The Hearts GOAT (Greatest of all time) but don’t mention your runner ups

rudiatemyhamster

SectionDJambo

In my years of supporting Hearts from the 60s, although it's a tough choice, for me it has to be Rudi Skacel, just over John Robertson.

A two time cup winner, to a guy like me who thought for years that I'd never see Hearts win a trophy, is just unbeatable. From his first game until his last, a real talisman for our team. Charismatic beyond measure, he fed off the love of the fans and gave us it back in spades. Some of the goals he scored, particularly in big games, were just wonderful.

I really wish that my dad could have seen him play for Hearts. It would have given him someone to compare with the great Hearts players he saw.

My favourite goal by Rudi is one which hardly ever seems to be spoken about. The opening goal of the 2012 cup semi final. Most players wouldn't have had the vision to get on the end of the pass to him in the first place. To then gather the ball and be aware that his shot had to be lifted into the roof of the net, to make sure the keeper couldn't block it, was probably the most sublime, meaningful piece of skill I've seen from a Hearts player. With him in the team, winning the final was never in doubt.

We will probably never see his likes again.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorgie Boot boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Deevers

• Cruyff

William H. Bonney

In my lifetime it’s quite easily John Robertson. The man quite simply epitomised heart of Midlothian. 
It’s a much harder question to answer pre Robbo though. 
We’re very lucky as fans to have had so many amazing players play for us. 
Battles, bauld, conn, wardhaugh, mackay, Ford... 

if the question was favourite player however I would chose John colquhoun. As a child growing up you wanted to be robbo or colquhoun. 

During my 43yrs on this earth .... 

*in best Kurgan voice*

There can be only one .... 

JOHN ROBERTSON

On 09/01/2021 at 08:14, copa-mundial said:

As expected, Robbo and Rudi's names flood the board, and rightly so. Who can argue against either of them. Both very worthy of the title. Both legends in their own right. 

It still astonishes me how we had Robbo almost the majority of his career. 

For me. It's, John Colquhoun. 

Maybe or definitely won't be as popular, but anyone who seen him play. My god this boy could play! The famous number 7 jersey. Tucked in at the front, out at the back. 

J.C. always has been my Hearts player of all time. 

This will definitely come down to an age generation. 

Any excuse to post my t-shirt on here again....

Screenshot_20180609-084340.thumb.png.ea159077f2c5d8e91e4bd1eb4234fc5e.png

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Any excuse to post my t-shirt on here again....

Screenshot_20180609-084340.thumb.png.ea159077f2c5d8e91e4bd1eb4234fc5e.png

Theres a story about JC when he signed, I can't remember the player but when they found out how much he was signed for said "ffs we could've had Joe Miller for that much" they soon changed their mind when JC took to the pitch. What a player, JC / Robbo / Sandy Clark what a trio!

Robbo must be regarded as the GOAT, 310 goals and was it 700+ appearances. 

That's a tough one, never saw the Terrible trio or Dave MacKay so no doubt I would plumped for one of them. Rudi was incredible but was not around long enough!

Started watching Hearts mid seventies when they were just awful so have to go with the one and only Robbo!