*** MAFIA: Save the Galaxy

Dunks

Fair enough but at the same time you can see folk saying "**** it, no point in playing!" if you know you're doing to get bumped off right away (or 90% of the time anyway)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• AndyNic

• Dunks

• Vlad Magic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tenaciousdandy
3 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Just had a look at the Fb mafia thing and it is a page. 

F9B08B04-6861-42DA-9397-5DF36B09E223.png

Just had a look and doesn't show up on search

Tenaciousdandy
2 hours ago, Riddley Walker said:

A WhatsApp group would be much easier for the goon/Mason chat and stop those of a Nasty Nick persuasion hovering over user names. 

I spoke to boof about the possibility of using discord 

Just now, Tenaciousdandy said:

Just had a look and doesn't show up on search

I think I saw an old post from you. I can comment on it if you like and see if you get the notification.

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I think I saw an old post from you. I can comment on it if you like and see if you get the notification.

Yeah go for it, I probably did join years back when I was quite fb active 

2 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Yeah go for it, I probably did join years back when I was quite fb active 

Can’t comment on your post 😔 

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, iantjambo said:

Can’t comment on your post 😔 

5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Found it I must have left, reapplied if they will have me lol 

Riddley Walker
34 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I spoke to boof about the possibility of using discord 

Really good idea actually, Discord is a great app. 

Discord? 😒

I've reached an age where all the technology I understand is all the technology I will ever attempt to understand. With the possible exception of sex robots.

Do we really need all this facebook and discord stuff? Haven't the games been good and enjoyable? Has there really been cheating by some by looking at profiles?

Have I missed something?

Riddley Walker
11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Do we really need all this facebook and discord stuff? Haven't the games been good and enjoyable? Has there really been cheating by some by looking at profiles?

Have I missed something?

Don't think there's any harm in trying to improve it, even though it's not bad.

Having an app that sends you notifications, for example, would be great for the goon/masons chat. PMs are quite clunky on JKB

Just now, Riddley Walker said:

Don't think there's any harm in trying to improve it, even though it's not bad.

Having an app that sends you notifications, for example, would be great for the goon/masons chat. PMs are quite clunky on JKB

Ok, don't see the need my self but I take your points.

Riddley Walker
18 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I've not even heard of Discord, what's that?

It's an interactive community app where you can join a specific group and it lets you create different channels, share, chat, post and upload etc. It's a really nice wee app that's really popular for online games and gaming communities.

Tenaciousdandy
10 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Have I missed something?

I don't think it's something we especially need, altho it could be used if trams wanted to, i don't think there is a lot "cheating" going on tbh as peaky said he was unaware it was seen as a bit against the fairness of the game as it was a common tactic years ago and folk would go into invisible mode when playing lol

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

It's an interactive community app where you can join a specific group and it lets you create different channels, share, chat, post and upload etc. It's a really nice wee app that's really popular for online games and gaming communities.

I've joined but as I said it doesn't have to be used just good to possibly have an alternative to jkb pms, as I was saying I was having to triple check everything I sent dunks and the goons incase I posted it on game by mistake with jumping between 3 tabs lol altho it's always funny when someone accidentally posts a message on the game thread 😂

Riddley Walker
Just now, Tenaciousdandy said:

I've joined but as I said it doesn't have to be used just good to possibly have an alternative to jkb pms, as I was saying I was having to triple check everything I sent dunks and the goons incase I posted it on game by mistake with jumping between 3 tabs lol altho it's always funny when someone accidentally posts a message on the game thread 😂

Yep I agree with this, so many times I've nearly done that :lol: As you say if there's a goon or mason team that wants to use it then they can.  Doesn't have to be a thing where you can't play unless you have Discord.

As a first time game moderator, I really enjoyed being part of the various PM threads as well as the game thread. Although the mason was pretty quiet :whistling:

As long as I can still do that, I'm in :D

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Does it have a swear filter?

If no then I’m in!!

Bloody hell. I’m just trying to imagine your posts with no sweat filter 😂😂

Stuart McNeill

Discord and other messaging services could probably help out the group chats and kickback can be very slow especially on mobile using chrome.

Not everyone has facebook or discord and it's KB that does bring us together.

I've joined both groups as the bots on discord etc could prove useful but it'd be annoying and probably put people off trying to migrate over!

@yvonnejambo
when you thinking about starting?

4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Next time I reckon Yvonne, Shapes and Boof should be exempt from first day/night killing cos it really does just ruin the game and it's not right. 

One assassin, three bullets... 🤔

I don't think hard and fast exemptions is the way to go - imagine if we were three goons!

I'm not sure there really IS a solution other than show a wee bit of compassion... in a dog-eat-dog world.

Sure we'd be fair game if we did something stand-outable but just knocking someone off for shits and giggles is a bit meh.

I'll admit there have been times when I've thought "ah, **** it - that's me done for a while" and maybe skipped a game or two but I do aye come back. There's just something about the games that gets me drawn in :lol:  Certainly isn't the spreadsheet-making...what a pain in the erse that is!! Trouble is, now, if I don't do it that'll automatically be because I'm a goon :lol: 

And if you want to see folk taking it seriously...see if @Shapes can dredge up that World Championship thing that someone came and recruited folk for. You've not seen multi-quoting forensically examined until you've taken a shufti at that...holy mackerel!

One question from this game - @Dunks...is Alfie aware of the hedgehog post or did you swiftly scroll past that one? :lol: What's that mean, Dad?

I'll be up for whatever we've got next. 

Putting my sensible hat on for a moment.

We haven’t had any real issues as things stand? The games recently have been brilliant fun. The regulars all play (as far as I know) with honesty and integrity which means when we pick up new players they follow those standards.

The whole game relies more on being honest with your fellow players whilst lieing through your back teeth to them at the same time.

Its a lovely group of people of all different characters which makes each game fun and different.

If anyone was caught being a dick and trying to cheat they simply wouldn’t be allowed to play again.

That for me is a good enough deterrent. As Shapes said earlier these games are a welcome break from all the crap that’s going on.

I wouldn’t jeopardise that just to get a bit of an advantage by looking at someone’s profile?

Would any of us?

I trust you all!!

Now where’s that bottle of wine?!

ATTTAAAAACK!!!!  

2 hours ago, Dunks said:

As a first time game moderator, I really enjoyed being part of the various PM threads as well as the game thread. Although the mason was pretty quiet :whistling:

As long as I can still do that, I'm in :D

Tell me about it, there was more action from them when dead. Left me in the lurch for Sean's demise. 😆

Edited by Peakybunnet

7 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Tell me about it, there was more action from them when dead. Left me in the lurch for Sean's demise. 😆

TBF - you killed one of them :rofl:

13 minutes ago, Boof said:

One question from this game - @Dunks...is Alfie aware of the hedgehog post or did you swiftly scroll past that one? :lol: What's that mean, Dad?

He was tracking the game on his school iPad :D

There was an in-game reprimand for the hedgehog post - almost a vote ban - but I was still reeling from Alfie asking what shagging meant from the intro video :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, Boof said:

And if you want to see folk taking it seriously...see if @Shapes can dredge up that World Championship thing that someone came and recruited folk for. You've not seen multi-quoting forensically examined until you've taken a shufti at that...holy mackerel!

I did some research pre-game, just looking at previous JKB setups initially, but then entered the world of mafia-mega-geeks. Oh my word. That's where the idea for the artefacts and Sidious' powers came from, albeit I put my own we slant on it and still fecked it up :jj_facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Dunks said:

There was an in-game reprimand for the hedgehog post - almost a vote ban - but I was still reeling from Alfie asking what shagging meant from the intro video :facepalm:

Nae danger!:rofl:

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Bloody hell. I’m just trying to imagine your posts with no sweat filter 😂😂

I type what I think.

Bollocks to filters. That’s their job not mine 👍👍

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

I thought he would have brought me back to life at least 😆

1 hour ago, yvonnejambo said:

I thought he would have brought me back to life at least 😆

Ha ha - he did want you to be protected night one - it was me that wouldn't allow it :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Ha ha - he did want you to be protected night one - it was me that wouldn't allow it :facepalm:

That’s it next time you plan to run a game leave it to Alfie! 😁

8 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Yip as you do have images in your head of what folk are like in real life and it’s never what you think! 
I have been to a few JKB events and good when you get to put a face to a name 

We should have a JKB Mafia night out when this is all over. I know we're not all Edinburgh local but surely a bunch of us are?
I'm 100% behind no immunity for certain players - but common sense should be applied. Everyone should get to enjoy the games.

15 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

We should have a JKB Mafia night out when this is all over. I know we're not all Edinburgh local but surely a bunch of us are?
I'm 100% behind no immunity for certain players - but common sense should be applied. Everyone should get to enjoy the games.

And play for real? :D

Tenaciousdandy
5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

5 hours ago, Dunks said:

And play for real? :D

Vlad suggested we have a mafia p1ss up once everything goes back to normal when we were part of a goon team, would definitely be up for it, minus the night killing 😂

Actually could you imagine a lynching outside tynecastle 🤣🤣

Edited by Tenaciousdandy

2 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Actually could you imagine a lynching outside tynecastle 🤣🤣

Aye - if that ***** Doncaster ever shows his glaikit face.

Tenaciousdandy
14 minutes ago, Boof said:

Aye - if that ***** Doncaster ever shows his glaikit face.

Hell yeah bbc and stv cameras present to document the momentus moment in history altho they woukd probably spin it and still mention the weeg

Edited by Tenaciousdandy