

1    Rudi Skacel townie
2    yvonnejambo townie

3    Stuart McNeill
4    Dawnrazor
5    Simo
6    Smack
7    Peakybunnet
8    Vlad Magic
9    Bunny Munro
10    AndyNic
11    Morgaro Gomis
12    jambosean75 mason
13    Boof
15    Riddley Walker
16    Dr. Sheldon Cooper
17    Shapes mason
18    Tenaciousdandy
19    iantjambo
20    AlimOzturk

I'm afraid I don't quite get Andy's post either...

Boof said I may not have been investigated if the cop used BS so all I was trying to do was look back and see who said they would use BS and get a potential Goon from the list of people that were to be investigated.

Ah - a question for Dunks.

See when the Cop found a goon...did you tell them which goon it was?

Only asking as if it was Sidious then he has that magical transferring of badness power...doesn't he?

Does that power work however Sidious meets his maker?

i.e. if it was known to be Sidious would we really want to be knocking him off right now and potentially turning someone before even Anakin gets turned?

I still think Peaky is dodgy. Say I go and vote for him now - just looks like I'm trying to save myself when I could take a hit. But from my point of view it's potentially hitting a goon because I know if I go the town is another rebel down after Rudi going unexpectedly.

Morgaro Gomis
24 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Boof said I may not have been investigated if the cop used BS so all I was trying to do was look back and see who said they would use BS and get a potential Goon from the list of people that were to be investigated.

Ah okay, I see what you meant now. Thanks for clarifying.

1    Rudi Skacel townie NOT A BS-ing COP
2    yvonnejambo townie NOT A BS-ing COP

3    Stuart McNeill
4    Dawnrazor
5    Simo
6    Smack
7    Peakybunnet
8    Vlad Magic
9    Bunny Munro
10    AndyNic
11    Morgaro Gomis NOT A BS-ing COP *you've only got my word on that
12    jambosean75 mason  NOT A BS-ing COP
13    Boof NOT A BS-ing COP *you've only got my word on that
15    Riddley Walker
16    Dr. Sheldon Cooper NOT A BS-ing COP
17    Shapes mason NOT A BS-ing COP
18    Tenaciousdandy
19    iantjambo
20    AlimOzturk NOT A BS-ing COP

That leaves 11 folk. Take away the 4 goons and we're left with 7. The ones with an asterisk are clearly explained as:
Morgaro isn't a BS Cop since the Cop found a goon

I'm not a BS Cop because I'm not the Cop! That doesn't mean Riddley isn't a goon - just that IF he is and IF he's the one that was discovered last night...it wasn't me that did the discovering.

The Cop and mason know who one goon is. They must keep a very close eye on their posts (assuming they don't go into lurky mode - and going into lurk mode should be difficult as they won't know which goon was checked) and only reveal what they know when it's safest to do so. Maybe we need to see who is more/less chatty than yesterday?

27 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

I thought I'd quoted this.

If the Cop had committed to BS then it would be unhelpful if they then changed their mind due to the events of the day. That might just have to wait until night 2 and they hope that they survive the day. Which should, in normal circumstances, be do-able just by being a bit less noticeable. Lower profile...

BS is by no means perfect but it was only designed to let the masons know the Cop's ID (even if he wouldn't know theirs) in order to provide him with a little more protection from lynching should the occasion arise. Assuming the town and assassin don't get rid of 2/3 of the brotherhood.

15 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

If its a pile on 

Unvote Sheldon

Vote Sean 

I'm needing an explanation for the gung-ho nature of this or it'll be our Peaky chum heading UP the dodgy list.

Why contribute to a pile-on when nobody (other than goons and masons) knew anything? And masons surely wouldn't be contributing to a pile-on...

40 minutes ago, Boof said:

Only asking as if it was Sidious then he has that magical transferring of badness power...doesn't he?

i.e. if it was known to be Sidious would we really want to be knocking him off right now and potentially turning someone before even Anakin gets turned?

The Rebel Leaders and the Jedi Investigator were told if the investigee is good, bad or in it for themselves.

Darth Sidious can only invoke his special power if he is lynched. He will die outright in any other scenario.

13 minutes ago, Boof said:

I'm needing an explanation for the gung-ho nature of this or it'll be our Peaky chum heading UP the dodgy list.

Why contribute to a pile-on when nobody (other than goons and masons) knew anything? And masons surely wouldn't be contributing to a pile-on...

I hate to see my vote wasted. I was on Yvonne with nobody else joining. moved to Sheldon who was then losing votes so jumped on Sean to make it a worthwhile vote. 

I have given my goon list and will probably vote one of them later when I get into work. 

Can more people give a goon list?

Just checking in - As expected I've basically not been on at all since yesterday evening.

Works been mental today too (Spoiler Vanguard planned for 7700 new clients in January... There's already been over 7k 😂🙃 so the AML is a shitshow) 

Gone for lunch now so gonna try and catch up on the thread and will try and get posting again after 5pm tonight! 

Tenaciousdandy
52 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

I hate to see my vote wasted. I was on Yvonne with nobody else joining. moved to Sheldon who was then losing votes so jumped on Sean to make it a worthwhile vote. 

I have given my goon list and will probably vote one of them later when I get into work. 

Can more people give a goon list?

I'm leaning towards trusting both Vlad and Andy due to the fact they are both being pretty out there and active if there attack and defending

I don't think these players are in a team together due to the voting 

Morgaro and sheldon

Dawn and Sheldon 

Peaky and Sheldon (altho he did unvote and help lynch Sean) 

Vlad and Andy 

Stuart and andy

Smack and andy

Probably doesn't really hp much tho lol 

Edited by Tenaciousdandy

Riddley Walker
4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Random seeing as Sean hadn’t done much to draw attention but fair enough?

Now you aren’t comfortable with your decision? Again fair enough. 

Now you unvote him which backs up you being uncomfortable again fair enough.

Then randomly and with no explanation you vote him again? 

But you did you put Sean in the lead. “not comfortable putting someone in the lead” but you did?

Simply does not make any sense to me.

I'm having a look back through the thread and this sequence from Andy properly stood out to me.

He said he wasn't comfortable with the pile-on on Sean, unvoted him and then voted for him again? It reeks of trying to save someone. We know Andy isn't a mason which means the only other player he could have been that had info at this stage would be a goon.

It seems to me that Andy is probably a goon, and one of the others in the potential tie break, Sheldon or Dandy, are possible goons too.

8 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm having a look back through the thread and this sequence from Andy properly stood out to me.

He said he wasn't comfortable with the pile-on on Sean, unvoted him and then voted for him again? It reeks of trying to save someone. We know Andy isn't a mason which means the only other player he could have been that had info at this stage would be a goon.

It seems to me that Andy is probably a goon, and one of the others in the potential tie break, Sheldon or Dandy, are possible goons too.

Funny that you've chosen to completely ignore the replies to this :lol:

I suppose Sheldon or Dandy could be Goons but it certainly wasn't me trying to save one of them. Have a read of the replies and you'll see my vote for Sean (at the time) took him to 3 votes. If I was looking to save a Goon I'd have voted for one of Sheldon or Dandy according to you surely??

Tenaciousdandy
9 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Nothing posted has any indication that suggests I'm a goon the complete opposite infact, no one came to save me when I was out in front most of the day I made no attempt to save myself either apart from telling folk I'm a townie

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Funny that you've chosen to completely ignore the replies to this :lol:

I suppose Sheldon or Dandy could be Goons but it certainly wasn't me trying to save one of them. Have a read of the replies and you'll see my vote for Sean (at the time) took him to 3 votes. If I was looking to save a Goon I'd have voted for one of Sheldon or Dandy according to you surely??

I made the comment as I was scrolling through. Regardless of your replies, it's still a strange vote to make if you supposedly have no info to go on.

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Nothing posted has any indication that suggests I'm a goon the complete opposite infact, no one came to save me when I was out in front most of the day I made no attempt to save myself either apart from telling folk I'm a townie

Yeah I don't actually think you're a goon, based on the rest of the day. I'm just trying to talk through and decipher Andy's actions :lol:

15 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

This is my biggest issue with Andy. The sequence of events that led to Sean’s lynch were odd as is defence - whilst admirable - he should be willing to take the hit if he is a townie. It doesn’t help but it isn’t the end of the world unlike losing the cop/last mason/doc would be. 

I am sticking with Andy. Something doesn’t add up and if he turns out to be a townie then that’s his fault for playing a dodgey game. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

2 hours ago, Boof said:

The cop would surely know if the person they picked to investigate would be a goon simply by dunks confirming that the investigation found a goon on the game thread? 

isn’t that how it works? 

Safe list;

Me

Vlad

Andy

Dandy.

I'm not sure about the others, possibly Alim is good if I had to add another to my safe list.

What's the crack about the Star Wars super power thingy, has it been awarded or have folk kinda forgotten about it?

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Safe list;

Me

Vlad

Andy

Dandy.

I'm not sure about the others, possibly Alim is good if I had to add another to my safe list.

What's the crack about the Star Wars super power thingy, has it been awarded or have folk kinda forgotten about it?

How come Andy is on your safe list, out of interest?

Just caught up, hell of a morning.

Andy is looking looking like a daft laddie, but is he just looking like one or is he playing the fool on purpose.

Vlad is going on hard on Andy, not without reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were both good.

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Safe list;

Me

Vlad

Andy

Dandy.

Is this based on gut feeling or something more?

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

Is this based on gut feeling or something more?

Kinda, some of the posts in defense seem reasonable to me, they haven't been lurking so it's ppssible that they've just been more visible and therefore less suspicious, it's not a definitive list and I've cast a vote yet, I don't want to have to change my vote for obvious reasons😅😅

There's a good degree of chance that my list is shite, I had rudi as the nailed on assassin 😅

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The cop would surely know if the person they picked to investigate would be a goon simply by dunks confirming that the investigation found a goon on the game thread? 

isn’t that how it works? 

Well, yes, but since there's one goon who has a special power I wondered if the Cop/mason would know which particular goon they'd unearthed.

And if that was the goon who'd been discovered was there any way we could get him removed without that special power being activated - seems that there IS a way but, as far as I can tell, we need the assassin to do the work. Unless Alfie's artefacts give someone in the town the ability to negate the power if they're one of the voters? It's far-fetched but hey - we're playing a game where far-fetchedness is pretty much the order of the day :lol: 

Can't remember if you've ever been cop but how it would work would be by PM. Cop tells Dunks who he'd like to investigate, Dunks responds to say good/bad/in it for themself. So Cop and mason(s) would find out before the rest of us...but only just.